PDA

View Full Version : Is there a MP squad on BF2?

Daemachoe
05-27-2010, 11:04 AM
I just got the game and tried Multiplayer for a little bit, definitely a learning curve from MW2.

There seems to be a squad option (just like clan in MW2, I am assuming) and I was wondering if there was a MP squad already created? Do I just search for MP for the PS3?

Jackie R
05-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Select the option 'play with friends" and you should see a list of people online. Now, you can start your own squad and invite people by highlighting the names (it will tell you if they are currently playing BC2) or you can do what I do and send a message via PSN to whom you see playing and ask if anyone has room in an already created squad. If you are lucky, someone will send you an invite and all you need to do is open the message and pick 'join'.

Hope this helps.

Daemachoe
05-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Ahh okay, so this isnt like a permanent clan tag type from MW2. Its just a "party" feature. Thanks it does clear it up. Is there a way to add the tag MP in front of your PSN similar to MW2?

Retro
05-27-2010, 11:25 AM
There should be a buuton on the multiplayer menu that says add clan tag.

SlapLaB
05-27-2010, 11:32 AM
... and yes the whole system is not so user-friendly...

Sometimes when you "join" a friend you end up on a different squad, or even on the opposite team (we call this "to be borlaxxed" ;) )

Then you have to somehow attract their attention (e.g. shoot them ;) ) and wait until there is a space in their squad... (-|

It's one of the major pb of BC2 IMHO

Retro
05-27-2010, 11:35 AM
I've never been put on the opposite team, just lucky I guess.

SlapLaB
05-27-2010, 11:45 AM
I've never been put on the opposite team, just lucky I guess.

No, it only happens if there is no space in their team...

The logic if you join a friend seems to be : squad > team > opposite team

Daemachoe
05-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Sometimes when you "join" a friend you end up on a different squad, or even on the opposite team (we call this "to be borlaxxed" ;) )

Dude that is hilarious. To be "borlaxxed", well I hope that never happens to me =)) =))

Beano
05-27-2010, 05:13 PM
When I first joined the clan I added all the people on the list and then went into "play with friends" on the ps3. This is how I got to know most of the people playing BC2. Granted some of the people don't have mics but I think for the most part the majority does.

unich
05-28-2010, 06:50 AM
I've personally had the unfortunate experience of being "borlaxxed" on many occasion. I usually quit after 1 match (if I make it that long!!) and try again. Seems like everyone always plays Rush, I like it but Conquest and Death match are awesome. Can't wait to get back in the game...been on vaca for a week now (not that i'm complaining!!) See ya all on there (hopefully)