PDA

View Full Version : BF:BC2 ARICA HARBOR TACTICS

TrojanTeacher
05-28-2010, 06:22 PM
This was posted in the MEMBERS ONLY section so that we will be the only ones to see it. I think maybe we can create a BC2 forum in the members section to store things like this.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res7nrva/Pictures/ahtactics.jpg

FIRST SET OF MCOM's A and B

1. Sniper Position: The green arrow tells you how to approach this position. You will be under a tree, on a ledge. You are relatively concealed to any other sniper.
2. Sniper Position: A little more concealed than position 1, but harder to get to as you can get exposed easier. Once there, use the position primarily for spotting and painting targets. You can snipe on position A and B pretty easily as well.
3. Tank Position: When defending or attacking, you can climb up that hill and rain hell on the tanks from the defender or rain hell on A.

MCOM A: You can destroy this MCOM by blowing up the building.
MCOM B: Work hard at this one. Usually hiding in the building with the beds will be a mistake. Everyone attacks that building first. Use the building south of B and shoot through the windows.

SECOND SET OF MCOM's A and B

4. Sniper Position: Follow the green arrow to see how to get there. Once up there, you will have a view of all the second set of MCOM's.
5. Sniper Position: You can jump on top of this tree and snipe from there. The tree hides you pretty well, but once you're spotted, run!

MCOM A: You can destroy MCOM A from above!! Go to the second level and place C4 on the floor above where the MCOM is supposed to be. The blast of the C4 will do damage to the MCOM. Two assault class soldiers can take this out pretty easily.
MCOM B: You can destroy this building as well to destroy the MCOM.

THIRD SET OF MCOM's A and B

6. Sniper Position: To the right of the last red house on the second set of MCOM's there are some rocks you can climb behind and snipe from. Very good hiding place.

MCOM A: You can arm (or disarm) this MCOM from outside of the bus. Just stand or crouch next to the side of the bus that faces B and you can arm (or disarm) it.
MCOM B: Hard work, again. If you do arm it, hide behind the boxes near the back of the train and try to protect it as best you can.

FOURTH SET OF MCOM's A and B

7. Flanking Position for MCOM B: If you swim next to the boat on the left and reach the farthest ladder, climb up and you'll be behind B. Once person should hide inside one of the metal crates while the other three people go and set B. Once set, the person in the crate can pop their head out and spot all the soldiers that are coming in to B...and kill a few, too.

MCOM A: Get to it as fast as possible and set it. You will need C4 or Rockets to enter from the attacking side. Blow up the red barrel on the defending side to open up the train car.
MCOM B: Use the flanking position #7 to get to this and do your best to keep one squad mate alive.

LAST STAND MCOM's A and B

8. Sniper Position: Once MCOM A and B have been destroyed. Return to the MCOM A car and blow up the 'roof' of that car. It will open up and there will be a crate in there that you can jump on. Once on, you can stand up and see all the way to MCOM A and B. Sniping is relatively easy as most people have no idea that you can snipe from here.
9. Sniper Position: If you follow the green arrows you can climb on top of the trains and then jump to the roof of the warehouse. From there, you will have a sniping position for MCOM's A and B.

MCOM A: Destroy the wall leading to MCOM A. Enter the building and set A. As soon as it's set, let ONE squad mate go to B using the rear stairs next to A. These stairs are hardly ever used to attack A. Go up and set B and now the defenders will have to decide: A or B. One will blow.
MCOM B: See MCOM A Tactic.

Retro
05-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Damn, you need a hobby!

Very cool stuff, I need some time to go over this.

TrojanTeacher
05-28-2010, 06:58 PM
THIS is my hobby. :D

People wanted to set up private matches to learn tactics, but they didn't go too well. Itchy trigger fingers. This is a result of everything that was said over the first two sets of MCOM's yesterday and other things that I've seen and done. If there are other things you know of, let us know and I could edit the picture and edit the tactics.

CHARGE TO 300J
05-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Teach that's great stuff, that's exactly what I was talking about GOOD JOB :cheers: Could you add the typical anti tank mine placement for the roads also, but use the color aqua just for flare?

I think I will print and laminate and put in a 3 ring binder so I can have it handy when playing, ok thats a little much, but I'll still do it anyway.

Naming areas is key also, ie zone 1,2,3,.......

You definitely get an "adda boy" for that!!!!

Retro
05-28-2010, 07:38 PM
For the 3rd set, I would probably have the sniper from the 5 position move up the beach along the water parallel to the second "B" mcom. There are some rocks and trees there, where they could spot and snipe for the 3rd set of mcoms, specifically "B".

TrojanTeacher
05-29-2010, 12:29 AM
Yeah, there are lots of unmentioned sniper positions, but I only put in the ones that people may not know about.

MrBlitzer72
05-29-2010, 02:08 AM
^:)^ :-bd \m/ \:D/ 3:-O

You da man Teach! Funny thing is....i was working on one too! Yours is perfect! Good Job man!

~Blitz

SlapLaB
05-29-2010, 06:10 AM
Good stuff Teach! :applause:

Now it would also be good to see some good tips to defend (since defending is harder)

Of course one can just take those tips in reverse (I know for example that as a recon I will always mortar-strike positions 4, 5 & 9...)

TrojanTeacher
05-29-2010, 10:50 AM
The one thing that we discussed two days ago, which works GREAT all the time, is defending one position, and one ONLY. No Rambo'ing, no running around like a chicken without a head. Disciplined Defense. If you stick to defending a point, and set up some perimeter shooting positions around that position, it will be pretty difficult to get in to set an MCOM. There have been many times that I've gotten gunned down when attacking one MCOM over and over and over again. The one thing that stood constant was who was killing me. It was always the same two people. Then when I looked closer, it was a clan. They stuck together, 2 Medics, 1 Engineer, 1 Assault. Set up a perimeter and just destroyed anyone that entered. Call out an MCOM and stay there. Let the other squads take care of the other MCOM.

The thing is that some people don't want to just stick around and wait for the enemy to come because you don't gain any points, but it works. It works well. Blitz, Freak, Charge, and myself will play this type of defense when we're left with one MCOM and we've won many a match just by creating choke points for the enemy. Maybe I'll try to put a couple of points up there in the map that will tell of a couple of places that I know of that you can use as a defensive position.

I'm going to start working on Valparaiso next.

ProfUnderDog
05-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Nice Teach! If you give a command, don't you get extra points for defending?

TrojanTeacher
05-29-2010, 08:15 PM
If someone gives orders, you and they will get points for following the order and giving the order.

Sckrapps
05-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Wow, these are awesome Teach. I've played for over two days (or whatever that one achievement is) and I've never seen a lot of them. Others I have seen and never figured out how to do it, so this is huge. Good work man!

TrojanTeacher
05-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Just trying to give us the edge. LOL!

Sckrapps
05-30-2010, 04:18 PM
I wanted to post this reply here because we have a lot of "tactical talk" in the public forums, and if we can figure some things out I don't want to share them with the world!

I was thinking about how some of the 8 man squad tactics apparently didn't really work (I wasn't able to join that night) from what I can gather from some other threads. I've got a simple idea building on what Teach said earlier here.

If we have 8 people in a party in 2 squads, why not just break up into an alpha fireteam and a bravo fireteam? Alpha fireteam attacks the alpha MCOMMs during every attacking phase, while defending the alpha MCOMMs on every defending stage. Bravo fireteam attacks/defends the bravos all night. Each squad can decide how they want to do it, who plays what role etc, but if you're on Alpha fireteam you always know what you are supposed to be doing. Keep it simple and focused.

If we got good with this, and used some of Teach's tactics and map knowledge here, we could steamroll the opposition. Just an idea...

CELockwood
05-30-2010, 05:46 PM
I wanted to post this reply here because we have a lot of "tactical talk" in the public forums, and if we can figure some things out I don't want to share them with the world!

I was thinking about how some of the 8 man squad tactics apparently didn't really work (I wasn't able to join that night) from what I can gather from some other threads. I've got a simple idea building on what Teach said earlier here.

If we have 8 people in a party in 2 squads, why not just break up into an alpha fireteam and a bravo fireteam? Alpha fireteam attacks the alpha MCOMMs during every attacking phase, while defending the alpha MCOMMs on every defending stage. Bravo fireteam attacks/defends the bravos all night. Each squad can decide how they want to do it, who plays what role etc, but if you're on Alpha fireteam you always know what you are supposed to be doing. Keep it simple and focused.

If we got good with this, and used some of Teach's tactics and map knowledge here, we could steamroll the opposition. Just an idea...

Great jobs on the maps Teach. I'm learning a lot. If anyone has some general hints for Nelson freaking Bay, I'd love to hear them. I just came from 2 frustrating rounds on that map and ProfUnderDog can attest to my all around general ----fest. Not sure why, but I have a terrible time with that map, more than any other. Every time I play it, my team would be better off if I just stood in a corner somewhere to avoid being killed.

I likethis idea (alpha/bravo) we just need an easy way to identify the squads.

Retro
05-30-2010, 06:26 PM
Point me in the direction you want me to go, it shall be done.

ProfUnderDog
05-31-2010, 09:05 AM
Great jobs on the maps Teach. I'm learning a lot. If anyone has some general hints for Nelson freaking Bay, I'd love to hear them. I just came from 2 frustrating rounds on that map and ProfUnderDog can attest to my all around general ----fest. Not sure why, but I have a terrible time with that map, more than any other. Every time I play it, my team would be better off if I just stood in a corner somewhere to avoid being killed.

I likethis idea (alpha/bravo) we just need an easy way to identify the squads.

Don't beat yourself up Lockwood. Like you I have not played the rush maps very much and on hardcore, this game can be really challenging. After you left, I think I was the only guy on my squad to really try to defend M-Coms even though one non-mp guy kept yelling about why people weren't trying to disarm them. I must have died over 20 times that round.

Keep up these strategies Teach and the rest of the veteran MP crew, my cup is empty!

jkodrigues
06-01-2010, 07:07 AM
great work on both maps

MrBlitzer72
06-01-2010, 11:28 AM
ENGINEER TACTICS:

Hey guys, I wanted to add a defense aspect to Arica Harbor for the 1st and 2nd set of MCOMMS. The red dots are AT Mine placement markers. I have found that these locations work perfect for keeping those pesky tanks out of our base. The key to this is to have people spotting the tanks...which Teach mentioned, and to have some guys running assault classes to keep the engineers stocked up with mines and rockets. When I run engineer, I run the extra explosives perk which gives you 6 mines instead of 3. As soon as one tank goes, im laying down more mines. Remember though, if you try to lay more than 6 active mines, it will replace your first mine with the one you just dropped, so be mindful of that. On this map, if there is one squad of MP's, 2 engineers with the explosive upgrade perk gives you 12 mines total to defend the roads coming in. I also will drop 2 mines in front of our tanks at our spawn, because if you have noticed, the enemy likes to come steal the tanks, and this will prevent them from doing that. The assault classes should be dropping ammo at any engineer they see. The engineer locations that i have found most helpful are the green dots. Ideally, 3 engineers (2 with mines, 1 with Carl) and 1 assault class sets up a deadly combination. Spotting the tanks coming in is key, the farther out we see em', the quicker we can lay mines in their path.

TANK TACTICS:

There are many variations of what to do with the tanks on this map. The ones I have found most useful are the ones I marked in blue. On the defensive side, parking that tank on top of the hill is deadly. I also remember running this map the other night where the enemy had 2 tanks parked back in the corner near B, and we couldnt touch them. Extra Armour, or the Hardened Warhead package works great for these tank locations. ENGINEERS-stay close to a stationary tank, if its getting hit, just sit behind it and repair. The key to this map is protecting the B Mcomm, chances are, they will bring A down with mortars or tanks sitting off in the distance. With strong tank defense and enough mines, we will only have infantry to deal with. Motion mines and spotting are key when defending B.

Hope this helps out, while my map isnt as detailed as teach's :-B , it should help us to defend a little better. I was thinking of this from the Engineer perspective only. So feel free to add any comments on tactics that you see work on the defend side!

~Blitz

TrojanTeacher
06-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Very cool. I did take the offensive standpoint on my maps. I like those defensive tank positions. They're very hard to hit from there (barring the UAV). I always thought that being an Engineer and Assault class means that you're fearless. I usually run towards the tank and lay mines/C4 on them. I don't wait for them to get to me as there is more of a chance of me dying waiting than running. Nice, Blitz.

jkodrigues
06-02-2010, 07:56 AM
i remember one game i was with blitzer i was playing assault he was engenier i was just resuplying and killing who ever got out of the tanks we won they didnt get to second mcoms

sam007
06-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Here's a few of my own, the guys I played with (Beeano, elison81, spike4hand, dinsdale1978) last night can vouch for its effectiveness. ;-)

Use the M1A1's to bombard the objectives long range, you must have optics equipped to see where your shells are landing and adjust.

I've noticed others are starting to use the same strategy. I cannot say I created it, but use range to my advantage.

Its super important to protect the armour with ground troops, just like real life as they will use mortar strikes, C4 to blow up the armour.

Just sit back with the M1A1 and let her fly. Its a great way to provide arty support to when they arm the MCOM's, you'll get easy kills once you find the range and they go disarm.

The best thing to do is team up and just observe what I do, its hard to explain. But the MG gunner must support the main gun by looking out for snipers and engineers, spot them and take them out.

Defending with armour is equally fun. Stay out of direct attack and protect the lanes. I tried it last night for the first two stages of the MCOM's with great success. got many tank kills on their sides where the armour is weaker, one shot will take them out. If they turn to attack, it leaves their front open for an AT attack from stationary AT. Its basically a cross fire kill zone you're creating. They will send snipers up to the hill to mortar strike, so its important to cover those hills, or at least keep an eye on it. Engineers can also lace the area with mines to create a layered defence against all vehicles approaching.

Once again, its something you need to observe, hard to explain. Too many small details to explain.