PDA

View Full Version : Freaky game weirdness

unich
06-01-2010, 01:56 PM
I was playing Conquest last night and about the 4th round I was running down a road in Arica Harbor and I started to jolt as I was running and ended up in different places on the map from where I originated. Then I lost all game audio...I good hear my squad talking but totally silent everything else. I tried playing like that for a while but no audio sucks, especially when you are getting grenades thrown at you and have no idea one has landed 5 feet away!! Anyhow one of my squad members (sorry, forgot who you were MP) said that I had a glowing lightning bolt over my head.... :-? So I quit and tried to start over (5 times) and same thing..as soon as it loaded no audio. I ended up going to campaign and it actually did the same thing...as soon as it loaded I lost all sound!! Weird stuff man, played this morning and everything was fine..thank God. The same squad member who's name I can't remember also said that he had talked with some other players who experienced the same thing recently. Hopefully this won't be an ongoing issue because BBC2 is one game where sound is important. On a good note, had alot of fun with Lockwood, skrapps, bigdaddy and a couple others last night...good times man!! :cheers:

TrojanTeacher
06-01-2010, 01:59 PM
I usually don't play with audio. Don't want to wake up the kiddies. This has happened to me before, though. I just had to turn off my XBOX and restart. Restarting the game seems to just lead to the same issue.

CELockwood
06-01-2010, 02:09 PM
That was me unich, but it wasn't a lightning bolt, it was an ammo symbol right where your lightning bolt should have been and it was flashing. I've never seen it anywhere else.

TrojanTeacher
06-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Someone must have asked him to deliver ammo. The icon changes from lightning to Ammo.

CELockwood
06-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Does it flash? If so, does that just mean that I'm a moron and haven't been paying attention? 8-}

Borlaxx
06-01-2010, 02:52 PM
I can't speak for BC2, but I have had this happen to me in MW2 twice, and I know others have as well. It seems to happen when a grenade or claymore goes off. I will hear the explosion, then no audio at all. I have to restart the game for it to work again. I do not have to power down my system.

Sckrapps
06-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I was having trouble with my audio last night too, and couldn't figure out what was going on for the life of me. I just chalked it up to general lagginess, since I was also having lag problems (although I've never had audio problems with lag before). I'll keep an eye out to see if this happens again and report back any fixes.

TrojanTeacher
06-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Does it flash? If so, does that just mean that I'm a moron and haven't been paying attention? 8-}

Yes, it flashes. Same happens with Medics. If you see a medic and you need health, press SELECT/BACK on them and it will say, "NEED A MEDIC HERE" and their insignia starts to flash.

Edited to include PS players.

MrBlitzer72
06-01-2010, 04:40 PM
I'd like to think that everyone pushes the back button.. :-?

~Blitz

CELockwood
06-01-2010, 05:23 PM
That's funny. I know about the back button request, but I've never noticed the flashing icons. Probably too busy getting shot.

TheFreak75
06-02-2010, 11:49 AM
I used to get the audio problem at the beggining, it happened a couple of times and then it stopped doing it. Never had the problem again, what I did notice last night was the jumping from one place to the other. I think it could be the game lagging, who knows.

CELockwood
06-02-2010, 11:56 AM
I had the same problem (lag) last night. People popping from one place to another and myself retracing my own steps several times. I have a hard enough time killing people without them disappearing from under my knife!

bigdaddyj2468
06-02-2010, 12:00 PM
last thursday during the private match i froze for a second then i lost my audio. i had audio between rounds but when the next round loaded i lost audio again. :-?

TrojanTeacher
06-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Yeah, that's what happens. You lose in-match audio, but not from the menus.

MrBlitzer72
06-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Ive never had this problem happen yet, so im crossing my fingers...

~Blitz

Bongtoker A2
06-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Yea that jumping around is lag I was getting it last night. Run through a door and rubberband back through it felt like I was in a time warp. The spotting detection has seemed really bad lately. I hit the back button over and over and no red triangle I know they nerfed the spotting after the demo, but I think It worked fine during the demo. I see a new patch is coming to the ps3 today and to the 360 soon maybe it will help.

unich
06-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Last night I saw alot of people running in place!! It looked like they were on a invisible treadmill...lol. I also got booted out once. This went on for a good 45 min. or so. Also for a while it wouldn't let me crouch or stab :-? Good fun with Retro, Teach, and Profunderdog good job guys see ya in the warzone soon. Have I mentioned how tired I am today Teach??

Retro
06-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Last night I saw alot of people running in place!! It looked like they were on a invisible treadmill...lol. I also got booted out once. This went on for a good 45 min. or so. Also for a while it wouldn't let me crouch or stab :-? Good fun with Retro, Teach, and Profunderdog good job guys see ya in the warzone soon. Have I mentioned how tired I am today Teach??
Did you end up getting your 2 hours sleep? Or did you do the gamer thing and say the hell with sleep? (-|

TrojanTeacher
06-08-2010, 11:15 AM
He told me that he got 2 hrs and 36 min of sleep and that it was all my fault. LOL!!

The running in place thingy: If you see that, prepare to get kicked out of the game. Your connection is bad enough for the server to kick you.

unich
06-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Nope as Teach just said I got 2hrs. 36min. sleep all due to Teach. Is that what you do to your poor students? "You stay up with little or no sleep to study for this test"

TrojanTeacher
06-08-2010, 12:50 PM
I don't do that to them, they do it to themselves. I do it to myself, but I'm as lively as ever. I actually think I do better with less sleep. I don't know...maybe it seems that way because I'm tired. LOL!

unich
06-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Actually I feel good...4:50am 1 cup coffee 5:08am another cup coffee 5:35am 1 lo-carb Monster 6:45am 1 Ripit energy 8:30am another lo-carb Monster 9:43, 10:25, 12:15, 8oz. bottles of water. Present time: 5 hour energy!!!

Borlaxx
06-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Actually I feel good...4:50am 1 cup coffee 5:08am another cup coffee 5:35am 1 lo-carb Monster 6:45am 1 Ripit energy 8:30am another lo-carb Monster 9:43, 10:25, 12:15, 8oz. bottles of water. Present time: 5 hour energy!!!
One hour from now - craps his pants :-o

unich
06-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Luckily I haven't had that unfortunate experience.....YET!!!

TrojanTeacher
06-08-2010, 02:19 PM
One hour from now - craps his pants :-o

And then sends it in the mail to his nemesis.

Retro
06-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Nope as Teach just said I got 2hrs. 36min. sleep all due to Teach. Is that what you do to your poor students? "You stay up with little or no sleep to study for this test"
Well I've had about 35 minutes of sleep as the baby decided that sleep is for losers! By 10am we had watched the entire "Bourne" trilogy.

Retro
06-08-2010, 09:29 PM
No game weirdness, just stupid TV crap! The bulb on my TV died, no xbox!!!!! The parts centre better be open by 7am tomorrow or I'll have to just break in.

unich
06-09-2010, 07:28 AM
OMG!! Retro, you better get up early and go man!! OR..better yet I think now would be a good time to throw the "honey a HD T.V. would be a nice addition to our home" line.

CELockwood
06-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Had mic issues last night similar to those unich had a couple of nights ago but in reverse. I could hear everyone, but no one could hear me. Really annoying.

unich
06-09-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm hoping they added some sort of "patch" today to fix the lag issues along with the audio ect... This is such a great game but DICE needs to put it in to 2nd gear and resolve these annoyances. You would think they would want to build a rep. better than Infinity Wards. It's not like they don't have the resourses or coin

unich
06-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Furthermore, they better not charge us for "Onslaught"

Retro
06-09-2010, 09:23 AM
OMG!! Retro, you better get up early and go man!! OR..better yet I think now would be a good time to throw the "honey a HD T.V. would be a nice addition to our home" line.
Well it is an HD, but I think I have to wait until Christmas before I get my new LED!

unich
06-09-2010, 11:51 AM
I wish I had a HD, I just have a 1996 27 in. RCA .It does the job but I think I could see everything better with a good screen. It's on my "wish list" but i'm not gonna hold my breath. On a horrible side note about that.... Last year my wife said that we should get one and my dumb-ass said "What the hell we need that for? Weve been fine all these years with what we have" Did I mention that I was a dumb-ass?? L-) That was before I started "gaming "and had a Xbox however.

Retro
06-09-2010, 12:12 PM
I wish I had a HD, I just have a 1996 27 in. RCA .It does the job but I think I could see everything better with a good screen. It's on my "wish list" but i'm not gonna hold my breath. On a horrible side note about that.... Last year my wife said that we should get one and my dumb-ass said "What the hell we need that for? Weve been fine all these years with what we have" Did I mention that I was a dumb-ass?? L-) That was before I started "gaming "and had a Xbox however.
Well we are talking about a new TV for the home theatre, the current TV is a 44 inch. So I've been looking at 42 to 47 inch tv's. My wife turns and say's "why not get a 60?". My wife is awesome!

Sckrapps
06-09-2010, 02:36 PM
You are indeed a lucky man!

BrimstonePsycho
06-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Well we are talking about a new TV for the home theatre, the current TV is a 44 inch. So I've been looking at 42 to 47 inch tv's. My wife turns and say's "why not get a 60?". My wife is awesome!
oh no Retro, she had something in mind lol

unich
06-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Hey all. Just wanted to let everyone know that I wrote to two poeople from DICE regarding all of the issues with lag, spotting, rubberbanding ect... It took me a hour to be able to even get a post to go through (it was a UK forum that DICE reps actually write and look on!) Anyhow, I was very polite and professional seeing as how the majority of players that have been posting about this have just been going off. Hopefully they will take it seriously and get fixing the problems. I emphasized that they had alot of players quiting the game all together and very many upset and close to the point of forgeting the game. It took alot to refrain from complaining myself but I figured it would do no good. It is quite frustrating because you know darn well they have everything it takes to fix it L-) I guess it was worth a try.... I'm sure alot of other people have wrote them as well. Hopefully their still reading letters due to the thousands of hatemails they've recieved.

TrojanTeacher
06-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Which forum?

ustolemygmrtag
06-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Which forum?
This!!!!
Which forum????

unich
06-14-2010, 07:25 PM
It's a Battlefield UK forum...I'll give more info later (I can't find it right now and i'm tired and crabby) Will post tomorrow

unich
06-14-2010, 07:29 PM
I lied, here ya go guys..it's a EA UK forum http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-series/

unich
06-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Here better yet http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt ... e-lag.html (http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-ng/1131612-console-lag.html)

CELockwood
06-15-2010, 07:23 AM
On the lighter side, near the end of this thread there's a good post describing the lag that all of the M.Python fans will appreciate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr-Jq4GweQY