PDA

View Full Version : Epic Music Moment

dinsdale1978
06-01-2010, 02:46 PM
I haven't had many moments in a game where the music set the mood so perfectly as I did in this game. For those who haven't played the SP very much I won't ruin the moment completely but when you first enter Mexico a wonderful song, that is available on the Soundtrack, plays while you hit the dusty trail all alone in a land where you are nothing but another stranger. There was something about the visuals, mood of the piece, and the pacing of the game that just came together for me. I hope you all get to soak it in when the time comes.

This isn't gameplay footage but just the song. I am still putting in the spoiler for those that might want to save the moment.

[spoiler:3qr70ix3][yt:3qr70ix3]EM62huzAdew[/yt:3qr70ix3]

[yt:3qr70ix3]qGuYQ-VtfFY[/yt:3qr70ix3][/spoiler:3qr70ix3]

Retro
06-01-2010, 03:21 PM
One of the best moments of ANY game. It totally just draws you in and makes it feels like a movie.

Trez
06-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Is that [spoiler:gtajiit9]José González[/spoiler:gtajiit9]?

If so that Swede makes some beautiful music. I'm a big fan of his. Calexico would be a good pick for the RDR soundtrack also.

dinsdale1978
06-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Is that [spoiler:34o23qi7]José González[/spoiler:34o23qi7]?

If so that Swede makes some beautiful music. I'm a big fan of his. Calexico would be a good pick for the RDR soundtrack also.

That's him. If you got the limited edition of the game you can download the soundtrack from Rockstar for free. I have it on my iPhone just for that song alone.

Retro
06-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Almost at the end and there is another great music moment that comes up during the later stages.

Hollywood could learn from Rockstar.

Borlaxx
06-08-2010, 09:46 AM
I finally reached this moment this past weekend, and it was fantastic. Like people have said, it is like watching a scene from a movie. I really liked how the song was intentionally timed so that it would end right before you reached the save house, and as the music started to fade out the sound of your horse galloping faded back in just like a movie. Chills and goosebumps. They could really make a great movie out of this game, but it would be hard to top the voice acting.

SlapLaB
06-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Damn I need to make sure I have the sound switched on when this happens...

What happens just before that? the attack on Fort Mercer?

Borlaxx
06-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Damn I need to make sure I have the sound switched on when this happens...

What happens just before that? the attack on Fort Mercer?
[spoiler:2kdpvy51]Yes. After the attack on Fort Mercer there is one more (awesome) mission with Irish before this happens.[/spoiler:2kdpvy51]

SlapLaB
06-14-2010, 02:11 AM
I reached that point a few days ago (I got sidetracked by my stupid collector's obsession to get all the outfits...)

And the music did not trigger!!! :cuss: [-( :-w

dinsdale1978
06-14-2010, 03:11 PM
I reached that point a few days ago (I got sidetracked by my stupid collector's obsession to get all the outfits...)

Replay the mission and see if it does.

theczech99
06-14-2010, 06:27 PM

I did the same thing, later in the game. I saw an animal I needed to kill and skin, when I got of the horse to skin the animal the music stopped. I did replay from the last check point but the music did not replay. :(( I guess I can try to replay the whole mission to see if that works.

dinsdale1978
06-16-2010, 10:53 AM

I did the same thing, later in the game. I saw an animal I needed to kill and skin, when I got of the horse to skin the animal the music stopped. I did replay from the last check point but the music did not replay. :(( I guess I can try to replay the whole mission to see if that works.

The animals will still be there later, enjoy the ambiance. :cheers:

theczech99
01-14-2011, 10:54 AM
This is not really an Epic Music Moment but every time I hear the music in RDR I think this song is about to start playing.
[yt:14x7214j]3HNY0rx2fw4[/yt:14x7214j]