PDA

View Full Version : BC2 Global Stats

TrojanTeacher
06-02-2010, 11:01 AM
I love how they say that we don't use spotting enough. Maybe if they made it work, then it would always register.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Taken from Battlefield.com)

Taking a look at the Global Stats page on http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com you can learn a lot from how you play differently on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and which kits are preferred.
It seems players on both platforms have a tendency to side with Assault and making the least use of the spotting spec.

Here are some Global Stats from Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to show just how much you all have racked up since launch.

PlayStation 3
Total Bodycount: 1,398,249,600
Total Time Played in hours: 33,821,001
Total Dog Tags: 48,877,238
Total Resupplies: 103,791,348
Total Repairs: 59,556,406
Total Revives: 71,397,406
Total Spots: 20,473,549

Xbox 360
Total Bodycount: 1,937,940,576
Total Time Played in hours: 45,894,223
Total Dog Tags: 58,811,177
Total Resupplies: 146,294,744
Total Repairs: 101,453,514
Total Revives: 107,925,128
Total Spots: 25,470,598

TheFreak75
06-02-2010, 11:29 AM
XBOX IS KICKING BUTT!!!!!!
I'm not saying we are better or anything like that but........
WE ARE KICKING BUTT!!!!!!

Retro
06-02-2010, 12:08 PM
At least 6 times out of 10 when I try to spot, it doesn't work. Also I will spot then not get credit when the gets killed.

TrojanTeacher
06-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Yup, that's the issue with the stats. Spotting is spotty at best. Sometimes I have a group of four in front of me and when I spot only one gets spotted. Totally sucks.

0313Gunner
06-02-2010, 02:48 PM
What really frusterates me with the spotting is that sometimes I will be just slightly off target then the "no spamming" function kicks in. Then by that time they are back behind cover and I'm S.O.L.

I think that the "aiming" cone needs to be a bit larger and keep the spam delay. Beta was too easy to spot... Now it can be a real pain sometimes.

TrojanTeacher
06-02-2010, 02:56 PM
I've also noticed that sending ORDER and DEFEND commands are spotty as well.

MrBlitzer72
06-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Its shocking though, even though there are problems with spotting and the spam function, that there has only been that many spots as opposed to bodycount. I watched a interesting utube video last night, and the guy that was narrating it said he was getting ready to have to buy another controller because his back button was so worn out from spotting. To me...spotting is the most important part of the game. Ive seen it make or break matches. And alot of times when playing, people try to explain where the enemy is, when in reality, they could have spotted them. Good stats though teach...way to research! :-B <---Thats my Teach symbol...

~Blitz

CELockwood
06-03-2010, 08:18 AM

I've been having trouble with these. Lately it seems that even when there's not an active command, I can't set a order/defend. Is there something about this system I don't understand, or do you mean this has been acting like the spotting function and just not working?

oscarthegrouch71
06-03-2010, 11:11 AM
What really frusterates me with the spotting is that sometimes I will be just slightly off target then the "no spamming" function kicks in. Then by that time they are back behind cover and I'm S.O.L.

I think that the "aiming" cone needs to be a bit larger and keep the spam delay. Beta was too easy to spot... Now it can be a real pain sometimes.

How many times can you press the 'spot' button before the no spamming function kicks in? I find that more often than not when I try to spot somebody nothing happens (particularly when on the Bradley machine gun).

TrojanTeacher
06-03-2010, 11:34 AM

I've been having trouble with these. Lately it seems that even when there's not an active command, I can't set a order/defend. Is there something about this system I don't understand, or do you mean this has been acting like the spotting function and just not working?

Sending orders is just like spotting. It's just not working properly.

imported_BigDaddyPine
06-03-2010, 01:08 PM
How many times can you press the 'spot' button before the no spamming function kicks in? I find that more often than not when I try to spot somebody nothing happens (particularly when on the Bradley machine gun).
What is the spamming function? (i can imagine how/why it works) Does it give an indication that you are hitting the button too much? I have never seen any negative effects to 'mis-spotting' before,

TrojanTeacher
06-03-2010, 02:02 PM
If you keep pressing the BACK/SELECT button over and over it will limit you to how many people you can spot. I think it's 3-4 at a time and for every 30-45 second interval (unless the spotted get killed). If it allowed us to spam then EVERYONE would be spotted all the time. It's a cool restriction, but it would be nice if spotting worked.

MrBlitzer72
06-03-2010, 02:22 PM
As far as the attack/defend orders command goes, I've been keeping track...and it seems like the squad leader (or the one who makes the squad) has the powers to do this. If you notice sometimes during game play, I will say "hey, can one of you guys put attack/defend orders on a Mcomm?" And normally its only one of us who can do it. Just something ive noticed, and I dont know if there is any truth to it.

~Blitz

TrojanTeacher
06-03-2010, 02:26 PM
I've been able to do it when I join other squads as well. But it does make sense that the originator of the squad would be responsible for doing that. We gotta try that next time.

MrBlitzer72
06-03-2010, 02:34 PM
If memory serves me correctly, wasnt the squad leader in the other Battlefield games in control of commands? And then the commander was over the squad leaders? It kinda makes sense that DICE would keep that system rollin...

~Blitz

CELockwood
06-03-2010, 02:37 PM
If memory serves me correctly, wasnt the squad leader in the other Battlefield games in control of commands? And then the commander was over the squad leaders? It kinda makes sense that DICE would keep that system rollin...

~Blitz

I believe that's how it was in 2142, but I could've sworn I was able to do this sometimes in BC2 after joining an existing squad. Should be easy enough to test.

TrojanTeacher
06-03-2010, 02:49 PM

~Blitz

Yeah, that's the way it was in BF2. Chain of command rocks!

0313Gunner
06-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Now all we need is a squad leader com channel and we could have some mass orginization! Lol

TrojanTeacher
06-04-2010, 11:03 AM
That's the thing I miss the most from BF2. I loved the idea of the commander being in charge and also the squad communication would be cool. Maybe for BC3 or BF3.

CELockwood
06-04-2010, 01:25 PM
On a somewhat related note, I just read a post on the ea forum stating that when playing conquest, the wins count for the attacker while the losses get added to the defender statistics. I don't really see these stats reported in detail on the EA website, but if bfbc2.com treats them this way, this would certainly explain why everyone seems have such high attack and low defend w/l ratios, particularly if you play a lot of conquest.

Anyone thoughts?