PDA

View Full Version : Map Pack 3 June 9th

dinsdale1978
06-07-2010, 10:48 AM
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/06/07/battlefield-bad-company-2-vip-map-pack-3.aspx

On June 9th, VIP Map Pack 3 will be available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 bringing new modes to Nelson Bay and Laguna Alta.

Fight for control of the M3A3 Bradley and achieve supremacy against 3 other squads as Nelson Bay is enhanced with Squad Deathmatch mode.

Use all of your squad skills and tactics to secure M-COM stations as Laguna Alta is enhanced with Squad Rush mode.

The map pack is available with the VIP code which is included in every new copy of Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Players that do not have a code can purchase one via the in-game store.

[yt:1ezbrfjs]q-E06LXreqM[/yt:1ezbrfjs]

Borlaxx
06-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Do you all think they will ever do a real map pack and release new maps? It seems so far all they have been is opening up modes that have been available from the beginning on maps that have been in the game from the beginning. Seems to me (I could be wrong) that all these "Map Packs" were things that should have been available from day one and they are just unlocking them gradually to keep customers thinking they are getting new content when they really aren't.

bigdaddyj2468
06-07-2010, 11:27 AM
it would be nice to have some new maps.And where is onslaught mode?

Retro
06-07-2010, 12:21 PM
All this stuff is already on the disc!!!! Oh well at least they don't charge for content already on the disc like some other game ... I'm looking at you MW2!

But I really would like some new maps, something completely new and different. Getting a little bored with it.

ustolemygmrtag
06-07-2010, 12:37 PM
All this stuff is already on the disc!!!! Oh well at least they don't charge for content already on the disc like some other game ... I'm looking at you MW2!

But I really would like some new maps, something completely new and different. Getting a little bored with it.

I have to aggree with you on getting bored with it. :-w I love BDBC2, but the on disk content should have been released day 1. And they should have had other content released by now. 8-| Onslaught mode anyone??? :-\

I want to see some completely new maps, and game types.

But, I have to admit, EA and Dice are kicking IW's butt when it comes to DLC's. :-?

Borlaxx
06-07-2010, 01:02 PM
But, I have to admit, EA and Dice are kicking IW's butt when it comes to DLC's. :-?
Without starting a fanboy war, I would have to disagree with this statement. Yes, BC2 players have got everything so far for free, which is good, but really all you have got so far is stuff that is already on the disc being unlocked for other modes that are already on the disc and some new outfits. So, basically, there has been no DLC for BC2, just unlocked content. That would be like if MW2 map packs were maps that were already available to play in FFA were unlocked for TDM or visa versa.

On MW2, although the map packs are not free, they are actual new maps. I see Retro says that stuff was already on the disc, but I haven't seen anything to back that up. I know that when I downloaded the first map pack (only available for PS3 at the moment) I actually had to download a pretty big file, which I would think were the maps, versus on BC2 where you don't download a thing to unlock the "new" maps. Regardless of it they were on the disc or not, each map pack (now two) has 5 maps that were not available to play in the game otherwise. Yes, I realize two maps per pack are from MW1, but you couldn't play them in MW2 before, so they are new in a way.

When you add it all up so far MW2 has two map packs totaling 6 brand new maps and 4 new to the game MW1 maps for a total of 10 new maps. BC2 has zero new maps so far. Yes, I had to pay for the MW2 maps, but at least they are new content rather than just unlocking a map for a different mode.

Hopefully BC2 will have some actual DLC with new maps at some point, and hopefully they will keep it free, but I will not be surprised if EA and DICE start charging for "map packs" where there is actual new content rather than just unlocking stuff that should have been available on day one.

Bongtoker A2
06-07-2010, 01:57 PM

Hopefully BC2 will have some actual DLC with new maps at some point, and hopefully they will keep it free, but I will not be surprised if EA and DICE start charging for "map packs" where there is actual new content rather than just unlocking stuff that should have been available on day one.

I guess at this point to compare these two games is like comparing apple pie to cherry pie, both great classics but totally different tastes. It is just a persons personal preference as to which one they like the most. In the long run both of these games are out to get as much of our money as possible and as the battle between these two games rages on the gamer is the winner because as they try to top each other they keep putting out more and more content.

Now that being said I am happy to have DLC in any form. Remember the old days when you paid for a game and if it had bugs and glitches oh well, want new maps oh well, wait a year or two until we put out a new game.

Borlaxx
06-07-2010, 02:03 PM
I guess at this point to compare these two games is like comparing apple pie to cherry pie, both great classics but totally different tastes. It is just a persons personal preference as to which one they like the most.
Agreed. I was just speaking to the DLC available so far. I wasn't trying to say which game is "better" because they are so different, and let me tell you, coming from the wii side of gaming it is good to have options. W@W and MWR are both great FPS games on the wii, and there is something cool about actually aiming on the wii, but there isn't a whole lot of choices for FPS games on the Wii. I like the fact that on the PS3 and 360 there are games like MW2 for people like me who like fast paced FPS action and there are games like BC2 for people who don't, and if people don't like either they have other options. Besides, MW2 was out months before BC2, so there is still plenty of time for BC2 to get new maps.

Now that being said I am happy to have DLC in any form. Remember the old days when you paid for a game and if it had bugs and glitches oh well, want new maps oh well, wait a year or two until we put out a new game.
:-bd

soulja
06-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Thats true Bongtoker, but this also created lazy developers and greedy publishers such as EA. If a game is broken they can just patch it later Öthats if the community complains enough (thats the down side). I always viewed extra DLC as a bonus, I like the idea, just hope they donít start getting too greedy with it. You know EA thrives off of expansion packs. Sims, *cough, cough*

DB4
06-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Do you all think they will ever do a real map pack and release new maps? It seems so far all they have been is opening up modes that have been available from the beginning on maps that have been in the game from the beginning. Seems to me (I could be wrong) that all these "Map Packs" were things that should have been available from day one and they are just unlocking them gradually to keep customers thinking they are getting new content when they really aren't.

i couldn't agree with you more.

Psalm
06-07-2010, 02:40 PM
I would actually play BC2 again if they released some new maps...playing the same few maps got very boring to me. And I played the crap out of this game when it came out.

TrojanTeacher
06-07-2010, 02:47 PM
I think it just depends on the gamer. I'm still not bored of the maps and have been playing it for over 200 hrs. I think it just depends on who you play with. We have a pretty consistent set of players on the 360 that play all the time and we've grown to know each others behaviors. Playing in a squad with these guys makes the game even more fun as we know that even if we run brainlessly into the open, there is always someone covering our back (unless you're last, in which case...too bad. LOL!) New maps would be nice, and if they deal with this game like they did BF2, they should be coming out soon. If onslaught mode comes out soon, it will bring in a dimension to gaming in BC2 that will bring back memories from 1942: Desert Combat. I think the main component that makes BC2 more fun than MW2 for me is the squads. Without the squads, the two games would almost be identical.

MrBlitzer72
06-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Well said Teach, with the millions of different approaches to each map, it doesnt get old for me. And it still seems that every day I see something new, or come up with new tactics. The one thing that bothers me, is in the BC2 Store, its only showing new game modes for maps we already have. Onslaught, while a good idea, probably wont be as fun as us all getting together and playing against real people. Onslaught is AI generated right? And then the only things online about it is leaderboards? At least thats what i thought i read. While i do believe that it IS time for new maps...i have faith that DICE and EA will bring out something amazing in the new map packs. So i'll just continue to have fun with all the MP's, and try to stay ahead of Teach :-B in the process... :smug:

~Blitz

TrojanTeacher
06-07-2010, 04:31 PM
I have my fingers crossed for some ported BF2 maps.

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/624/624721/the-maps-of-battlefield-2-part-1-20050613043941802.jpg http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/625/625274/battlefield-2-20050614102506147.jpg http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/625/625274/battlefield-2-20050614102509459.jpg

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/625/625274/battlefield-2-20050614102505693.jpg http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/626/626449/battlefield-2-20050616051701277.jpg http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/626/626449/battlefield-2-20050616051700730.jpg

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/626/626449/battlefield-2-20050616051703339.jpg http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/627/627160/battlefield-2-20050618033715776.jpg http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/627/627160/battlefield-2-20050618033715276.jpg

Looking at those makes me salivate for BF2. THOSE were great maps.

Retro
06-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Not go fanboy, but I can't stop myself!

BC2 $54.99
MW2 $54.99 + $15 + $15

MW2 disappointed me like no game before. I was so excited for it, picked it up midnight at the launch. 4 hours later I beat the game and thought WTF?? MP started well in the first week and then all the glitchy cheats started. But I stayed with it. Then the map pack was announced, awesome! $15 for 3 maps? Sorry but 2 maps recycled from a 2 year old game do not count. If your going to recycle "classic" maps at least get them from a game that is not available on the current generation of consoles!

Sure BC2 has some glitchy stuff going on, but nowhere near MW2. Not even in the same league.

As much as I would like to see some new maps at least I don't feel the game is broken. Sadly for me at least MW2 was broken.

As for the maps being on the MW2 disc,
http://www.thetechgame.com/News/article/sid=543.html
The link is an article and video about a guy cracking the disc back be for pack 1 was released.

MrBlitzer72
06-07-2010, 04:42 PM
The thing that turned me from MW2 was playing one day...scrapyard comes up, and both teams just start launching nades from the spawn points. I got hit, died, never played again...even after 6 prestiges. I had to put it away. I did buy the stimulous pack because I had a friend who wanted to play with me, but I just walked through the maps on a private match, said "Eh Cool", and went back to BC2. Its all preference though. Just wanted to give an example of why i left. Treyarch is where its at for me!

~Blitz

Retro
06-07-2010, 04:52 PM
The thing that turned me from MW2 was playing one day...scrapyard comes up, and both teams just start launching nades from the spawn points. I got hit, died, never played again...even after 6 prestiges. I had to put it away. I did buy the stimulous pack because I had a friend who wanted to play with me, but I just walked through the maps on a private match, said "Eh Cool", and went back to BC2. Its all preference though. Just wanted to give an example of why i left. Treyarch is where its at for me!

~Blitz
Last June I sat on my couch watching the E3 coverage when they showed MW2. I had been waiting for the game so when they showed the footage I was making like Tom Cruise and jumping on my couch! I waited outside my local Microplay for 4 hours until the midnight release and I was the first one to get the game out of the 20 other idiots like me. Raced home like a kid at christmas. Four hours later I sat on the same couch as above starring at my TV thinking, "that's it?" Oh well MP will be awesome! And for a week or so it was with the exception of the airport map not coming up enough (loved that map). Then the glitching started to roll. The damn noob tubes. MW2 made me feel like Ralphie in a Christmas Story, except my red rider bb gun stopped shooting after 3 shots!

I'm hoping Treyarch can repair the damage, my fingers are crossed. That said I will be renting Black Ops first.

ustolemygmrtag
06-07-2010, 06:07 PM

~Blitz
Last June I sat on my couch watching the E3 coverage when they showed MW2. I had been waiting for the game so when they showed the footage I was making like Tom Cruise and jumping on my couch! I waited outside my local Microplay for 4 hours until the midnight release and I was the first one to get the game out of the 20 other idiots like me. Raced home like a kid at christmas. Four hours later I sat on the same couch as above starring at my TV thinking, "that's it?" Oh well MP will be awesome! And for a week or so it was with the exception of the airport map not coming up enough (loved that map). Then the glitching started to roll. The damn noob tubes. MW2 made me feel like Ralphie in a Christmas Story, except my red rider bb gun stopped shooting after 3 shots!

I'm hoping Treyarch can repair the damage, my fingers are crossed. That said I will be renting Black Ops first.

This. Exactly what happened to me. All the Noobs, Glitching, and the Private Prestige rooms just killed the game for me. I do admit, I am not a good FPS player. But, I do really enjoy them. If they are well ballanced. And MW2 isn't.

Do not get me wrong. If MW2 Didnt have half of the Perks, and was a little more well ballanced. I would still be playing it. I had allot of fun with it. That being said, it just goes to show how cheaters and idiots can ruin a good thing.

unich
06-09-2010, 07:17 AM
Map pack is ready!!! Downloaded it early this morning. First match on Nelson Bay 19-6 Yeeee hawww!!!! Now they need to permanately fix the lag issues that way I can stop crying and yelling during rounds :applause:

TheFreak75
06-09-2010, 08:16 AM
It's a great map t play SDM, right?
I did the same thing today early in the morning!

unich
06-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Awesome map for SDM, i'm lovin' it. I hope they release some actual "NEW" maps in the near future though....that would be real cool.

MrBlitzer72
06-09-2010, 11:06 AM
"Sigh", the new map modes are great, but did nothing for my excitement level.... :-s

~Blitz

Retro
06-09-2010, 12:13 PM
meh

TheFreak75
06-09-2010, 01:10 PM
meh

Retro, please do not sound that excited, lol.

Retro
06-09-2010, 03:02 PM
meh

Retro, please do not sound that excited, lol.
Just can't help myself!

I jumped on and tried Nelson Bay on SDM. I played two rounds and went 50 - 21 while collecting 11 dog tags. Perhaps I should be a little more excited!

My favourite moment came when I snuck up on a wookie. Just as I was about to go in and collect his tags, his 3 squad mates spawned on him. They didn't know what hit them as I added all 4 tags to my growing collection.

Never cared or tried to collect tags, but you guys have got me hooked in the last few weeks. I've gone from about 25 tags to over 100 in about a week and a half.

TrojanTeacher
06-10-2010, 02:43 PM
There's a new map pack! Damn, I'm gone for two days and there's new content!!

unich
06-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Good job on the Nelson Bay Retro..I did pretty good the first couple times but failed recently 12-15 14-14 and 10-14 #-o

Retro
06-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Good job on the Nelson Bay Retro..I did pretty good the first couple times but failed recently 12-15 14-14 and 10-14 #-o
My second attempt did not go so well. Back to reality I guess.