PDA

View Full Version : PS3:BF Skypers?

imported_BigDaddyPine
06-08-2010, 09:44 AM
We had a good game last night on the PS3 side, at one point we ended up with 5 MPs playing rush. I jumped out of the 4 man squad to join the odd man out. It would have been great if our 2 man squad could have coordinated with the other MP squad. Without exposing sensitive skype data to non-members I will ask... do any of you PS3:BFers have skype ability? (i do). if we could have a couple dudes connected via skype we could better coordinate if we end up with multiple sqads in a match.

I usually have my laptop setup next to me on the couch with Skype running. I use a keycombo to mute my mic so i could yell on skype w/o having to wear two headsets.

ellison81
06-14-2010, 09:44 AM
I will have to look into the skype thing. I never have done it. But I would be up for it.

Ty

imported_BigDaddyPine
06-14-2010, 10:08 AM
@ellison
Are you going to run it on a computer/laptop? or a smartphone?

If a laptop, just goto http://www.skype.com and sign up and download the application (all free). The software will suggest you use your full name for your Skype account, but i made mine to match my PSN ID.

rock on!

dinsdale1978
06-14-2010, 03:05 PM
I might be able to do this with a PC hooked up on my entertainment center. I guess I can run the audio wire to my headphones and split it, maybe. I normally play with headphones so as not to wake the little one. Hmm I will have to give this some thought.

imported_BigDaddyPine
06-14-2010, 03:20 PM
ah, interesting idea. be advised though that it may be a risky idea to passively combine outputs... IE: you can split a signal with a "Y" adapter, but combining 2 signals into one using a "Y" can be a bad thing. if you need to double up on headphone inputs, it may be an idea to wear 'earbuds' under your headphones, that way you can have two feeds coming in (yet still have them electronically separate). Although that sounds like a big mess. If you had a small 2 channel mixer that would /actively/ combine the two audio sources for your headphone mix, you would be golden. (Although that sounds like a lot of messing around just so you can hear the odd man out in a 5 man squad.

humm. PS3 needs a Skype daemon.

dustin
01-06-2011, 02:47 PM
I do have skype on my laptop...this is krisk6 i forgot i was under dustins profile

Borlaxx
01-06-2011, 03:05 PM
I do have skype on my laptop...this is krisk6 i forgot i was under dustins profile
Wait, huh?

krisk6
01-06-2011, 05:24 PM
lol i sat down at dustins computer to look around on the site and he was logged in when i posted that I have skype on my laptop...

jacknighttamer
01-21-2011, 03:47 PM
That's a good idea, I have skype, so does that me I can be a radio operator :-?

johnboy
01-22-2011, 02:15 PM
The skype thread is in the MP members only area. Here is the link. (http://teammp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=551)

sam007
02-24-2011, 01:31 AM
well a good suggestion is to designate an operator in each squad to rely intel. Preferably someone who does not use a headset to game.