PDA

View Full Version : Help! Game freezes on Storm...

STLRampage
06-09-2010, 12:38 PM
So for the last few days anytime storm pops up my game freezes on the loading screen that shows the inside of one of the building for Storm. I can hit the PS button to get to the menu but I can't back out or join other games. I have to quit MW2 and restart. Storm is the only level this is happening on. Everything else plays perfect. Is this happening to anyone else?

Borlaxx
06-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Haven't played much recently, but I believe I played that map sunday night without a problem.

STLRampage
06-09-2010, 01:24 PM
It's the wildest thing. If I'm in a party and Storm pops up I have to quit and restart but in friends list it says they are playing on storm.

Any suggestions? I payed $15 and can't play all the maps. :(

Borlaxx
06-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Maybe do a Google search for the problem you are having and see if others are having the same issue and how, and if, they solved it. That is how I have figured out solutions to all my gaming problems for the Wii and PS3. If that doesn't work I would suggest contacting the trouble shooting line for IW/Activision. There is probably a solution. Perhaps delete that downloaded info for the map pack from your HDD and then download and install it again?

STLRampage
06-09-2010, 03:30 PM
If I delete the map pack is it going to make me repurchase it?

Psalm
06-09-2010, 03:36 PM
I have never had this issue....I did have some serious issues with MW2 locking up awhile ago....I found the disk to be the problem. I would google the issue. Then try a different MW2 disk (Blockbuster rental or a friends). Or call Playstation.
I wouldn't suggest deleting anything until you have tried the other things I mentioned.

Borlaxx
06-09-2010, 04:06 PM
No. You can download it again. The PS Store will have a record of you already purchasing it. However, like Psalm said, this should be your last option.

RATA MUERTA
06-09-2010, 05:25 PM
I don't know how it works with PS3 but if you purchase something on the 360 it records that transaction so that you can delete it and re-download if you need to, perhaps they have something similar. But that is a strange problem, I haven't heard of it before.

STLRampage
06-09-2010, 11:37 PM
I haven't been able to find anything on google. I tried to do a private match to see if my freezing was due to playing online and if I try to get into Storm in a private match it still locks up.

I guess I'll try the Infinity Ward forums. (I'm thinking it has something to do with the download for the map packs.)

The wierd thing is I have been able to play storm previously. This just started a few days ago.

DB4
06-10-2010, 01:07 AM
Sounds like your game data is corrupted. If it is only the Storm map that freezes then I would think it may just be as simple as redownloading the DLC. Another option that you might consider is to wait it out until the Resurgence Pak comes out. Downloading the new DLC may overwrite what is currently hampering you, being that at that point you will be upgading your save file to a newer version. It is a longshot but it just may work and it may save you from having to lose any progress in the game that you have made.

STLRampage
06-10-2010, 09:07 PM
So if I delete and re-add the stimulus will it affect my rank??