PDA

View Full Version : Ribs!

MoreCowBell87
06-20-2010, 06:44 AM
Just got a new grill for for fathers day! Anyone got any good recipies for ribs? For the last few years I have been making them in the oven... It works but they are tougher than desired. The 3 or 4 recipies I found online say to cook for 6-8 hours WTF on a propane grill no thanks. :))

LandShark
06-20-2010, 08:57 AM
I cook em in the oven very low heat for 6-8 hours, then smokem on the grill for an hour. Low and slow is key. <y broinlaw uses alton browns method and they are damn good.

TrojanTeacher
06-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Yup, oven, then grill.

RC-1136
06-21-2010, 11:01 AM
This is my recipe.

Marinated 1 rack of Baby Back Ribs in 1 Bottle of BBQ Sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays) and 1 bottle of a Darker Beer. I usually use Sam Adams. To the marinade I usually add some more salt and pepper, honey, mustard, cinnamon. You can add anything you like.

Poor the ribs and marinade into a pan, cover and cook for 3-4 hours at around 200 F.

Then I finish them on the grill. I just let them get the grill marks on them and I baste them with more BBQ sauce. Baking them first lets you cook them ahead time and then just reheat them on the grill. This is what I do for big parties.

johnboy
06-21-2010, 11:11 AM
I quite fancy doing some ribs one day if the weather stays like this. The missus isn't keen on ribs but I love them. I need to buy another bbq to cook them on as my last one got pinched. :(

=T4NUKI=
06-22-2010, 11:27 AM
I usually dry-rub the suckers with my own special blend of spices....mostly cajun seasonings, crushed black pepper, coarse sea salt, cayenne...and my special ingredient... crushed dried lime zests. Let'em spend the night in the fridge with the rub....next day,on to the smoker ! I customized my old beaten-up BBQ to transmorm it into an awesome smoking device. I'll usually smoke them for about 4-5 hours at very-very-very low temperature with a mix of hickory and apple wood. Once this is done, it's on the grill with my infamous Tequila-boreale Rousse red beer (Unibroue's Maudite works as well) BBQ sauce...Ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar,caramelized onions and garlic...tequila and booze. Heat it to taste with tabasco or cayenne...enjoy !

THUNDERCAT
06-22-2010, 01:50 PM
IM HUNGRY! Ribs are my favorite!!!!!!!

johnboy
06-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Merge with 'What's for dinner' thread?

Kid_Bananas
10-15-2011, 01:05 PM
I usually dry-rub the suckers with my own special blend of spices....mostly cajun seasonings, crushed black pepper, coarse sea salt, cayenne...and my special ingredient... crushed dried lime zests. Let'em spend the night in the fridge with the rub....next day,on to the smoker ! I customized my old beaten-up BBQ to transmorm it into an awesome smoking device. I'll usually smoke them for about 4-5 hours at very-very-very low temperature with a mix of hickory and apple wood. Once this is done, it's on the grill with my infamous Tequila-boreale Rousse red beer (Unibroue's Maudite works as well) BBQ sauce...Ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar,caramelized onions and garlic...tequila and booze. Heat it to taste with tabasco or cayenne...enjoy !
Can i come over when you grill? Sound tasty.

DayliteMag
10-15-2011, 07:40 PM
I have a Weber propane grill. I put a dry rub on Baby Back Ribs at least one hour before they hit the grill, but over night is best. I pre-heat the grill to somewhere between 300 and 350F. I soak a couple handfuls of hickory chips for about one hour then make up a smoke pouch using tin foil. I put another two handfuls or so of dry hickory chips in with the wet. Punch holes in the foil pack.

Setup the grill for cooking. I turn off all of the burns except one. Place the smoke pouch over the direct flame and put the ribs off to the side where there is no heat. Close the lid and adjust the temp using just the one burner to keep it at 300-350F. The ribs will take about 3 hours. After two hours I will baste the ribs with a homemade, ketchup based bbq sauce. Wait a half hour and baste again.

HardlyCapable13
10-17-2011, 03:30 PM
A BBQ pitmaster told me once to ALWAYS spray ribs with apple juice every 15 minutes while smoking....so I took it one step further. I mix a little Jack D with the apple juice in my spray bottle.