PDA

View Full Version : game difficulty level preference?

imported_BigDaddyPine
06-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Hey Gang, when you played through BFBC2, (or career mode in FPS's in general) where do you like your difficulty setting? I am not sure where my skill set lies compared to other gamers. I guess I tend to be more of a tourist in some games.. enjoying levels, etc more than being brutally challenged.

When you played through BFBC2, where did you set your difficulty? hard? med? easy?
How many times do you die trying to get through a stick part of a game before getting frustrated?

DayliteMag
06-21-2010, 02:51 PM
I usually go for one level above "easy" in whatever game I am playing. I like to be challenged, but I don't want to take forever and get frustrated in the process.

Retro
06-21-2010, 03:25 PM
I always start on the hardest level, if it's too insane I drop to the next level.

BERZERKERTICK
06-21-2010, 03:57 PM
i usually start on easy to get a feel for the game, then work my way through the other difficulty modes just to keep it challenging.

ustolemygmrtag
06-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Most FPs, I start either on Normal or Hard. Never the top or lowest difficulties. Easy for me, is way too easy. :-B

My wife on the other hand, just wants to experience the storyline. So, she will only play on the easy difficulty. 8-}

SlapLaB
06-21-2010, 04:01 PM
I usually do medium, because I think that's how the developers mainly designed the game.

These days I rarely find it too easy/hard, especially with the checkpoint system of modern games...

I still remember those insanely hard games on the NES/SNES... (or maybe I actually improved?)

imported_BigDaddyPine
06-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Checkpoints are the best. I used to hate reading those "choose your own adventure" books, I used to mark pages as I would "choose" because I did not want to start over if I made the wrong choice. Lol.

Jackie R
06-21-2010, 05:19 PM
I'll usually play on medium by default and then drop it down to easy if I find myself getting frustrated.

I never again want to go through the Hell I did trying to finish Uncharted 2 on crushing. http://aerre.pair.com/tagadmin/tag_home/images/smilies/blowup.gif

soulja
06-22-2010, 09:41 AM
The hard mode in this game is really fun, plus it shapens up the skills.