PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Mapathy!

DB4
06-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Time for a poll...why not? vote for your least favorite COD Maps from MW1, MW2 and WAW!

You may choose up to 3 since we are covering three versions of COD.

Let the Mapathy Begin!

I chose Bog, Wet Work and Makin.

I think that Bog is the most imbalanced map ever made and is visual poop. Wet Work is lackluster visually and is just way too narrow. All of the glitching ruined just about ruined Makin and I am just not a big fan of the layout, the creek area just seems like wasted space, I think that Map would pretty much play the same without it.

DB4
06-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Since i don't have any experience with any of the previous releases of COD, the map i hate the most is Scrapyard!
absolutely despise that damn map, not sure what it is but i just get annihilated on that damn thing.

I actually almost put Scrapyard on the list. It only got bumped because I figured that Cliffside and Makin are so infamous that they have to be on the list. Their layouts really aren't that terrible but the glitching made them terrible maps. I also added Storm to the list because it has taken a lot of heat on YouTube and I thought it would be good to add a Stimulus map to the list, I personally like Storm. Salvage is another map I almost added because it seems to be very imbalanced, but oh well, can only put 10 and I want to make sure I had enough representatives from each game.

Borlaxx
06-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Only one of my least favorites is a choice, and that is Derail. My other two would be Wasteland and Estate. All three of them for the same reason. Every time I play these maps all the action centers around one location on the map EVERY DAMN TIME. On Derail everyone fights for the two story building in the middle, on Wasteland everyone fights for the bunker, and on Estate everyone fights for the mansion. Every match I have on these maps is extremely repetitive and I know exactly what is going to happen every time. Of the three, my lease favorite is Wasteland, because all people do is blindly launch n00b tubes into the bunker, and it gets very annoying. They could limit the size of all three of these maps to the areas I mentioned and it wouldn't change anything about how those matches play out. It is one thing when the action on a map centers around a particular area because of cover, view, etc., but all three of these maps have a single focal point and were very poorly designed IMO for just that reason.

I can't vote for the W@W maps because they are only broken in the Wii version and they are excellent on the other versions because they were patched.

I have no problem with Salvage. I tend to do very well on that map regardless of where the action is taking place.

Now, should I start a new poll, asking "Do You Think DB4 Started This Thread Just So He Could Use The Word 'Mapathy?'"

DB4
06-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Only one of my least favorites is a choice, and that is Derail. My other two would be Wasteland and Estate. All three of them for the same reason. Every time I play these maps all the action centers around one location on the map EVERY DAMN TIME. On Derail everyone fights for the two story building in the middle, on Wasteland everyone fights for the bunker, and on Estate everyone fights for the mansion. Every match I have on these maps is extremely repetitive and I know exactly what is going to happen every time. Of the three, my lease favorite is Wasteland, because all people do is blindly launch n00b tubes into the bunker, and it gets very annoying. They could limit the size of all three of these maps to the areas I mentioned and it wouldn't change anything about how those matches play out. It is one thing when the action on a map centers around a particular area because of cover, view, etc., but all three of these maps have a single focal point and were very poorly designed IMO for just that reason.

I can't vote for the W@W maps because they are only broken in the Wii version and they are excellent on the other versions because they were patched.

I have no problem with Salvage. I tend to do very well on that map regardless of where the action is taking place.

Now, should I start a new poll, asking "Do You Think DB4 Started This Thread Just So He Could Use The Word 'Mapathy?'"

Mapathy FTL!

just wanted to bring some more activity to the MW2 forum, even though its not necessarily MW2 specific. I really like IHP's "Poll of the Week" in the MWR section.

I do find that some maps are just better for certain types of game modes than others. For example, I really like SnD on Wasteland more than TDM. Salvage is a terrible map for Domination but not so bad for TDM... and so forth.

TonkaToys
06-30-2010, 03:20 AM
I've only played MW2 in any depth (borrowed MW1 from a mate but only for a short time), so can only comment on those maps... and my fantastic insight is that, I like them all! :hug:

The only map that I'll moan about when it comes up in the playlist is High Rise... dunno why as it is perfectly good. Guess I like the bigger maps?

DB4 is right, though; it depends what you are playing on each map.

Trez
06-30-2010, 08:35 AM
I had to go with Glitchside, er, Cliffside. Even if I wasn't bitter with how broken that map was on the Wii I'd still choose it. It never really suited my play style. Maybe if it had more cover like the HC versions.

Have to go with Shipment too. So many martyrdom, spam nade and spawn deaths! @-)

RC-1136
06-30-2010, 08:51 AM
I never played W@W so my three least favorite maps are Showdown, Bog in COD4 and Favela on MW2. There are too many levels and windows on favela. I can't go 2 feet without getting sniped.

RATA MUERTA
07-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Little late to the party, but I agree with DB4 Bog is visual poop and a horrible map. I also voted for Dome because I hated that map, and Derail because it is so big and I hate having to run around so much to find the fighting!!

johnboy
08-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Oooh, didn't realise that this existed. My least fav map is Shitment (Shipment for those that have the filter on) on Cod 4. It's the only call of duty I've played.
Should this not go in multi console since W@W and Modern Warfare have been on all consoles?