PDA

View Full Version : Blacklight: Tango Down

Retro
06-29-2010, 04:15 PM
New XBL game coming out in early July. Looks like a rather impressive FPS.

Here's a preview from IGN.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/108/1085162p1.html

Borlaxx
06-29-2010, 04:34 PM
That does sound pretty cool, and if it is only $15 bucks it will def be worth checking out.

I will be moving this thread to multi-console since it is also comeing to PS3 and PC.

Jackie R
06-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Hmm...might be a good gap filler until MOH and/or Black Ops comes out. http://aerre.pair.com/tagadmin/tag_home/images/smilies/good.gif

dinsdale1978
07-07-2010, 10:31 AM
I am liking this game. The creators seem to have passion about it and aren't trying to do too much.

$15 + customized weapons + plus xray googles = win.

Borlaxx
07-07-2010, 10:39 AM
I am liking this game. The creators seem to have passion about it and aren't trying to do too much.

Yup, I am debating whether I should get the new map pack for MW2 or this first, since they are about the same price.

dinsdale1978
07-07-2010, 11:55 AM

Yup, I am debating whether I should get the new map pack for MW2 or this first, since they are about the same price.

Well they haven't announced the release date for PSN so I am going to pick up the MW2 maps myself; that is, if my game comes today.

Borlaxx
07-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Yup, saw that it is coming out today for 360 but no set date for PS3. At least I can see what the 360 players think of it before dropping $15 on it.

dinsdale1978
07-07-2010, 12:33 PM
I caught a date of July 14th for PC so maybe PSN will be that same day.

Jackie R
07-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Any 360 users try it yet? What are your thoughts? http://aerre.pair.com/tagadmin/tag_home/images/smilies/this.gif

DayliteMag
07-08-2010, 10:29 AM
That does look pretty cool. I am still faced with the same-old-same-old problem that I can't really handle more than one game at a time. Still pretty committed to BFBC2.

bigdaddyj2468
07-08-2010, 11:37 AM
it looks pretty interesting. i saw a trailer for it yesterday might have to check it out. is anybody else interested?

DayliteMag
07-08-2010, 12:21 PM
it looks pretty interesting. i saw a trailer for it yesterday might have to check it out. is anybody else interested?

I just ordered the download off of XBL (it's only $15). I will download this evening and report back.

bigdaddyj2468
07-08-2010, 01:48 PM
my wife just downloaded it for me.Haven't tried it yet still at work. might give it a go tonight.

Jackie R
07-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks guys.

DayliteMag
07-08-2010, 02:20 PM
my wife just downloaded it for me.Haven't tried it yet still at work. might give it a go tonight.

Hey BigDJ, hopefully we are both on at the same time and then we can try the Co-Op mode. I think it is meant to be a training facility before jumping into the multi-player. I will keep an eye out for ya'.

Jackie R
07-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Q&A with the lead designer:

Q&A: Online Shooting On A Budget With Blacklight: Tango Down (http://www.giantbomb.com/news/qa-online-shooting-on-a-budget-with-blacklight-tango-down/2278/)

Some interesting stuff.

Jackie R
07-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Some initial impressions:

First Impressions of BlackLight: Tango Down (http://www.respawnaction.com/2010/07/first-impressions-of-blacklight-tango.html)

DayliteMag
07-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Don't rush to buy this game. Only played for about one hour, but so far I'm not impressed. Feels amateurish. The quality is VERY far below that of a BC2 or MW2. I'm not sure if I will play it enough to be able to give a solid review...which in and of itself says something, doesn't it?

Borlaxx
07-09-2010, 06:48 AM
Don't rush to buy this game. Only played for about one hour, but so far I'm not impressed. Feels amateurish. The quality is VERY far below that of a BC2 or MW2. I'm not sure if I will play it enough to be able to give a solid review...which in and of itself says something, doesn't it?
Hmm, may pass on this then. A couple things from that First Impressions article above gave me reason to pause, too (unrealistic weapon recoil, ADS doesn't actually aim down site, takes forever to get into a match).

Psalm
07-09-2010, 07:39 AM
soooo BTD = the conduit?...lol

RATA MUERTA
07-09-2010, 10:00 AM
soooo BTD = the conduit?...lol
Flush!!!!

Jackie R
07-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Hmm, may pass on this then. A couple things from that First Impressions article above gave me reason to pause, too (unrealistic weapon recoil, ADS doesn't actually aim down site, takes forever to get into a match).
Yeah...might not be as good as I had hoped. I read a couple of reviews and there seems to be an underlining theme that the game needed MUCH more polish (SMGs are overpowered, sniper rifles are underpowered, much too easy to get spawn camped, etc.). Anyway, thanks for the feedback Daylite. http://aerre.pair.com/tagadmin/tag_home/images/smilies/good.gif

Jackie R
07-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Mmm....IGN gave it a pretty good review:

Blacklight: Tango Down Review (http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/110/1104787p1.html)

Blacklight: Tango Down is a solid, if not particularly inspired, first-person shooter. You've played futuristic shooters before, right? What really sells it is the price tag. For $15 bucks you get seven adversarial modes, 12 maps, and four cooperative Black Ops missions. The game also looks great with a slick sci-fi aesthetic, and the constant reward system will keep you grinding to your next rank. If you fancy shooting people in your games, Blacklight: Tango Down will likely be a fun diversion from whatever AAA shooter you normally play.

Retro
07-09-2010, 02:22 PM
IGN's review is also based on it being a $15 game. That said I can go get a fully developed retail release that is older or used for that price or less. I still don't own WAW so maybe I should through my $15 bucks at that instead.

Borlaxx
07-09-2010, 02:31 PM
IGN's review is also based on it being a $15 game. That said I can go get a fully developed retail release that is older or used for that price or less. I still don't own WAW so maybe I should through my $15 bucks at that instead.
W@W is an excellent game on the PS3 (I actually like it better than MW2 but not many MPs playing it), so I would assume it would be the same on the 360. The one problem you may have is that unlike in MW2 where it has separate lobbies for people with map packs and those without, map pack maps come up in all lobbies, and if you don't have them you will get booted when the match starts. I believe to get all the map packs (which adds I believe 12 maps and 3 more nazi zombie maps) it is $30. Another plus is the entire single player game, which is fantastic, can be played online with a friend or local split screen. I would say it is worth it for the single player game alone, which I remember being longer than the one for MW2, and you can still play online with all the great default maps if you don't mind getting booted when map pack maps come up.

Retro
07-09-2010, 05:18 PM
W@W is an excellent game on the PS3 (I actually like it better than MW2 but not many MPs playing it), so I would assume it would be the same on the 360. The one problem you may have is that unlike in MW2 where it has separate lobbies for people with map packs and those without, map pack maps come up in all lobbies, and if you don't have them you will get booted when the match starts. I believe to get all the map packs (which adds I believe 12 maps and 3 more nazi zombie maps) it is $30. Another plus is the entire single player game, which is fantastic, can be played online with a friend or local split screen. I would say it is worth it for the single player game alone, which I remember being longer than the one for MW2, and you can still play online with all the great default maps if you don't mind getting booted when map pack maps come up.
I'd probably just get it for the single player. All my multiplayer time is taken up with BC2 and NCAA Football coming out on Tuesday.

Jackie R
07-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Looks like it has been delayed for the PS3:

Blacklight: Tango Down Delayed (http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/07/14/blacklight-tango-down-delayed/)

dinsdale1978
09-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Still waiting for the PS3 version but I may have won a prize in their Twitter contest. woot perhaps.

Jackie R
09-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Still waiting for the PS3 version but I may have won a prize in their Twitter contest. woot perhaps.
I did have some interest in this at first but now with MOH and Black Ops just around the corner, I don't even see myself giving it a look now. [-(

dinsdale1978
10-18-2010, 09:56 AM
http://epicbattleaxe.com/blacklight-tango-down-dated-for-psn/

Oct 26th on PSN. Ahhh and zombies RDR...

RATA MUERTA
10-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Is this the game where during the MP you can see all the other players through the buildings with special "vision"? I remember watching a video for this a few months ago and I think it was this game.

Hmmm.... Zombies on RDR might actually make me think about purchasing this game.....

Jackie R
10-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Is this the game where during the MP you can see all the other players through the buildings with special "vision"? I remember watching a video for this a few months ago and I think it was this game.
That's correct. Although, If I remember correctly, you can't fire your weapon while in this mode (makes sense).

Borlaxx
11-24-2010, 10:08 AM
Downloaded and played the demo of this game last night on the PS3. OMG it is horrible! The graphics look like PS2, or maybe even PS1, graphics. The frame rate is total garbage. The sounds are pathetic. The map I played made Nuketown in BO seem epic. When you aim your don't actually aim down the site, you just bring the gun up but still have to use the cross hairs. The hit detection is WAY off. The characters move like they have a stick up their ass. If you aim at a teammate this horrible large box with four X marks it in comes up which looks really tacky. When you throw your primary grenade it looks like a glowing lego block and it doesn't turn in the air at all, it stays perfectly upright. When you spawn in it does this digitized effect that is not cool, only obnoxious. When you are in a lobby the time until the next match starts over every time a new person enters the lobby. I really cannot find anything positive to say about the game. The demo gives you 20 mins of playtime, and I had enough after 10 minutes. Truly horrible game. 2/10, and only didn't give a 1/10 because it is so cheap at $15, which may be its only positive aspect.

Retro
11-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Truly horrible game. 2/10, and only didn't give a 1/10 because it is so cheap at $15, which may be its only positive aspect.

Give it a 1, you can always pick up solid games like Dead Space, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Bad Company and Ghost Recon for about $10 now.

Borlaxx
11-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Truly horrible game. 2/10, and only didn't give a 1/10 because it is so cheap at $15, which may be its only positive aspect.

Give it a 1, you can always pick up solid games like Dead Space, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Bad Company and Ghost Recon for about $10 now.
Good point.

I knew the game was bad from what others had said, but man, this is probably the worst FPS game I have ever played. Probably the worst online FPS game ever.

Tembis
11-24-2010, 02:22 PM
I watched a vid of it yesterday, and thought, it's a good thing it's only 15 bucks, because it looked like crap to me.