PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Plus

Pages : [1] 2 3

TonkaToys
06-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Anyone thinking of subscribing to Playstation Plus (http://uk.playstation.com/playstationplus/)?

Different stuff in EU from US.

Borlaxx
06-30-2010, 11:00 AM
If it looks like it is worth it, then yes. I know we do not need it to have access to online gaming which will remain free, but apparently it will get you access to beta testing on the PS3 as well as some free downloadable games. I will have to see what they offer first. I may get it if it will get me access to the Killzone 3 and Twisted Metal betas, or any other PS3 exclusive betas for games I am looking at getting down the line.

Jackie R
06-30-2010, 11:01 AM
I was considering it but I really hate the way they throw around the word 'selected'. Have one hour trial access to 'selected' games. Playable betas on 'selected' games. It's a bonus that you get QORE free but I'm already subscribed to that. I think I'll wait to see what PS Plus TRULY has to offer and what others who do subscribe think about it.

Psalm
06-30-2010, 11:19 AM
I agree...need to see what it offers. "selected demos" doesn't exactly have me pulling out my credit card. ;)

DB4
06-30-2010, 12:12 PM
http://us.playstation.com/playstation-plus/

hmm.... I don't know. I really want to see the side-by-side comparison to Xbox Live to get an idea of how much value it really is. If it is similar to Live than it should be a great value because I have not heard one person bitch about Live, but I still like the FREE version of PSN quite a bit.

c0bra
06-30-2010, 09:58 PM
If basic free service is enough to play online I don't think PS plus will appeal to me. Anyway theres's so many great games available to keep me busy for years! :cheers:

TonkaToys
07-01-2010, 04:18 AM
They keep saying you get £200 worth of value for a £39 subscription (approx. $300 for $60) but everything seems selective... also 1 hour of demo time... come on that is rubbish; it should be longer than that - it normally takes me longer than that to figure out the controls ;)

I don't have LBP and you get that as part of the subs in EU, but then I'm sure I could get that cheap off eBay or something.

And the games you get as part of the subs have to be downloaded in the month they are released... and can only be used whilst you've got a live subs.

Good on them for not making it compulsory if you want online gaming though!

Jackie R
07-06-2010, 08:18 AM
So...did anyone end up taking the plunge? Would like to know your thoughts. http://aerre.pair.com/tagadmin/tag_home/images/smilies/this.gif

DB4
07-10-2010, 11:22 AM
So...did anyone end up taking the plunge? Would like to know your thoughts. http://aerre.pair.com/tagadmin/tag_home/images/smilies/this.gif

The only person that I know that took the plunge is Seek_and_Strike. You can tell he subscribed, because there is a PSN+ logo next to his screen name on the XMB friends list.

DB4
12-15-2010, 03:50 AM
Now is a great time to try Plus... I did the 3-monther just in time for the holidays to see if I would like it. Available today is BETA access to to the MMORPG, DC Universe Online. Plus there are some other free games, like Crash Team Racing for example, that look worthwhile for the kids (or adults). Easy to get $17.99 worth of value right now.

Anyways, just thought I would pass this along to you guys. Peace.

dinsdale1978
02-09-2011, 11:53 AM
I think I stumbled into Plus at a great time. I just got Stacking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsrAIe2xWpU for free, which retails at $15 I think. I get early access to the Killzone demo, several other free games, trials for some a-list games, and some other cool features. I just wish they would put the money toward a renovation of the party system and chat options. Still very good purchase IMO.

DB4
02-10-2011, 12:49 AM
I think I stumbled into Plus at a great time. I just got Stacking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsrAIe2xWpU for free, which retails at $15 I think. I get early access to the Killzone demo, several other free games, trials for some a-list games, and some other cool features. I just wish they would put the money toward a renovation of the party system and chat options. Still very good purchase IMO.

What up, yo!

I noticed your response to jussumguy99 about possibly getting MAG used. GOOD NEWS... There is a FREE trial version of MAG for PS+ members. It is the full game with a level cap at level 8, and you can play it for as long as you want. Not just the 60 minutes that is advertised. You won't be able to unlock everything but you will still be able to get your MAG on and play with jusumguy if you want to.

It is listed as MAG (playable demo) *available exclusively to PS+ members.

I hop on it from time to time myself.

TrojanTeacher
02-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Wait...what?? Paying for online gaming and content? That's hogwash!!! You guys are crazy!!! :-" ;)

dinsdale1978
02-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Another reason to get Plus if you are an old school gamer:

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/02/16/genesis-classics-coming-to-psn-ps-plus-for-free/comment-page-1/#comment-126142

While Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection came out two years ago, Sega is going to be releasing some of their most popular games straight onto the PSN. While we already have Gunstar Heroes, who’s to say we don’t want more?

That’s right, Sega will be releasing six Genesis staples over the next six months. For five bucks each, you can be the owner of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage 2, Golden Axe 2, Comix Zone, Altered Beast. While the previously mentioned Ultimate Collection is the better deal (up to 48 games for what…$16 nowadays?), these games are easier to get if you just want a single deal.

But the bonus really comes for PlayStation Plus subscribers. Each of the six games will actually be free, AND available for one month ahead of the regular release date. Here’s the official schedule:
PlayStation Plus Releases (free)

* Sonic the Hedgehog – Available March 1 – April 5
* Sonic the Hedgehog 2 – Available April 5 – May 3
* Streets of Rage 2 – Available May 3 – May 31
* Golden Axe 2 – Available May 31 – July 5
* Comix Zone – Available July 5 – August 2
* Altered Beast – Available August 2 – August 30

Regular PlayStation Store Release ($4.99 each)

* Sonic the Hedgehog – March 29
* Sonic the Hedgehog 2 – April 19
* Streets of Rage 2 – May 17
* Golden Axe 2 – June 14
* Comix Zone – July 19
* Altered Beast – August 16

The main question on the PlayStation Blog right now are how the games are linked with an owner’s PlayStation Plus account. The term “free for a month” is rather ambiguous. After the first free month will games require the five dollar price? Or will they be like other free games, lasting only as long as the subscription is valid? When this information comes available, PlayStation LifeStyle will let you know!

So, $30 with this bundle, $15 for Stacking last month. Damn, I nearly paid for my subscription with these two announcements. Not to mention that I can play a bunch of games for an hour for free. No regrets.

Borlaxx
02-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Another reason to get Plus if you are an old school gamer:

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/02/16/genesis-classics-coming-to-psn-ps-plus-for-free/comment-page-1/#comment-126142

While Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection came out two years ago, Sega is going to be releasing some of their most popular games straight onto the PSN. While we already have Gunstar Heroes, who’s to say we don’t want more?

That’s right, Sega will be releasing six Genesis staples over the next six months. For five bucks each, you can be the owner of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage 2, Golden Axe 2, Comix Zone, Altered Beast. While the previously mentioned Ultimate Collection is the better deal (up to 48 games for what…$16 nowadays?), these games are easier to get if you just want a single deal.

But the bonus really comes for PlayStation Plus subscribers. Each of the six games will actually be free, AND available for one month ahead of the regular release date. Here’s the official schedule:
PlayStation Plus Releases (free)

* Sonic the Hedgehog – Available March 1 – April 5
* Sonic the Hedgehog 2 – Available April 5 – May 3
* Streets of Rage 2 – Available May 3 – May 31
* Golden Axe 2 – Available May 31 – July 5
* Comix Zone – Available July 5 – August 2
* Altered Beast – Available August 2 – August 30

Regular PlayStation Store Release ($4.99 each)

* Sonic the Hedgehog – March 29
* Sonic the Hedgehog 2 – April 19
* Streets of Rage 2 – May 17
* Golden Axe 2 – June 14
* Comix Zone – July 19
* Altered Beast – August 16

The main question on the PlayStation Blog right now are how the games are linked with an owner’s PlayStation Plus account. The term “free for a month” is rather ambiguous. After the first free month will games require the five dollar price? Or will they be like other free games, lasting only as long as the subscription is valid? When this information comes available, PlayStation LifeStyle will let you know!

So, $30 with this bundle, $15 for Stacking last month. Damn, I nearly paid for my subscription with these two announcements. Not to mention that I can play a bunch of games for an hour for free. No regrets.
I have the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection which has all these plus many more already. I will never trade that in. It has all the Genesis Sonic games (1 through 3, Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic Spin Ball, Sonic 3D), all three Streets of Rage games, all three Golden Axe games, Shining Force 1 and 2, Vector Man 1 and 2, and many, many more, including the ARCADE version of Shinobi and Space Harrier FTW!!!!!! Best value I have ever seen. Some of these classics will never die. Also, love how you can save your progress and back out of a game even if you couldn't save in the original version.

dinsdale1978
03-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Neat.

Hey everyone – We’ve got an exciting new feature coming exclusively to PlayStation Plus subscribers. Included in the system software update (v3.60) coming tomorrow to PS3, PlayStation Network’s new online storage for game saves feature gives PlayStation Plus subscribers the capability to back up game save data to the cloud. Online storage for game saves is a great way for PlayStation Plus subscribers to ensure that their data files are secure and also for users who wish to access their files from other PS3 systems.

PlayStation Plus Logo White

The new online storage feature allows gamers to store up to 150MB of game save data and a maximum of 1000 data files per PSN account. Users also have the ability to back-up “copy-prohibited save data,” and all previously saved data may be restored once per 24 hour period. When the new feature launches, most PS3 titles will be compatible with online storage for game saves, and moving forward, all new titles will have the capability to offer the storage option.

As I mentioned before, online storage for game saves functionality is included automatically for PlayStation Plus subscribers with system software update (v3.60), which will be available on March 10, 2011, and users can access their stored data on the XMB at any time. Additionally, users who save their files to the cloud can access their data on any PS3, using their PSN sign-in ID.

PlayStation Plus subscribers should turn on the auto-download feature to ensure that the update will begin downloading as soon as it’s available, so you can start backing up your game saves right away. If you aren’t already a PlayStation Plus subscriber, be sure to check out our bi-weekly post highlighting the free games, discounts and exciting exclusives we offer, in addition to the upcoming online storage for game saves feature.

Other minor features will also be added via system software update (v3.60). For more information please visit http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/ once the update is live.

Borlaxx
03-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Neat.

Hey everyone – We’ve got an exciting new feature coming exclusively to PlayStation Plus subscribers. Included in the system software update (v3.60) coming tomorrow to PS3, PlayStation Network’s new online storage for game saves feature gives PlayStation Plus subscribers the capability to back up game save data to the cloud. Online storage for game saves is a great way for PlayStation Plus subscribers to ensure that their data files are secure and also for users who wish to access their files from other PS3 systems.

PlayStation Plus Logo White

The new online storage feature allows gamers to store up to 150MB of game save data and a maximum of 1000 data files per PSN account. Users also have the ability to back-up “copy-prohibited save data,” and all previously saved data may be restored once per 24 hour period. When the new feature launches, most PS3 titles will be compatible with online storage for game saves, and moving forward, all new titles will have the capability to offer the storage option.

As I mentioned before, online storage for game saves functionality is included automatically for PlayStation Plus subscribers with system software update (v3.60), which will be available on March 10, 2011, and users can access their stored data on the XMB at any time. Additionally, users who save their files to the cloud can access their data on any PS3, using their PSN sign-in ID.

PlayStation Plus subscribers should turn on the auto-download feature to ensure that the update will begin downloading as soon as it’s available, so you can start backing up your game saves right away. If you aren’t already a PlayStation Plus subscriber, be sure to check out our bi-weekly post highlighting the free games, discounts and exciting exclusives we offer, in addition to the upcoming online storage for game saves feature.

Other minor features will also be added via system software update (v3.60). For more information please visit http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/ once the update is live.

That is pretty cool!

Bet the MPs who have had PS3 crashes would have loved to have this.

Jackie R
03-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Bet the MPs who have had PS3 crashes would have loved to have this.
Yep...would have saved a lot of frustration.

Thanks for the heads-up Dinsdale. :cheers:

Beano
03-09-2011, 05:22 PM
I was wondering, do I need playstation plus to get some of the trophies on kz3? There are a few trophies that have a symbol next to them.

dinsdale1978
03-09-2011, 05:44 PM
I think those are actually DLC trophies that got leaked early. BC2 had some like that after the SPEC kits came out.

Psalm
03-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Sell me on this....
I just am not seeing that many advantages?

dinsdale1978
03-10-2011, 07:12 AM
You get early access to demos and betas, free and discounted games, 60 minute full trials of major games, a subscription to QORE, and any other deals they think up in the future.

It's not an obvious choice but I have already taken advantage of things that I feel nearly make up for the cost, and I have only been a buyer for over a month.

Jackie R
03-10-2011, 08:15 AM
The only reason that I haven't picked it up is because I already have a subscription to core. When the latter is up, I will spring for the Plus service.

Psalm
03-10-2011, 08:51 AM
What is Qore?...i have seen it but have no idea?

dinsdale1978
03-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Qore is like a video journal for what is new on the PSN and about new releases. It's okay since it comes with the sub. Actually, the one thing I like is the scheduled download feature. You can pick a time say 3AM for your PS3 to come on and check for updates and download them overnight. I love seeing patches and updates already installed and ready to go when I log in.

Psalm
04-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Are any of you PS Plus members expecting a small refund of some sort for this outage?

dinsdale1978
04-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Are any of you PS Plus members expecting a small refund of some sort for this outage?

I will only expect a refund if they offer several months for free to non-subscribers. Because there is no "access" dependent on being a Plus member, I am not missing out on anything.

xMisFitToyx
04-29-2011, 12:52 PM

I would imaging ....Sony would just add length of time to their accounts....

Borlaxx
04-29-2011, 01:16 PM

I would imaging ....Sony would just add length of time to their accounts....
To go along with the dozens of pairs of sexy ugg boots they ordered without their knowledge.

TonkaToys
05-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Aren't they giving 30 days free to everyone (+30 days for existing subscribers) as an apology for the mess up with PSN?
What happens when that 30 days is up? Does all the stuff you've downloaded, stop working?

DB4
05-05-2011, 08:07 PM
My PS+ subscription expired in February and I haven't renewed it. I have downloaded a lot of stuff and I haven't noticed anything that I was not able to use after the subscription expired. Just to make sure I will jump on Stacking and Lead and Gold (they were Free) tonight and let you know if I see anything to the contrary.

DB4
05-06-2011, 01:07 AM
Well, I tried to fire up Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West, but got a message saying that it was expired and no longer available. :(
Shatter was another game that I had downloaded that also expired.
The PSone classics that I downloaded were expired.
The Minis that I downloaded were also expired.

I was able to play Stacking though. I was even able to download an update for it. However, it is not the full game. Was it the full game while I had PS+?? I honestly do not remember.

Looks like damn near all, games will NOT be available after the PS+ subscription expires. I do believe that it tells you in the game description in the PS Store if it will expire or not.

dinsdale1978
05-06-2011, 06:37 AM
I am wondering if some of those issues are because the store isn't up and running perfectly yet. From what I remember reading is that nearly all of your plus purchases remain yours even if you aren't a subscriber. I am going to be short a ton of games if I let my membership lapse...

xMisFitToyx
11-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition ... FREE this month, for Playstation Plus Subscribers

Black_Out_424
11-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition ... FREE this month, for Playstation Plus Subscribers

will download tonight!!

Mutt
11-06-2012, 08:28 PM

That's a sweet deal.

theczech99
12-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Finally signed up for PS plus this morn. I wanted to get Little Big Planet 2 for my girls and it was free for plus members. I don't know why I waited so long because the membership is worth $49.99. I also downloaded Bioshock 2 and Infamous 2. Guess I'll now have a reason to finish the first Bioshock.

Madlob75
12-22-2012, 06:26 PM
I've been thinking about upgrading to plus, but don't really know what it gives me. Do I get free games?

theczech99
12-22-2012, 07:08 PM
I've been thinking about upgrading to plus, but don't really know what it gives me. Do I get free games?
You get discounts on games, avatars, themes along with some free exclusives for plus members. This month they have LBP 2, Bioshock 2, iNfamous 2, Payday the heist and several others for free. They also now offer Vita games for free. I hope to get a Vita next month for my Bday so the free Vita games will come in handy.

In all it's well worth the average cost of $4.17 per month.

SouthtownSlayer
12-22-2012, 07:30 PM
You get discounts on games, avatars, themes along with some free exclusives for plus members. This month they have LBP 2, Bioshock 2, iNfamous 2, Payday the heist and several others for free. They also now offer Vita games for free. I hope to get a Vita next month for my Bday so the free Vita games will come in handy. Oh yeah, you also get free beta access sometimes if that's your thing.

In all it's well worth the average cost of $4.17 per month.

I have found it worth the price, also you get cloud storage that you can choose to either save game data to automatically or not. The free games are pretty nice too, just downloaded Bioshock 2 which I intend to finish before the new one is released. In my opinion, I think it is definitely worth the price!

Edit: I have 3 PS3 systems in the house so the cloud storage ensures that no matter which PS3 I use my game data is current. Very nice option!

Gink
12-23-2012, 09:03 PM
The automatic update feature is pretty nice too. Mine turns on at 3am, runs updates and shuts back off. It doesn't seem to auto run PSN updates that you have to "accept", but things like BF3 patches download and install in the middle of the night.

We're in our 2nd year of plus and I feel like we've gotten our money back from it with discounts and some free games I've ended up playing. Of course now I'm on the hunt for a dirt cheap copy of Bioshock 1 so I can start at the beginning...

theczech99
12-23-2012, 10:08 PM
The automatic update feature is pretty nice too. Mine turns on at 3am, runs updates and shuts back off. It doesn't seem to auto run PSN updates that you have to "accept", but things like BF3 patches download and install in the middle of the night.

We're in our 2nd year of plus and I feel like we've gotten our money back from it with discounts and some free games I've ended up playing. Of course now I'm on the hunt for a dirt cheap copy of Bioshock 1 so I can start at the beginning...

I set mine to update between 4-6 am and when I logged in today I saw it updated four items this morn! No more jumping on only to find I have to wait for an update before I can play.

Gink
12-24-2012, 12:09 PM
I set mine to update between 4-6 am and when I logged in today I saw it updated four items this morn! No more jumping on only to find I have to wait for an update before I can play.

Honestly I think this is a feature that should just be part of the PS3, not exclusive to plus members. There's not much worse than having a limited amount of time to play, just to start the game and get "a new version of this software has been found blah blah blah" and have to sit and watch download and install screens while your gaming time ticks away.

Gink
01-15-2013, 07:25 PM
PS+ can also sometimes totally frustrate you. I gave the wife a psn gift card for Xmas. She bought darksiders, so guess what game is free now?

Yeah, so of you haven't already bought and played darksiders, go get it!

theczech99
01-15-2013, 07:33 PM
PS+ can also sometimes totally frustrate you. I gave the wife a psn gift card for Xmas. She bought darksiders, so guess what game is free now?

I have it downloading now. I saw it when I was checking on the DLC for Far Cry 3.

xMisFitToyx
01-21-2013, 10:43 AM

I started playing Darksiders this weekend. If you are a fan of ZELDA .... You will absolutely love this game. Dungeons, Bosses w/Epic Boss Fights, Cool Weapons, Puzzles, Platforming ... the little sound when you unlock and open doors :tongue:

The graphics are far superior to any ZELDA game I've played ... but the overall feel is the same.

xMisFitToyx
01-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Gink .... I feel for you about you PS+ and their timing. I just purchased LittleBigPlanet Karting off of the PSN a few weeks ago. I have been thoroughly enjoying it. It goes on sale tomorrow for $19.99 (regular) or $10.00 for PS+ members. Me and my son have both been playing it and having a blast.

So anyone that wants to join me in some LittleBigPlanet Karting .... I'll see you on the track.

Black_Out_424
01-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Gink .... I feel for you about you PS+ and their timing. I just purchased LittleBigPlanet Karting off of the PSN a few weeks ago. I have been thoroughly enjoying it. It goes on sale tomorrow for $19.99 (regular) or $10.00 for PS+ members. Me and my son have both been playing it and having a blast.

So anyone that wants to join me in some LittleBigPlanet Karting .... I'll see you on the track.

I will be getting this when its $10 looking forward to it :)

Gink
01-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Hmmm yeah, might have to pick up LBP Kart at that price.

Darksiders is definitely worth playing. To me it's right in there with God of War and Soul Reaver series that were all about hack n' slash fighting, solving massive puzzles and always getting new weapons and powers to destroy enemies with. Good times!

theczech99
01-22-2013, 08:47 AM
I see on playfire.com a few have PayDay which is free for plus members. Anyone interested in getting a crew together for some co-op? I don't have it yet but can add it when I get home today.

xMisFitToyx
01-22-2013, 08:54 AM
I see on playfire.com a few have PayDay which is free for plus members. Anyone interested in getting a crew together for some co-op? I don't have it yet but can add it when I get home today.

I never played it online ... but, I will be happy to join other MP's for some online debauchery.

theczech99
01-22-2013, 09:23 AM
Some of the reviews I’ve read/seen say its best when you can diversify a crew. Have each member specialize in a specific skill to help out when playing on a harder difficulty level.

xMisFitToyx
01-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Some of the reviews I’ve read/seen say its best when you can diversify a crew. Have each member specialize in a specific skill to help out when playing on a harder difficulty level.

YES!! Everyone has a specific job to do.

The AI for this game (solo), are actually pretty good at doing their specific task. Plus, if you ever get downed ... they are always happy to come revive you.

Gink
01-22-2013, 11:01 AM
I downloaded payday a while back but haven't played it at all. Will have to check it out.

xMisFitToyx
01-22-2013, 11:30 AM
I downloaded payday a while back but haven't played it at all. Will have to check it out.

We have us a foursome .... Spike, Czech, Gink and Misfit. I say we line us up a play date. :-)

Gink
01-22-2013, 12:11 PM
We have us a foursome .... Spike, Czech, Gink and Misfit. I say we line us up a play date. :-)

For sure. I don't know anything about the game except that it involves robbing banks? So I'd better start getting familiar with it so I can be of some use to the crew.

theczech99
01-22-2013, 12:22 PM
For sure. I don't know anything about the game except that it involves robbing banks? So I'd better start getting familiar with it so I can be of some use to the crew.

I haven’t played either, we can just start out on an easy setting.

Beano
01-22-2013, 12:58 PM
I think badger has this also. He'll have to be the deaf/dumb bank robber as his mic doesn't ever seem to work.

theczech99
01-22-2013, 06:53 PM
PayDay the Heist is ready to go!

I thought the game was ready to but when I started it I had to update the game. The update is 3141MB WTF! Total BS

xMisFitToyx
01-22-2013, 08:05 PM

I thought the game was ready to but when I started it I had to update the game. The update is 3141MB WTF! Total BS

Ruh-Roh ..... I better go check.

theczech99
01-22-2013, 09:02 PM
Now the store is updated - added little BP karting, DS3 demo and Dust 514.

xMisFitToyx
01-23-2013, 08:39 AM

Ruh-Roh ..... I better go check.

"UPDATED" and ready to go .... I'll look for you guys tonight.

xMisFitToyx
01-23-2013, 11:07 AM
here is a link to the Payday the Heist thread http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/showthread.php?8257-Payday-The-Heist&p=287071#post287071

theczech99
01-23-2013, 12:20 PM
February is nearly here, so it’s time to have a look at what’s coming to PlayStation Plus (http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/).
To start, we’re excited to bring new release The Simpsons Arcade Game as a free offering for PlayStation Plus (http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/)subscribers! Releasing on February 7th, subscribers will be able to relive this classic title remastered in HD, complete with the online four-player cooperative play it’s famous for. To celebrate Valentine’s Day, Plus subscribers will have access to download a bonus PS3 (http://us.playstation.com/ps3/) full game – Far Cry 2 (http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/Info.aspx?pId=6562).
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7026/6792222533_68412dfb49_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/6792222533/)
You’re also going to want to check out the other free games coming throughout the month, including Square Enix (http://www.square-enix.com/na/)’s PS one classic Final Fantasy V (http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/games/final-fantasy-v-ps3-psp.html), two PlayStation minis, six additional PSN (http://blog.us.playstation.com/category/psn/) games, and the SEGA Genesis Bundle – timed with SEGA’s two-week release and sale on the Store (http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-store/index.htm) put back in Plus just in case anyone missed them.
In the discount department, PlayStation Plus subscribers will want to keep their eyes out for great sales on games like new release The House of the Dead III (30% Off) Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition (Bundle) (20% off), and Hamilton’s Great Adventure (50% off PSN sale price). There’s plenty more we couldn’t squeeze into this post, so keep your eye on the Store Update PlayStation.Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/) posts in February to keep up with Plus updates as they come.
Finally, next Tuesday we’ll release an early-access demo of The House of the Dead III exclusively for PlayStation Plus. Here’s a trailer of this PSN exclusive arcade shooter with HD graphics, Trophies and full PlayStation Move (http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-move/) support.
Some content and/or release dates outlined may change including the addition or removal of content. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, or continue the discussion on the PlayStation Community forums in theOfficial PlayStation Plus Update thread (http://community.us.playstation.com/message/36336033#36336033).
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7029/6792222349_e78cbc76eb_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/6792222349/)
Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Click here (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+PlayStation+Plus+12-Month+Subscription+Code/1416004.p?id=1218256568827&skuId=1416004&srccode=cii_6553221&cpncode=21-12606826&ref=psplus&loc=12) to purchase your subscription today!

PS3 Full Games:
Far Cry 2 – 2/14 (V-Day Special One Week Offer)

PSN Games:
The Simpsons Arcade Game – 2/7
Sega Genesis Bundle – 2/21
Altered Beast – 2/21
Comix Zone – 2/21
Golden Axe – 2/21
Sonic 1 – 2/21
Sonic 2 – 2/21
Streets of Rage 2 – 2/21
Battle Fantasia – 2/14
Fatal Inertia – 2/14
Hamsterball – 2/14
Inferno Pool – 2/7
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom – 2/14
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars – 2/14

minis:
Hungry Giraffe – 2/7
Gold Medalist – 2/7

PS one Classics:
Final Fantasy V – 2/7

Full Game Trials:
Grand Theft Auto IV – 2/14
Deus Ex: Human Revolution – 2/21
Tom Clancy’S H.A.W.X 2 -2/21
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 -2/28

Early Access Demo:
The House Of The Dead III Exclusive Playstation Plus Demo – 2/7

Media:
Qore Episode 44 – February – 2/7

The House of the Dead 3 Dynamic Theme
Start The Party 2 Dynamic Theme – 2/21
The House Of The Dead III – Agent G Avatar
The House Of The Dead III – Lisa Avatar
The House Of The Dead III – Z1 Avatar

PSN Games
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition (Bundle) – 2/14 (PS+ Price: $23.99)
The House of the Dead III – 30% off Crazy Taxi & SEGA Rally Arcade – Drive Me Crazy Bundle – 20% off – 2/21 (PS+ Price $9.59)
Sonic Rivals 1 – 25% off – 2/21 (PS+ Price $5.99)
Sonic Rivals 2 – 25% off – 2/21 (PS+ Price $5.99)
Sar – Search and Rescue Mini – 20% off – 2/21 (PS+ Price $TBD)
Hamilton’s Great Adventure – 50% off Sale Price – 2/21 (PS+ Price $2.50)

xMisFitToyx
01-23-2013, 12:42 PM
February is nearly here, so it’s time to have a look at what’s coming to PlayStation Plus (http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/).
To start, we’re excited to bring new release The Simpsons Arcade Game as a free offering for PlayStation Plus (http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/)subscribers! Releasing on February 7th, subscribers will be able to relive this classic title remastered in HD, complete with the online four-player cooperative play it’s famous for. To celebrate Valentine’s Day, Plus subscribers will have access to download a bonus PS3 (http://us.playstation.com/ps3/) full game – Far Cry 2 (http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/Info.aspx?pId=6562).
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7026/6792222533_68412dfb49_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/6792222533/)
You’re also going to want to check out the other free games coming throughout the month, including Square Enix (http://www.square-enix.com/na/)’s PS one classic Final Fantasy V (http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/games/final-fantasy-v-ps3-psp.html), two PlayStation minis, six additional PSN (http://blog.us.playstation.com/category/psn/) games, and the SEGA Genesis Bundle – timed with SEGA’s two-week release and sale on the Store (http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-store/index.htm) put back in Plus just in case anyone missed them.
In the discount department, PlayStation Plus subscribers will want to keep their eyes out for great sales on games like new release The House of the Dead III (30% Off) Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition (Bundle) (20% off), and Hamilton’s Great Adventure (50% off PSN sale price). There’s plenty more we couldn’t squeeze into this post, so keep your eye on the Store Update PlayStation.Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/) posts in February to keep up with Plus updates as they come.
Finally, next Tuesday we’ll release an early-access demo of The House of the Dead III exclusively for PlayStation Plus. Here’s a trailer of this PSN exclusive arcade shooter with HD graphics, Trophies and full PlayStation Move (http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-move/) support.
Some content and/or release dates outlined may change including the addition or removal of content. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, or continue the discussion on the PlayStation Community forums in theOfficial PlayStation Plus Update thread (http://community.us.playstation.com/message/36336033#36336033).
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7029/6792222349_e78cbc76eb_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/6792222349/)
Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Click here (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+PlayStation+Plus+12-Month+Subscription+Code/1416004.p?id=1218256568827&skuId=1416004&srccode=cii_6553221&cpncode=21-12606826&ref=psplus&loc=12) to purchase your subscription today!

PS3 Full Games:
Far Cry 2 – 2/14 (V-Day Special One Week Offer)

PSN Games:
The Simpsons Arcade Game – 2/7
Sega Genesis Bundle – 2/21
Altered Beast – 2/21
Comix Zone – 2/21
Golden Axe – 2/21
Sonic 1 – 2/21
Sonic 2 – 2/21
Streets of Rage 2 – 2/21
Battle Fantasia – 2/14
Fatal Inertia – 2/14
Hamsterball – 2/14
Inferno Pool – 2/7
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom – 2/14
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars – 2/14

minis:
Hungry Giraffe – 2/7
Gold Medalist – 2/7

PS one Classics:
Final Fantasy V – 2/7

Full Game Trials:
Grand Theft Auto IV – 2/14
Deus Ex: Human Revolution – 2/21
Tom Clancy’S H.A.W.X 2 -2/21
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 -2/28

Early Access Demo:
The House Of The Dead III Exclusive Playstation Plus Demo – 2/7

Media:
Qore Episode 44 – February – 2/7

The House of the Dead 3 Dynamic Theme
Start The Party 2 Dynamic Theme – 2/21
The House Of The Dead III – Agent G Avatar
The House Of The Dead III – Lisa Avatar
The House Of The Dead III – Z1 Avatar

PSN Games
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition (Bundle) – 2/14 (PS+ Price: $23.99)
The House of the Dead III – 30% off Crazy Taxi & SEGA Rally Arcade – Drive Me Crazy Bundle – 20% off – 2/21 (PS+ Price $9.59)
Sonic Rivals 1 – 25% off – 2/21 (PS+ Price $5.99)
Sonic Rivals 2 – 25% off – 2/21 (PS+ Price $5.99)
Sar – Search and Rescue Mini – 20% off – 2/21 (PS+ Price $TBD)
Hamilton’s Great Adventure – 50% off Sale Price – 2/21 (PS+ Price $2.50)

Better check the link on this .... US PS+ does not let you know what is going to be available until the week of the Update.

This is probably the EU schedule ... Europe gets their info a month in advance.

xMisFitToyx
01-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Better check the link on this .... US PS+ does not let you know what is going to be available until the week of the Update.

This is probably the EU schedule ... Europe gets their info a month in advance.

I will be damned .... I checked it out myself ... and this is the US PS+ offerings. It also has a new background.

Schweet!! ... Now we know a little in advance, what to be looking forward to. :-)

theczech99
01-23-2013, 01:11 PM
I will be damned .... I checked it out myself ... and this is the US PS+ offerings. It also has a new background.

Schweet!! ... Now we know a little in advance, what to be looking forward to. :-)

The US PS store really chaps my hide! EU has had an official iPhone app for years. Does the US side have one? HELL NO! When new DLC and updates hit the US PS store they happen like the EU side, first thing in the morning, right? ANOTHER BIG F’N NO! Why is there such a difference between the two? Business wise this doesn’t make much since at all. Maybe it’s because PS is bigger in Europe than in the US? All I know is the 7:30 PM CST store updates drive me nuts, especially when I see in the online store say “Dead Space 3 Demo now Live.” They need to add "*only in the EU store, coming later tonight in the US store."

xMisFitToyx
01-27-2013, 06:34 PM

I'm (again) thinking this has got to be the EU PS+ list. (1) they never tell us what we get, until the week of release. (2) all of these dates are Thursdays .... The day the EU store updates. Hmmmm

Gink
01-27-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm (again) thinking this has got to be the EU PS+ list. (1) they never tell us what we get, until the week of release. (2) all of these dates are Thursdays .... The day the EU store updates. Hmmmm

Most of the freebies on that list have already been freebies on for US + members as well in the last year or two. It sure would be nice if they would give us a list of what's coming though.

theczech99
01-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Those freaks in EU + will be getting Sleeping Dogs added in February. I've been wanting that game, guess I'll have to wait and see if it makes it to the US store soon too instead of buying it.

Gink
01-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Those freaks in EU + will be getting Sleeping Dogs added in February. I've been wanting that game, guess I'll have to wait and see if it makes it to the US store soon too instead of buying it.

I hope so, though it seems like most of our freebies are at least a year or two old before they give 'em away Sleeping Dogs has been on my "one of these days" list to get since it came out.

Mutt
01-30-2013, 03:04 AM
Here is a good read on Playstion Plus by Jim Sterling from Destructoid. Hopefuly the contenders take notice: http://www.destructoid.com/plus-points-sony-s-ps-plus-humiliates-the-game-industry-243470.phtml#XdvdiX4XcgRv4DZr.99

More importantly, in an industry where publishers are trying to take more money than ever for less content, Sony's the guiding light in how to draw a steady payday from users in a way that makes everybody happy.

You give Sony money, and Sony gives you stuff in return. It doesn't unlock stuff that was gated off, it doesn't provide what the competitor was already providing, it just gives you things. It's almost crazy to see that now, especially on consoles.

Edit: Although I think he can be a douche bag a lot of the times, he has some really good points in this post.

SouthtownSlayer
01-30-2013, 07:22 AM
The US PS store really chaps my hide! EU has had an official iPhone app for years. Does the US side have one? HELL NO! When new DLC and updates hit the US PS store they happen like the EU side, first thing in the morning, right? ANOTHER BIG F’N NO! Why is there such a difference between the two? Business wise this doesn’t make much since at all. Maybe it’s because PS is bigger in Europe than in the US? All I know is the 7:30 PM CST store updates drive me nuts, especially when I see in the online store say “Dead Space 3 Demo now Live.” They need to add "*only in the EU store, coming later tonight in the US store."

Don't the EU guys get their updates on a Wednesday? If that's the case, I think that would be why they get it early in the morning. Not really sure but I thought I read somewhere it was a Wednesday update for the EU guys. I am a bit curious as to why EU would get Sleeping Dogs and not the US, I was actually looking at getting that game but will wait until February to see what the store brings.

xMisFitToyx
01-30-2013, 08:48 AM
Here is a good read on Playstion Plus by Jim Sterling from Destructoid. Hopefuly the contenders take notice: http://www.destructoid.com/plus-points-sony-s-ps-plus-humiliates-the-game-industry-243470.phtml#XdvdiX4XcgRv4DZr.99

Great article .... Although I probably have 6 months left on my PS+ subscription ... I'm thinking about renewing soon, to take advantage of the
"Buy 1 year ... Get 3 months free" (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/28/playstation-plus-sign-up-for-a-1-year-membership-get-3-months-free/) offer that PS+ currently has.

xMisFitToyx
01-30-2013, 09:00 AM
Don't the EU guys get their updates on a Wednesday? If that's the case, I think that would be why they get it early in the morning. Not really sure but I thought I read somewhere it was a Wednesday update for the EU guys. I am a bit curious as to why EU would get Sleeping Dogs and not the US, I was actually looking at getting that game but will wait until February to see what the store brings.

I see you downloaded the Foosball game from PS+ .... If you want to try it vs a human player ... hit me up. :-)

theczech99
01-30-2013, 09:03 AM

All I know is that in the past when I've been waiting for new DLC to hit the PS store in the US when the guys from the EU store will already be playing it.

I've been watching used prices on Sleeping Dogs for Xbox and PS trying to see which one to go with. I may just wait it out to see if it comes to the PS store here for free or discounted. I have plenty of games to keep me busy so I don't know why I feel such a need to get it ASAP.

xMisFitToyx
02-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Playstation Plus 2/5 Update
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8324/8436923976_cbebdd69c2_z.jpg (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/04/playstation-plus-update-guardians-of-middle-earth-free-karateka-50-off/)

Gink
02-07-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm still a little bummed we didn't get Sleeping Dogs this week. Though I haven't given Guardians of Middle Earth a fair shot, haven't had that much interest in MOBAs. Might be fun with a handful of MPs, but can't see everyone putting down the games they've been playing for it.

I did notice the PSN store has some deals to celebrate Final Fantasy 25th anniversary, not exclusive to PS+, but downloadable versions of PS1 FF games for $5-$10. I'm tempted to pick up VII, IX, and Tactics but have to wonder if I'd ever get around to playing them again, or just want them for nostalgia's sake. I actually still own them on disk, but would have to dust of the PS2 and hope the games worked okay with it's PS1 compatibility mode... some did, some didn't. Still, some classic RPGs for pretty cheap!

xMisFitToyx
02-07-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm still a little bummed we didn't get Sleeping Dogs this week. Though I haven't given Guardians of Middle Earth a fair shot, haven't had that much interest in MOBAs. Might be fun with a handful of MPs, but can't see everyone putting down the games they've been playing for it.

I did notice the PSN store has some deals to celebrate Final Fantasy 25th anniversary, not exclusive to PS+, but downloadable versions of PS1 FF games for $5-$10. I'm tempted to pick up VII, IX, and Tactics but have to wonder if I'd ever get around to playing them again, or just want them for nostalgia's sake. I actually still own them on disk, but would have to dust of the PS2 and hope the games worked okay with it's PS1 compatibility mode... some did, some didn't. Still, some classic RPGs for pretty cheap!

I downloaded Guardians of Middle Earth ... I'll play it. But, it will be a fill in game (when I'm looking for a change of pace.)

theczech99
02-07-2013, 01:02 PM
I've been using the online store for purchasing all the games lately. I just process them through the cart so I'll always have the free games as an option to download when I get ready to play them.

Gink
02-07-2013, 03:47 PM
I've been using the online store for purchasing all the games lately. I just process them through the cart so I'll always have the free games as an option to download when I get ready to play them.

Yeah, even if I'm not that interested in something or am not sure when I'll play it, I always at least "purchase" the freebies so they'll be in my collection. No point in passing them up.

I still probably download more than I should. Less than a year since upgrading to a 320G drive and noticed the other day I'm down to 15G free space. Whoops, time to clean house.

xMisFitToyx
02-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Yeah, even if I'm not that interested in something or am not sure when I'll play it, I always at least "purchase" the freebies so they'll be in my collection. No point in passing them up.

I still probably download more than I should. Less than a year since upgrading to a 320G drive and noticed the other day I'm down to 15G free space. Whoops, time to clean house.

With my shiny new 500GB HDD ... I have about 285GB free space ... and I have re downloaded, just about everything I can download.

Gink
02-08-2013, 01:19 PM
With my shiny new 500GB HDD ... I have about 285GB free space ... and I have re downloaded, just about everything I can download.

*sigh*... hard disk envy

RC-1136
02-11-2013, 11:12 AM
When you set up for the automatic updates, does it automatically turn on your PS3 and download any updates whenever you set it,too. The problem with this is that my 5 y/o plays sometimes in the afternoon by himself. I don't want to automatically login to PSN everytime I turn on my system. I might turn it on if I know there is an update coming up.

xMisFitToyx
02-11-2013, 11:28 AM
When you set up for the automatic updates, does it automatically turn on your PS3 and download any updates whenever you set it,too. The problem with this is that my 5 y/o plays sometimes in the afternoon by himself. I don't want to automatically login to PSN everytime I turn on my system. I might turn it on if I know there is an update coming up.

Yes ... to have it do the "Automatic Updates" ... you have to have it set to automatically sign in, every time the PS3 is turned on. Any time my son plays ... he just logs out (of my profile) and logs into his.

RC-1136
02-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Yes ... to have it do the "Automatic Updates" ... you have to have it set to automatically sign in, every time the PS3 is turned on. Any time my son plays ... he just logs out (of my profile) and logs into his.

Does it turn your system on automatically to do the updates? My son is 5 and I don't want him to have to remember to sign out everytime. He can barely remember to wash his hands when he uses the John.

xMisFitToyx
02-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Does it turn your system on automatically to do the updates? My son is 5 and I don't want him to have to remember to sign out everytime. He can barely remember to wash his hands when he uses the John.

I'm assuming you turn your PS3 off when you are not playing it (mine is set for 2am to 4am). It will come on and shut off automatically at the time you select. If you are playing on it ... it will skip that day.

xMisFitToyx
02-11-2013, 01:37 PM
PlayStation Plus Update: Closure Joins the Instant Game Collection

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8250/8455749203_3d28d82b77_o.jpg (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/11/playstation-plus-update-closure-joins-the-instant-game-collection/)

xMisFitToyx
02-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Playstation Plus February 19th Update

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8239/8477655118_15d910db30_z.jpg (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/18/playstation-plus-update-vanquish-joins-instant-game-collection/)

theczech99
02-18-2013, 02:25 PM
I'll be getting PS3 and Vita trials towmorrow.

xMisFitToyx
02-18-2013, 03:00 PM
I'll be getting PS3 and Vita trials towmorrow.

I didn't read ... Are they a cross platform purchase (2 for 1)?

theczech99
02-18-2013, 04:48 PM
No they're not cross platform but I still want both.

RC-1136
02-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Vanquished is a pretty cool coverbased 3rd person shooter. I played the demo a while back and watched my buddy's play through of it on Youtube. I will probably get it once I finish Crysis 3 and Crysis 1 (Digital Copy comes with Crysis 3) which I am getting today.

xMisFitToyx
02-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Vanquished is a pretty cool coverbased 3rd person shooter. I played the demo a while back and watched my buddy's play through of it on Youtube. I will probably get it once I finish Crysis 3 and Crysis 1 (Digital Copy comes with Crysis 3) which I am getting today.

I watched a video on it yesterday (looks cool) ... looked like it was a multiplayer, but then I checked it out a little more ... and it has no multiplayer.

RC-1136
02-19-2013, 09:40 AM
I watched a video on it yesterday (looks cool) ... looked like it was a multiplayer, but then I checked it out a little more ... and it has no multiplayer.

No MP. That is OK though since we are getting the game for free.

theczech99
02-20-2013, 09:08 AM
Once the store finally updated last night I downloaded Urban Trials. The PS3 version is around 483MB and the Vita is around 150MB. The official review on IGN is not out yet but the guy doing the review said he was going to give it an 8 for great.

Also people are saying they received free credit early this morning from Sony for being loyal customers. Anyone here get some free money? I won't be able to check until I get home from work.

xMisFitToyx
02-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Once the store finally updated last night I downloaded Urban Trials. The PS3 version is around 483MB and the Vita is around 150MB. The official review on IGN is not out yet but the guy doing the review said he was going to give it an 8 for great.

Also people are saying they received free credit early this morning from Sony for being loyal customers. Anyone here get some free money? I won't be able to check until I get home from work.

Sometimes they run a deal ... whereas, you buy a certain amount through the Playstation store in a month ... and you get a credit the next month. I'll check when I get home.

I think the store finally updated around 11pm Eastern last night. Whats up with that?

xMisFitToyx
02-20-2013, 09:32 AM

Here is an article from IGN about this. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/20/playstation-is-giving-out-free-money

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/02/psnuse-610x408.jpg

RC-1136
02-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Shit. I logged on this morning, but didn't see a msg. My kid like the Trials demo on the XBOX. I have to tell him about the Vita version. We have some money left over from some PSN cards.

theczech99
02-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Shit. I logged on this morning, but didn't see a msg. My kid like the Trials demo on the XBOX. I have to tell him about the Vita version. We have some money left over from some PSN cards.

The Vita version is $7.99 for + members. It's almost the same as the PS3 version just without all the chaos going on in the background.

xMisFitToyx
02-21-2013, 08:46 AM
Here is an article from IGN about this. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/20/playstation-is-giving-out-free-money

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/02/psnuse-610x408.jpg

I guess I'm not loyal enough, or a big enough fan of the Playstation Network .... Because I didn't get any of their love. :(

xMisFitToyx
02-21-2013, 08:57 AM
I played a little bit of Vanquish and Closure last night.

I will definitely play Closure, because I love platformer/puzzle type games. I played through 9 stages of the first 24 and found it to be fairly challenging.

I will most likely play Vanquish as well ... (it will probably take me a year) ... It is a third person shooter that is kind of a mix between Resistance, Killzone and Crysis. Overall (on normal difficulty) the battles had good mechanics and were tough enough to make it exciting. It would be nice if this had a mulitiplayer portion to it.

xMisFitToyx
02-25-2013, 01:43 PM
PlayStation Plus: Plants vs. Zombies (Vita) Free for Members

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8510/8499014506_7af8696cc1_z.jpg (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/25/playstation-plus-plants-vs-zombies-free-for-members)

LINK: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/25/playstation-plus-plants-vs-zombies-free-for-members/

theczech99
02-25-2013, 01:58 PM
I hope the various discounts includes Little Big Planet for Vita. The guys at IGN say it's the best LBP game on any platform.

RC-1136
02-25-2013, 03:18 PM
I hope the various discounts includes Little Big Planet for Vita. The guys at IGN say it's the best LBP game on any platform.

It's not. ModNation Racers is, though.

FeelinKorny
02-26-2013, 07:48 AM
unless they fixed the massive stuttering and half assed online i was undr the impression modnation on the vita was a horrible game compared to the ps3 version. I could live with a half backed online but the frame rate was god awful.

theczech99
02-26-2013, 02:07 PM
I don't know why I bother checking the store anytime before 7:30 PM cst on Tuesdays!

theczech99
02-27-2013, 10:03 AM
I picked up Plants vs Zombies last night along with Journey. Right now would be a good time to pick up The Walking Dead for anyone interested in it. $13.99 for non members and $9.79 for + members.

Beano
02-27-2013, 12:05 PM
I think maybe I may start to play a few gay games.

xMisFitToyx
02-27-2013, 12:09 PM

OK ... Let us know how that works out for you. :tongue:

theczech99
02-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Yep, these gay games are a lot of fun especially when I’m playing them in my sexy underwear.

Gink
02-28-2013, 08:36 PM
I picked up Plants vs Zombies last night along with Journey. Right now would be a good time to pick up The Walking Dead for anyone interested in it. $13.99 for non members and $9.79 for + members.

Disappointed there weren't great freebies this week, but some decent discounts. Already had PvsZ as a plus freebie from last year sometime, but may pick up some other cheap stuff. I keep hearing about Journey but haven't watched trailers or played demos or anything. Good game?

theczech99
03-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Disappointed there weren't great freebies this week, but some decent discounts.
After listening to the Playstation blogcast this morning while stuck in traffic it sounds as if they will have a strong lineup for March. They didn’t give exact details but the guy in charge of posting the weekly + updates said March was going to be a good month.

xMisFitToyx
03-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Disappointed there weren't great freebies this week, but some decent discounts.

After listening to the Playstation blogcast this morning while stuck in traffic it sounds as if they will have a strong lineup for March. They didn’t give exact details but the guy in charge of posting the weekly + updates said March was going to be a good month.

I'm glad they don't have PS3 Freebies every week ... Hell, I don't have time to play the amount of stuff that they do give.

I don't see how you (czech) have enough time to get everything in. :tongue:

theczech99
03-01-2013, 10:35 AM

If I'm lucky I get 2, 3 hours tops a night for playing. That mainly comes from 9:30 to 11:30 cst when everyone is in bed. If I'm on any earlier it's because my wife and kids are doing something or gone. Some MPs play SP during the day and MP at night. I don't have this luxury so I have to pick and choose what I want to do each night. Lately I’ve been working on Sleeping Dogs on the 360 and Sly Cooper on the Vita. I’m trying to focus on all the SP games I need to finish before the PS4 is released which cuts out trophy whoring. The only game I plan to purchase in the next few months will be The Last of Us. I have a lot of games I’ve started but not finished to complete plus all the free games I’ve collected from being a plus member.

I’ll get some extra time this weekend due to my wife and kids going to a b-day party tonight. Then my wife will also be leaving Sunday evening for one last conference in Austin on Monday.

As for my time here and ready daily news and info, I spend an hour in the car each way going to and from work daily. Most of this time is spent reading news and info. I highlight a story I want to read on my phone then listen to through the Bluetooth in my car. I turn all articles into audio stories. I'm not sure if all smartphones will read any text but the iPhone does. Bluetooth technology is a beautiful thing!

RC-1136
03-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Yep, these gay games are a lot of fun especially when I’m playing them in my sexy underwear.

I heard you like to play the gay games in your wife's sexy underwear. That's what makes them gay.

Gink
03-03-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm glad they don't have PS3 Freebies every week ... Hell, I don't have time to play the amount of stuff that they do give.

That's a good point, I've still got a handful of purchased games I'm not making much progress on lately, so I shouldn't complain about not having a new free game every week. But ever since Europe got sleeping dogs I've been a little insistent that we get some good freebies to make up for it. Maybe we'll get it this month. Though finding out BF3 End Game is releasing Tuesday is pretty exciting and will probably take up most of my limited gaming time this month.

xMisFitToyx
03-04-2013, 07:20 AM
I went ahead and took advantage of the renewal for 1 year get 3 months free. I am now a PS+ member in good standing, until FEB of 2015. :biggrin:

BTW ... This offer expires tomorrow.

http://webassetsa.scea.com/pscomauth/groups/public/documents/webasset/bonus_3_month_img.jpg (http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus)

xMisFitToyx
03-04-2013, 01:40 PM
SWEET!!! .... I was going to buy Spec Ops: The Line!!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8250/8519643194_b043c9b47a_o.jpg (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/04/playstation-plus-march-update-spec-ops-the-line-free-for-members)

Here are more Items coming to Plus Members in March (FREEBIES)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8505/8520088188_4d33ba6457_o.jpg (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/04/playstation-plus-march-update-spec-ops-the-line-free-for-members)

Entering PS Plus in March (in no particular order)

Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita)

Joe Danger 2: The Movie (PS3)

Tekken 6 (PSP; Supported on PS Vita)

The Cave (PS3) Another one that interests me. :biggrin:

xMisFitToyx
03-06-2013, 08:32 AM
I downloaded Spec Ops: The Line, Last night, and I also downloaded a free DLC that says 2 player co-op mode. Hopefully it is on-line co-op. If anyone is interested in doing the co-op (I'll prolly play some of the SP first), let me know.

RC-1136
03-06-2013, 10:02 AM
That is awesome. I'm definitely going to get Spec Ops.

xMisFitToyx
03-07-2013, 10:24 AM
I downloaded Spec Ops: The Line, Last night, and I also downloaded a free DLC that says 2 player co-op mode. Hopefully it is on-line co-op. If anyone is interested in doing the co-op (I'll prolly play some of the SP first), let me know.

BTW ... This is a 3rd person shooter.

This game does have MP ... I played a round of Co-Op last night and it is pretty fun ... You basically have a mission to complete. I don't know how many missions there are, but the one I did ... you had 6 beacons to shut down.

theczech99
03-07-2013, 10:32 AM
BTW ... This is a 3rd person shooter.

This game does have MP ... I played a round of Co-Op last night and it is pretty fun ... You basically have a mission to complete. I don't know how many missions there are, but the one I did ... you had 6 beacons to shut down.
Before I left for work this morning I wanted to start the DL for Spec Ops but I forgot. I do have it on disk but I like having the games on the HD. I’ve added the free co-op DLC to my purchase history and will add it tonight if you want to play some co-op missions. I finished BO2 on the 360 last night and wouldn’t mind playing some Spec Ops before I continue on with anything else.

Gink
03-07-2013, 11:02 AM
I went to DL Spec Ops Tuesday after End Game and was informed I didn't have enough disk space left. :( Time to clean house.

theczech99
03-08-2013, 10:05 AM
I’ve been working on Vanquish the past few nights. It’s not the best shooter ever but something about the game play is a lot of fun. Not bad for a free plus member game. I’m half way through the acts and hope I can finish it before we head out of town on Sunday.

Gink
03-08-2013, 01:47 PM
I’ve been working on Vanquish the past few nights. It’s not the best shooter ever but something about the game play is a lot of fun. Not bad for a free plus member game. I’m half way through the acts and hope I can finish it before we head out of town on Sunday.

I played through the tutorial the other day, haven't had a chance to start the game but the tutorial was enough for me to want to give it some play time. The various suit abilities and mechanics seemed like it'd be a fun one to run through and shoot things up.

xMisFitToyx
03-11-2013, 08:45 AM

I have completed this game ... and, I am currently playing through a second time.

This is a very good game. There are 3 possible ending ... depending on the choices you make @ the end of the game.

Madlob75
03-11-2013, 09:00 AM
I've DL'd both Vanquished and Spec-Ops....so far both are enjoyable. Haven't progressed too far. How long are the single player campaigns?

xMisFitToyx
03-11-2013, 09:08 AM
I've DL'd both Vanquished and Spec-Ops....so far both are enjoyable. Haven't progressed too far. How long are the single player campaigns?

I haven't played Vanquish much yet ... But, I played through Spec Ops 1 1/2 times this past weekend. I have probably spent 8 or 9 hours playing time so far.

SouthtownSlayer
03-11-2013, 09:25 AM

The spec-ops storyline is pretty short but enjoyable and as for Vanquish, I downloaded it and maybe played to the first "boss" fight. Currently playing a lot of Tomb Raider and enjoying that so once done I'm gonna finish up getting the rest of the trophies for spec-ops and then maybe work towards finishing vanquish. I gotta say, this whole trophy thing is a pain in the but, I've come to the conclusion that my patience is horrible! I have like over 500 games played and 0 (that's right, zero) platinum's, I don't know how you guys do it!

RC-1136
03-11-2013, 12:12 PM
The spec-ops storyline is pretty short but enjoyable and as for Vanquish, I downloaded it and maybe played to the first "boss" fight. Currently playing a lot of Tomb Raider and enjoying that so once done I'm gonna finish up getting the rest of the trophies for spec-ops and then maybe work towards finishing vanquish. I gotta say, this whole trophy thing is a pain in the but, I've come to the conclusion that my patience is horrible! I have like over 500 games played and 0 (that's right, zero) platinum's, I don't know how you guys do it!

I have 4 platinums. 3 are lego games and 1 for PS Battleroyale.

xMisFitToyx
03-11-2013, 12:19 PM
I have 4 platinums. 3 are lego games and 1 for PS Battleroyale.

Lego Plats are a grind :frusty:

I was comparing my trophies with one of my friends last night. This friend of mine only needs one (easy) trophy on BC2 for the plat (Complete Blackout: Destroy 22 Satellite Uplinks). It would be this friends 1st Plat. How Awesome would that be?

xMisFitToyx
03-11-2013, 12:41 PM
March 12th PlayStation Plus Update

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8509/8540937526_5913f72f40_z.jpg (http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/)

UBISOFT SALE
http://blog.us.playstation.com/files/2013/03/UbisoftSale_MasterArt.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-7rke9LzLD2w/UT4c6SzMaqI/AAAAAAAAAUg/lcITx_OiKS4/s512/Ubisoft%2520Sale.jpg

theczech99
03-11-2013, 02:27 PM

Vanquish took me about 4 hours to finish and Spec Ops is probably around 8 to 10.

Gink
03-11-2013, 02:32 PM

I rarely have the patience to pursue plats. Pretty sure I've only got 4. God of War 1-3 which were pretty easy aside from requiring 2 playthroughs, and Assassin's Creed 2 which just took spending way too many hours on the game.

I get annoyed looking at trophy percentages I have though. Some of the games I've put the most time into... Skyrim, Battlefield, Borderlands 1/2, etc I only have around 60% and some games I've done 1 playthrough and only picked up 30% or so.

xMisFitToyx
03-11-2013, 02:50 PM
I rarely have the patience to pursue plats. Pretty sure I've only got 4. God of War 1-3 which were pretty easy aside from requiring 2 playthroughs, and Assassin's Creed 2 which just took spending way too many hours on the game.

I get annoyed looking at trophy percentages I have though. Some of the games I've put the most time into... Skyrim, Battlefield, Borderlands 1/2, etc I only have around 60% and some games I've done 1 playthrough and only picked up 30% or so.

I have just gotten the Plat Bug I guess .... But, the games I want to Plat, for the most part, are fairly challenging.

I have Plats on Uncharted 2 and 3 (I'm going to try to Plat UDF), Resistance 3, Killzone 3, Borderlands 1 & 2 (100% on Both), Need for Speed: Most Wanted and The Walking Dead (Easy, but a Nice Plat).

I just need 1 trophy to get Plats in Portal 2 and Little Big Planet Karting. And, I only need 3 trophies for the Plat in BC2.

I would love to Plat MW3 and BF3 ... All I need is a little Co-Op help with both. (That is why I'm considering a second PS3) MW3's Unstoppable is not easy while playing split screen.

One of my friends has 72 games and 72 plats .... he completes every game to 100% (even DLC) ... He has just finished the DLC for NFS: Most Wanted.

EDIT--- I just checked ... He now has 75 Plats. :wacko:

http://static.yourgamercards.net/images/platinum_l.png ... Doesn't it look nice.

xMisFitToyx
03-18-2013, 01:22 PM
March 19th Playstation Plus Update
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8093/8568428909_f089b394a7_z.jpg (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/18/playstation-plus-venture-into-the-cave-free-for-plus-members/)

Last Chance (Leaving on 3/26)
Instant Game Collection
Plants vs. Zombies (PS3) <------------ I thought this was for Vita .... Must Download tonight :tongue:
Discounts
Scott Pilgrim Ultimate Edition
Scott Pilgrim Online Multiplayer + Wallace Pack

Czech (or anyone else that gets this) ... You up for some co-op on "The Cave"?

Black_Out_424
03-18-2013, 01:40 PM
I would love to Plat MW3 and BF3 ... All I need is a little Co-Op help with both.
http://static.yourgamercards.net/images/platinum_l.png ... Doesn't it look nice.

Just let me know when you want to. If you see me online one night send me a note. Not the best at BF but totally willing for MW3!!!!

theczech99
03-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Czech (or anyone else that gets this) ... You up for some co-op on "The Cave"?

I'll play any co-op games with friends! I'll DL The Cave as soon as it available from the store. I'll have a lot of gaming time this weekend due the my wife and kids going to a Girl Scout sleepover this Friday and a Chamber Banquet my wife has to attend on Saturday. Looks like a pretty nice little gaming weekend in my future.

Black_Out_424
03-18-2013, 03:58 PM
I'll play any co-op games with friends!

I'll second Czech!

xMisFitToyx
03-26-2013, 08:40 AM
PlayStation Plus: Disgaea 3 Free on PS Vita for Members (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/25/playstation-plus-disgaea-3-free-on-ps-vita-for-members/)

More to add a little later.

Gink
03-26-2013, 10:01 AM
PlayStation Plus: Disgaea 3 Free on PS Vita for Members (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/25/playstation-plus-disgaea-3-free-on-ps-vita-for-members/)

More to add a little later.

Looks like mostly just discounts for ps3 games this week. That's alright, The Cave has been a hit with the whole family and we've hardly made a dent in it as far as I can tell. With the different stories and puzzles for different characters it should keep us busy a couple weeks.

xMisFitToyx
03-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Looks like mostly just discounts for ps3 games this week. That's alright, The Cave has been a hit with the whole family and we've hardly made a dent in it as far as I can tell. With the different stories and puzzles for different characters it should keep us busy a couple weeks.

I actually got stuck on the Hillbilly puzzle (Color Wheel) for a while. Thanks to Youtube, I was able to complete it. :tongue:

Gink
03-26-2013, 11:01 AM
I actually got stuck on the Hillbilly puzzle (Color Wheel) for a while. Thanks to Youtube, I was able to complete it. :tongue:

I think we have 3 different games started depending on which 2 or 3 of the 4 of us are playing. Our first game had the Hillbilly, but we haven't played past the carnival yet. Been further with our non-hillbilly games, but in all have gotten stuck for a bit at some point or the other. I like that the puzzles are often fairly challenging and often not immediately obvious, and while most require all players to work together, even the parts with just one player playing have enough going on for the other players to stay involved with suggesting things to try.

Before this it's seemed like the only thing the girls would play were Little Big Planet 1 and 2. Great games, but nice to have a break from them, and I feel like this game is actually improving the 7 year old's platforming skills more than LBP, as well as puzzle solving and critical thinking.

xMisFitToyx
03-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Before this it's seemed like the only thing the girls would play were Little Big Planet 1 and 2. Great games, but nice to have a break from them, and I feel like this game is actually improving the 7 year old's platforming skills more than LBP, as well as puzzle solving and critical thinking.

My son loves LBP & LBP2 .... The sophistication of the items and levels he makes is unbelievable. My father in law (an electrical engineer) has watched him play and "make" items. He says that the sophistication of the circuitry, switches, sensors etc .... and the way my son is using them to build things is on par with college level engineering lab curriculum.

Gink
03-26-2013, 12:42 PM
My son loves LBP & LBP2 .... The sophistication of the items and levels he makes is unbelievable. My father in law (an electrical engineer) has watched him play and "make" items. He says that the sophistication of the circuitry, switches, sensors etc .... and the way my son is using them to build things is on par with college level engineering lab curriculum.

That's awesome! I never really equated the two things. I had an electrical engineer uncle who took me under his wing when I was 10 or so and I've never forgotten the things he taught me, which have been useful in IT both with hardware and coding. I should really check out the "making" side of LBP and sit down with my daughter and help her explore that side. Her favorite subject is math, and I'd really like to encourage that interest in systems and how things work and go together. I do a lot of little DIY electronics projects, as well as constantly repairing the gadgets that break on the kids. She's always curious, but building switch systems in LBP seems like a much better method to learn than watching dad solder and mumble about ohm's law and circuit continuity, etc.

The girls' main interests in LBP seem to be stickers and costumes. I don't want to discourage her from those girly interests, but would like to try and foster interest in understanding how the things we take for granted as part of modern life work, and that building things is awesome!

xMisFitToyx
03-26-2013, 05:13 PM
March 26 Playstation Plus Update
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8382/8592297297_abd539605d_z.jpg (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/25/playstation-plus-disgaea-3-free-on-ps-vita-for-members/)

Gink
03-26-2013, 06:48 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8382/8592297297_abd539605d_z.jpg (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/25/playstation-plus-disgaea-3-free-on-ps-vita-for-members/)

I wish the THQ sale had a better price on Darksiders II! The plus price only brings it down to what you'd pay for it on disk in most stores these days. I could pick it up dirt cheap for PC right now, but would prefer PS3, but can't justify $30 on it with the backlog of unfinished games I've got going. Think I'll pick up Stacking for $3.75 though, I remember playing the demo a couple years ago and getting sucked in. A good puzzle game for all ages. Costume Quest was a PS+ freebie a year or so ago, my family still makes fun of me for how long I spent playing it. Sure, it's a kid game, but I thought it was fun!

Badgerute
03-27-2013, 08:20 AM
I wish the THQ sale had a better price on Darksiders II! The plus price only brings it down to what you'd pay for it on disk in most stores these days. I could pick it up dirt cheap for PC right now, but would prefer PS3, but can't justify $30 on it with the backlog of unfinished games I've got going. Think I'll pick up Stacking for $3.75 though, I remember playing the demo a couple years ago and getting sucked in. A good puzzle game for all ages. Costume Quest was a PS+ freebie a year or so ago, my family still makes fun of me for how long I spent playing it. Sure, it's a kid game, but I thought it was fun!

has anyone played darksiders II? I'm just finishing up darksiders (which was free for plus members) and I really liked the first 4/5ths of the game, but this last part with all the beams of light blows. It is puzzle after puzzle after puzzle. I liked the puzzles up until this point because you didn't do them in every room you walked in to. But this last part that is all you do, and it gets tiring. Still, decent game, but I'm curious as to DS II -- is it good? too many puzzles?

RC-1136
03-27-2013, 08:35 AM

I wonder if Homefront is part of the THQ super sale. lol

xMisFitToyx
03-27-2013, 08:40 AM
I wonder if Homefront is part of the THQ super sale. lol

Nope ... here are the titles offered.

Square-Enix Sale

Darksiders II
MX Vs ATV: Alive
Red Faction: Armageddon
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Costume Quest
Stacking
De Blob: 2
Red Faction: Battlegrounds
Darksiders II: Official Soundtrack

THQ Sales

Just Cause 2
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light

LINK: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/25/playstation-plus-disgaea-3-free-on-ps-vita-for-members/

theczech99
03-27-2013, 08:50 AM
Anyone that likes third person action shooter games should pick up Just Cause 2.

xMisFitToyx
03-27-2013, 08:55 AM
Anyone that likes third person action shooter games should pick up Just Cause 2.

I got it for FREE a few months back ... From PS+

It is one of my backlog games, I intend to finish one of these days.

Gink
03-27-2013, 11:12 AM
has anyone played darksiders II? I'm just finishing up darksiders (which was free for plus members) and I really liked the first 4/5ths of the game, but this last part with all the beams of light blows. It is puzzle after puzzle after puzzle. I liked the puzzles up until this point because you didn't do them in every room you walked in to. But this last part that is all you do, and it gets tiring. Still, decent game, but I'm curious as to DS II -- is it good? too many puzzles?

Pretty sure Southtown played II when it came out. I still haven't finished the first one. Picked it up right after xmas, a couple weeks before they gave it to us free :(, I enjoyed it, just got distracted by life and other games and haven't gotten back to it. I seem to be finishing 2/3 of a lot of games these days. Still, it was good enough that I intend to finish it and play II at some point. Could pick up I, II, and some Red Faction games all for $10 from humble this week, but would have to get some sort of controller set up with Steam, can't imagine mouse/keyboarding Darksiders.

SouthtownSlayer
03-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Pretty sure Southtown played II when it came out. I still haven't finished the first one. Picked it up right after xmas, a couple weeks before they gave it to us free :(, I enjoyed it, just got distracted by life and other games and haven't gotten back to it. I seem to be finishing 2/3 of a lot of games these days. Still, it was good enough that I intend to finish it and play II at some point. Could pick up I, II, and some Red Faction games all for $10 from humble this week, but would have to get some sort of controller set up with Steam, can't imagine mouse/keyboarding Darksiders.

I played it and got pretty far but as in every freaking game I play, I started it got somewhat far but not far enough to give you an accurate review on it. In a nutshell though, I did enjoy the game and will probably get back into to pretty soon (probably when I'm done with Army of Two: Devil's Cartel)

xMisFitToyx
03-27-2013, 07:26 PM

Best Buy has Darksiders II on sale right now for $14.99 ... The stores will price match their online sales.

LINK: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PlayStation-3-PS3/PlayStation-3-PS3-Video-Games/abcat0703002.c?id=abcat0703002&gf=y&cp=2

xMisFitToyx
04-02-2013, 07:22 AM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8090/8601456744_87f26b453b_z.jpg

APRIL 2, 2013 Playstation Plus Update

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8089/8600357423_6af397abd3_z.jpg

Jackie R
04-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Maybe just me but I have not been overly impressed with the North American updates in the last few months.

http://needanewlawn.ca/images/sadpup.jpg

Badgerute
04-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Maybe just me but I have not been overly impressed with the North American updates in the last few months.

http://needanewlawn.ca/images/sadpup.jpg

I liked Darksiders, really like Spec Ops, really like playing the cave and joe danger with my son, and am looking forward to demon's souls.

xMisFitToyx
04-02-2013, 11:20 AM
I liked Darksiders, really like Spec Ops, really like playing the cave and joe danger with my son, and am looking forward to demon's souls.

I loved Sped Ops .... Platinumed it!! :biggrin:

I like Darksiders too. My only problem with Darksiders is, I didn't level up or gets some abilities needed before going into one of the battles ... So, I am seriously under powered. I don't have an earlier save ... so I will have to start the game over, just to be able to proceed. (which I am planning on doing) :doh:

SouthtownSlayer
04-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Anyone have an idea when they plan on putting GoW: Ascension on PS Store? Lately, I've been buying the games via the store instead of having to spend over 100 bucks for 2 copies I only have to buy 1 copy so my son and I can both play the game on our PS3's!

Gink
04-03-2013, 09:14 PM

There's been enough good freebies that my 320GB hard drive overflowed and I had to choose older freebies I hadn't played yet to be able to download Demon Souls.

The Cave was an awesome freebie, first game in a long time to hold the interest of every age in the house. I'm way more stoked about Demon Souls than I should be, considering I've owned it for at least 2 years. I'm thinking I might actually play it now that I don't have to change disks to play it for a while. I mostly only played it during that dark time when psn was down for a month or so and I couldn't play bc2.

Jackie R
04-04-2013, 12:32 PM
True...Spec Ops is a great title.

I guess being in North America, I just feel that Europe gets the better deals. I really want Sleeping Dogs.

SouthtownSlayer
04-04-2013, 12:39 PM
True...Spec Ops is a great title.

I guess being in North America, I just feel that Europe gets the better deals. I really want Sleeping Dogs.

I go to the store and see Sleeping Dogs on the shelf for like 20 bucks and I keep telling myself to wait! Damn it how long though!! haha

theczech99
04-04-2013, 02:57 PM
I really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs. I bought it for the 360 in hopes that someday I'd get if free for the PS3. I've been adding on all the free DLC that's in the PSN store. Hopefully I'll get to use it sometime this year.

Gink
04-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Yeah, after paying $20 for Darksiders just weeks before we got it free I've been holding out on Sleeping Dogs, but it's been months since they handed it out to Europe, so I dunno what to expect now. The last 2 years it seemed like around June they dropped a bunch of premium titles for free. We'll see.

xMisFitToyx
04-08-2013, 04:16 PM
April 9th PlayStation Plus Update
PlayStation Plus: Labyrinth Legends Joins the Instant Game Collection

+ Posted by Morgan Haro // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Hot on the heels of Demon’s Souls last week, Labyrinth Legends will be free for PlayStation Plus members starting tomorrow. Read on for all the details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Mbh-ViD-4

Labyrinth Legends
PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members
http://blog.us.playstation.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/04/LabyrinthLegends_Title_MasterArt.jpg
Are you daring enough, crafty enough, powerful enough to become a legend? Brave the mysterious tunnels, mystical crypts and maniacal creatures of Labyrinth Legends. Explore hidden catacombs and ancient tombs of lost civilizations while evading concealed traps and solving an array of intuitive puzzles. A unique combination of crisp graphics and dazzling visuals, inviting exploration, tricky puzzles, and exciting monster-slashing arcade action makes Labyrinth Legends quite the thrilling game.

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection (PS3)
64% Discount for PS Plus members (Regular Price: $24.99; PSN Sale Price: $14.99; PS Plus Price: $8.99)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/04/HotShotsGolfOutofBoundsCC_banner-A_EN.jpg
Slip on the golf shoes, step out on the course and tee it up with Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds. Rip a 300 yard drive down the middle of the fairway or go pin hunting on those tricky par 3s. No mulligans needed as Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds is all about having fun and enjoying the most entertaining and over the top golfing experience imaginable. Step up and give it your best shot.

Zombie Driver HD
Various Discounts for PS Plus members
http://blog.us.playstation.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/04/ZombieDriverHD_Title_MasterArt.jpg
Fight through an epic narrative campaign, battle huge bosses, save survivors, drive crazy vehicles such as a bulldozer, fire truck or even a tank and smash everything in your way. The main Zombie Driver HD game is on sale, along with several add-ons that you can pick up individually with a discount.

Zombie Driver HD (Regular Price: $9.99; PSN Sale Price: $7.99; PS Plus Price: $5.99)
Zombie Driver HD + Soundtrack Bundle (Regular Price: $12.99; PSN Sale Price: $10.39; PS Plus Price: $7.79)
Zombie Driver HD Soundtrack (Regular Price: $4.99; PSN Sale Price: $3.99; PS Plus Price: $2.99)
Zombie Driver HD Apocalypse Pack (Regular Price: $2.99; PSN Sale Price: $2.39; PS Plus Price: $1.79)

Last Chance (Leaving on 4/16)
Instant Game Collection
Anomaly: Warzone Earth (PS3)
Discounts
The Walking Dead Season Pass (Eps 1 – 5)
The Walking Dead Episode 2
The Walking Dead Episode 3
The Walking Dead Episode 4
The Walking Dead Episode 5

LINK: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/08/playstation-plus-labyrinth-legends-joins-the-instant-game-collection/

xMisFitToyx
04-10-2013, 12:59 PM
SPRING FEVER – Borderlands & Borderlands 2 Sale

GREAT PS+ PRICING

If you have yet to explore Pandora (the beautiful co-op world of Borderlands) here’s your chance. As the franchise sale in this week’s Spring Fever 2013, you’ll find great deals across both Borderlands titles including a new bundle that includes Borderlands 1 and 2

Borderlands and Borderlands 2 Bundle (Regular Price: $59.98; PS Plus Price: $20.99) (Without DLC Content)

Borderlands 2 (Regular Price: $39.99; PS Plus Price: $19.99)
Borderlands (Regular Price: $19.99; PS Plus Price: $6.99)
Borderlands: The Secret Armory Of General Knoxx (Regular Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $3.49)
Borderlands: Zombie Island (Regular Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $3.49)
Borderlands: New Revolution (Regular Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $3.49)
Borderlands: The Underdome (Regular Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $3.49)

That makes BORDERLANDS 2 W/O DLC and BORDERLANDS With DLC Only $21.95 for PS+ Members .... WOW!!!

THESE PRICES ARE ONLY GOOD UNTIL THE STORE UPDATES ON APRIL 16, 2013

lore77
04-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up, couldn't resist that deal. Downloading now.

xMisFitToyx
04-12-2013, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the heads up, couldn't resist that deal. Downloading now.

I love Borderlands so much that I have 100% trophies on both. The Claptrap New Revolution and the Zombie DLC were my favorites The Underdome is a serious grind and you can get some awesome powerful weapons on General Knoxx's, to go after Crawmerax. :tongue:

Have Fun!!!

theczech99
04-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Has anyone received their credit that spent $50+ last month? I read a comment from a Sony admin in a blog that all credit would be handed out by 4/12. I have my eye on a few things and wanted to use the credit towards my purchase. I may have to just buy what I want and save the credit for Blood Dragon when it’s released 4/30.

@MisFit - I just got your message about Hitman this morn on my Vita. I'll send you a contract tonight when I get online. Last night I installed a hardtop lift in my garage for the Jeep then played some Tomb Raider on the 360 and never fired up the PS3.

xMisFitToyx
04-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Has anyone received their credit that spent $50+ last month? I read a comment from a Sony admin in a blog that all credit would be handed out by 4/12. I have my eye on a few things and wanted to use the credit towards my purchase. I may have to just buy what I want and save the credit for Blood Dragon when it’s released 4/30.

@MisFit - I just got your message about Hitman this morn on my Vita. I'll send you a contract tonight when I get online. Last night I installed a hardtop lift in my garage for the Jeep then played some Tomb Raider on the 360 and never fired up the PS3.

No prob ... THANKS!!

You will have about 4 or 5 trophies pop in about the 10 to 15 minutes it takes to do it. :tongue:

I didn't have any messages yesterday ... I have not checked today .... I'm thinking I spent a little over $100.00 during the promotion, since I took advantage of the PS+ buy 1 year get 3 months free .... all the "Walking Dead" episodes .... Assasains Creed II and a few other various games and DLC I bought.

Gink
04-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Is it just me, or was there nothing new on PS+ today? Delayed update maybe?

theczech99
04-17-2013, 07:39 AM
Is it just me, or was there nothing new on PS+ today? Delayed update maybe?

Found this in Sony's twitter feed.

@PlayStation: UPDATE: Today’s PS Store publish will be delayed due to ongoing PSN maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience - stay tuned for updates

xMisFitToyx
04-17-2013, 09:26 AM
PlayStation Plus April 16th, 2013 Update
Malicious Free for Members

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8256/8642578689_99b3a431e9_o.jpg (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/15/playstation-plus-malicious-free-for-members/)

LINK: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/15/playstation-plus-malicious-free-for-members/

Gink
04-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Cool. Thanks for the info!

SouthtownSlayer
04-17-2013, 11:03 AM
First it was sleeping dogs and now Hitman: Absolution for our EU brothers and sisters, why can't us NA'ers get some of this love!!
I wish they would just release the same games for everyone who is PS+

"Sony has announced the free goodies that will be available in May for European users of PlayStation Plus.

On the PS3 side of things, leading the charge is Hitman: Absolution (http://www.ign.com/games/hitman-absolution/ps3-14348845), which will be available from May 1 alongside psychological horror adventure Catherine (http://www.ign.com/games/catherine/ps3-83913) and the unique action title, Malicious (http://www.ign.com/games/malicious/ps3-77357).

If you're a Vita player, you'll be able to try out shoot 'em up Sine Mora (http://www.ign.com/games/sine-mora/ps3-83945) from May 8, or space shooter Velocity Ultra (http://www.ign.com/games/velocity-ultra/vita-154532) HD from May 15."

Link to the article (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/17/hitman-absolution-leads-mays-playstation-plus-line-up)

xMisFitToyx
04-17-2013, 11:16 AM
First it was sleeping dogs and now Hitman: Absolution for our EU brothers and sisters, why can't us NA'ers get some of this love!!

"Sony has announced the free goodies that will be available in May for European users of PlayStation Plus.

On the PS3 side of things, leading the charge is Hitman: Absolution (http://www.ign.com/games/hitman-absolution/ps3-14348845), which will be available from May 1 alongside psychological horror adventure Catherine (http://www.ign.com/games/catherine/ps3-83913) and the unique action title, Malicious (http://www.ign.com/games/malicious/ps3-77357).

If you're a Vita player, you'll be able to try out shoot 'em up Sine Mora (http://www.ign.com/games/sine-mora/ps3-83945) from May 8, or space shooter Velocity Ultra (http://www.ign.com/games/velocity-ultra/vita-154532) HD from May 15."

Link to the article (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/17/hitman-absolution-leads-mays-playstation-plus-line-up)

How was Army of Two? ... I saw you got the Plat :biggrin: NICE!! ... AND it's your 1st Plat. Congrats!!

I played the demo and liked it.

What is funny is, The EU guys on Playfire are always complaining about the same thing in reverse. :lol (2):

Plus ... I wouldn't think it too cool ... because I just bought Hitman: Absolution :tongue:

SouthtownSlayer
04-17-2013, 11:33 AM
How was Army of Two? ... I saw you got the Plat :biggrin: NICE!! ... AND it's your 1st Plat. Congrats!!

I played the demo and liked it.

What is funny is, The EU guys on Playfire are always complaining about the same thing in reverse. :lol (2):

Plus ... I wouldn't think it too cool ... because I just bought Hitman: Absolution :tongue:

It was a fun game but got old, definitely wait for this to drop in the discount bin. The trophies are really easy to attain and finally got my first Platinum!!! Thanks bro!
I've noticed a couple of you guys playing Hitman: Absolution and that would definitely suck after paying for it.

xMisFitToyx
04-17-2013, 12:14 PM
It was a fun game but got old, definitely wait for this to drop in the discount bin. The trophies are really easy to attain and finally got my first Platinum!!! Thanks bro!
I've noticed a couple of you guys playing Hitman: Absolution and that would definitely suck after paying for it.

There is no trophy for this ... But , I have been replaying levels multiple times ... just to try the different ways of off'ing the target. The game designers were pretty creative in some of the ways/opportunities they designed into the game to kill people. :tongue:

Jackie R
04-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Exactly how I feel. I think I'll move to Europe. Being Canadian, I'm practically a British citizen.
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbSFCEkcIvP0QIh23Y9_gpK7LGqOb9M hO19PshPZIBHH21dmfX

TonkaToys
04-18-2013, 09:21 AM
You'd be welcomed with open arms mate... although we would all think you were American!

Jackie R
04-18-2013, 12:03 PM
You'd be welcomed with open arms mate... although we would all think you were American!
I'll be sure to bring a puck and a stick eh?

http://www.canadaka.net/modules/My_eGallery/gallery/canadian_clipart/l_bd0df4557313c8.jpg

xMisFitToyx
04-23-2013, 10:34 AM
PlayStation Plus April 23rd Update:
Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny (PSP & PSVita) Free for Members

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8253/8662684533_31f0c22c56_z.jpg (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/22/playstation-plus-soul-calibur-broken-destiny-free-for-members/)

LINK: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/22/playstation-plus-soul-calibur-broken-destiny-free-for-members/

SouthtownSlayer
04-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Meh! Nothing to exciting this Tuesday! I must say though, still a great program and very beneficial!

Gink
04-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Meh! Nothing to exciting this Tuesday! I must say though, still a great program and very beneficial!

Yeah, think that's the weakest offerings I've seen from them so far, but no biggy considering how much stuff we get for $50 a year.

xMisFitToyx
04-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Yeah, think that's the weakest offerings I've seen from them so far, but no biggy considering how much stuff we get for $50 a year.

I am looking forward to next weeks Zombie Tycoon game. Looks Interesting :biggrin:

theczech99
04-25-2013, 04:27 PM
I was wondering why my trophies didn't update this morn. Found out why when I turned in the ps3, new software update.

xMisFitToyx
04-25-2013, 04:38 PM
I was wondering why my trophies didn't update this morn. Found out why when I turned in the ps3, new software update.

A new one ... Mine just had an update a couple of weeks ago.

theczech99
04-26-2013, 06:16 AM
A new one ... Mine just had an update a couple of weeks ago.

I think this one has to do with Sony saying we would be able to buy games online then have them DL to the PS3 while away. They said it would happen in May.

xMisFitToyx
04-29-2013, 12:01 PM
PlayStation Plus April 30, 2013 Update:
Zombie Tycoon II Free for Members

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8400/8690963275_2c49b672af_z.jpg (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/29/playstation-plus-update-zombie-tycoon-ii-free-for-members/)

Plus various "DEEP" Discounts for games from these series.

Playstation Battle Royal, Bioshock, iNFAMOUS, Metal Gear, Sly Cooper, Little Big Planet, Devil May Cry, God of War, Twisted Metal, Ratchet & Clank

LINK: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/29/playstation-plus-update-zombie-tycoon-ii-free-for-members/

Gink
04-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Some nice discounts in there. Quite a few of the discounts were freebies in the past, but plenty weren't. Might pick up Bioshock and finally play the series, since we got 2 for free a while back, and everything I've seen of Infinite looks amazing. Tempted to pick up Twisted Metal 2 for nostalgia's sake. Can't believe how many hours I spent with college buddies driving around blowing each other up. Fun in the 90's!

SouthtownSlayer
04-29-2013, 04:51 PM
How the hell am I at fault when their PS Store charged me for a F'ing game that was supposed to be free!!
Just thought I'd post this for those that have PS+ and download games that are free!

Story behind this: I downloaded a game from the Playstation store that was supposed to be free for PS+ members (my account is up to date) and well for some reason I still got charged! Called the support number and the guy placed a trouble ticket for review by someone who could authorize the refund! I still got my money back but these assholes made it sound like I was at fault and they were doing me a favor!!!! WTF SONY!! /vent off

"Thank you for your recent call to PlayStation® Consumer Service.

We have reviewed your case and as a one time gesture of goodwill, your PlayStation Store Wallet has been refunded in the amount of $ 9.99.

Please note, according to PlayStation® Network (PSN) terms of service and user agreement, all users should safeguard their account information to prevent use by any other user. SCEA shall have no liability for any unauthorized usage of a PSN account. SCEA will not be able to refund your account again."

xMisFitToyx
04-29-2013, 05:11 PM
How the hell am I at fault when their PS Store charged me for a F'ing game that was supposed to be free!!
Just thought I'd post this for those that have PS+ and download games that are free!

Story behind this: I downloaded a game from the Playstation store that was supposed to be free for PS+ members (my account is up to date) and well for some reason I still got charged! Called the support number and the guy placed a trouble ticket for review by someone who could authorize the refund! I still got my money back but these assholes made it sound like I was at fault and they were doing me a favor!!!! WTF SONY!! /vent off

We have reviewed your case and as a one time gesture of goodwill, your PlayStation Store Wallet has been refunded in the amount of $ 9.99.

Please note, according to PlayStation® Network (PSN) terms of service and user agreement, all users should safeguard their account information to prevent use by any other user. SCEA shall have no liability for any unauthorized usage of a PSN account. SCEA will not be able to refund your account again."

What game?

I wanted to "BUY" Borderlands a couple of weeks ago when they had it for a ridiculous price. I got it free with PS+ about 6 months ago, and it wouldn't let me "BUY" it ... only re-download it. I was able to buy all of the DLC a while back, when they had it for 1/2 off.

Of course I really didn't need it ... But, I just wanted to "OWN" it.

SouthtownSlayer
04-29-2013, 05:40 PM
What game?

I wanted to "BUY" Borderlands a couple of weeks ago when they had it for a ridiculous price. I got it free with PS+ about 6 months ago, and it wouldn't let me "BUY" it ... only re-download it. I was able to buy all of the DLC a while back, when they had it for 1/2 off.

Of course I really didn't need it ... But, I just wanted to "OWN" it.

It was Malicious, which I'm not going to play anytime soon but I've been downloading all the free games to my hard drive knowing I'll play them one of these days. I feel you on just wanting to OWN it, think this PS+ is the new gamers fix!

Gink
04-29-2013, 07:53 PM

That's ridiculous! They make it sound like you getting charged for a freebie was due to "unauthorized use" of your account, and that it was your fault. Even if someone else as using your account, the game still should have been free!

Glad that hasn't happened to me. I download every free thing too, just to have it available. I'd be sending them some strongly worded email.

theczech99
05-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Looks like we will be getting Sleeping Dogs for FREE this month!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/404530/ps-plus-sleeping-dogs-free-to-us-subscribers-in-may/

Sony Computer Entertainment America has detailed May's PlayStation Plus Instant Game collection.

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3012/image_301259_thumb_wide300.jpg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?mode=article&id=301259) Sleeping Dogs (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/xbox-360/action/11318/sleeping-dogs/) is the headline free download, the firm said on the PlayStation Blogcast (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/02/playstation-blogcast-072-movin-on-up/) (via Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/03/sleeping-dogs-yips-onto-playstation-plus-may-7/)). Subscribers will also be able to download Pinball Arcade on PS3, and Knytt Underground and BlazBlue: Contiuum Shift Extend on PS3 and Vita.
Free access to Hitman Absolution (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/pc/action/12322/hitman-absolution/) headlines Sony Europe's PS Plus offering (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/401541/eu-ps-plus-update-free-hitman-absolution-headlines-deals/) in May.
Sony recently revealed the results of a PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection poll, which showed (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/402738/ps-plus-users-vote-for-more-rpgs-and-action-titles/) that most respondents would like the subscription service to offer access to more RPGs and action games.

Spike Forehand
05-03-2013, 12:47 PM

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/404530/ps-plus-sleeping-dogs-free-to-us-subscribers-in-may/

Wasn't familiar with it, so I looked up a video:

http://youtu.be/kbqjUnZAYNg

Been a while since I played a H2H fighting game - looks pretty interesting.

Been really enjoying the PS Plus membership - thanks to Czech for being the first to recommend it to me when I was having hard drive issues and wanted to better protect game saves. Definitely been worth it.

Jackie R
05-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Sweet! It's been a while since I've been able to get a great game from PS+ that I did not already own.

http://www.vote29.com/newmyblog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/moka-happy-dog3.jpg

Gink
05-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Finally! I was getting close to giving up and paying for it.

xMisFitToyx
05-06-2013, 01:45 PM

MAY Preview
PlayStation Plus: Sleeping Dogs Joins the Instant Game Collection
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8551/8706058576_c562a7b181_z.jpg (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/06/playstation-plus-sleeping-dogs-joins-the-instant-game-collection/)

LINK: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/06/playstation-plus-sleeping-dogs-joins-the-instant-game-collection/

theczech99
05-06-2013, 01:56 PM
May 7th PlayStation Plus Update http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8115/8705837378_067265b959_z.jpg (http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/)
Sleeping Dogs (PS3) PSN Price: $49.99, Free for PS Plus members

Welcome to Hong Kong, a vibrant city whose exotic locations hide one of the most powerful and dangerous criminal organizations in the world: the Triads. You play Wei Shen, an undercover cop trying to take down the Triads from the inside. Heralded on several Game of the Year lists, this version of Sleeping Dogs comes with not only the full game, but also 3 premium DLC packs including the Retro Triad Pack, the Red Envelope Pack, and the Street Racer Pack.

Papo & Yo Bundle(PS3) 25% Discount – PSN Price: $11.99, $8.99 for PS Plus members

Papo & Yo is an adventure that follows the tale of a young boy named Quico and his best friend Monster, a huge beast with razor-sharp teeth and an addiction to poisonous frogs. The minute Monster eats a frog he goes into a violent rage that’s bad news for everyone around. And yet, Quico isn’t afraid to make a dangerous journey to find a cure for his best friend. As Quico, you’ll need to build your friendship with Monster by solving puzzles with his help as you adventure through a magical, imaginative world in which you can conjure solid objects from thin air. You’ll need to learn to use Monster’s emotions, both good and bad, to your advantage if you want to complete your quest and find a cure for your scary pal! This bundle also includes the soundtrack.

theczech99
05-08-2013, 08:49 AM
If you downloaded Sleeping Dogs last night but don't plan on playing it at the moment you may want to go ahead and start the game to get the patch saved. The patch alone in nearly 1GB so it takes a little time to DL before you’ll be able to play.

xMisFitToyx
05-08-2013, 08:52 AM
If you downloaded Sleeping Dogs last night but don't plan on playing it at the moment you may want to go ahead and start the game to get the patch saved. The patch alone in nearly 1GB so it takes a little time to DL before you’ll be able to play.

I start the DL when I get home. Then after dinner, dishes and family time, it will be ready. :biggrin:

theczech99
05-08-2013, 08:58 AM
I start the DL when I get home. Then after dinner, dishes and family time, it will be ready. :biggrin:

I've changed my update time to noon so I can add games from the online store to DL during my daily update. The other day I add 46 items that I never added after I swapped HDs and when I got home from work it was finishing the last two DLCs I added. It's just another great bonus to having a plus membership!

xMisFitToyx
05-08-2013, 09:08 AM
I've changed my update time to noon so I can add games from the online store to DL during my daily update. The other day I add 46 items that I never added after I swapped HDs and when I got home from work it was finishing the last two DLCs I added. It's just another great bonus to having a plus membership!

Then maybe the Sleeping Dogs update has already been installed on my PS3. The game had finished downloading last night before I went to bed. I know other updates have automatically downloaded before.

Jackie R
05-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the head up Czech. Nothing like looking forward to playing a game only to have to wait for a long patch to install!

http://ferrellgummit.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/angry_dog.jpg

Gink
05-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the head up Czech. Nothing like looking forward to playing a game only to have to wait for a long patch to install!

http://ferrellgummit.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/angry_dog.jpg

Seriously, I always seem to forget about that. Glad I saw the reminder this morning and started it up. PS+ doesn't seem to auto-update games until you've run them once. Maybe it only auto-updates the ones you've told it "yes, back up my save games online". Dunno. Thanks for the reminder Czech, that was a big o' patch.

xMisFitToyx
05-09-2013, 08:59 AM

Cool game ... I have done a few cases, some favors and I've been on 1 date. :biggrin:

There may be too many collectibles for a reasonable run for the plat trophy. We will just have to see. :biggrin:

theczech99
05-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Cool game ... I have done a few cases, some favors and I've been on 1 date. :biggrin:

There may be too many collectibles for a reasonable run for the plat trophy. We will just have to see. :biggrin:

The game has a feature like Tomb Raider where eventually all collectables will show up on your map. You can always wait until you are near the end then make one pass through the city collecting anything you’ve missed. Once you finish the game you will have the option of free roam to finish any remaining side missions or grab collectables.

xMisFitToyx
05-09-2013, 12:26 PM
The game has a feature like Tomb Raider where eventually all collectables will show up on your map. You can always wait until you are near the end then make one pass through the city collecting anything you’ve missed. Once you finish the game you will have the option of free roam to finish any remaining side missions or grab collectables.

SchweeT!!

Gink
05-11-2013, 02:46 PM

Cool. I noticed the map had a button for collectibles, but when I clicked it nothing appeared. Will come in handy later. I used to make an effort to pick up everything, like GTA San Andreas I recall printing out maps to try and find all the graffiti tags or something. Anymore I won't go to that much effort, so nice to be able to eventually unlock an in-game map.

Game is pretty fun so far, though I'm constantly driving on the wrong side of the road and taking corners into oncoming traffic.

xMisFitToyx
05-13-2013, 03:51 PM
MAY 14th Playstation Plus Update:
Knytt Underground Rolls to the Instant Game Collection

http://blog.us.playstation.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/05/Plus-Lead-5-14-2013-554x341.jpg (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/13/playstation-plus-knytt-underground-rolls-to-the-instant-game-collection/)

GAME DISCOUNTS

GRID 2 – Pre-Order (PS3)
10% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $59.99; PS Plus Price: $53.99)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/05/GRID-2.jpg
Be fast, be first and be famous as you join the elite in ‘World Series Racing’ where the greatest cars, drivers and events come together in the search for a new motorsport icon. Find your limit, then go beyond it. Welcome back to racing.

Metro: Last Light (PS3)
20% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $59.99; PS Plus Price: $47.99)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/05/Metro-Last-Light.jpg
Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, civil war rages for control of a doomsday device that threatens to erase humanity forever. As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to survival – the last light in the darkest hour.

LINK: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/13/playstation-plus-knytt-underground-rolls-to-the-instant-game-collection/

theczech99
05-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Game is pretty fun so far, though I'm constantly driving on the wrong side of the road and taking corners into oncoming traffic.

I played the game for over 25 hrs on the 360 and at the end of the game I was still driving on the wrong side of the road.

Gink
05-13-2013, 07:06 PM
I played the game for over 25 hrs on the 360 and at the end of the game I was still driving on the wrong side of the road.

:lol: Yeah, I think I've lost more health driving motorcycles into oncoming traffic, and looking the wrong way before stepping out in front of cars than I have from fights. I'm definitely a bit scared of visiting foreign countries now.

TonkaToys
05-14-2013, 10:11 AM
:lol: Yeah, I think I've lost more health driving motorcycles into oncoming traffic, and looking the wrong way before stepping out in front of cars than I have from fights. I'm definitely a bit scared of visiting foreign countries now.

No fellas, you are driving on the correct side of the road... it is everyone else that is wrong. I'm from the UK so I know this to be true.

xMisFitToyx
05-16-2013, 08:33 AM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/05/Plus-Lead-5-14-2013-554x341.jpg

I downloaded and played this a little last night.

I really like this kind of game. Just from what I played last night, this game is going to be a little difficult. It requires a lot of patience, great timing and a lot of noodling to figure out how to get from point A to point B (difficult puzzles). Plus, there are no in game hints or tutorials. You just jump in, play and figure every thing out on your own.

Badgerute
05-16-2013, 08:35 AM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/05/Plus-Lead-5-14-2013-554x341.jpg

I downloaded and played this a little last night.

I really like this kind of game. Just from what I played last night, this game is going to be a little difficult. It requires a lot of patience, great timing and a lot of noodling to figure out how to get from point A to point B (difficult puzzles). Plus, there are no in game hints or tutorials. You just jump in, play and figure every thing out on your own.

Is it a Limbo clone? Not sure if you played that or not though.

xMisFitToyx
05-16-2013, 08:43 AM
Is it a Limbo clone? Not sure if you played that or not though.

I played a little Limbo ... I don't really see too many similarities, other than they are both platformers.

Spike Forehand
05-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Super excited for The Pinball Arcade as I have been playing around with that on iOS and its really good. Downloaded the demo to PS3 and it's even better.

I'm a junkie for 70's era electromechanical pinball machines (I even own a 1975 Gottlieb Fast Draw that i got operating for a bit but still needs more work as its now shorting out again). I love the way The Pinball Arcade is re- releasing so many classic tables with many more to come.

Hoping that it comes for Ps+ next Tuesday.

xMisFitToyx
05-21-2013, 09:19 AM
Get the Ultimate Deal With 10 New Ultimate Editions

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8416/8756183424_af198af509_z.jpg (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/20/get-the-ultimate-deal-with-10-new-ultimate-editions/)

Tomorrow we’re debuting new Ultimate Editions (http://us.playstation.com/ultimate-editions/index.html) for 10 fantastic PS3 games paired with all their DLC, available only on PlayStation Store (https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/). For a limited time, to celebrate the introduction of these new Ultimate Editions, we’re offering them at up to 65% off with even more savings—up to 75% off—for PlayStation Plus members.
Ultimate Editions bundle some of the best PS3 games with all of their add-on content to provide the complete game experience. Check out the new Ultimate Edition titles you can find on the PlayStation Store starting tomorrow.

Assassin’s Creed III Ultimate Edition
The American Colonies, 1775. It’s a time of civil unrest and political upheaval in the Americas. As a Native American Assassin fights to protect his land and his people, he will ignite the flames of a young nation’s revolution.
Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $87.93
PSN Price: $69.99
PlayStation Plus Members $62.99

Batman: Arkham City Ultimate Edition
No escape from Arkham City…the sprawling super-prison in the heart of Gotham City, home to its most violent thugs and infamous super villains. With the lives of the innocent at stake, only one man can save them and bring justice to the streets of Gotham City…The Batman.
Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $57.95
PSN Price: $28.99
PlayStation Plus Members $23.19

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Ultimate Edition
In the world’s darkest hour, are you willing to do what is necessary? Prepare yourself for a cinematic thrill-ride as only Call of Duty can deliver. Online, the definitive Multiplayer experience returns bigger and better than ever, loaded with new maps, modes and features. Co-Op play has evolved with all-new Special-Ops missions and leaderboards
Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $99.99
PSN Price: $69.99
PlayStation Plus Members $62.99

DmC Devil May Cry Ultimate Edition
In a society corrupted by demons only The Order can see the world for what it really is. Join Dante in the ultimate experience of stylish action chain together combo after combo with panache and dispatch demonic spawn back to hell – reveal the truth behind the lies.
Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $74.96
PSN Price: $52.49
PlayStation Plus Members $47.24

Far Cry 3 Ultimate Edition
Journey into the heart of insanity.
Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $69.98
PSN Price: $55.99
PlayStation Plus Members $50.39

Max Payne 3 Ultimate Edition
For Max Payne, the tragedies that took his loved ones years ago are wounds that refuse to heal. No longer a cop, close to washed up and addicted to pain killers, Max takes a job in São Paulo, Brazil, protecting the family of wealthy real estate mogul Rodrigo Branco, in an effort to finally escape his troubled past.
Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $69.99
PSN Price: $29.99
PlayStation Plus Members $20.99

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Ultimate Edition
METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE takes the renowned METAL GEAR franchise into exciting new territory by focusing on delivering an all-new action experience unlike anything that has come before.
Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $90.91
PSN Price: $63.99
PlayStation Plus Members $44.79

Persona 4 Arena Ultimate Edition
Two months after the ending of the hit RPG Persona 4, a new threat has emerged in Persona 4 Arena!
Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $59.91
PSN Price: $39.99
PlayStation Plus Members $27.99

Starhawk Ultimate Edition
From the creators of Warhawk comes a frenetic third person shooter adventure that allows you to command the combat by using the innovative Build & Battle system.
Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $66.83
PSN Price: $23.49
PlayStation Plus Members $16.44

TRANSFORMERS: Fall of Cybertron Ultimate Edition
Experience the epic battles and the darkest hours of the war between the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS as they fight for control of their dying home world, ultimately culminating in their legendary exodus from Cybertron.
Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $89.99
PSN Price: $62.99
PlayStation Plus Members $56.69

Don’t miss out on these great deals this week! Check out the PlayStation Store (https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/) and pick up these Ultimate Editions to round out your game library. After May 27th, these 10 new Ultimate Editions will be available at up to 40% off the total bundle value in the Ultimate Editions category of the PlayStation Store (https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/). Which Ultimate Edition are you most excited for?

LINK: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/20/get-the-ultimate-deal-with-10-new-ultimate-editions/

Spike Forehand
05-21-2013, 04:14 PM
From The Pinball Arcade Fans forum:

UPDATE The Pinball Arcade Base Game Is FREE For North American PlayStation Plus Members For A LIMITED TIME Beginning May 21st!!!

North American PlayStation Plus members, if you haven't already purchased the most realistic and comprehensive pinball game ever created for your PS3/PS Vita, now's your chance to grab The Pinball Arcade absolutely FREE!

Discover an ever-expanding library of the greatest tables of all time originally manufactured by Williams, Bally, Stern and Gottlieb. This FREE download gives you full access to all four launch tables on your PS3 and PS Vita which includes Black Hole, Ripley's Believe It or Not!, Tales of the Arabian Nights and Theatre of Magic.

The Pinball Arcade is free for a limited time only, so don't miss your chance to get in on the pinball craze at absolutely no cost to you!

xMisFitToyx
05-25-2013, 05:02 PM
WOOT!!!

Got my Platinum Trophy on Sleeping Dogs https://b.pfcdn.net/site/t/psn_trophy_icons_small/75/22/75227.png :biggrin:

I downloaded the 2 expansion DLC's and will be playing through them as well.

Gink
05-25-2013, 06:22 PM
WOOT!!!

Got my Platinum Trophy on Sleeping Dogs https://b.pfcdn.net/site/t/psn_trophy_icons_small/75/22/75227.png :biggrin:

I downloaded the 2 expansion DLC's and will be playing through them as well.

Congrats! That must have taken a lot of work. I think after 1 playthrough I only had about 33%, granted I didn't do many races, fell a couple levels short on triad xp, and hadn't gotten around to collecting all the lockboxes. But there's a lot to do in the game! Fortunately it never seems to get tedious.

xMisFitToyx
05-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Congrats! That must have taken a lot of work. I think after 1 playthrough I only had about 33%, granted I didn't do many races, fell a couple levels short on triad xp, and hadn't gotten around to collecting all the lockboxes. But there's a lot to do in the game! Fortunately it never seems to get tedious.

I completed the "Nightmare in Northpoint" DLC in 1hr and 45min. I will do the "Year of the Snake" DLC tonight for 100%. :biggrin:

xMisFitToyx
05-28-2013, 02:58 PM

I completed the "Nightmare in Northpoint" DLC in 1hr and 45min. I will do the "Year of the Snake" DLC tonight for 100%. :biggrin:

100% .... DONE!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed this game. If you have PS+, this (Freebie) game is still available until June 1st.

Spike Forehand
05-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Got a little deeper into Sleeping Dogs last night, and really liking it.

I pretty much still suck ass at fighting games, (as well as sports games where you need to react and mash certain specific buttons quickly). I'm probably just too old. However, I really like the RPG Elements and open world on top of the fighting game. I Did the drug dealer surveillance mission last night and really liked it.

xMisFitToyx
05-30-2013, 09:37 AM

I pretty much still suck ass at fighting games, (as well as sports games where you need to react and mash certain specific buttons quickly). I'm probably just too old. However, I really like the RPG Elements and open world on top of the fighting game. I Did the drug dealer surveillance mission last night and really liked it.

If you are a trophy hunter ... this is an easy plat.

Gink
05-30-2013, 11:41 AM

You can get through a lot of the combat by basically standing there with your thumb on the Triangle button, waiting for someone to turn red and counter their attack. It's a slow paced way to do combat, but works especially well when being attacked by a crowd where someone is bound to punch you in the back of the head if you try to go on the offensive. As you collect Jade Figurines and level up various things combat gets a bit easier as you get some stronger attacks that are quicker to pull off.

I personally tend to hate/suck at timed or racing challenges in games. GTA IV burnt me out on driving, but I actually found the driving in this game to be pretty great. I still took Taxis a lot to get places, and didn't do more than a couple races, but the cars handle well, and the mechanics for shooting while driving blow past GTA games out of the water. After a few hours of the game I found myself surprised by how engaged in the story I was getting, as I expected it to be shallow and just give a vague premise for running around Hong Kong doing bad/good things, wreaking havoc, and kicking asses.

Sleeping Dogs set the bar high for what GTA V is going to have to deliver to impress me. This freebie alone made the price for a year of PS+ worthwhile for me.

TheFreak75
05-30-2013, 12:57 PM
Now what happens after June 1st.... do I loose the game from the library or will it stay there for me to play it when I get the chance??
100% .... DONE!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed this game. If you have PS+, this (Freebie) game is still available until June 1st.

Spike Forehand
05-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Now what happens after June 1st.... do I loose the game from the library or will it stay there for me to play it when I get the chance??

Pretty sure they stay until you delete them. Not sure if you can delete and then re-download later - haven't tried that.

xMisFitToyx
05-30-2013, 01:08 PM

As long as you have purchased(free) it (you don't necessarily have to download it) ... and you are a current PS+ subscriber, you can always play it or re-download it.

Even if you let PS+ lapse, then subscribe at a later date ... it will then be available to you again.

TheFreak75
05-30-2013, 01:36 PM
cool!!

As long as you have purchased(free) it (you don't necessarily have to download it) ... and you are a current PS+ subscriber, you can always play it or re-download it.

Even if you let PS+ lapse, then subscribe at a later date ... it will then be available to you again.

xMisFitToyx
06-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Playstation Plus: June Preview

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3739/8907017281_b08ecd1e0a_z.jpg (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/03/playstation-plus-deus-ex-human-revolution-free-for-members/)

LINK: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/03/playstation-plus-deus-ex-human-revolution-free-for-members/

xMisFitToyx
06-03-2013, 10:00 AM

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3739/8907017281_b08ecd1e0a_z.jpg (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/03/playstation-plus-deus-ex-human-revolution-free-for-members/)

LINK: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/03/playstation-plus-deus-ex-human-revolution-free-for-members/

Deus Ex, Saints Row 3 and Machinarium are 3 games I have been looking at getting :becky:

Thanks PS+ :tongue:

TheFreak75
06-03-2013, 10:05 AM
This is gonna be a good month!!!

SouthtownSlayer
06-04-2013, 08:18 AM
Really nice drop this month!!!

Hell, I have games that I still haven't played yet, it's going to get to the point where I'm not going to have enough space on my 700 gig hard drive! lol

Gink
06-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Really nice drop this month!!!

Hell, I have games that I still haven't played yet, it's going to get to the point where I'm not going to have enough space on my 700 gig hard drive! lol

Yeah, my 320GB is hopeless with PS+. Turned on the PS3 to watch Netflix the other day and the auto update summary was like "Sorry, not enough room to download anything else." So apparently I can't even squeeze new patches on. Guess I'm going to have to just admit some of the old freebies I am just not going to get around to.

I'll just have to redownload em if I suddenly decide I've got to play vanquish or just cause 2 or something.

xMisFitToyx
06-08-2013, 05:49 PM
WOOT!!!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7430/8975999184_8566aca932_z.jpg (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/07/playstation-plus-3-new-fixtures-in-the-instant-game-collection/)

Gink
06-08-2013, 06:21 PM
I better get to work clearing off the hard drive. Guess it's time to delete some of the games various family members have been saying for years "I'm going to play that one of these days".

xMisFitToyx
06-08-2013, 07:09 PM
I better get to work clearing off the hard drive. Guess it's time to delete some of the games various family members have been saying for years "I'm going to play that one of these days".

I'm the same way. I have tons of games I have downloaded from PS+ I have barely touched, but want to finish.

Spike Forehand
06-09-2013, 12:29 AM
Damn - at this rate I may have to stop buying games with all this great shit coming.

Jackie R
06-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Damn - at this rate I may have to stop buying games with all this great shit coming.
Yep. Nice to see that PS+ is finally starting to put out more A+ titles.

http://cs419519.vk.me/v419519133/3d3d/xXEqkhh0cZ4.jpg

Gink
06-09-2013, 01:32 PM

Seriously, I've already been trying to finish up the games I've already bought, and then have a handful I planned to buy and play before next gen. These freebies are going to put me even further behind now.

xMisFitToyx
06-09-2013, 05:51 PM
http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/attachment.php?attachmentid=4916&d=1358541864

If anyone decides to download and play this ... let me know. I need to get a few more wins for the 25 wins trophy, and I will have the Platinum trophy. :whistle::becky:

Me and my 14 yo son Nolan, thoroughly enjoyed playing this game. :thumb:

TheFreak75
06-09-2013, 08:58 PM
http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/attachment.php?attachmentid=4916&d=1358541864

If anyone decides to download and play this ... let me know. I need to get a few more wins for the 25 wins trophy, and I will have the Platinum trophy. :whistle::becky:

Me and my 14 yo son Nolan, thoroughly enjoyed playing this game. :thumb:

I will surely be getting this one for my kids.

xMisFitToyx
06-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Playstation Plus: June 11th Update

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3756/8993651550_19a918c9c7_z.jpg (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/10/playstation-plus-e3-2013-sale-free-machinarium-uncharted-3-xcom-more/)
Also FREE for PS+ Members Tomorrow
http://blog.us.playstation.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/06/Uncharted-3.jpghttp://blog.us.playstation.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/06/XCOM-Enemy-Unknown.jpghttp://blog.us.playstation.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/06/LittleBigPlanet-Karting.jpg

E3 2013 PS+ Sale (Discounts for non PS+ Members as well ... Click link to view)

Game Title
Normal Price
PS Plus Price

Dishonored
$29.99
$21.59

Tomb Raider
$59.99
$20.24

Call of Duty Black Ops II
$59.99
$37.79

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
$49.99
$29.99

Resident Evil 6
$29.99
$17.99

PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale
$39.99
$14.00

NBA 2K13
$59.99
$29.39

FIFA Soccer 13
$59.99
$29.39

Far Cry 3
$59.99
$29.39

Borderlands 2
$39.99
$19.59

Assassin’s Creed III
$39.99
$19.59

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
$39.99
$19.59

Assassin’s Creed III Liberation
$26.99
$13.29

Sound Shapes
$14.99
$3.75

Sound Shapes PS Vita
$14.99
$3.75

Quantum Conundrum
$14.99
$3.75

Guardians of Middle-Earth
$14.99
$3.75

The Unfinished Swan
$14.99
$3.75

Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
$14.99
$3.75

The Walking Dead – Season Pass
$19.99
$5.00

Dishonored – Dunwall City Trials
$4.99
$2.79

Dishonored – The Knife of Dunwall
$9.99
$5.59

Dishonored – Void Walker’s Arsenal
$3.99
$2.23

LINK: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/10/playstation-plus-e3-2013-sale-free-machinarium-uncharted-3-xcom-more/

Major Stains
06-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Machinarium for free = win!

I love that game :biggrin:

Gink
06-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Machinarium for free = win!

I love that game :biggrin:
Definitely! I played it on Android a while back, getting it free for PS3 I'll probably end up playing it over again.

RC-1136
06-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Holy crap. Uncharted 3 is 40 GB's! I can't make enough room to download it. Why is it so big?