PDA

View Full Version : Demolition

RC-1136
06-30-2010, 02:56 PM
In Demolition, do you like get the win and plant the bomb quickly or do you like to extend the game to get more kills?

Personally, I like to plant and defuse bombs quickly and win the game.

Borlaxx
06-30-2010, 03:09 PM
I've never played it L-)

90% of my time is spent in TDM, and most of the rest has been in FFA. I think I have played one S&D match and two Ground War matches. I don't find the objective based matches to be much fun, and playing them with randoms seems pointless as there is no teamwork.

RATA MUERTA
06-30-2010, 05:08 PM
I actually like Sabotage more than Demolition. It can be more fun when there is only one bomb. That said, I like the longer game you get by deystroying both objectives.

DB4
07-01-2010, 02:18 AM
When it comes to objective-games, i am an objective whore. If I wanted to play TDM, I would go and do just that.

With that said, I think that Demolition is a flawed game mode by design. I find that most people play it like it is TDM and ignore the objective. I also feel like the team that is defending the objective first has a major advantage. Why? because the Kill Streaks carry over to the next round. It is much easier to camp an objective location than it is to try to plant the bomb. So the team that defends first can just sit and wait knowing that the other team has to come to them, and then they build up their KSR. What usually happens is that the team that defends first will unleash there Kill Streaks and continue to bombard you with Harriers, Choppers, Predator Missiles, etc. as soon as the second round begins. With all the Air Support it is fairly easy for them to go plant the bombs and win the match.

If you have a fairly disciplined group of people together playing Demolition, you can probably dominate and put together a nice string of wins together pretty easily.

I think that Sabotoge usually plays like it is 20 minutes of TDM, then the overtime period is treated the same as the second round/overtime of Demolition. Everyone saves there kill streaks. I pretty much know to expect an AC-130 or Chopper Gunner to be unleashed as soon as Overtime starts.

I think that MW2 and future COD games would be better if Kill Streaks did not carry over to the next round in some of these game modes.
I am looking forward to Barebones versions of these games for this reason.

Search and Destroy is EFFING AWESOME BTW! If anyone hasn't played it or has only tried it a couple of times... I recommend commiting yourself to a couple of days of SnD. You will be hooked. It's an acquired taste. SnD is like FPS meets Chess. :cheers:

RC-1136
07-01-2010, 07:33 AM
I loved S&D on MW:R. I haven't played it much in MW2 because I don't know the maps that well. If we are online together I would definately be up for some S&D.

I like objective games better too. Sometimes I get a little lost in a TDM. I find it easier to come up with strategies in objective games.