PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Presa Sniper Spot

TrojanTeacher
07-02-2010, 11:28 AM
I have noticed that there are always snipers at the top of the Laguna Presa Map overlooking the 3rd, 4th, and 5th MCOM's. I finally figured out how to do it. The pic shows the general area where the entrance is, but I may have to show you guys better in-game. We need to try to get a private match going for this so that we don't have to worry about enemies shooting us.

http://o.imm.io/P9m.jpg

jkodrigues
07-02-2010, 01:47 PM
cool i will try it out

TrojanTeacher
07-02-2010, 01:52 PM
It will definitely require you to climb the side of the mountain. Look for little ledges to land on with your feet. It's easy if you find the right spots.

ProfUnderDog
07-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Hey Teach,

Used that spot you showed me in Port Valdez late last night. It worked great. KIAed at least a dozen mortared 3 vehicles unit a sniper finally looked up. This was even in normal mode with deathcam. The best part was I got the sniper before he could fire and then just happily moved on my way. :-" Thanks!

TrojanTeacher
07-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Yeah, that spot was one that I found after killing the sniper that was guarding B from up there. It's definitely a great place to position yourself. If you're in Hardcore, even better. In HC, I actually love to hide in the attic of the building next to B in that section and then just snipe from there.

ProfUnderDog
07-02-2010, 02:41 PM
I have noticed that there are always snipers at the top of the Laguna Presa Map overlooking the 3rd, 4th, and 5th MCOM's. I finally figured out how to do it. The pic shows the general area where the entrance is, but I may have to show you guys better in-game. We need to try to get a private match going for this so that we don't have to worry about enemies shooting us.

http://o.imm.io/P9m.jpg

A great defensive spot for that same set of MCOMs is behind the second big rock at 11 o'clock if Teach's spot is about 4:30, 5 o'clock. It gives you a great view along the cliff wall that attackers try to hide behind either to spawn or before attacking the Mcom. They are extremely exposed, and have an almost impossible time spotting you from that location so you can make it extremely difficult for them to go along that side. Sorry, I don't have the editing skill to mark it for you all.

sam007
07-02-2010, 09:39 PM
I was wondering why one RECON in my squad was ATV'ing backwards. After a couple of deaths, I spawned on him and was in that sport you pointed out

I tired to figure out how he got up there in the first place.

Spike Forehand
07-05-2010, 04:15 PM
So after like 5 minutes of jumping at the hillside I finally made it to the top of the hill, but then went OB and suicided before I could get "across" to the other side of the hill.

Do you have to run through an out of bounds area to get back "in bounds" or is the entire path in bounds and I just went the wrong way at the top of the hill?

For those looking for the spot to get up, another way to describe it is to run up the least steep ridge on that side of the hill. It's to the right of where the sheer rock face starts.

MrBlitzer72
07-05-2010, 07:48 PM
I made my way up to the spot today rather easily. The key to it is, once you get up there, you need to walk the edges of the cliff so you dont go out of bounds. I was able to make it right above the "A" Mcomm on the 3rd set. With this Mcomm being one of the hardest to take on the map, you could easily throw C4 down on top of it and take it with ease. Teach, i'd like to try that tactic sometime soon!

~Blitz

jkodrigues
07-06-2010, 07:01 AM
i tryed it too but i went straight across and dyed because i coulndt run up there dont know why

TrojanTeacher
07-06-2010, 10:13 AM
In order to cross, the third set of MCOM's have to be captured. Then the out-of-bounds becomes really small. If you just walk around the edges, you can snipe towards the 2nd set of MCOM's once the 1st have been taken. You cannot go up there unless the 1st set have been captured and you cannot cross to the other side unless the 3rd set have been captured.