PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Specialization question

sam007
07-06-2010, 10:21 PM
are they cumulative when teammates load up in which ever vehicle?

I am asking because one match long time ago, I was in a MBT with Ellison81 (driver/main gun) and he said the radar was pinging, I was running the sensor package so enemies in direct proximity to the vehicle would show up on the map.

There could be some wicked combination for a either the M3A3 or the BMD-3 if that is the case.

Driver/Main gun, advanced optics or smoke, but I prefer to stay back and touch them with some 120mm in the Abrams. :-B
Turret MG, sensors
Side gunners, hardened warhead or hardened armour or quick reload

dinsdale1978
07-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Good question.

Saw this on a forum awhile ago.

ANY vehicle upgrade works as the driver. (obviously)

As the gunner, you can upgrade the vehicle with:
+Armor
+dmg
-Cooldown
so long as the driver doesn't have it already (they don't stack same type)

Passengers do NOT benefit in any way.

I believe that the driver needs to have alt fire, smoke or optics to make them active but the passive perks seem to stack.

ustolemygmrtag
07-07-2010, 08:58 AM
I personally think the best set up would be as follows. For Power and survivability in a BDM, or Bradley.

Squad
1. Alt Weapon
2. Reload
3. Armor
4. Warhead

But, there are others that would be good for special situations on different maps, and game types. I really like that one, but it takes the whole squad communicating on what perk they are running, and not deviating from that.

theczech99
07-08-2010, 01:20 PM
I always use the improved warhead upgrade. It will take down houses, objectives and others vehicles very fast. Any time Iíve gone head to head with another tank I win.

Tip: anytime you are in a light tank with only three people and youíre a passenger, when the gun is reloading/cooling down. Switch form one side to the other and right back to where you started. The gun is ready to go without having to wait.

CELockwood
07-08-2010, 01:47 PM
I always use the improved warhead upgrade. It will take down houses, objectives and others vehicles very fast. Any time Iíve gone head to head with another tank I win.

Tip: anytime you are in a light tank with only three people and youíre a passenger, when the gun is reloading/cooling down. Switch form one side to the other and right back to where you started. The gun is ready to go without having to wait.

Very useful tip. Am I right to guess that this works with any in game mounted weapon? The one that comes to mind as possibly useful is the stat.at's.

bigdaddyj2468
07-08-2010, 01:52 PM
i like to run warhead upgrade or qiuck reloading and sometimes the optics package.

DayliteMag
07-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Funny how everyone has their favourite perks. I really like Alt Weapons. I'm not sure what caliber MG you get, but it is very effective at taking down engineers or wookies who maybe running up on you. What will often happen is that I will destroy a tank and the driver and/or engineer will jump out (as they should) just before it explodes only to be mowed down by "my little friend". hehehe :devil: . You can also use the MG on UAV's and Helis (although, I'm not sure that you are doing much damage to the Helis). I think running this perk with an partner who is equipped with extra armor would be a good combo.

CELockwood
07-09-2010, 07:43 AM
Funny how everyone has their favourite perks. I really like Alt Weapons. I'm not sure what caliber MG you get, but it is very effective at taking down engineers or wookies who maybe running up on you. What will often happen is that I will destroy a tank and the driver and/or engineer will jump out (as they should) just before it explodes only to be mowed down by "my little friend". hehehe :devil: . You can also use the MG on UAV's and Helis (although, I'm not sure that you are doing much damage to the Helis). I think running this perk with an partner who is equipped with extra armor would be a good combo.

I've played around with these a bit and end up switching back and forth depending on the map. Lately my favorite is the optical package. While it's not good to be way behind the action all of the time, in some cases (like the first set of mcoms on arica), you can take out an mcom with one tank from an insane distance. Also, using this with the uav allows you to stay very high and far away and still spot/hellfire quite effectively. I had 14 straight kills and dropped a building on an mcom in a desert rush match using this the other day before a sniper finally shot it down.