PDA

View Full Version : Map Pack 4 tomorrow?

dinsdale1978
07-07-2010, 12:40 AM
http://badcompany2blog.com/2010/map-pack-4-coming-tomorrow-july-7/

Atacama Rush and Port Valdez Conquest. Still not really enough to be considered good DLC but I welcome it with open arms.

jkodrigues
07-07-2010, 04:21 AM
its always good some new maps because its getting a bit boring playing the same ones over and over

jkodrigues
07-07-2010, 04:32 AM
yeah its oficial,i just went to see it its already available.atacam desert should be really good in rush

jkodrigues
07-07-2010, 05:00 AM
i was right atacama desert is the best rush,you guys are going to love it,lots of helis,tanks,recon spots,aa guns etc

Toxic Avenger72
07-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Woohoo! I was hoping they would make atacama a rush map.

ustolemygmrtag
07-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Woohoo! I was hoping they would make atacama a rush map.

This is going to be epic!!!! :-o :-ss :cheers: I always hated that Atacoma was just a Conquest map. Now we Rush guys and gals, will have the Heavy Metal to play with. :applause: :applause:

dinsdale1978
07-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Can't wait to get home and try this out.

LzzrdBoy
07-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the head's up. I was clueless!

TrojanTeacher
07-07-2010, 11:18 AM
ATACAMA RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ustolemygmrtag
07-07-2010, 12:03 PM
ATACAMA RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will tell you guys, it is really intense. Me and meg have been playing for a while now. It is Insane. Open areas to cross, Allot of Heavy equiptment. Including added AntiAircraft guns all over. This map is really a good one. 4 sets of M/Comms. Attackers are Russian. Us troops do not get Tanks and Helis until the last set of M/Comms. So it is a Engineers dream. If you have a good Assualt and medic keeping you alive and Ammoed up. Looking forward to seeing you all on tonight. Might have to get my other Xbox going tonight as well.

REMEC87
07-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Can't wait to get home and try this out.

I can't wait! and tonight i get unlimited playing too! see you there!

jkodrigues
07-07-2010, 01:14 PM
i only tryed atack so far and i have to tell you it is awsome full war

dinsdale1978
07-07-2010, 02:36 PM
[yt:3n72yyqu]Vr6sdNbUQp8[/yt:3n72yyqu]

Looks like that new jeep vehicle is in here now.

sam007
07-07-2010, 02:56 PM
I was playing port valdez conquest last night, INSANE, lots of ways to die, you really need to work as a team and not venture out on your own to some degree, that is if you hide on the sides, you're ok. the new AA gun is wicked! a constant stream of lead makes for easy downing of any chopper.

I see lots of potential for C4 ambushes for Port Valdez Conquest! :D Can't really get from Alpha to Bravo without traveling on paved roads, platinum C4 star here I come, hahaha

ProfUnderDog
07-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Both maps are great additions! Look forward to playing with Team Mp on both.

jkodrigues
07-07-2010, 04:00 PM
yeah i played both maps and for me they are very good specialy atacama desert

MrBlitzer72
07-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Atacama Desert is going to be a heli base raping disaster. I like how they are changing the game modes on the maps, but im oh so ready for some different scenery! Hopefully soon! :-w

~Blitz

ProfUnderDog
07-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Atacama Desert is going to be a heli base raping disaster. I like how they are changing the game modes on the maps, but im oh so ready for some different scenery! Hopefully soon! :-w

~Blitz

Agreed except when you have someone who can't fly a chopper. Played with Gamertag today, and got in the gunners seat and the pilot just hovered over the mcoms. I've never seen a stationary AT hit a chopper before. To bad I saw it from the inside. My hope is there are some well placed AA and other guns that will even the odds.

DayliteMag
07-07-2010, 04:36 PM
I literally had no idea what the h.e.double-hockey-sticks was going on! INSANITY PROFANITY! I hadn't seen this thread and jumped into some matches. I couldn't tell if I was playing rush or conquest, or what. Wild!

Retro
07-07-2010, 04:46 PM
So I tried Atacama in Rush. Only played on the attacker side, but have to say I'm not impressed.

Hopefully it's just the people I was playing with/against. But on the attacking side it's a complete sniperfest, much more than any other map. Since I was playing solo to try it out I was also running Recon. Picked one spot and 29 - 3. It seems great if you want to improve your K/D ratio, but outside of that it could get really boring fast. Again I hope it's only the group I was in with.

Now Port Valdez in Conquest? That seemed pretty sweet.

sam007
07-07-2010, 05:42 PM
I literally had no idea what the h.e.double-hockey-sticks was going on! INSANITY PROFANITY! I hadn't seen this thread and jumped into some matches. I couldn't tell if I was playing rush or conquest, or what. Wild!

hahaha, double hockey sticks, took me a while to catch on.

sam007
07-07-2010, 05:48 PM
So I tried Atacama in Rush. Only played on the attacker side, but have to say I'm not impressed.

Hopefully it's just the people I was playing with/against. But on the attacking side it's a complete sniperfest, much more than any other map. Since I was playing solo to try it out I was also running Recon. Picked one spot and 29 - 3. It seems great if you want to improve your K/D ratio, but outside of that it could get really boring fast. Again I hope it's only the group I was in with.

I can see that happening cause its so open. I'm sure everyone will catch on as to where NOT to be once everyone plays the map.

I should have a field day with destroying the MCOM's 2 bases back, hahaha

btw, they've moved the UAV station for conquest, its on the second deck with cover now. Go up the ladder and you'll see it.

I've also noticed the UAV does not take off if its loaded with C4 now. for the record, i've only tried it that one time for kicks. :p

ustolemygmrtag
07-07-2010, 07:08 PM

Yeah, you got into a bum match. We played with 2 good teams and it was kick ass. I died so many times, got 2 sets of Dogtags, and both teams lost. There are really well placed HMG, AA, and Missles everywhere for the Defence. Just ont he 1st set of M/comms, there are 3 spawns for AA. Give it another go with the MP's tonight. You will not be dissapointed.

Retro
07-07-2010, 07:24 PM

Yeah, you got into a bum match. We played with 2 good teams and it was kick ass. I died so many times, got 2 sets of Dogtags, and both teams lost. There are really well placed HMG, AA, and Missles everywhere for the Defence. Just ont he 1st set of M/comms, there are 3 spawns for AA. Give it another go with the MP's tonight. You will not be dissapointed.

They had to be bums, because I'm not that good. I was sitting at the bottom of the stairs beside the water where the C flag would be for Conquest. I rattled off 12 kills on 12 shots before someone took me out. I went right back to the same spot and took out 8 more before getting killed. Then I moved up to the containers and watched 3 guys go running towards my old spot and took them out from behind before I got taken out by my own guy. Went back to my first spot by the stairs and scoped the same 3 guys over at the containers looking for me, so I took them out again. Took 2 more guys out from arcoss nearly the enitre map for 340 points each before the match ended.

Ended up with a combat score of 2800 plus 2 pins worth 5000 each and few other 100 point pins for just 14,000 points. Nice little tally, but I think I just got lucky playing some really bad players.

dinsdale1978
07-08-2010, 09:17 AM
We rolled out on Atacama last night and had a lot of fun finding new routes to flank and sneak around. That last base is a tank camper's heaven. There sure is a lot of space on the right side for the attackers--hint, hint.

I may have to try Conquest tonight and rock Port Valdez.

MrBlitzer72
07-08-2010, 09:29 AM
I, too, tried Atacama, and im torn on it. Normally when im not used to the map, i will run wookie to see how the "flow" of the map goes. Well, i'll tell ya this...Retro and I sat back in our spawn on the attacking side. And let me tell ya, the kills you can accumulate are incredible. Seems very open, and very hard to take the mcomms unless you have a well coordinated attack plan. Should be cool though once you are used to it. Those new anti aircraft guns are bad ass!

~Blitz

dinsdale1978
07-08-2010, 09:38 AM
I, too, tried Atacama, and im torn on it. Normally when im not used to the map, i will run wookie to see how the "flow" of the map goes. Well, i'll tell ya this...Retro and I sat back in our spawn on the attacking side. And let me tell ya, the kills you can accumulate are incredible. Seems very open, and very hard to take the mcomms unless you have a well coordinated attack plan. Should be cool though once you are used to it. Those new anti aircraft guns are bad ass!

~Blitz

Yeah once you hit the wrecked ships on the attacker side, the lack of vehicles (once the newbs ditch them) makes running up on the MCOMMs an adrenaline fest.

Toxic Avenger72
07-08-2010, 11:05 AM
I've also noticed the UAV does not take off if its loaded with C4 now. for the record, i've only tried it that one time for kicks. :p

Not sure if it is different for PS3 but we had no problems doing that last night on 360. I don't know if it was just me or what but it felt like they have changed the right stick controls. This may be because I've been piloting the helis alot lately for practice and just forget the feel of the UAV.

theczech99
07-08-2010, 01:06 PM
There sure is a lot of space on the right side for the attackers--hint, hint.

Thatís what I did last night when attacking the last location. I drove a tank in from the right and took out A with the improved warheads very quick. I caused so much havoc for the defending team trying to take me out, it left B wide open for the rest of our team to arm. They never did blowup the tank I was in, thanks to the other engineers helping with repairs.

When attacking last night once we got the first set of objectives it was game over. The next two sets were easy. As defenders, the attackers never got past the first set of MCOM's.

sam007
07-08-2010, 04:33 PM
I missed out on the MP fun for this map.

Theres one MCOM, Alpha, forget which stage, (first maybe), but you can lob C4 through the window beside the concrete barriers and still do damage! Be sure to crouch, 6 sticks gives you 3 sets of damage points. Run into the room with only "one" way in and reload and do it all over again. Easy points if you can make into that building.

sam007
07-08-2010, 04:36 PM
on a separate note, any PS3 users have freezing issues with the new Rush map? I had it freeze twice on me last night with Beano after Curahee and Dinesdale left for the night.

TrojanTeacher
07-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Just played Atacama Desert on Rush last night. Gotta say...KICK ASS AA GUNS! Liked the map, but very very very very hectic.

Spike Forehand
07-09-2010, 07:17 PM
I see lots of potential for C4 ambushes for Port Valdez Conquest! :D Can't really get from Alpha to Bravo without traveling on paved roads, platinum C4 star here I come, hahaha

Pyro!!