PDA

View Full Version : War Room

dinsdale1978
07-09-2010, 11:28 AM
http://www.badcompany2.ea.com/war-room

I have yet to really dabble, but this could be the solution to having to make maps in Photoshop.

TrojanTeacher
07-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Oh, cool!

dinsdale1978
07-09-2010, 11:46 AM
I can't get it to display on my profile, but on the EA site it is listed under the My Soldier menu. Supposedly, one created your public strategies are able to be viewed on your profile page.

sniperella
07-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Sweet, Now, if I make one, can I show it to all my MP's?

ROFL, forgot to change from Megs account to mine. This is Lee.

imported_BigDaddyPine
07-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Awesome!! i love how close you can zoom in. ... now if we could only have a web based map that shows us our squad position in real time... hummm. :)

dinsdale1978
07-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Awesome!! i love how close you can zoom in. ... now if we could only have a web based map that shows us our squad position in real time... hummm. :)

Imagine if that was an iPhone app. How dorky would we be. I can imagine the wife walking by while I am checking my phone for virtual squad positions. =))

TrojanTeacher
07-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Wow, playing with this a bit more it seems really cool. I just can't seem to figure out how to delete things that I didn't want to put in there...hmmmm...

dinsdale1978
07-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Wow, playing with this a bit more it seems really cool. I just can't seem to figure out how to delete things that I didn't want to put in there...hmmmm...

I right clicked on a line and it went away. Not sure if that was the right way but it worked. lol

Toxic Avenger72
07-09-2010, 12:32 PM

try right clicking on the item you want to delete. worked for me.

TrojanTeacher
07-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Ah, see, I'm on a Mac with a "Mighty Mouse" (I don't like Mac's, but that's what they have at work). Anywho, someone needs to tell Apple that there is a thing called a 'right-click' button. Why won't they make a mouse with two buttons!

dinsdale1978
07-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Ah, see, I'm on a Mac with a "Mighty Mouse" (I don't like Mac's, but that's what they have at work). Anywho, someone needs to tell Apple that there is a thing called a 'right-click' button. Why won't they make a mouse with two buttons!

Does Ctrl-click work as right click. I don't use one but I am sure there is a more complex way than just adding a button to your mouse lol

TrojanTeacher
07-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Okay, I made one for Isla with Sniper positions being the topic. Red Lines mean defense shooting direction. Green Lines mean attacker shooting direction. If there is a Blue line leading to the target, then that is how to get there.

You're gonna have to search for the soldier name: TrojanTeacher. Then you're gonna click on "Pick Saved Strategy". Choose Sniper Spots. Let me know if it works.

ustolemygmrtag
07-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Okay, I made one for Isla with Sniper positions being the topic. Red Lines mean defense shooting direction. Green Lines mean attacker shooting direction. If there is a Blue line leading to the target, then that is how to get there.

You're gonna have to search for the soldier name: TrojanTeacher. Then you're gonna click on "Pick Saved Strategy". Choose Sniper Spots. Let me know if it works.

OK, I did it, got to your stratagy box, and it just keep on loading, never finished. I will try again later.

TrojanTeacher
07-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I get that too. It just loads and loads and loads. I'm able to see it, but not after I log out.

dinsdale1978
07-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Yeah still loading for me. I have seen one from another player that worked nicely. Who knows, maybe their servers are getting raped from everyone picking out their wookie nature trail routes.

ustolemygmrtag
07-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Yeah still loading for me. I have seen one from another player that worked nicely. Who knows, maybe their servers are getting raped from everyone picking out their wookie nature trail routes.
=)) =)) =)) :cheers: :)) :)) =)) =))

Spike Forehand
07-09-2010, 03:41 PM

Czech's gotta be hating this because now why would anyone pay him for his wookie huntig guide service - they can just follow the maps themselves.

imported_BigDaddyPine
07-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Hey Teach, I have a Mighty mouse on my mac at work and was having a tough time getting the right click to work on it... you have to literally life your left finger off the mouse, then right click. the plastic top of the mouse is touch sensitive and that is how it can tell which finger you are clicking with. CTRL+clicking is rock solid for me though when i dont feel like messing with the finicky right mouse button.
more right click solutions for the MM: http://www.macyourself.com/2009/02/01/solutions-for-fixing-a-mighty-mouse-that-wont-right-click-reliably/

TrojanTeacher
07-11-2010, 04:32 AM
I'm just gonna unplug it, use it as a paper weight, and use my PC mouse at work. Much simpler solution. :))

TrojanTeacher
07-11-2010, 04:33 AM
BTW, I just noticed Beano overtook Eternal. Wow! And here I thought I was catching up...

Spike Forehand
07-11-2010, 10:44 AM
BTW, I just noticed Beano overtook Eternal. Wow! And here I thought I was catching up...

I'm gonna take credit for that since I played the role of machine gunner in his tank last night. If it hadn't been for me, his tank woulda blowed up way before he got enough points to overtake Eternal. =p~ :p

Seriously - playing with Beeano is awesome. Learning a lot about how to handle a tank for sure. He and the other PS3 guys drag me to "Best Squad" pin over and over again night after night.

TrojanTeacher
07-11-2010, 01:17 PM
We need to bring 'em over to the XBOX side. \m/

dinsdale1978
07-12-2010, 09:04 AM

I'm gonna take credit for that since I played the role of machine gunner in his tank last night. If it hadn't been for me, his tank woulda blowed up way before he got enough points to overtake Eternal. =p~ :p

Seriously - playing with Beeano is awesome. Learning a lot about how to handle a tank for sure. He and the other PS3 guys drag me to "Best Squad" pin over and over again night after night.

We all had a hand in Beeano continuing to be awesome.

Raider
06-13-2011, 01:45 PM

To get a double-click reaction from the Mac mighty mouse, you just hold the click down a little longer and the box will pop up

sam007
06-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Is it too late to make strategies now? I figure we can practice now running a playbook and when BF3 comes out, we're firing on all cylinders. :devil:

REMEC87
06-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Is it too late to make strategies now? I figure we can practice now running a playbook and when BF3 comes out, we're firing on all cylinders. :devil:
I'm down with that! With BC2 the learning was so dramatic I start with a .4 KD Ratio.. It has taken a long while to make it almost positive. I would really like to fine tune our squad skills between now and release to avoid this happening again.

sam007
06-17-2011, 04:42 PM
I'm down with that! With BC2 the learning was so dramatic I start with a .4 KD Ratio.. It has taken a long while to make it almost positive. I would really like to fine tune our squad skills between now and release to avoid this happening again.

Hey Remec, this is how I dug myself out of a negative KDR

I started playing more aggressive, rather then sitting back and trying to pick people off, I went looking for them while using lightweight spec. Mind you my medic KDR is below 1.0 but that is expected for me since I rather revive and heal with that kit as primary goal.

I put my sensitivity back to default and worked my way up.

Also try running the recon kit without the main recon rifles and use it as an assault role with the aid of the motion mines. HUGE advantage when you can see which way they are pointing and you move accordingly.

The engineer kit, i find the SMG's are way more accurate then assault kit rifles. baffles me when i get killed or kill at distance with an SMG. They need to fix that for BF3 cause SMG are CQB weapons. That why everyone likes running with that kit!

Hope this helps.

PS, and stop running after your knifing victims. ;)

theczech99
06-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Best way to improve your KDR in BC2!

xMisFitToyx
06-17-2011, 05:07 PM

That happened to me twice last night...I got to eat a little crow..........twice I was chasing a set of dog tags and they stopped....I ran past them a little ....and BAM....I'm DEAD. #-o L-)

theczech99
06-17-2011, 05:34 PM

That happened to me twice last night...I got to eat a little crow..........twice I was chasing a set of dog tags and they stopped....I ran past them a little ....and BAM....I'm DEAD. #-o L-)
You never know when you are being watched chasing someone by a dude about to spawn on their teammate. The good thing is most randoms playing donít use their HS when with people they donít know.