View Full Version : C4 defense

07-11-2010, 12:20 PM
since every is posting offensive tactics, last night we had the C4 game played back into our faces and didn't really have a solution to the tactic.

All it takes is 1-2 players to attack (sneak through the lines) with C4 and there's nothing you can do besides get the trigger man before they detonate.

the one match, they were running in packs while we were all spread out, simple math of being out gunned, the smaller squad will lose.

solution, one squad member run recon by constantly throwing motion mines near the objective so they cannot sneak in. Have more guns in the area then the attackers. You know where the attackers need to go, why go around looking for them, which spreads the lines thin. If they are smart, they will counter our motion mines with their own, I would and have done it.

Since the action will be near the objective, might want to consider running a shoot gun cause of the power close in if you do decide to defend the MCOM.

It was annoying being C4'ed and knowing their tactics cause we do it all the time and not having everyone on the same page to fend them off.

Teach also mentioned it, C4 does not need to be ON the MCOM to do damage, it just does less. Something else to consider as to how to defend certain MCOM's

The game has changed since people started to C4 the MCOM for quick and easy points. They did it alot in BFBC1.

MCOM's which can be destroyed through Destruction 2.0, not really worth defending IMO, just need to focus on the ones which they need to get close in to either arm or C4.

07-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Yeah, and even though C4'ing an MCOM seems 'cheap', it is a commonly used strategy in common warfare, so I never really complain about it being done to us. I just try to figure out a way to stop it. Using the offensive tips that we've mentioned should give you a good idea of where these people are coming in from. Usually, I notice a lot of us MP XBOX'ers lay lots of C4 around the ground area near the MCOM. That way if someone yells out that they're getting close to the MCOM, someone just blows up all the areas around the MCOM and gets the kills.

Best defense against C4: Just sit tight and create a perimeter around the MCOM. I know it's boring, but if you really want to win, this is the perfect strategy.

07-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Defensive teams that like to rush forward and press the attack are just asking for C4 to be used against them. I prefer to sit back at one MCOM.

With 1 team you have 12 people and 3 squads. 1 squad at each MCOM with C4 just outside the MCOM so it causes no damage. 1 recon keeping watch and tossing motion mines. 1 assualt with a finger on the C4 button and dropping ammo for the motion mines. 1 medic guarding one door and able to drop kits or revive. And then either another assualt or engineer at the other door using a shotgun for quick up close take downs.

The 3rd squad can all run as recon and set up a perimeter killzone.
Individually you might not get many points, but the other team probably won't get through the first set of Mcom's either. And then you get to go and C4 the hell out of them!!

07-11-2010, 06:50 PM
I like retro's strategy suggestion as long as the defensive perimeter is not to close to the mcom. When we set defensive lines too close it is too easy for the attackers to use mortars or carl, etc to take out the defenders, and there is a lot to be said for harassing attackers as early as possible. The key defense against C4 is just to be vigilant. When running it offensively, I've found it works best when the defenders are pushing really far forward or running to disarm the other mcom. As long as someone is always watching the mcom, it still takes time to set c4, and defenders can still get the attacker before he or she pulls the trigger. The most important thing is not to leave the mcom to someone else which usually does not happen when I play with MPs but you see it all the time when lone wolfing. And, when you leave the mcom to someone else when attackers are running c4, you might as well just give up.