PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Weapons

ProfUnderDog
07-16-2010, 08:19 PM
After bronze, how many of you will use a weapon to get the next points for silver, gold, and platinum? I ask because I am 100 kills away from platinum with the M60, but the idea of running around with the M60 is really not that interesting. I already have 2 platinum weapons (even if one is the Bradley), so I don't need it for the insignias. What would you do? Do you have a weapon that is close to the next level, but you would prefer not to use it?

TrojanTeacher
07-17-2010, 05:17 AM
I would get the platinum. 10K pts is niiiiiiice.

Toxic Avenger72
07-17-2010, 07:18 AM
Go for it!

Onepoint
07-17-2010, 08:37 PM
100 kills? I'm am not all that interested in stats, but that's so close it would just feel like something left undone not to finish it off.

jkodrigues
07-18-2010, 03:56 AM
i started to play with diferent weapons now to try and get the platinum medals,i already have 3 and the 10k are always good and welcome

MrBlitzer72
07-21-2010, 05:23 PM
I love to plat different items and guns...plus, I need all the 10k's i can get to keep up with Teach having to much free time! (jk)

~Blitz

TrojanTeacher
07-22-2010, 01:06 AM
Two more days and I'm on a 1 1/2 month vacation!!! Just Platinum'd the An-94! Need about 140 more to Platinum the UMP-45! Then I'll start the M416.

SlapLaB
07-22-2010, 03:31 AM
Mmm I'm still looking for my first platinum... :-o

Which ones you think are the quickest?
Obviously it depends on your playing style, but for example the heavy vehicle one is relatively easy...

jkodrigues
07-22-2010, 06:32 AM
Mmm I'm still looking for my first platinum... :-o

Which ones you think are the quickest?
Obviously it depends on your playing style, but for example the heavy vehicle one is relatively easy...
for me i think the an-94 is the best gun for my stile of play and was prety easy to get the platinum,but it always depends on your stile of play

TrojanTeacher
07-22-2010, 10:23 AM
For me, my first Platinum was the M246 SAW. I LOVE that machine gun. Since you're a medic, you tend to keep yourself alive more often than not. The AN-94 is a sweet, sweet weapon. I also like the M416, but I'm working on that one right now to get my 1K kills. You hardly ever lose in a fire fight with that gun. Sniper weapons take the longest, but if you play hardcore a lot, then you'll get it faster. I have my M-24 done, but my M95 is nearing 500 kills. If you want to use the sniper rifles but not camp, then use the Red-Dot sight as you run and gun, it's super effective.

TrojanTeacher
07-22-2010, 11:30 AM
BTW, has anyone noticed that the C4, Grenades, Vehicle, and Knife Platinum medals aren't counted in the Platinum star count? That's weird. :-?

CELockwood
07-22-2010, 12:45 PM
BTW, has anyone noticed that the C4, Grenades, Vehicle, and Knife Platinum medals aren't counted in the Platinum star count? That's weird. :-?

I sure didn't know that. Do you know if they count toward the get two platinum stars insignia?

My second is coming down to a race between the xm8 and the knife, and after playing with the an94 I was thinking of switching guns for a while, but if the knife doesn't count, I will probably finish out the xm8.

TrojanTeacher
07-22-2010, 01:09 PM
I don't think you can double up on Platinum stars. I've seen people with over 3,000 kills with guns and they just have a platinum X1 on their stats. I have the M24, M246 SAW, M60, AN-94, SCAR-L, C-4, Knife, Grenades, and USAS-12 at Platinum, but my stats only show 6 Platinum stars. I don't think it counts the C-4, Knife, grenades, and now I notice not even the vehicle platinum star. You DO get the 10K points, but you DON'T get the mention on your stats signature. :((

DayliteMag
07-22-2010, 01:17 PM
Dumb NooB question (as per usual), but how many kills do you need to get a Platnium Star? I guess by asking the question it is pretty obvious that I don't have any. L-) I think I am at 498 kills on the M60.

jkodrigues
07-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Dumb NooB question (as per usual), but how many kills do you need to get a Platnium Star? I guess by asking the question it is pretty obvious that I don't have any. L-) I think I am at 498 kills on the M60.
1000 kills will get platinum in normal weapons

TrojanTeacher
07-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Knives and Grenades are 500 kills to Platinum. As a matter of fact, all gadget weapons are 500 to Platinum. As JK said, the rest are 1K kills...or if you FedEx me a Snapple Slushie I'll give you one of mine. :hug:

DayliteMag
07-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Knives and Grenades are 500 kills to Platinum. As a matter of fact, all gadget weapons are 500 to Platinum. As JK said, the rest are 1K kills...

So, basically what you are saying is that I will never get a platinum star. Good to know, good to know.

[FYI, just called FedEx and a six pack o' snapple is currently chillin' in the freezer.]

CELockwood
07-22-2010, 02:13 PM

Daylite, I've seen you drive a tank, and am betting you've got platinum on the heavy vehicles.

DayliteMag
07-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Daylite, I've seen you drive a tank, and am betting you've got platinum on the heavy vehicles.

Oh, hey, look at that! I guess you're right! I clicked on my own signature graphic and it says I have a combined heavy vehicle kill count of 1001! I think the stat site is slightly out of date, but it looks like I actually do have a platinum star afterall (luckily they count the aggregate of all kills for all heavy vehicles...'cuz I ain't anywhere close to 1000 kills with any individual tank :D ). Thanks!

theczech99
07-26-2010, 12:39 PM
FYI
Once you get a platinum star with a weapon it might best if you stop using it and start working on another type of gun. I thought that when I hit 2000 kills with my M60 I would get a second platinum star but it did not happen.
:((

theczech99
07-26-2010, 12:42 PM
I don't think you can double up on Platinum stars. I've seen people with over 3,000 kills with guns and they just have a platinum X1 on their stats. I have the M24, M246 SAW, M60, AN-94, SCAR-L, C-4, Knife, Grenades, and USAS-12 at Platinum, but my stats only show 6 Platinum stars. I don't think it counts the C-4, Knife, grenades, and now I notice not even the vehicle platinum star. You DO get the 10K points, but you DON'T get the mention on your stats signature. :((
I found this out over the weekend and it sucks. Once you hit platinmum there are no more points to earn with that weapon.

ustolemygmrtag
07-26-2010, 01:55 PM
I found this out over the weekend and it sucks. Once you hit platinmum there are no more points to earn with that weapon.
Yeah, i hate that. you should be able to continue with platinums at least. Exspecially since the exp required to lvl at the higher rankes is a little rediculous.

TrojanTeacher
07-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Well, once you pass level 42, the amount required starts to drop.