PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever tried ______?

theczech99
07-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Have you ever tried throwing C4 from the helicopter while riding as a passenger? Iíve used grenades and shot rockets from the helicopter but never C4.

Retro
07-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Have you ever tried throwing C4 from the helicopter while riding as a passenger? Iíve used grenades and shot rockets from the helicopter but never C4.
YES! But be careful. The one time I did it we were on Isle Inocentes and the chopper was circling the first island. I threw all 6 sticks of C4 out in a perimeter of mcom A. However I failed to notice 1 or 2 sticks never made it out of the chopper. So when I triggered it, I killed myself, the chopper and the 3 other guys in the chopper. I did however get a double kill and objective damage too. But still an EPIC fail.

theczech99
07-27-2010, 02:57 PM
YES! But be careful. The one time I did it we were on Isle Inocentes and the chopper was circling the first island. I threw all 6 sticks of C4 out in a perimeter of mcom A. However I failed to notice 1 or 2 sticks never made it out of the chopper. So when I triggered it, I killed myself, the chopper and the 3 other guys in the chopper. I did however get a double kill and objective damage too. But still an EPIC fail.
Thatís what I was wondering, if the C4 would hit the ground or stick to the helicopter.
So I guess if I try this it would be best to bail out of the helicopter then trigger the C4.

sniperella
07-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Yeah, and share the info with your team mates, otherwise you will have 3 other people hunting you down on your own team! :))

TrojanTeacher
07-28-2010, 01:37 AM
Never chucked the C4, but I've done the rocket and grenade thing.

dinsdale1978
07-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Yeah you can do some mad bombing with a couple of Assault in the back of the chopper. Mines don't seem to work as well anymore. There is also a few second delay from throwing the C4 until when it hits.

I wonder if you can park the chopper near a busted tank and use the wrench without getting out. Hehe.

Do supply boxes and medkits also fall out of the chopper?

We need to try these out soon.

theczech99
07-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Do supply boxes and medkits also fall out of the chopper?

We need to try these out soon.
Every time Iíve dropped an ammo box in a helicopter it falls out. I donít know if there is a sweet spot to place it in to keep the ammo box in the helicopter. I will be online tonight. My wife went by the house today for lunch and said someone from AT&T was there replacing the box my fiber optic lines run through. He said the storm that went through on Monday killed about 100 boxes in my neighborhood.

ellison81
08-01-2010, 10:31 PM
You have to throw it into the helicopter. Look down and to the front as far as you can. Then throw it. It looks like it sticks on the floor but it then just slides out. And out the bottom it goes. If you throw it out as you would with shooting a rocket you will suicide or blow the helicopter up in hc. There are youtube videos on it.

Ty

ustolemygmrtag
08-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Last night I knifed a wookie. He waa putting c4 on the end of an rpg. I shot the engineer before he got the shot off. Now i am couriouse as to if it will really work. :-?

sholomo
09-08-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm new to the Jihad thing, so forgive my ignorance.

Can you stick C4 to people? What about on their weapon? (OK I see RPG, but I'm thinking suicide bomber)

Also, If all these people are going to suicide their chopper, why not stick C4 to it first? (honestly, what are the chances of someone shooting it)

DayliteMag
09-08-2010, 12:28 PM

Can you stick C4 to people? What about on their weapon? (OK I see RPG, but I'm thinking suicide bomber)

Also, If all these people are going to suicide their chopper, why not stick C4 to it first? (honestly, what are the chances of someone shooting it)

Hey Sholomo, I think it's fair to say that the MP Team have become past masters at C4 tactics. In fact, we have an entire thread dedicated to just that subject. As far as I know you cannot stick C4 to a player and have them run into an MCOMM - although the idea gives me goose bumps and makes me want to try it, like right now! As I see it there are really three main C4 tactics (other than throwing C4 right on an MCOM):

1. C4 on a UAV: stick as many bricks of C4 onto a UAV as possible (12 or more is best, but any number will do damage). The "pilot" flies the UAV over to the MCOM and lands on top or directly beside and then gives the order to "blow". The other teammate(s) who set the C4 on the UAV all hit their detonators at the same time and "Kaboom"...no more MCOM. There isn't any great defence to this tactic other than having a sniper take out the UAV Pilot or shoot down the UAV before it reaches the MCOM (any half decent UAV pilot should be able to make it to the MCOM without losing the UAV)

2. ATV-Jihad, FTW!!! This one is a bit trickier but can be effective on the "right" MCOM. Just load C4 onto an ATV and drive it right up to an MCOM then hit the detonator. You can do this one solo or with teammates by having them load up the ATV before you make your run. BTW, this one works really well on RUSH Atacama Desert. The best defence to this tactic is to lay mines around the MCOM (but don't put them too close or the explosion from the ATV hitting them will damage the MCOM). Its' also loads of fun to see the bodies going flying through the air after they hit your mines. :D This same tactic can be used with a Humvee or whatever you call those little humvees.

3. Heli-C4: Same technic as #2 but load up a heli and land it on the MCOM. I haven't personally had much luck with this one as it takes me too long to land and I'm not a great pilot. When I have tried this one I usually get blown up before I can land on the MCOM, or I miss the MCOM and land upside down in a ditch.

I think that's about it, but others will probably add to the discussion.

CELockwood
09-08-2010, 12:56 PM

Hey Sholomo, I think it's fair to say that the MP Team have become past masters at C4 tactics. In fact, we have an entire thread dedicated to just that subject. As far as I know you cannot stick C4 to a player and have them run into an MCOMM - although the idea gives me goose bumps and makes me want to try it, like right now! As I see it there are really three main C4 tactics (other than throwing C4 right on an MCOM):

1. C4 on a UAV: stick as many bricks of C4 onto a UAV as possible (12 or more is best, but any number will do damage). The "pilot" flies the UAV over to the MCOM and lands on top or directly beside and then gives the order to "blow". The other teammate(s) who set the C4 on the UAV all hit their detonators at the same time and "Kaboom"...no more MCOM. There isn't any great defence to this tactic other than having a sniper take out the UAV Pilot or shoot down the UAV before it reaches the MCOM (any half decent UAV pilot should be able to make it to the MCOM without losing the UAV)

2. ATV-Jihad, FTW!!! This one is a bit trickier but can be effective on the "right" MCOM. Just load C4 onto an ATV and drive it right up to an MCOM then hit the detonator. You can do this one solo or with teammates by having them load up the ATV before you make your run. BTW, this one works really well on RUSH Atacama Desert. The best defence to this tactic is to lay mines around the MCOM (but don't put them too close or the explosion from the ATV hitting them will damage the MCOM). Its' also loads of fun to see the bodies going flying through the air after they hit your mines. :D This same tactic can be used with a Humvee or whatever you call those little humvees.

3. Heli-C4: Same technic as #2 but load up a heli and land it on the MCOM. I haven't personally had much luck with this one as it takes me too long to land and I'm not a great pilot. When I have tried this one I usually get blown up before I can land on the MCOM, or I miss the MCOM and land upside down in a ditch.

I think that's about it, but others will probably add to the discussion.

The ATV's with C4 are also particularly effective tank busters. God this annoys me when it happens to me, but it's darn effective and I've done it a few times on Atacama and Laguna Alta. Load with one or two sticks, drive at tank, jump off, push button, watch tank die.

The heli c4 can be devastating. Like Daylight, I really haven't tried it much, and it must be harder than it looks because you don't see it very often, but it can work. As I said on here before, I played in one match on Isla where the team blew the first set of mcom's using c4 on both heli's and it took all of 30 seconds.

Spike Forehand
09-12-2010, 08:43 PM
The best thing I have seen is what me and Currahee were doing the other night.

I was running engineer with mines and the extra ammo pack, while Currahee was running C4. We would run in, I would drop all 6 mines around the MCOM, and then Currahee would put C4 on the MCOM. Currahee runs out and hides, I set the MCOM and hide in the corner, and then Currahee runs out, and I let him know when to blow it when the enemy comes in. Instant MCOM destruction.

sholomo
09-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Instead of dropping all he C4 on the MCOM, drop one and make a line through the house with the rest. You'll still get the MCOM as well as kills for anyone in the whole house.

ustolemygmrtag
09-14-2010, 05:13 PM
I found this, looks very promising.

[yt:149mf3az]g4gSgLV-LXE[/yt:149mf3az]

DayliteMag
09-14-2010, 07:07 PM
I found this, looks very promising.

I love this guy! I've watched this video at least three times and find him hilarious. I have no idea if the technic will actually work, or not. Perhaps if we end up having our "Myth Buster" night we can try it out.

ustolemygmrtag
09-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I like his attitude. :)) And we will try this Friday Night. I will not forget. I promise. :-" The only reason I would miss is if my favorite thing came up. :-?

BTW, I am experimenting with the Sig creator. Getting better. Now, I just have to get the Color codes right. They are not HTML codes. I wonder what code structure they use for the colors?

Toxic Avenger72
09-15-2010, 08:53 AM
BTW, I am experimenting with the Sig creator. Getting better. Now, I just have to get the Color codes right. They are not HTML codes. I wonder what code structure they use for the colors?

Looking good. Which creator are you using? The one on bfbcs.com? I know nothing about code (how to read it or use it) and am not about to attempt it.