PDA

View Full Version : Madden 11

theczech99
08-06-2010, 01:43 PM
I donít buy new sports games every year when the new ones come out. Since I do not have any football games for my PS3 yet I went ahead and preordered Madden 11. This will probably be the only football game I ever purchase for my PS3 unless other MPs purchase Madden for some online competition each year.

theczech99
08-06-2010, 01:50 PM
I donít buy new sports games every year when the new ones come out. Since I do not have any football games for my PS3 yet I went ahead and preordered Madden 11. This will probably be the only football game I ever purchase for my PS3 unless other MPs purchase Madden for some online competition each year.

With you on this as well... i purchased last years and i'm good till the next Playstation comes out. I do that with all sports game.. I don't get suckered into this having to have the latest and greatest.. I have a guy i work with and he's bought every madden game since 97 and NHL since 2000... hell no will i ever do that...
I have a friend that does the same with sports games. He buys every sports game every year. He probably thinks Iím crazy for buying all the shooter games when they come out every year.

Retro
08-06-2010, 02:00 PM
I own EVERY Madden game going back to the original for the Apple II.

So yes, I will be getting it.

Bongtoker A2
08-09-2010, 01:23 PM
I am sure I will be buying Madden this year as I always do but, I just read the review on ign and I am not to happy about some of the things I read. First off I am a huge madden fan I always buy the game every year, last year was the first time I kind of felt like they got lazy with it. The only thing they added last year was the pro-tak system "gang tackles" and to me this was not a very big deal at all, yes it added to the game play but, it should have been part of the game a long time of go. Now ign says no changes to franchise mode or build a superstar mode and this makes me so mad. The only thing they worked on this year was making the game easier for non-football people to play. What about the football fans who have bought the game for the last 10 20 years. The franchise mode had more to it 10 years ago on the ps2 and first xbox. EA's greed is ruining my favorite game and I am so fucking pissed. Rant over.

Retro
08-09-2010, 01:38 PM
I am sure I will be buying Madden this year as I always do but, I just read the review on ign and I am not to happy about some of the things I read. First off I am a huge madden fan I always buy the game every year, last year was the first time I kind of felt like they got lazy with it. The only thing they added last year was the pro-tak system "gang tackles" and to me this was not a very big deal at all, yes it added to the game play but, it should have been part of the game a long time of go. Now ign says no changes to franchise mode or build a superstar mode and this makes me so mad. The only thing they worked on this year was making the game easier for non-football people to play. What about the football fans who have bought the game for the last 10 20 years. The franchise mode had more to it 10 years ago on the ps2 and first xbox. EA's greed is ruining my favorite game and I am so **** pissed. Rant over.
The gameplay is better this year compared to last, the made alot of gameplay improvements. They did nothing to offline franchise or superstar, but thankfully they removed the terrible "Extra Point" presentation crap.

It feels alot like NCAA in terms of play. The head of development put in a blog a few months ago that the major overhaul will not happen until Madden 12. That game will see major changes in franchise and superstar then. I'd be ok with that if EA wasn't charging full price this year since it's basically a patch for last years game. Charge $30 this year, not full pop.

Retro
08-09-2010, 01:46 PM
I personally feel that sports games and many of them are starting to end their room for improvement.. They can improve graphics and looks but as far as tweaking game modes and the such i think are just becoming less and less and now EA and others have to pick a few improvements to give them a reason to continue putting out the game and not lose their hitch on that money train...
The same can be said of alot of games today. Look at shooters, they are all basically the same. Yes we all have our favourites, but the differences are not really that big. Most of the controls are exactly the same for all shooters. Most FPS games in the last few years are essentially map upgrades.

I've only really played a hand full of games in the last decade that were both solid games and completely different from what was already available. Mass Effect, Fallout 3 and Shadow of The Colossus.

The only thing I look for now is presentation value, which both FPS and Shooters can improve on with each release. NBA 2K10 in my mind is the sports title that sets the bar for all other sports games with it's gameplay, features and presentation. It's the complete package, that even some FPS and RPG developers could take a cue from.