PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Tactics

theczech99
08-10-2010, 01:06 PM
When flying the helicopters you may have noticed that the maps open up to accommodate flying. I have been using this to my advantage by landing in these areas that are hard to hit with stationary weapons. I will find a flat area up high to land with one of the mini guns facing the action and start firing. There have been times when Iíve got Borlaxed into playing by myself. This is the best time to use this tactic because no one will spawn on you and start flying off in your strategically placed weapon or stealing your gunner spot (REMEC) before you can take it. If you are in a squad itís best to tell them what you are doing and not to spawn on you. If they do spawn on you and jump out of the helicopter they will be out of bounds and my not make it back in before they die.

CELockwood
08-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Nice. I had not noticed this, though it explains some of my rather quick deaths when jumping from a copter under fire.

dinsdale1978
08-10-2010, 01:39 PM
There's an area on Atacama Rush, near the last set of stations to the right that you can fly really low and snake in by the crane. It's out of bounds to infantry but you can try and Airwolf yourself in there.

Beano
08-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Dinsdale tried out a new tactic last night. He took a helicopter alone and flew up real high. He said he was going to try to then jump into the gunner seat and jump back into the pilot seat before the chopper hit the ground. Well..... Let's just say dinsdale made a huge smoking crater in the ground. Best laugh of the night for me. So this tactic has been put on hold for further review.

theczech99
08-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Dinsdale tried out a new tactic last night. He took a helicopter alone and flew up real high. He said he was going to try to then jump into the gunner seat and jump back into the pilot seat before the chopper hit the ground. Well..... Let's just say dinsdale made a huge smoking crater in the ground. Best laugh of the night for me. So this tactic has been put on hold for further review.
I hate that I missed that one. I hope to be on a little later than last night to join a full MP squad.

I have successfully changed from pilot to gunner and someone else to pilot without landing. This works great when the engineer is flying and needs to repair the helicopter without landing.

REMEC87
08-10-2010, 02:22 PM
When flying the helicopters you may have noticed that the maps open up to accommodate flying. I have been using this to my advantage by landing in these areas that are hard to hit with stationary weapons. I will find a flat area up high to land with one of the mini guns facing the action and start firing. There have been times when Iíve got Borlaxed into playing by myself. This is the best time to use this tactic because no one will spawn on you and start flying off in your strategically placed weapon or stealing your gunner spot (REMEC) before you can take it. If you are in a squad itís best to tell them what you are doing and not to spawn on you. If they do spawn on you and jump out of the helicopter they will be out of bounds and my not make it back in before they die.

It's always me messing with your strategies, eh? I think it all started when you were playing isla when i first joined the MPs and you were trying to get your naval pin. I unknowingly spawned on you and drove off with you in tow...or perhaps last night when we were both C4ing an mcomm on laguna and you said "wait" just as i hit my c4, killing you instantly...LMAO! And, yes i remember the heli incident too....

However, I find it hard to believe that I am the first promblemed playmate that you have had in your lifetime....i wouldn't be surprised if on the first day of school your mom informed the teachers, "Czech doesn't play well with others..." :P

:)) =)) :))

:cheers: to foiling your plans of BC2 domination!

theczech99
08-10-2010, 02:42 PM
It's always me messing with your strategies, eh? I think it all started when you were playing isla when i first joined the MPs and you were trying to get your naval pin. I unknowingly spawned on you and drove off with you in tow...or perhaps last night when we were both C4ing an mcomm on laguna and you said "wait" just as i hit my c4, killing you instantly...LMAO! And, yes i remember the heli incident too....

I didnít remember that was you driving off on the PWC while I was sniping from the back of it. Things like that are funny!!!

By the way Iím looking at your new avatar photo through the UAV cam and youíre right it does make you look fat. =))

REMEC87
08-10-2010, 04:00 PM

I didnít remember that was you driving off on the PWC while I was sniping from the back of it. Things like that are funny!!!

By the way Iím looking at your new avatar photo through the UAV cam and youíre right it does make you look fat. =))

I'm not fat! I am horizontally challenged!

dinsdale1978
08-10-2010, 06:05 PM

It didn't show the seats in the back on the HUD so I thought it was only a two-seater. I still think I could have made it. I will try it again and may even try it with th side mounted guns. Hahahahahahahaha.

theczech99
06-20-2011, 07:42 AM
I just learned over the weekend that when flying the attack helicopters the gunnerís alt fire is a tracer. This should be used with the pilotís alt fire so the hellfire missile will lock onto targets. Does anyone know how the heck you get the hellfire missile to lock onto the tracers that have been planted?

theczech99
06-20-2011, 08:11 AM
I found a good video about the hellfire missiles but I canít link it. If someone else can itís under Youtube ďTactics Guide #3 Heli Hellfire Missiles Bad Company 2Ē Very good stuff on this video. Could help us become better chopper whores.
See if this works
[yt:xqfvweaa]L7h2VZKMxRY[/yt:xqfvweaa]

sam007
06-20-2011, 08:37 AM
I've seen this before, I can't even hover still let alone get that little cross hair onto the red square, but its good to know for our soon to be whores. =))

theczech99
06-20-2011, 08:46 AM
I've seen this before, I can't even hover still let alone get that little cross hair onto the red square, but its good to know for our soon to be whores. =))
Iíll test it out with some onslaught when I get home from work today.

Sup3rman
06-20-2011, 09:07 AM
I'll give this a try as well. I heard Beano said to change your air stick control to BC1 as it was easier for him..It might have work for him but I'm having a hard time with it.

TrojanTeacher
06-20-2011, 01:12 PM
WHOA!!! You can trace as a gunner on the chopper using secondary fire perks? WOW!!! Instant chopper upgrade for me. Cooooool!

sam007
06-20-2011, 01:35 PM
I doubt Dice intended the choppers to be used the way they are by the whores since this is a team based game. Flying around in a circle killing anything in sight is hardly playing with the team.

What we need is a FO (forward observer) to trace armour with darts and the chopper just sits back, for those who are not so good at flying that is.

theczech99
06-20-2011, 01:44 PM
I doubt Dice intended the choppers to be used the way they are by the whores since this is a team based game. Flying around in a circle killing anything in sight is hardly playing with the team.

What we need is a FO (forward observer) to trace armour with darts and the chopper just sits back, for those who are not so good at flying that is.
I'm going to be a jet whore in BF3! ;)

sam007
06-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Fine, I'll just use my legs since everyone is gonna take all the vehicles. :((

TrojanTeacher
06-21-2011, 09:20 AM

I'm going to be a jet whore in BF3! ;)

+1

CELockwood
06-21-2011, 11:02 AM
I'll give this a try as well. I heard Beano said to change your air stick control to BC1 as it was easier for him..It might have work for him but I'm having a hard time with it.

I tried this as well, but honestly feel like the BC2 standard controls are more intuitive so I changed back.

TrojanTeacher
06-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Did what the video said last night with LandShark and WOW!!! We pwn3d!

theczech99
06-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Did what the video said last night with LandShark and WOW!!! We pwn3d!
Weíve all been playing for over a year and just figured this out. What else do we not know about this game? Congrats on becoming a chopper whore!!!

TrojanTeacher
06-21-2011, 02:38 PM
I use to try to aim the missed by allowing it's crest to lead it to it's target. Of course, I was using the equation s(o)=0.5at^2+v(o)t+s to quickly figure it out. ;)

xMisFitToyx
06-21-2011, 03:13 PM
I use to try to aim the missed by allowing it's crest to lead it to it's target. Of course, I was using the equation s(o)=0.5at^2+v(o)t+s to quickly figure it out. ;)

I find this equation works for ALL situations... ( . Y . ) ..... :D

Sometimes this equation also works... (.)(.)

I know....I'm going to hell for this... :devil:

sam007
06-21-2011, 03:40 PM
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))