PDA

View Full Version : What did you watch on the TV last night?

Pages : [1] 2

TonkaToys
08-11-2010, 06:40 AM
I saw a programme called "Madness on the Motorway" which I thought would probably be one of those cops chasing stupid drivers shows. Not quite.
It started with 2 Swedish Twins walking down the middle of a motorway (freeway) and the police bringing them to the side for safety - the police happen to have a TV crew with them. So far, so meh.

Suddenly one of them leaps out in front of a lorry (truck) and goes under the wheels. :-o Then her sister leaps headfirst into a car doing 50-70mph!

The truck twin is still alive, but "her legs have exploded" according to the policeman. She starts clawing, spitting and punching the policeman who is trying to help her. The other twin is out cold, but as she regains conciousness she punches the policewoman helping her in the face and jumps across the central barrier into oncoming traffic. Eventually she is wrestled to the ground by 6 blokes and sedated.

Neither of them have any drugs or other substances in their blood. The truck twin is taken to hospital for treatment, the other twin is arrested and released after a day (another fine example of the British legal system :cuss: ).

She talks a complete stranger into giving her a bed for the night, then stabs him to death. She proceeds to walk away with a club hammer smashing herself in the head. A passerby grabs the hammer off her (not realising that she'd just killed someone) so she smacks him in the head with a roof tile she happens to be carrying! Paramedics arrive to help her (again they don't know she is a killer) so she runs away and jumps off a road bridge onto a busy A-road (fast road) breaking both her ankles and fracturing her skull.

She is arrested and taken to court. A prosecution and defence psychiatrist both decide she is sane, so both claim she had some sort of temporary insanity. She refuses to say anything or explain anything so is jailed for manslaughter (5 years). Her sister goes back to live in the US.

WTF!

[yt:3l0xhozv]_npoP7x5p0Q[/yt:3l0xhozv]

Major Stains
08-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Yeah Tonka. My brother had told me the 1st part of the story last year. So when I saw it come on, I couldn't resist watching it.
OMFG... Unless you see it, you cannot believe it. If they isolate that gene, they could make human terminators!!!
Un*******believable.
I missed shootytime because of it tho'

johnboy
08-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Stains, don't think you'd have missed much shooty time, servers were down most of yesterday. I watched some of that as well. It was just fucking weird! 5 years for murder + assault and putting many motorists lives at risk is a fucking joke. She'll not even serve half of that! I also watched The 'boring' Bill before that and random stuff on Discovery and Nat Geo afterwards. Can't wait to get my SKY HD ordered next month.

Law
08-11-2010, 08:26 AM
is that even real???
The police just happened to have a camera crew with them?//

very disturbing situation if it's real

TonkaToys
08-11-2010, 08:43 AM
is that even real???
The police just happened to have a camera crew with them?//

very disturbing situation if it's real

Very real mate. The police had a camera crew with them exactly because they were doing one of those cops chasing stupid drivers shows.

Jackie R
08-11-2010, 08:48 AM
Holy crap! That's pretty messed up! :-o

Trez
08-11-2010, 08:59 AM
That's some heinous shit. So who watched a sit com? :))

johnboy
08-11-2010, 09:04 AM
The police always seem to have camera crews with them these days. Nearly every channel seems to have their own take on a 'chasing stupid motorist and/or criminal show' show.

=T4NUKI=
08-11-2010, 10:52 AM
I was watching season 1 of Mad Men on DVD with the wife......damn that Kristina Hendricks is smokin'hot !

Borlaxx
08-11-2010, 10:53 AM
I watched me and my brother lay waste to some Nazi Zombies! :devil:

Trez
08-11-2010, 10:54 AM
We watched the latest episode of True Blood and Project Runway also.

Raider
08-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Project runway, ahh, my wife kills me with that show and all the other shows on BRAVO. The only show that I have any interest in on that channel is Top Chef. I haven't even really been watching that this season because the group of characters for this season is pretty weak.

Trez
08-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Project runway, ahh, my wife kills me with that show and all the other shows on BRAVO.
It's on Lifetime now. L-) :))

The only show that I have any interest in on that channel is Top Chef. I haven't even really been watching that this season because the group of characters for this season is pretty weak.
I like Top Chef too. I agree the chefs don't have much personality, but I'm invested.

Borlaxx
08-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Tonight I will be watching one of my guilty pleasures, the season finale to So You Think You Can Dance. My wife and I watched the first three seasons every week, but stopped watching until this season. I used to think dancing was kind of, well, gay, but some of the routines on that show are amazing, all the people are amazing athletes, and it doesn't hurt that the females on the show are SUPER HOT! :x Lauren and Anya :x

RATA MUERTA
08-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Yesterday was WIPEOUT, which is awesome. Now tonight I will have to be content with Ghost Hunters International, it isn't as good as the regular GH which is on in the fall, but they go to some cool creepy places.

Borlaxx
08-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Yesterday was WIPEOUT, which is awesome. Now tonight I will have to be content with Ghost Hunters International, it isn't as good as the regular GH which is on in the fall, but they go to some cool creepy places.
LOL! I love WIPEOUT, and so does my son, but it is nowhere near as good as Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MXC)!

[yt:a3v51sfe]anpAcJ848j8[/yt:a3v51sfe]

Law
08-11-2010, 02:14 PM

Yeah, Wipeout ...FTW!!!!!!

TrojanTeacher
08-11-2010, 02:16 PM
MXC is sooooo good because of all the sexual innuendos, but Wipeout has some pretty funny moments. Like the door opening stunt, OMG, laugh soooo hard during those things.

Major Stains
08-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Tonight the wife is watching a documentary, where a couple with 4 sons swap with a couple with 4 daughters to see how they all interact.
So I am upstairs on the Mac watching the footy via www.tvcatchup.com (http://www.tvcatchup.com) (very useful for brits- free tv streamed 2 seconds later).
But mainly posting on the best forum in the world (IMO) and waiting to get on for some shootytime if the servers are up and running. :)

Raider
08-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Project runway, ahh, my wife kills me with that show and all the other shows on BRAVO.
It's on Lifetime now. L-) :))

Was it not on BRAVO at one point?

RATA MUERTA
08-11-2010, 05:31 PM
LOL! I love WIPEOUT, and so does my son, but it is nowhere near as good as Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MXC)!

Oh I am quite familiar with MXC, Wipeout is only funnier because it's Americans running the course.........and big balls :)) .

CB-40
08-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Been watching recorded episodes of The Glades, a new series on A&E. Good show!

TonkaToys
08-12-2010, 04:19 AM
Tonight the wife is watching a documentary, where a couple with 4 sons swap with a couple with 4 daughters to see how they all interact.
So I am upstairs on the Mac watching the footy via http://www.tvcatchup.com (very useful for brits- free tv streamed 2 seconds later).
But mainly posting on the best forum in the world (IMO) and waiting to get on for some shootytime if the servers are up and running. :)

That documentary was nearly inflicted on me too, but managed to swerve it and do a little shooty-shooty... well more get shot-get shot

TonkaToys
08-12-2010, 04:22 AM

What season is True Blood up to now?

As usual in the UK we get 1 or 2 seasons of a great US show, and then it gets bought out by Sky (pay-tv). Oh well... no more Sookey for me.

Trez
08-12-2010, 06:39 AM

What season is True Blood up to now?

As usual in the UK we get 1 or 2 seasons of a great US show, and then it gets bought out by Sky (pay-tv). Oh well... no more Sookey for me.

Season 3, which is much better than Season 2! :D

"Sookie is hot! Snooki is not!" -- [MP]Trez

johnboy
08-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Just watched T3, rise of the machines. Not seen it for a few years, its the only Terminator film the wife has seen and she quite enjoyed it. Pity she didn't get to watch it tonight, early night for her. I really like all the Terminator films.

TonkaToys
08-24-2010, 07:55 AM
Terminator 2 is better imho... although the T3 babe is pretty hot.

EDIT: do you know if they are continuing the latest series of films?

Trez
08-24-2010, 08:06 AM
I never saw T3. I still want to. Terminator Salvation was pretty epic IMO. Great movie! I don't know if they're continuing the series. The Terminator TV series on Fox was pretty good too.

Raider
08-24-2010, 10:04 AM
I watched the movie "the Losers" last night. Entertaining for sure.

oscarthegrouch71
08-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Watched the original "Halloween" with my son and some of his mates..... they then slept in a tent in the garden..... I'd forgotten how scary that film is...... x_x

Beano
08-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Stuck in a hotel all day yesterday I watched a marathon of Pawn Stars. Not sure why but I think I really like that show. That chumlee guy cracks me up. Now after the marathon ended I watched a show called operation repo. I quickly thought that this show is staged. I mean the fights look very fake with bad actors. Anyone else watch this stuff?

Borlaxx
08-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Stuck in a hotel all day yesterday I watched a marathon of Pawn Stars. Not sure why but I think I really like that show. That chumlee guy cracks me up. Now after the marathon ended I watched a show called operation repo. I quickly thought that this show is staged. I mean the fights look very fake with bad actors. Anyone else watch this stuff?
Operation Repo is completely scripted. It even says somewhere when the show starts that the stuff you see is "based" on real incidents, although I even doubt that claim. You are right, the acting is horrible. One of the worst scripted "reality" TV shows on the air, after the Bachelor and all those other bullshit dating shows.

I love Pawn Stars. I like seeing what is brought into the store as often it is historically significant or just bizarre. Even then, I think that show is scripted to an extent as they always seem to know what is coming into the store before it actually comes in.

Another show that is similar but can be hit and miss is American Pickers where two guys go around the country and buy "junk" from people that they try to turn around for a profit. Sometimes they find some really cool stuff, but other times all you see them do is buy old oil cans and other worthless crap which they list a "valued" price for but I have a hard time believing anyone buys that garbage.

johnboy
08-24-2010, 03:06 PM
I've tried watching Pawn stars on Nat Geo or Discovery (whichever channel it's on), thinking it would be my kind of thing. But I'm not keen on it at all. Got to watch the last two parts of 'The Bill' tonight and probably next week. The Bill for those that don't know is a very long running cop show here in the UK. It has been axed to cut costs.

DayliteMag
08-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Still love the OG version of Pawn Stars......Antiques Roadshow...FTW!

All I ever find at garage sales is garbage. Watching AR last night some old bag bought a 1920s 8CT diamond broach for less than $10. The thing was worth $25K!

MoreCowBell87
08-24-2010, 06:14 PM
My wife and I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices for Cable or Dish so we only have 3 channels. Mostly watch Sienfeld on DVD or King of Queens on DVD. Other than that we like Big Bang Theory and Rules of Engagement, but my favorite show ever is Trigger Happy TV, to bad I cannot find it on DVD.

Raider
08-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Speaking of Cable and its ridiculousness......My wife and I are watching tv, decide to change the channel, and noticed that since we last changed the channel, (I don't know....say 30 minutes ago) that our cable service provider has changed from comcast to xfinity and the channels are all discombobulated. Now we have to learn which channels are which all over again! WTF!!??? Okay, providers switched names, why the hell do they have to put the channel sin a different order? Rant over, I need to go shoot some toobers. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

MoreCowBell87
08-24-2010, 07:34 PM
Speaking of Cable and its ridiculousness......My wife and I are watching tv, decide to change the channel, and noticed that since we last changed the channel, (I don't know....say 30 minutes ago) that our cable service provider has changed from comcast to xfinity and the channels are all discombobulated. Now we have to learn which channels are which all over again! WTF!!??? Okay, providers switched names, why the hell do they have to put the channel sin a different order? Rant over, I need to go shoot some toobers. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

HAHA Dude my point exactly they charge out the @$$ and not give a $#!T about you lol. Is it just a name change or an actual different company?

Raider
08-24-2010, 08:21 PM
I looked into it. It's Comcast's new guise for their new digital platform. Of course part of a new marketing strategy to pitch their HD/4G bundle packages. I wish I owned the firm that did the branding for this. Cha-Ching!

RATA MUERTA
08-24-2010, 10:55 PM
but my favorite show ever is Trigger Happy TV, to bad I cannot find it on DVD.

I loved that show, how much fun can you have dressed in animal suits!!!! They used to run it on Comedy Central but not anymore. I would think it is for sale on the internet somewhere (http://www.daaveedee.com/product_info.php?products_id=108187&language=en).

TonkaToys
08-25-2010, 07:12 AM

I loved that show, how much fun can you have dressed in animal suits!!!! They used to run it on Comedy Central but not anymore. I would think it is for sale on the internet somewhere (http://www.daaveedee.com/product_info.php?products_id=108187&language=en).

Is that the UK show (http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&q=trigger+happy+tv&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=Lwh1TKLaNNjNjAeZmNC6Bg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&ved=0CBsQ_AU)? With a guy called Dom Jolly? If so I can buy it for you (under 10) and post it (???); no problem.

RATA MUERTA
08-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Here is a best of video
[yt:6vsffked]u-gALplK3fs&feature=related[/yt:6vsffked]

MoreCowBell87
08-25-2010, 05:35 PM

Is that the UK show (http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&q=trigger+happy+tv&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=Lwh1TKLaNNjNjAeZmNC6Bg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&ved=0CBsQ_AU)? With a guy called Dom Jolly? If so I can buy it for you (under 10) and post it (???); no problem.

It is Tonka I'm not sure how much that is in USDA or how much it would be to ship it but that would be cool if its not to much. Are you a fan? I used to watch it on Comedy Central and I loved it, they tried to bring it over here but it flopped hardcore. The best skit was the giant rat! They call in an exterminator and tell him there is a giant rat upstairs and he is all ready to go and goes up stairs and there's a dude in a huge rat suit lying on the couch lol.

Raider
08-25-2010, 05:58 PM
It is Tonka I'm not sure how much that is in USDA or how much it would be to ship it but that would be cool if its not to much. Are you a fan? I used to watch it on Comedy Central and I loved it, they tried to bring it over here but it flopped hardcore. The best skit was the giant rat! They call in an exterminator and tell him there is a giant rat upstairs and he is all ready to go and goes up stairs and there's a dude in a huge rat suit lying on the couch lol.[/quote]

Be careful which DVD you get from England, because their standard DVD's are not formatted to the DVD players over here. I only know this because when my daughter was younger she was into "Postman Pat". We couldn't find DVD's over here for sale, so we tracked some down that we could get shipped from the UK. I read the little summary at the bottom and said was not compatible with US standard DVD players. Why the heck would they be formatted different in the first place. I had assumed up to that time that stuff like that was universal.

MoreCowBell87
08-25-2010, 07:35 PM
I noticed that as well it is rediculus. I don't know why they do it maybe pirating issues to cut back on pirated disk sales by making regional I'm not sure.

johnboy
08-25-2010, 07:47 PM
You guys not have multi region dvd players????

MoreCowBell87
08-25-2010, 07:53 PM
I don't have a DVD player lol I hAve a ps3 and a ps2

TonkaToys
08-26-2010, 07:36 AM
Be careful which DVD you get from England, because their standard DVD's are not formatted to the DVD players over here.

Good point, well made. Stupid region locking on DVDs - what is the point!
You can unlock DVD players and I think there is a way of unlocking PS2's too. Don't know about PS3.

I'll have a think about this, and see if there is anything I can figure out.

Apparently you can do this to unlock region codes, but it is probably just some Internet BS:

Press and hold select for 3 seconds, then enter 6, 6, 7, 4, 6, 2 on the PS3 Bluetooth remote.

johnboy
08-26-2010, 07:41 AM
There's something you can actually buy for the ps2 to unlock it. There may be some kind of code but I think most of them are BS.

DB4
08-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Big Brother.

Brendon won the POV. Brittney (who is smokin' hot) was devastated. The Brigade was able to convince Brittney to put Matt up on the block as a replacement nominee. Matt still thinks he is a member of the Brigade. The Brigade has pretty much added Brendon to their alliance. Matt threw his best friend in the house under the bus. Matt is fucked and about to get voted out of the house tonight barring a miracle.

I heart big brother.

Tonight is a double eviction night... can't wait.

RATA MUERTA
08-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Ghost Hunters, new season started last night. Also looking forward to Destination Truth in a couple weeks, that show always makes me laugh my ass off, can't wait for someone to get mauled by a wild animal!!

Trez
08-27-2010, 09:31 AM
Jersey Shore last night. Now I'm watching Katy Perry on the Today Show! @-) :))

Being a stay at home dad has it's perks! :p

Raider
08-27-2010, 09:36 AM

Did she pull out the whip cream on Matt Lauer?

Borlaxx
08-27-2010, 09:36 AM

She is hot, but her music makes me want to stab her pointy bra into my ears %-(

Retro
08-27-2010, 01:12 PM

She is hot, but her music makes me want to stab her pointy bra into my ears %-(
And on the 8th day he created the "mute" button for watching videos with hot women but crappy music.

johnboy
08-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Too bad she's into us English guys eh!

DB4
08-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Big Brother.

Double eviction night. Matt was voted out as expected. Hayden pulled out the HOH in the next comp. He put up Brendon and Ragen. He and the Brigade told Brendon that he would be safe and if Ragen won the POV that they would put up Brittney and vote her out. Ragen ended up winning the POV and they did put up Brittney (who is smokin' hot BTW). But they all voted Brendon out of the house unanimously.

Can't wait until Sunday for the next HOH comp.

I heart Big Brother.

Borlaxx
08-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Although you may be the only person who admits to watching that POS show DB, still try to use the spoiler tag :P

Raider
08-27-2010, 03:41 PM
He's a 49ers fan. Of course he likes watching crappy things. :D

Retro
08-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Wouldn't that be more true of a Raiders fan?

johnboy
08-27-2010, 08:16 PM
Wouldn't that be more true of a Raiders fan?

BOOM! Headshot!

johnboy
08-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Just watched Stand by me. Absolutely my fave film of ALL TIME!!!!! Not seen it in a few years though, maybe time to hunt for it on dvd. I also love the song Stand by me. I used to do it on karaoke and ended up with some young lady a couple of times after singing it! ;) ;) :D :-"

DB4
08-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Dexter.

TonkaToys
08-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Watched "In Bruges" last night, what a great film! Even Colin Farrell wasn't too annoying.

You can't sell horse tranquilizers to a midget!
=))

johnboy
09-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Jamies American food revolution is on tonight. Time to see what sort of shit is in some of you guys food this time. I've already seen what they put in some of our processed foods. I don't really eat processed food though. I prefer to cook from scratch.

TrojanTeacher
09-20-2010, 04:24 PM
That show is awesome. They wonder why our youth is growing overweight so fast, eh? Sheeesh. I work at a school and have never touched what they serve here.

johnboy
09-20-2010, 05:04 PM
The problem seems to be that our governments would rather spend money on other things, than on the health of our kids. I for one will be finding out what they serve for lunch at the school we are going to send the kids to before they start. Everything these days is geared towards being quick and easy.

TonkaToys
09-21-2010, 07:13 AM
Jamies American food revolution is on tonight.

OMG that processed chicken he made into a nugget and the kids are like "yummy"! :sick:

PS: funny how he's dropped the whole mockney speak and started calling that nearly diabetic teenager "brother" all the time!

Raider
09-21-2010, 08:12 AM
"The Event", eh.......where's the good writers. Don't even bother watching "Chase"....cookie cutter format with cheese. I missed a night of gaming for 2 sub par shows. Didn't even get to watch the 9ers vs. Saints game. Heard it came down to the final second.

DayliteMag
09-21-2010, 08:18 AM
"The Event", eh.......where's the good writers. Don't even bother watching "Chase"....cookie cutter format with cheese. I missed a night of gaming for 2 sub par shows. Didn't even get to watch the 9ers vs. Saints game. Heard it came down to the final second.

Good to know. We DVR'd both of those shows, so now we can just delete.

Last night we watched "Rules of Engagement". One of our fav new'ish sitcoms. Very funny.

Retro
09-21-2010, 09:16 AM
The Event is just trying to be another Lost and man did it fail. It actually reminded me of Flash Forward a little (under-rated show) but something was just off about it. I gave up on Chase after 10 minutes and flipped on the Xbox.
The only new show to come out recently that I like is The Glades. Another cop show, but pretty damn funny. And the lead Matt Passmore is hilarious, I love smartass characters.

MoreCowBell87
10-21-2010, 06:30 AM
Two words The Wire. Anyone like this show? Had the wife rent the first season last night I'm hooked!

DayliteMag
10-21-2010, 06:52 AM
I've heard The Wire is supposed to be great. Maybe we will rent it this weekend.

Last night we watched Modern Family, IMO one of the funniest sitcoms to come along in ages. Very strong ensemble cast and excellent writing.

sniperella
10-21-2010, 06:55 AM
DEXTER! It is the best series out there.

Reality shows for me - Project Runway!

Recently I have been watching the True Blood series, which, to me, is just freakin' funny! ;)

TonkaToys
10-21-2010, 07:39 AM
Ah, True Blood - back on terrestrial telly (free-to-air) in the UK thankfully. What a nice, fun programme about death dealing monsters :))

=T4NUKI=
10-21-2010, 08:36 AM
I watched the SF-Philly ball game.......and what a game it was !

Sckrapps
10-21-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm with T4 - I watched the ballgame. I love post-season baseball, although I dislike both SF and Philly and wish they could both lose.

Wire season 1 is incredible. We just finished it on Netflix, and need to finish the last season of Battlestar Galactica before we start Wire season 2. But the Wire will change the way you think about urban life and crime, or at least it did for me. I can't watch other movies/shows that purport to show life in the 'hood after watching even just one season of The Wire.

DB4
10-21-2010, 12:08 PM
DEXTER! It is the best series out there.

+1

Top Gear and the NLCS. GO GIANTS! :D

TheFreak75
10-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Family Guy !!! Cannot get enough, love that show.

johnboy
10-21-2010, 01:31 PM
I watched Bones. Recorded Lie to me, and watched Fringe the other night, All new series whichever one they are up to. I also watched a load of recorded stuff that I knew he wife wouldn't be interested in. I used to like watching Deadliest Catch but I'm finding this series hard to get into but I WILL be watching it on Tues, I already know what happens but I still want to watch it and I know I will cry my freakin' eyes out. Don't know how far we are behind you guys in the US.

Trez
03-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Didn't watch this last night but didn't want to make another topic either.

I only caught the last few episodes but I can't wait for the second season of Ed's show!

[yt:2q2kvrve]7dIajvHKOEY[/yt:2q2kvrve]

Not sure what the clip is about, just wanted to find a preview pic featuring Ed. :P

Raider
03-03-2011, 04:05 PM
What, Tuey is on GoldRush?

Psalm
03-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Dang Brad.....I'm not that fat....lol
There is some serious resemblence there.....

ustolemygmrtag
03-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Watched V last night on my DVR. Had to catch up. It is getting really good, and very gritty.

Trez
03-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Dang Brad.....I'm not that fat....lol
There is some serious resemblence there.....

lol I thought the same thing. He's got nothing on your svelte frame.
Hey, I'd compare myself to Dorsey if I was missing a tooth and he wasn't a completely incompetent, immature, basket case... er... :P

http://www.goldminingrealityshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Patriot.jpg

Anybody care to Face in the Hole? lol!

http://media.oregonlive.com/ent_impact_tvfilm/photo/9078356-large.jpg

=T4NUKI=
03-05-2011, 10:44 PM
I watch this show, Toddlers and Tiaras on TLC with my wife........
This show is so sick its awesome ! 6 yrs old divas on Red Bull and their overweight moms......pure delight !

TonkaToys
05-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Louis Theroux: Miami Mega Jail

In the first episode of this two-part series, Louis spends time in one of the most notorious sections of Miami County Jail: the fifth and sixth floor of 'Main Jail', where many of the most volatile inmates are incarcerated.
Held in large cage-like dwellings for up to 24 men, the inmates have developed a strange and violent jail culture. The men - who remain in the cells almost all the time and may only leave for yard time twice a week - live under the sway of a gladiatorial code. They fight each other for food, for status, and often just to pass the endless hours of confinement. Trips to the infirmary are a frequent occurrence as inmates are viciously attacked and beaten, but the guards say they are powerless to end the abuse.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b011k0xx

It was shocking. @-)

johnboy
05-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Louis Theroux: Miami Mega Jail

In the first episode of this two-part series, Louis spends time in one of the most notorious sections of Miami County Jail: the fifth and sixth floor of 'Main Jail', where many of the most volatile inmates are incarcerated.
Held in large cage-like dwellings for up to 24 men, the inmates have developed a strange and violent jail culture. The men - who remain in the cells almost all the time and may only leave for yard time twice a week - live under the sway of a gladiatorial code. They fight each other for food, for status, and often just to pass the endless hours of confinement. Trips to the infirmary are a frequent occurrence as inmates are viciously attacked and beaten, but the guards say they are powerless to end the abuse.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b011k0xx

It was shocking. @-)

That's for reminding me. I forgot I had that recorded.

=T4NUKI=
06-05-2011, 05:35 PM
I watched a weird show.....it was called ''My big fat gipsy wedding''.....now you Brits are going to explain to me.... WHAT THE HELL !!!!!
http://youtu.be/2HAUmII_hcg

sniperella
06-05-2011, 06:22 PM
That looks absolutely fascinating, I will definitely have to watch that! Looks like project runway gone gypsy style! I didn't know "gypsy" was still a current term, let alone that there still were gypsies out there. I would love for some of our British pals to enlighten us on this topic! Thanks for sharing! ;)

Major Stains
06-05-2011, 06:24 PM
I watched a weird show.....it was called ''My big fat gipsy wedding''.....now you Brits are going to explain to me.... WHAT THE HELL !!!!!

Erm...how to explain that show. Well you see 200 years ago, we tried to clean this place up. Sent a few boats over to Oz, lets just say we couldn't quite fit 'em all in. Which brings us nicely to shows like this!! (did I insult enough ethnic groups there ;) )

Just kidding. Gypsies get a pretty bad press over here. Because they have the 'right to roam' and set up massive settlements of mobile homes, whilst enjoying living tax free. Whilst the rest of us follow the line and get bent over by the government.
I grew up near a big gypsie camp, and they would cause so much trouble (they once beat up a mate and pissed on him) and the police can't touch them.
Apart from that, they're real nice people! :-"

NutsFathead
06-05-2011, 08:05 PM
[quote="=T4NUKI=":35bombn8]I watched a weird show.....it was called ''My big fat gipsy wedding''.....now you Brits are going to explain to me.... WHAT THE HELL !!!!!

Erm...how to explain that show. Well you see 200 years ago, we tried to clean this place up. Sent a few boats over to Oz, lets just say we couldn't quite fit 'em all in. Which brings us nicely to shows like this!! (did I insult enough ethnic groups there ;) )

Just kidding. Gypsies get a pretty bad press over here. Because they have the 'right to roam' and set up massive settlements of mobile homes, whilst enjoying living tax free. Whilst the rest of us follow the line and get bent over by the government.
I grew up near a big gypsie camp, and they would cause so much trouble (they once beat up a mate and pissed on him) and the police can't touch them.
Apart from that, they're real nice people! :-"[/quote:35bombn8]

i live in a estate full of Gypsies they even live next door apart for havin 14 dogs 2 cat and 5 horses and parties every weekend there no trouble at all but i still alway have my doors locked even wen im in :-ss lol

Red Dog 13
06-06-2011, 04:02 AM
:cuss: :cuss: Don't get me started about 'PIKEYS' there are true Gypsies but not many and there are the 'Travellers' or 'Pikeys' who say they are 'Gypsies' as a retired Firefighter I have had a lot of experience with them, not much of it any good!

On average we would deal with 4 car fires every night that were cars stolen by the 'Pikeys' stripped of anything valuable then torched, they would booby trap some of them with propane cyclinders to try and blow us up, they would shoot at us if we went near their sites, they would try to attack us with bricks, bottles and baseball bats if we were dealing with one of their incidents near to their caravans, they stole lead of the roofs of schools, health centres and churches, steal diesel from farm diesel tanks and break into the farmhouses when the families were out on the land, they would tramp all over farm land chasing hares with longdogs and betting on the outcome, usually the hare getting torn to pieces by their dogs and, attack anyone who got anywhere near the 'sport' without an invite!!! We had to chain anything and everything to something solid and padlock all our gates every night to stop them stealing from us, oh yes including our dogs, that was another favourite to steal various breads of dog that they could make money from by selling or puppy farming from them! :-l X( :cuss:

Think I had better stop there before i bore you all to tears, hope that gives a brief overview of my experience of them, hell theyr'e not all bad :-?

Major Stains
06-06-2011, 04:12 AM
:cuss: :cuss: Don't get me started about 'PIKEYS' there are true Gypsies but not many and there are the 'Travellers' or 'Pikeys' who say they are 'Gypsies' as a retired Firefighter I have had a lot of experience with them, not much of it any good!

On average we would deal with 4 car fires every night that were cars stolen by the 'Pikeys' stripped of anything valuable then torched, they would booby trap some of them with propane cyclinders to try and blow us up, they would shoot at us if we went near their sites, they would try to attack us with bricks, bottles and baseball bats if we were dealing with one of their incidents near to their caravans, they stole lead of the roofs of schools, health centres and churches, steal diesel from farm diesel tanks and break into the farmhouses when the families were out on the land, they would tramp all over farm land chasing hares with longdogs and betting on the outcome, usually the hare getting torn to pieces by their dogs and, attack anyone who got anywhere near the 'sport' without an invite!!! We had to chain anything and everything to something solid and padlock all our gates every night to stop them stealing from us, oh yes including our dogs, that was another favourite to steal various breads of dog that they could make money from by selling or puppy farming from them! :-l X( :cuss:

Think I had better stop there before i bore you all to tears, hope that gives a brief overview of my experience of them, hell theyr'e not all bad :-?

I thought I'd better make my comments a little clearer.
I too refer to the "Pikey". As Red describes, they feel they can live outside of the law and give the rest of the travelling community a very bad name.
The traditional Romany Gypsy is a dying breed, and share few ideals with the people that Red & I have encountered over the years.

PS No offence to your neighbours Nuts. As I mentioned, I don't mean to tar them all with the same brush...

TonkaToys
06-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Watch Snatch to get a pretty good idea of what a Pikey is.

I'm guess not all gypsies are bad... but I haven't seen any evidence that convinces me to the contrary.

My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding shows you a disfunctional society within a society - one where girls as young as 5 seem to be taught to dress and dance like pole-dancers, where beauty is defined by riches, where not being married by the age of 16 is considered unusual and where befriending people from outside of your society is discouraged.

Nice.

NutsFathead
06-06-2011, 08:28 AM
=)) =)) gypsies are well loved by the british ppl =))

sniperella
06-06-2011, 08:42 AM

Obviously. I am still liking the idea of starting a MP Gypsy group. We just roam around from one MP's house to another... Sounds like a good plan to me! LOL

@Red, that is some crazy stuff, why are people so crazy?? I am still going to have to check out this show, just for the hell of it, but it really souds like I shouldn't be supportive of that at all. Sounds like they found another way to make money, Reality TV! UGH! At least this way I have a better idea of what it is I will be watching! They sure did a good job of painting them as a "peaceful" community on the advertisement... ;)

Retro
06-06-2011, 09:59 AM

Obviously. I am still liking the idea of starting a MP Gypsy group. We just roam around from one MP's house to another... Sounds like a good plan to me! LOL

@Red, that is some crazy stuff, why are people so crazy?? I am still going to have to check out this show, just for the hell of it, but it really souds like I shouldn't be supportive of that at all. Sounds like they found another way to make money, Reality TV! UGH! At least this way I have a better idea of what it is I will be watching! They sure did a good job of painting them as a "peaceful" community on the advertisement... ;)
Don't get me started on Gypsies :cuss: X(

Psalm
06-06-2011, 10:03 AM
We have Gypsies here in the states...they are called "Dead Heads"...... ;) =))

Borlaxx
06-06-2011, 10:51 AM
UGH!!! My wife was watching this show yesterday, and oh my god, these people suck! It is like you take the worse white trash trailer park people in America, pretend there is some "culture" behind it, and then tell them that prepubescent children should dress like whores while dancing like strippers. Pathetic and horrible people. No wonder no one in history has liked gypsies.

I told my wife, "the last show you really got into was Extreme Couponing, and now you cut coupons every day. If you come home with a trailer we are done."

sniperella
06-06-2011, 11:09 AM
I told my wife, "the last show you really got into was Extreme Couponing, and now you cut coupons every day. If you come home with a trailer we are done."

Borlax the Gypsy! Sounds like the mankini would finally have a place in a proper culture/class! ;)

=T4NUKI=
06-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Wow.....
I really opened a can of worms with this one.....
I though that the Pikeys in Snatch were a caricature, but that was too much !

I kinda knew that they were troublesome fellows, but after reading Red's post.....Man !!!! :-o
Still, I'm hooked on this show ! :))

(Another reason why I'm happy to live here .... no Pikeys ! )

johnboy
06-07-2011, 05:46 AM
Watched behind enemy lines last night, I really like that film. But that's not the reason I'm posting. I saw an ad for series 2 of Archer. So I know what I'm watching tonight. I only know about Archer through a good buddy of mine. I was round at his one afternoon and we watched the whole first series while having a few beers.

Major Stains
06-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Not so much last night, but a few moments ago.
Its that time of the year where we get nothing but festivals rammed down our throats on tv over here in the UK.
But http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wmdqs had a superb documentary on the rise of the festival.
The standout part for me was the section on the emerging rave scene from 1989-1996. It was a period of my life that I will never forget (what I remember of it) and will never regret.
As a father of two boys, I can only hope they don't stray too far off the path. But in those seven years, I learnt more about myself than at any other time.
I know we all look back through rose tinted glasses, but those were special times.
Before the government introduced the Criminal Justice Act, therefor banning all illegal parties.
So now the kids just have the corporate festivals with high walls and safety barriers, with clean cut pop acts. I wonder when is the next cultural revolution?

That show was followed by Radioheads headline act at Glastonbury in '97. Outstanding.
I can't believe it was 15 years ago! Boy I feel old.

Major Stains
07-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Just watched the most moving documentary on Seve Ballesteros, who sadly died of a brain tumour this year (some of you may remember my Uncle died of a similar cancer earlier in the year).
Seve was a great man and made a huge difference to European golf during my childhood.
And went on to create his finest legacy in his final years with his cancer foundation.
Many modern sportsmen could learn a thing or two from him.

Retro
07-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Just watched the most moving documentary on Seve Ballesteros, who sadly died of a brain tumour this year (some of you may remember my Uncle died of a similar cancer earlier in the year).
Seve was a great man and made a huge difference to European golf during my childhood.
And went on to create his finest legacy in his final years with his cancer foundation.
Many modern sportsmen could learn a thing or two from him.
Seve was the personification of class.

=T4NUKI=
08-26-2011, 07:58 AM
I have got my hands on the blueray edition of the 1st season of AMC's the Walking dead.....I've watches the first 3 episodes and so far, I like it a lot !

sam007
08-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Rookie Blue with the Wife.

Major Stains
08-27-2011, 05:22 PM
American: The Bill Hicks Story.

What a superbly shot documentary.
Never seen it before.
Excellent footage and animations plotting the rise and fall of a brilliant comic genius.

=T4NUKI=
08-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Currently watching Jack Layton's funerals.....

Canada has lost the only genuine, authentic and sympatic politician on this big, cold land of ours....

RIP Jack

Retro
08-27-2011, 09:58 PM
So much for no politics...

=T4NUKI=
08-27-2011, 10:09 PM
So much for no politics...

...sorry , Retro.......

I didnt want to start anything there..... :cheers:

let's change ''politician'' with ''man''.....ok ?! ;)

TonkaToys
09-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Watched Appropriate Adult last night, which is based on the true story of a UK serial killer, Fred West (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_West), from the point of view of a social worker that was there during his police interviews.

Outstanding piece of drama about a horrendous topic, in which the actor Dominic West (who played Detective Jimmy McNulty in The Wire) manages to portray the killer as a simple minded, but charming man that seemed to care for his victims but who was being manipulated by his harpy of a wife.

Highly recommended.

Major Stains
09-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Last night was the start of a new series, "Billy Connolly's Route 66"

I loved his other road trips, as he tends to go off the beaten track, to see the real locals.
He has such a genuine warmth that comes across in his interviews, and having seen him on stage, I can vouch that he is a comedy genius too.

Last night, he started in Chicago.
With some interesting features on the Speakeasies (who was to know Capone was responsible for milks 'sell-by' date).
Meeting artist Preston Jackson, and chewing the fat over some pretty hot topics.
Then hitting the great route down through Lincoln's hometown of Springfield onto St. Louis.
Eating pie and meeting the local peeps along the way.

While it is a tried & tested style of travelogue, its bright & breezy, made even better with Bill'y quick witted observations.

I think I will stick this series out, in the hope to see some of my MP buds in the background :cheers:

oreon87
09-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Season finale of America's got Talent... o man and i can't believe the ONLY guy i've been voting for took it all. a carwasher now a millionaire. :applause: :applause: :applause:

ScoobySnacks
09-16-2011, 07:12 PM
I watched Wipeout - it's funny watching people get messed up on tv. :))

johnboy
09-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Last night was the start of a new series, "Billy Connolly's Route 66"

I loved his other road trips, as he tends to go off the beaten track, to see the real locals.
He has such a genuine warmth that comes across in his interviews, and having seen him on stage, I can vouch that he is a comedy genius too.

Last night, he started in Chicago.
With some interesting features on the Speakeasies (who was to know Capone was responsible for milks 'sell-by' date).
Meeting artist Preston Jackson, and chewing the fat over some pretty hot topics.
Then hitting the great route down through Lincoln's hometown of Springfield onto St. Louis.
Eating pie and meeting the local peeps along the way.

While it is a tried & tested style of travelogue, its bright & breezy, made even better with Bill'y quick witted observations.

I think I will stick this series out, in the hope to see some of my MP buds in the background :cheers:

I watched that too, love the big yin!

oreon87
09-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Season finale of America's got Talent... o man and i can't believe the ONLY guy i've been voting for took it all. a carwasher now a millionaire. :applause: :applause: :applause:

this is the guy i loved the whole season, you HAVE to watch his audition cause its amazing, i get goosebumps everytime i watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6LOSEzo1QA

this is the season finale where he won the million

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=allbXOVOet4

TonkaToys
09-19-2011, 07:50 AM
this is the guy i loved the whole season, you HAVE to watch his audition cause its amazing, i get goosebumps everytime i watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6LOSEzo1QA

this is the season finale where he won the million

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=allbXOVOet4

Thanks for that oreon, he is amazing. After he walks on in the way he did, I thought he was going to be a comedian.

By the way, aren't you fellas pissed off with that twat Piers Morgan yet? Not that we want him back of course.

johnboy
09-22-2011, 09:30 AM
I (and I think Charlie did too) watched a new supernatural horror on BBC last night called 'The Fades'. I thought it was friggin' awesome, probably the best new British series in a long time! IMO.

The Fades is about a suburban schoolboy called Paul who cannot help noticing that the dead are far from dead and hang around his local streets and shopping centres. Paul's world soon becomes beset by the frenetic attentions of Neil an avenging warrior against those rather cross undead who want to kill people. Neil looks as if he's walked in off the set of Mad Max and his sidekick is an arse-kicking woman vicar

[yt:3ue2lydn]4BuG2tSy3HI[/yt:3ue2lydn]

TonkaToys
09-22-2011, 11:30 AM
I was watching it... Looks excellent, quite creepy in places, and with foreboding visions too.
I liked the new mythos that the series is introducing around ghosts.

And the bit with the eye... Yuck!

Major Stains
09-22-2011, 01:22 PM
I was watching it... Looks excellent, quite creepy in places, and with foreboding visions too.
I liked the new mythos that the series is introducing around ghosts.

And the bit with the eye... Yuck!

British terrestrial tv is just like waiting for buses! Nothing for ages, then it all comes along at once.

I gave 'The Fades' a chance too. The script was fresh and well acted out, with some very haunting visions to boot.

I also tried out the new series from the writers of the 'Peep Show', called 'Fresh Meat'. I personally doubt it will live up to that
Mitchell & Webb genius, but it did have a few funny lines peppered throughout and some of the female cast were easy on the eye.

Other buses to fly onto our screen all at once are the new series of Mock the Week, Celebrity Juice, and QI. All good for a giggle IMO.

TonkaToys
09-23-2011, 08:51 AM
British terrestrial tv is just like waiting for buses! Nothing for ages, then it all comes along at once.

I gave 'The Fades' a chance too. The script was fresh and well acted out, with some very haunting visions to boot.

I also tried out the new series from the writers of the 'Peep Show', called 'Fresh Meat'. I personally doubt it will live up to that
Mitchell & Webb genius, but it did have a few funny lines peppered throughout and some of the female cast were easy on the eye.

Other buses to fly onto our screen all at once are the new series of Mock the Week, Celebrity Juice, and QI. All good for a giggle IMO.

Agree on Fresh Meat - difficult to call, and the girls all look so young! Damn, I must be getting old. :((

The other ones you mention are all good, and we also watch Outnumbered for a laugh.

Major Stains
09-23-2011, 08:56 AM
we also watch Outnumbered for a laugh.

My wife is trying to get me into 'outnumbered'.
I fool myself into thinking, I'm too young for 'outnumbered' and too old for 'fresh meat'!!! :))

In reality, I'm sat there watching some war documentary, or wildlife programme :-B L-)

*Edit. I watched outnumbered last night and it was very funny, the child actors are good. And I fear that will be me at the parents evening soon.

xMisFitToyx
09-23-2011, 09:00 AM
I watched "Person of Interest "

I will give it 2 thumbs up :-bd

Major Stains
09-26-2011, 01:47 PM
I caught some of "Fighting on the Frontline". http://www.channel4.com/programmes/fighting-on-the-frontline/episode-guide/series-1/episode-1

And had to share this superb quote...

The interviewer turns to a helicopter pilot and says,
"So what do you think is the first thing that goes through the Talibans head when they see an Apache flying towards them?"
Without skipping a beat the pilot answers..."Hopefully a 30mm bullet" Nice B-)

Raider
09-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Anyone watch the new Family Guy season premier last night? Man, how do they get some of that stuff through the FCC??????!!!!!! They are really RAW!!!! Especially the last scene at the bar where Quagmire said he got his monies worth from the girl he paid to sleep with him. When they panned over to the girl sitting at the bar, she was split all the way down the middle of her body with the organs showing! ewwwwwwwww!!!!! :sick:

Major Stains
09-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Anyone watch the new Family Guy season premier last night? Man, how do they get some of that stuff through the FCC??????!!!!!! They are really RAW!!!! Especially the last scene at the bar where Quagmire said he got his monies worth from the girl he paid to sleep with him. When they panned over to the girl sitting at the bar, she was split all the way down the middle of her body with the organs showing! ewwwwwwwww!!!!! :sick:

Looking forward to it already... Giggedy gig.

TonkaToys
09-27-2011, 08:14 AM
I caught some of "Fighting on the Frontline".

Missed that as I was driving round the M25 at the time - I'll try to catch up on 4OD sometime.
I saw the BBC programme earlier in the year, the one with the POV from the soldiers' webcams.
That was really intense, especially as the stories are ones that I remember from the news.

Raider
09-27-2011, 10:59 AM
I tired getting into Terra Nova last night, but found myself easily distracted by the wife and kids. If I'm easily distracted from a show, it's generally a good indicator of what I'm watching sucks. LOL

I hope that some how, some where and some way that a group of people will get together and actually create a real good sci-fi series or movie of some sorts. And don't bring up Avatar. The effects and graphics were outstanding, but the plot was another typical rehashed scenario.

shady504
09-27-2011, 04:32 PM
I forgot all about Terra Nova. I wanted to check it out to see if any good but there's too many shows my wife and I watch on Monday night as is..... I need to get a TIVO for the bedroom so I can record more crap.
I think I'm officially done with 2 1/2 Men, just not the same without Charlie.

johnboy
10-27-2011, 03:02 PM
I was going to try and watch Terra Nova when it started but I missed the first one and before I got to watch it on anytime I read some reviews that said it was shit, so I gave it a miss.

Charlie, did you ever watch the whole series of The Fades? I just watched the last one tonight and I must say for a series that was aimed at older teens and young adults I really enjoyed it. Then again of course, I am still a young adult. Well young at heart anyway, I need to be to make up for my old man's body! Lol

=T4NUKI=
10-27-2011, 04:17 PM
I Have to admit that I'm hooked on the Colbert Report !!! L-)

CB-40
10-27-2011, 07:19 PM
I hope that some how, some where and some way that a group of people will get together and actually create a real good sci-fi series or movie of some sorts.
If you never watched the "new" Battlestar Galactica series, I would recommend it. You can probably rent or stream it from somewhere. Good drama, good acting, good effects.... a definite watch IMO.

Lumchan
10-27-2011, 10:48 PM
jellybean got me hooked on Army Wives. It's a great drama for moms if any wives are looking for something to watch on Netflix. Other than that, I watch Ringer, Supernatural, and Vampire Diaries. That's really it for me.

Lumchan
10-27-2011, 10:49 PM
I hope that some how, some where and some way that a group of people will get together and actually create a real good sci-fi series or movie of some sorts.
If you never watched the "new" Battlestar Galactica series, I would recommend it. You can probably rent or stream it from somewhere. Good drama, good acting, good effects.... a definite watch IMO.

I always wanted to watch that. I loved the original series.

BirdDawg
10-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Anyone ever watch Pure Pwnage? I just found it yesterday on Hulu. Hilarious gaming series about FPS and MMOs.

TonkaToys
10-29-2011, 02:33 PM
I was going to try and watch Terra Nova when it started but I missed the first one and before I got to watch it on anytime I read some reviews that said it was shit, so I gave it a miss.

Charlie, did you ever watch the whole series of The Fades? I just watched the last one tonight and I must say for a series that was aimed at older teens and young adults I really enjoyed it. Then again of course, I am still a young adult. Well young at heart anyway, I need to be to make up for my old man's body! Lol

Hey JB, I'm sure I'd posted a reply to this already.

Anyway it was a great series, and I was genuinely surprised when the person died in the final episode.

xMisFitToyx
10-29-2011, 02:43 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-xA3yoU3YhRs/TqxXOxnlfdI/AAAAAAAAATI/h0a3D_p3u1U/s202/Grimm.png

Gink
11-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Watched Sunday's episode of Boardwalk Empire last night, since we watch Walking Dead on Sundays. I thought season 1 of Boardwalk Empire was kinda dull, but this season has been :-o Last episode was outta control.

TonkaToys
12-01-2011, 04:10 AM
jellybean got me hooked on Army Wives. It's a great drama for moms if any wives are looking for something to watch on Netflix. Other than that, I watch Ringer, Supernatural, and Vampire Diaries. That's really it for me.
Love,love, love Vampire Diaries :D

My wife Rebecca is really into that... Nothing to do with Damon though, at least that's what she tells me. =((

SmokeyCheese1
12-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Sopranos SE6a - Ep5. Its the episode that Johnny Saks daughter got married in and Vito got busted at a gay bar.

I just finished my collection of the series by getting seasons 6a and 6b at Best Buy for $19 each. What a steal.

Buck Ryerson
12-01-2011, 08:10 AM
That is a deal! Awesome series! I just finished up Deadwood about a month ago, also a good one!

SmokeyCheese1
12-01-2011, 08:48 AM
That is a deal! Awesome series! I just finished up Deadwood about a month ago, also a good one!

I concur. Its to bad it didnt last longer.

sniperella
12-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Love,love, love Vampire Diaries :D

My wife Rebecca is really into that... Nothing to do with Damon though, at least that's what she tells me. =((

I am so into Damon, um, I mean Vampire Diaries! ;)

=T4NUKI=
12-02-2011, 10:59 PM
My daughter and I watch Anime together sometimes. Anyone watch any Anime?
I used to when I was a young puppy.... My all-time fave was and still is Akira ! Cant beat the classics !

Major Stains
10-14-2012, 01:49 AM
I watched Channel 4's The Plane Crash (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GamdwjAX-Rs&sns=em) the other night.
It was compelling viewing from start to finish...amazing footage and the results were interesting too.

johnboy
10-17-2012, 08:11 PM
I watched Channel 4's The Plane Crash (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GamdwjAX-Rs&sns=em) the other night.
It was compelling viewing from start to finish...amazing footage and the results were interesting too.

Did you book a seat before takeoff?

Mutt
10-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Has anyone watched The Neighbors. I watched the pilot and I thought there was no way they are going to air this. It reminded me a little of Mork & Mindy. I think the 4th episode aired today. I'm catching it on the PVR later tonight. It's not a bad show, some of the husband/wife jokes are hilarious bits IMO.

TonkaToys
10-18-2012, 08:12 AM

Bloody missed the good bit on this, I was flicking between it and the BF3 load screen, then I got into a game and missed the moneyshot! I'll have to 4play it.
(hmm this seems more sexual than I intended)

Has anyone watched The Neighbors. I watched the pilot and I thought there was no way they are going to air this. It reminded me a little of Mork & Mindy. I think the 4th episode aired today. I'm catching it on the PVR later tonight. It's not a bad show, some of the husband/wife jokes are hilarious bits IMO.

Presumably not Neighbours, the rubbish Australian soap opera that my 42 yo wife insists on recording and watching even though it is aimed at 18yos and has been since she was 18?

TheFreak75
10-18-2012, 08:29 AM
The second season premier of American Horror Story on FX. It was pretty good, I like the fact that they will be mixing the science stuff with the religious together......ticking time bomb!!

TheFreak75
10-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Another solid episode for the walking dead. Also watched the pilot for Last Resort which I had DVR and it looks good.

Mutt
10-22-2012, 11:54 AM
I have to get back into The Walking Dead. I left it mid-season break on S2.

I watched 60 minutes last night. One of my favorite Sunday night programs on Sunday night. They had a really good segments on medical marijuana in Denver Colorado, Goldman & Sachs and Spielberg.

Major Stains
09-13-2013, 03:15 AM
Peaky Blinders (http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2013/37/Peaky-Blinders.html)

Birmingham, 1919. Thomas Shelby is a war veteran, and head of feared gang, the Peaky Blinders. Named for their practice of sewing razor blades into the peaks of their caps, they make money from illegal betting, protection and the black market.

I thought this was a brilliant piece of TV.
Superb acting, realistic set design, and a dark dark plot line that you know is just going to get bloody.
Highly recommended.

Danbo
09-13-2013, 10:22 AM
I steamrolled Episodes 5-10 of Ray Donovan. Damn that series is good. Starring Liev Schrieber!

TonkaToys
09-13-2013, 11:28 AM
I missed Peaky Blinders - will have to iPlayer it.

We recorded the whole series of Ray Donovan to watch, but didn't realise that Sky automatically deletes older recordings, so we are now missing episodes 1-4! Doh.

Gink
03-17-2015, 07:33 PM
Helix.

Season 1 was an interesting contagion sort of show that took some interesting twists. Season 2 has gone seriously Lost. Wasn't too sure about the new direction at first, but I'm liking it more as the season progresses.

HardlyCapable13
03-17-2015, 07:58 PM
Wife and I started True Detective last night. It's a series on HBO where Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson play detectives. Really like it so far (other than the horrid, creepy Lincoln commercials ruining Matthew McConaughey forever).

Gink
03-17-2015, 08:03 PM
Wife and I started True Detective last night. It's a series on HBO where Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson play detectives. Really like it so far (other than the horrid, creepy Lincoln commercials ruining Matthew McConaughey forever).

That season was great. Not sure when season 2 is supposed to air, but I'm both looking forward to it and pretty sure there's no way they can come up with a cast to match McConaughey/Harrelson

HardlyCapable13
03-19-2015, 07:44 PM
That season was great. Not sure when season 2 is supposed to air, but I'm both looking forward to it and pretty sure there's no way they can come up with a cast to match McConaughey/Harrelson

Just finished season 1. Great show. Looks like season 2 is Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn.

Danbo
03-20-2015, 09:41 AM
Love True Detective. These days I'm on Vikings and I have just finished season 1 of 12 Monkeys: it's a great series!

Gink
03-20-2015, 06:46 PM
Love True Detective. These days I'm on Vikings and I have just finished season 1 of 12 Monkeys: it's a great series!

Say what? 12 Monkeys doesn't end until April 10th here. I'll be watching episode 10 tonight. Wasn't sure how they'd pull off a TV version of this, but it's only gotten better as it's gone along.
Supposed to be watching Vikings on Friday as well, but we're a few weeks behind as we've been playing Diablo III again and only fitting in one show on Friday night.
Saturday it's Black Sails. Can't believe season 2 is almost over already, seems like it just started after such a long wait since season 1. That's how it goes with all the best shows though.

Gink
04-13-2015, 09:18 PM
12 Monkeys finished up Friday here. Turned out to be a pretty great show.

Last night was Game of Thrones, of course. Season opener seemed a bit slow to me, too much yap yap yap, setting things up for the season, I'm sure, but with only 10 episodes a year I get impatient for them to shut up and do something!

TonkaToys
04-14-2015, 10:24 AM
12 Monkeys finished up Friday here. Turned out to be a pretty great show.

Last night was Game of Thrones, of course. Season opener seemed a bit slow to me, too much yap yap yap, setting things up for the season, I'm sure, but with only 10 episodes a year I get impatient for them to shut up and do something!

Game Of Thrones was a slow burner... well apart from for Mance Rayder of course.

Retro
04-14-2015, 11:13 AM
Daredevil on Netflix was pretty awesome. I love that they went more with the Frank Miller Daredevil.

Gink
04-14-2015, 03:41 PM
Game Of Thrones was a slow burner... well apart from for Mance Rayder of course.
:pound:

Daredevil on Netflix was pretty awesome. I love that they went more with the Frank Miller Daredevil.
Almost started watching this last night, but decided to wait until we get caught up on other comic book/superhero shows as we are currently off and on watching Arrow, Flash, Gotham, Agent Carter and SHIELD.

donhardeone
05-16-2015, 06:01 PM

Finally sat down and watched DareDevil over the last week. I friggin loved it. Very well done, and left me excited for what they are doing with season 2 and the other series coming in the future.

ScoobySnacks
05-16-2015, 11:48 PM
Outlander (Showtime series)

Wife and I love it. You have to watch it from the beginning though. The first 20 minutes of episode 1 are pretty slow (but essential to the story) and I almost lost interest, but since then it's been excellent up through episode 11 now.

Gink
05-17-2015, 07:45 PM
We've been watching Outlander on Fridays since 12 Monkeys ended, but this week I vetoed it in favor of Penny Dreadful, we're a week behind on it, so I don't have much opinion on how Season 2 is going to go, but the first season was good.
Also watched iZombie, which despite being nothing like the comic it is based on, is a pretty fun show.
Saturdays are Orphan Black, though we had to stay up extra late to fit it in last night after our Movie, Dinner & Beers date night. So far this season of Orphan Black has been better than the current season of Game of Thrones.
I'm sure we'll fit Outlander in another night, will have some holes in the schedule with recent season finales. The wife loves it, I enjoy aspects of it, the history, the scenery, etc., but it definitely gets slow and a bit "romance novely" at times.

Major Stains
11-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Ah, the last series of 'Peep Show' started on Channel 4 tonight.
Not sure if it ever made it across the pond, but it's always been a firm favourite for me.

http://i68.tinypic.com/5cd4kw.png

Gink
11-11-2015, 08:07 PM
I recall watching an episode or two a few years back, think it's been on hulu and/or netflix at times. Remember it being funny and being one of those "we should keep watching this!" shows, but it never quite made it into the rotation. Will have to keep it in mind the next time we need a new show to fill a timeslot.

Tuesday nights it's Agents of SHIELD for us right now. This season is kind of all over the place. Still enjoying the show but starting to feel like they may have screwed with the formula a bit too much.

Danbo
11-12-2015, 08:34 AM
I recall watching an episode or two a few years back, think it's been on hulu and/or netflix at times. Remember it being funny and being one of those "we should keep watching this!" shows, but it never quite made it into the rotation. Will have to keep it in mind the next time we need a new show to fill a timeslot.

Tuesday nights it's Agents of SHIELD for us right now. This season is kind of all over the place. Still enjoying the show but starting to feel like they may have screwed with the formula a bit too much.

I got limitless on tuesdays...steered away from SHIELD in season 1. Too much Coulson isn't good for everybody :P

DeadChaos
11-12-2015, 10:46 AM
We are currently busy with the awesome Sons of Anarchy. In season 5 now but things going slow at the moment especially after the disappointing death of Opie.

Danbo
11-12-2015, 12:56 PM
We are currently busy with the awesome Sons of Anarchy. In season 5 now but things going slow at the moment especially after the disappointing death of Opie.

Sons was a great 1 month journey for me! Loved that show!

TonkaToys
11-12-2015, 01:33 PM
Ah, the last series of 'Peep Show' started on Channel 4 tonight.

Laughed so much last night that I woke the wife who has just got back from 3 days away for work. She wasn't happy until she started watching too.

Gink
11-12-2015, 02:45 PM
I got limitless on tuesdays...steered away from SHIELD in season 1. Too much Coulson isn't good for everybody :P

I wasn't sure about the first season, but it got better as it went along. Of course, not sure about the show again now.
How is Limitless? On the subject of shows made out of movies, we finished up the second season of Dominion (based on Legion) last Wednesday, and started Minority Report last night. Seem to be quite a few of these continuing the story from not at all new movies.

We made it all the way to season 06 I think and then just haven't gotten around to finishing it up after it got so depressing and not fun to watch. I had the attitude of "We made it this far, might as well finish". But the wife pretty much had it after what you mentioned in season 05, and then the pretty messed up events of the season 6 opener.

DeadChaos
01-04-2016, 04:26 AM
Finally finished Sons of Anarchy and although I'll miss it the ending was nothing special, quite predictable. Spartacus still remains my favorite when it comes to season finales. Started watching Jessica Jones, looks good so far.

Gink
01-04-2016, 01:07 PM
Watched the 3rd episode of The Expanse on SyFy last night. Loving this series so far. Definitely a must see for anyone who enjoys science fiction. These days that and The Man In The High Castle on amazon are the shows I look forward to most each week.

Danbo
01-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Just took in the pilot of Billions. Thought it was brilliant. looking forward to watching this show on a regular basis.

Also can't wait for X-files to start up again, as well as Suits.

SmokeyCheese1
01-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Curse of Oak Island on tonight :biggrin:

Gink
01-14-2016, 08:51 PM
Into the Badlands!

Gink
01-26-2016, 09:11 PM
First episode of the new X-Files. Got pretty intense, had me feeling paranoid by the end of it.
Wasn't perfect, but still pretty awesome for bringing a show back so many years later.

TonkaToys
01-27-2016, 06:46 AM
TV used to be social.
My (now) wife and I used to watch the X-Files with my (now) best-man and his (now) wife; it was traditionally a drinks and take-away night with a visit to the pub after. Ahh, the Halcyon days of pre-kids.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new series but now we've moved to opposite sides of London, there is no way we'd be able to meet up on a weekly basis - and that might impact on the enjoyment of the show more than any re-hashed storylines / aging actors (although Ms. Anderson still looks hot).

Perhaps I'll save this all up for a marathon session with them, or maybe even try Skyping to watch it with them :biggrin:
Anyone tried that?

SouthtownSlayer
01-27-2016, 11:06 AM
First episode of the new X-Files. Got pretty intense, had me feeling paranoid by the end of it.
Wasn't perfect, but still pretty awesome for bringing a show back so many years later.

Glad they brought back the original cast, it definitely wouldn't been the same!
Freaking episode had me all paranoid looking at the sky when I walked out to my car the next morning!

HardlyCapable13
04-03-2016, 11:49 PM
Started watching Broad City. Really funny. The 2 women who write and star are great. And one of my favorite comedians, Hannibal Buress stars in it as well.

DeadChaos
04-04-2016, 06:54 AM
Started watching Broad City. Really funny. The 2 women who write and star are great. And one of my favorite comedians, Hannibal Buress stars in it as well.

Also on my to-do list.

TonkaToys
04-26-2016, 02:21 AM
Game Of Thrones - anyone, anyone?

That bit at the end; reminds me of waking up on a Saturday morning waking up after the beer-goggles had worn off.

:cheer2: :eyebrows: :kiss: :motorboat: :sleep: :twitch: :wacko: :bolt:

Still they probably thought the same thing!

DeadChaos
04-26-2016, 04:23 AM

That bit at the end; reminds me of waking up on a Saturday morning waking up after the beer-goggles had worn off.

:cheer2: :eyebrows: :kiss: :motorboat: :sleep: :twitch: :wacko: :bolt:

I'm yet to watch any of this....hopefully will start after Fear the walking dead.

Major Stains
04-26-2016, 07:14 AM

:cheer2: :eyebrows: :kiss: :motorboat: :sleep: :twitch: :wacko:

There is a GoT thread, but remember the all important Spoilers people! :brick:
http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/showthread.php?6557-Game-of-Thrones

HardlyCapable13
04-26-2016, 04:36 PM
Not last night, but I did watch the miniseries 11/22/63, based on the book of the same title from Stephen King. Released and only available on Hulu.

If you haven't read the book and have no intentions to, I'd say give it a watch. It's only 8 one hour episodes. James Franco does a great job, and it's a really good story. If you've read the book, I'd skip it.

Gink
04-27-2016, 08:07 PM
Not last night, but I did watch the miniseries 11/22/63, based on the book of the same title from Stephen King. Released and only available on Hulu.

If you haven't read the book and have no intentions to, I'd say give it a watch. It's only 8 one hour episodes. James Franco does a great job, and it's a really good story. If you've read the book, I'd skip it.

Been wanting to watch that one, looks good, just haven't been able to fit it into the rotation. We've suddenly got too many shows to watch, and a backlog of stuff we're behind on.

Finally started the current season of Vikings the other night. Looks like it's going to be another crazy season!

TonkaToys
04-28-2016, 05:28 PM
Just watched the last episode of Line Of Duty. It was awesome.

British cop show about an Anti Corruption department that investigate other police officers.

This episode was the end of series 3, but it tied up loose ends that started in series 1.

Highly recommended.

Scottgun00
04-28-2016, 07:55 PM
Watched 30 for 30: Fantastic Lies about the Duke lacrosse team falsely accused of rape. I left me drained in disbelief that such a trial-by-media could get so out of hand, but it is a must see. On Netflix now as well.

Borlaxx
05-16-2016, 10:34 AM
Not sure who here watches Game of Thrones, but this season IMO has been awesome so far. Last night's episode was fantastic.

All bow before Khaleesi, the Unburnt, Mother of Dragons!

TonkaToys
05-17-2016, 02:18 AM
I enjoyed it too - although I did think that particular scene was a rehash of the end of season 1 (I think) - not a bad thing with that particular person :eyebrows:. I was impressed that the people behind the building could see what was going on at the front, but - hey, this is fantasy right?

Major Stains
05-17-2016, 07:42 AM
I enjoyed it too - although I did think that particular scene was a rehash of the end of season 1 (I think) - not a bad thing with that particular person :eyebrows:. I was impressed that the people behind the building could see what was going on at the front, but - hey, this is fantasy right?

Oh great, now I know there are people and buildings in this Season...
Totally spoiled now! ;)

TonkaToys
05-17-2016, 07:48 AM
I'm doing my best... here's a big spoiler for you

The spoiler tags don't hide spoilers in the What's New view!
http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/activity.php?tabid=46

Did you see the way :censored: decided to :censored: on that :censored:? That was awe-:censored:

Retro
05-17-2016, 06:08 PM
I'm doing my best... here's a big spoiler for you

The spoiler tags don't hide spoilers in the What's New view!
http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/activity.php?tabid=46

Did you see the way :censored: decided to :censored: on that :censored:? That was awe-:censored:

People actually use the What's New tab?

Major Stains
05-18-2016, 04:31 AM

Don't go getting technical.
Some folk round here haven't even discovered the forums yet! (I'm looking at you Freak :boink: )

TonkaToys
05-18-2016, 06:00 AM

Just me :biggrin:

Major Stains
05-18-2016, 11:37 AM
I've really been getting into the following two part series.
Seeing archive footage similar to what my own Grandpa experienced (in blue below).

Burma's Secret Jungle War with Joe Simpson -

Former mountaineer Joe Simpson travels to Inywa in Myanmar to retrace the WWII journey of his father, Ian, who served with the Chindits, the special forces who fought a harsh guerilla campaign behind Japanese lines in 1944.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has motivated me to continue with my search into my Grandfathers Military Career.
This period of his life fills me with awe and admiration for what he achieved and the undertakings he did at such a young age.

Below is a photo of him with his Platoon (squatting centre front), inscriptions are as follows.

Chindits RE (Royal Engineer) Platoon, 34 (The Borders) Column, Ukrul Northern Burma 1943 – 44
At the time he was the Captain aged 24 – 25, in charge of 35 men with a Lieutenant and a couple of sergeants to support. A group of half a dozen of the sappers were known as the muleteers, which you can understand having seen that old footage in the documentary. The Royal Engineers of course were used for bridge and road building, which again you can understand was really difficult in those hot jungle conditions.

He also has other albums with items such as a small card for “Burial of the Dead”, which every officer carried in case of need, and my Grandpa “Kept in reverend memory of the two grand fellows below whom I buried at Langdan christian village near Ukrul, Burma July 1944 – Lieut Chapman and Cpl Stewart, both of 4th Bn The border Regiment”

http://i64.tinypic.com/e9xjrs.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If interested in the show try the 1st Episode below...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPBvYwj30w8

Retro
05-18-2016, 11:56 AM
Just me :biggrin:

Ugh, there's always "one".

TonkaToys
05-19-2016, 03:00 AM
I've really been getting into the following two part series.
Seeing archive footage similar to what my own Grandpa experienced (in blue below).

Burma's Secret Jungle War with Joe Simpson -

What channel was it on?

Major Stains
05-19-2016, 07:29 AM
What channel was it on?

Beeb 2 on iplayer.

Major Stains
11-08-2016, 04:06 PM
Planet Earth 2 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02544td) returns to the BBC (and iPlayer) in spectacular fashion. With footage that will blow your mind, the series takes you to the most incredible corners of the Earth.
I can't recommend it enough.

Attenborough at his finest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8aFcHFu8QM

Mogley45
11-10-2016, 12:11 AM
You watch it major? How you like that iguana snake part? lol that shit was crazy

DeadChaos
11-10-2016, 04:48 AM
You watch it major? How you like that iguana snake part? lol that shit was crazy

Saw a video yesterday on facebook, is that the one where he escapes about a 100 snakes lol?

Major Stains
11-10-2016, 05:32 AM

Yeah, those were some quick snakes.
Even Indiana Jones wouldn't of got away from them.

TonkaToys
11-10-2016, 11:56 AM
That was like some sort of effing nightmare horror movie - I personally don't mind snakes but that gave me the creeps.

My mum is a complete ophidiophobe (see, I can use Google); she will not go into my kids' rooms if their cuddly-toy snakes are visible, so there is no way she is going to watch this.

Major Stains
11-10-2016, 12:50 PM
That was like some sort of effing nightmare horror movie - I personally don't mind snakes but that gave me the creeps.

My mum is a complete ophidiophobe (see, I can use Google); she will not go into my kids' rooms if their cuddly-toy snakes are visible, so there is no way she is going to watch this.

Lol. My mother in law is the same. She passes out at the sight of them. One time playing golf in Spain she saw one, passed out and broke her arm.
Needless to say, my boys love to show her pictures of snakes from their books the evil little sh!ts ;)

Major Stains
02-02-2017, 11:06 AM
Anyone else been watching Taboo (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3647998/)?

I've found it most enjoyable, filling the gap the first series of 'Peaky Blinders' left (I lost interest a little in the last series).
Always a fan of Mr Hardy, although he is definitley milking his 'Laaandon Psycho' character to the max.
Set in an Assassins Creed type of England, with all the opium fuelled madness that one would expect of the era. Can't go wrong for me.

TonkaToys
02-02-2017, 05:06 PM
I think this is Tom's best acting role - yes he is playing to type, but it feels so right for this story.

Really enjoying it for the atmosphere and the characters, but eff knows what the hell is going on in the story.

AK-Muhly7
02-14-2017, 03:01 PM
What everyone been watching lately? When I'm not forced to watch Curious George I have been watching the latest season of Homeland and Taboo.

Taboo

"a Sherlock Holmes-type detective, a bit more physical as well as smart, but who has that hyper-vigilance; a spiritual, hybrid shaman-cum-cannibal-serial-killer-type thing." - Greg Hardy

https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/taboo-tom-hardy-fx-e1479220234295.jpeg?w=670

Adventurer James Keziah Delaney, long believed to be dead, returns home to London from Africa in 1814 in order to inherit his late father's shipping empire. All is not what it seems, however, as Delaney encounters numerous enemies intent on making his life back in the United Kingdom very difficult. Focused on building a shipping empire to rival the imperious East India Company, Delaney's other wish to seek vengeance for his father's death means conspiracy, betrayal and bloodshed are also in the cards. As he works to accomplish that, Delaney must also navigate increasingly complex territories in order to avoid his own death sentence.

Homeland

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/PuyBZ8yUbyJ2V2-54jz85En5DMpXksLKnxhhOTjDZ04PbdZ2AIN9ECvr6JGeCZZyg _k=w1264

When Marine Sgt. Nicholas Brody returns home following eight years in captivity, CIA agent Carrie Mathison thinks he has turned and is connected to a terror plot to be carried out on American soil, so she engages him in a dangerous game of cat and mouse that puts America's national security at risk. Later on, Carrie gets a promotion and returns to the front lines overseas. She is assigned to one of the CIA's most volatile and dangerous stations in the Middle East, where she is in the heart of battle in the war on terror. Years later, after being disillusioned and placing herself in a self-imposed exile in Berlin, Carrie becomes estranged from the CIA, eventually returning stateside where she works for a foundation providing aid to Muslims living in America.

Gink
02-14-2017, 08:00 PM
I plan on getting to Taboo one of these days, looks like a good one. Homeland sort of lost me somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd season, always intended to pick it back up, but just haven't. At this point I'd like to just to answer my curiosity on how they've kept the show going this long, as the original storylines seemed like they'd have to reach one conclusion or the other within a couple seasons.

Shows in our weekly rotation I'm most enjoying right now: The Expanse (Season 2), Man In The High Castle (Season 2), Twin Peaks (Rewatch), Black Sails (Final Season), Vikings (Final Season??), and Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Season 1). Walking Dead started up again the other night, but at this point I sometimes feel like I am watching it more out of habit than anything else.

HeadsWilSned
02-15-2017, 05:16 AM
Vikings (Final Season??)

I don't know how it's even possible, but I only got started on Vikings a while ago. I'm heading onto Season 3 now. Crazy. I love it. See games do better our lives, thank you FOR HONOR!

TonkaToys
02-15-2017, 07:04 AM
Taboo is good; almost indecipherable in its confusing mysticism but full of engaging characters, beautiful cinematography (albeit grimy, grimy, grimy) and great acting.

Homeland series 1 and 2 were good, lost it on series 3.

Just started watching Preacher with the missus a week or two ago and somehow we are at the end of the season already! Another weird one, involving drunken vampires, homicidal angels and a character called Ass-Face
http://3w46os2x1jd34c87yk1vvkvh-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/preacher-burning-fire-178931-600x339.jpg

Will probably re-watch season one of High Castle as the missus didn't want to watch it originally, but now does... although first I might try her out on SS-GB which starts here on Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y7tHhyowqg

Chefblake1016
02-15-2017, 04:18 PM
Watched the new episode of timeless and some person of interest. Also had to watch kitchen nightmares, as a restaurant owner it makes me feel good about myself. Ha!

AK-Muhly7
02-15-2017, 05:25 PM
I plan on getting to Taboo one of these days, looks like a good one. Homeland sort of lost me somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd season, always intended to pick it back up, but just haven't. At this point I'd like to just to answer my curiosity on how they've kept the show going this long, as the original storylines seemed like they'd have to reach one conclusion or the other within a couple seasons.

I questioned how the show would continue without Damian Lewis (Nick Brody) or how they would drag the story on....but they have a vast amount of intersting characters. Claire Danes, Randy Patinkin, and Rupert Friend are absolutely fantastic actors. The show is well written and has actually been getting better and better every season. Season 6 has started off slow so far but its starting to pick up. Can't wait for Sunday.

AK-Muhly7
02-15-2017, 05:28 PM
Watched the new episode of timeless and some person of interest. Also had to watch kitchen nightmares, as a restaurant owner it makes me feel good about myself. Ha!

My wife and I LOVE Gordon Ramsey...we will watch anything he is in. Person of Interest is awesome...big fan of Mike Emerson...cough cough Lost.

Major Stains
02-15-2017, 09:11 PM

Speaking of food shows, I loved Rick Steins last series of 'Long Weekends' visiting the lesser known corners of Europe. He really explores the heart of the areas he visits and meets some wonderful locals with enormous passion for the food they serve.
Really made me want to catch the next flight out there.

Not sure if they're showing over the pond, but I saw some on Google Play for a charge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzZtclMBg-4&sns=em

Chefblake1016
02-16-2017, 09:59 AM
I haven't caught that one. We have a few shows similar to it here in the states. Mostly with Anthony bourdain.

Gink
02-27-2017, 09:20 PM
Have watched 2 episodes of Taboo now. Still pretty sure I don't know what the hell is going on, but I like it!

Major Stains
02-28-2017, 02:54 AM
Have watched 2 episodes of Taboo now. Still pretty sure I don't know what the hell is going on, but I like it!

Stick with it. A great series building to a fabulous season finale.

TonkaToys
02-28-2017, 03:37 AM
No spoilers! We were away at the weekend so have yet to watch it.

SS-GB was disappointing - will give the second ep. a try and hope it improves.

TonkaToys
03-26-2017, 03:45 PM
Line of Duty is back on - expect intricate plots, complex scripts, twists and high octane action.

Gadnos316
04-18-2017, 07:50 PM
So I decided to give Black Mirror a spin on Netflix.... WTF did I just watch? If you've seen the first episode of season one you'll know what I'm talking about. One of the most f---ed up things I've seen on tv. The other episodes are depressing but really well done. Anyone else seen it?

DeadChaos
04-19-2017, 04:18 AM
Not seen it yet. Will give it a go after I've finished Van Helsing.

SouthtownSlayer
04-19-2017, 04:50 AM
So I decided to give Black Mirror a spin on Netflix.... WTF did I just watch? If you've seen the first episode of season one you'll know what I'm talking about. One of the most f---ed up things I've seen on tv. The other episodes are depressing but really well done. Anyone else seen it?

That bitch would've been dead, no F'ing way I'm having relations with an animal. I don't remember if they were able to determine if the finger that was sent to them was from the princess. I plan on watching the rest of the episodes but I think I'll have to do it moderation.

Gadnos316
04-19-2017, 07:19 AM
Not seen it yet. Will give it a go after I've finished Van Helsing.

It's a good show, with each episode being a commentary about technology and our society. It can be a little depressing and best done one or two episodes at a time. So well done though.

TonkaToys
04-19-2017, 10:37 AM
Funny how life imitates art...

Spoiler alert on this link: SPOIL ME (https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/shortcuts/2015/sep/21/pigs-prime-minister-black-mirror-ashcroft-allegation-charlie-brooker)

Gink
04-20-2017, 01:34 PM
I still haven't made it far into Black Mirrors. Definitely one I only feel in the mood for every now and again. Have watched 4 or 5 and all the episodes have been pretty good. I like that they vary in their subject matter or "point". Pretty crazy stuff, especially that first one.

For something completely different, if you haven't checked out AMC's Into the Badlands, you should. Now in season 2, this show is just plain entertaining. Post-apocalyptic martial arts badassery. Love it.

Gadnos316
04-20-2017, 08:21 PM
Into the Badlands is on my radar. I'm honestly very bad at watching tv shows... I'll watch a few episodes then take forever to continue or just lose interest. But that one for sure I want to check out. Now if I could only finish up House of Cards....

Retro
04-20-2017, 08:51 PM
Right now I'm finally making my way through season 4 of Ray Donovan.

Also loving season two of Billions.

TonkaToys
04-21-2017, 05:39 AM
Wifey and I watch Billions and like it, although we lose track of half of the jargon that they spout

:confused:

Enjoying Last Kingdom s2 and Line of Duty.

Just started wifey on Man In The High Castle to see if she wants to watch it - I've already watched s1.
She wasn't interested when I started watching, but now her mates have said it is pretty good so she wants to try it.

DeadChaos
04-21-2017, 06:44 AM
Right now I'm finally making my way through season 4 of Ray Donovan.

Just finished season 1, quite enjoying it.

Gink
04-22-2017, 09:31 PM
Watched the season 2 finale of Man in the High Castle last night.

I wasn't sure how this season would be, with the original showrunner leaving after s1, and s2 getting off to a slow start. But wow, it just got better and better and the finale was intense. Can't wait for s3.

Tonight is ep 2 of the new season of Doctor Who. I've been pretty disappointed the last few seasons, but this one started off great and I'm hoping they keep it up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Gadnos316
04-24-2017, 07:46 PM
My wife and I have been thinking of Man in the High Castle. She's better at keeping on shows so hope she'll pull me through it. Glad to hear both seasons are good!

Major Stains
04-26-2017, 06:45 PM
Season 2 of Peter Kay's Car Share.
On paper, it's a simple premise that shouldn't be funny. But it's simplicity is what makes it. With heartfelt sincerity and real human emotion coupled with some clever writing it continues to surprise me how much I love this show and the emotional attachment that I feel with the characters.
The 80's soundtrack rolls along in the background at the same pace as his driving, and the casting is inspired from Elbows Guy Garvey to hilarious transvestite Smurfs.

I cannot guarantee that the humour would translate across to all tastes but it certainly tickled me.

GRRowl74
04-26-2017, 11:20 PM
I think I mentioned this to Major, tthfry and danny last time we played Siege. Norwegian Broadcastings latest slow-tv project. (https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/apr/26/slow-tv-reindeer-migration-norway-nrk-reinflytting-minutt-for-minutt?CMP=share_btn_fb)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170427/c4de27d41e57de71fcc85d50cb6eff3e.png

tthfry
04-27-2017, 02:23 AM
Watched Better Call Saul yesternight. I like how they can have 10 minutes without a word being said and without any real action happening but still not making the show boring.

Major Stains
04-27-2017, 02:30 AM
I think I mentioned this to Major, tthfry and danny last time we played Siege. Norwegian Broadcastings latest slow-tv project. (https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/apr/26/slow-tv-reindeer-migration-norway-nrk-reinflytting-minutt-for-minutt?CMP=share_btn_fb)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170427/c4de27d41e57de71fcc85d50cb6eff3e.png

The Welsh did a similar show but with sheep... it was called Eweporn! :drum:

TonkaToys
05-04-2017, 09:45 AM
Season 2 of Peter Kay's Car Share.
On paper, it's a simple premise that shouldn't be funny. But it's simplicity is what makes it. With heartfelt sincerity and real human emotion coupled with some clever writing it continues to surprise me how much I love this show and the emotional attachment that I feel with the characters.
The 80's soundtrack rolls along in the background at the same pace as his driving, and the casting is inspired from Elbows Guy Garvey to hilarious transvestite Smurfs.

I cannot guarantee that the humour would translate across to all tastes but it certainly tickled me.

Car Share has ended now - what a poignant way to finish; it made me quite sad. What did you think Stainsy?

Line Of Duty has ended now - not as exciting a finale as previous years, but it certainly sets up the next series.

Last Kingdom finishes tonight - I keep wanting to Wikipedia the events, but I know it will spoil the story! I reckon Alfred and Uhtred and heading for a messy break-up.

Watched ep. 1 of American Gods on Amazon last night; crikey that was much more gory than I was expecting. Looks like it could be a good one, providing the blood soaked scenes don't turn my wife off the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyoXURn9oK0

Major Stains
05-04-2017, 01:09 PM
Car Share has ended now - what a poignant way to finish; it made me quite sad. What did you think Stainsy?

I saw Ep4 and assumed that was the last in the series.

If so, the ending pretty much summed up unrequited love. That feeling that comes with a swift kick square in the bollocks!

Still, as short as the series was. I loved it.

TonkaToys
05-04-2017, 01:39 PM
Yep - last one ever too.

Gink
05-18-2017, 12:46 PM
Watched the final episode of the original Twin Peaks series. Rewatch for me, first time through for the wife. Man, that is one hell of a series finisher.
Just about ready for the new series to start this weekend. Might try to squeeze in "Fire Walk With Me" before, since I've never gotten around to watching it.

JockoPablo
05-19-2017, 02:47 PM
Watched the second-to-last episode of this season's The Flash. We're one step closer to the season finale and zero steps closer to a logical story. That show has basically turned into a wiffleball; it's full of holes but still fun.

The season finale will determine whether I continue watching the show next season.

Gink
05-19-2017, 05:56 PM
Watched the second-to-last episode of this season's The Flash. We're one step closer to the season finale and zero steps closer to a logical story. That show has basically turned into a wiffleball; it's full of holes but still fun.

The season finale will determine whether I continue watching the show next season.

We finally ended up dropping that one, and the related shows a while back. Honestly it's the best of the bunch though, and I think it was mostly watching Arrow and it's downward slide into meh that did it. Flash was definitely still fun, but we decided to take a break from Arrow, Flash, and Shield as there were too many other things we were wanting to watch and didn't have time for.

At least Flash manages to mix things up to some extent. Arrow is pretty much the same plot every season. Save the city! And every season they just come up with some new nemesis who's out to destroy the city just for the sake of destroying the city. Once they pretty much broke up the gang and tried to build a new gang out of characters I couldn't bring myself to care about I quickly realized it's the kind of show that has no end, they'll just rinse and repeat until the ratings drop and it's no longer profitable. My favorite part for years had already been the flashbacks to Ollie's time on the island, but once they started doing things with that that contradicted the earlier story they'd created about that time... Well, it was like half a wiffleball, all the holes with none of the fun.

Spike Forehand
05-20-2017, 11:00 AM
I loved the first two seasons of Fargo, but this third season is hitting it out of the park. Great acting and storytelling. Top notch.

And the super-hot Mary Elizabeth Winstead of course.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a6/bd/fe/a6bdfe0a754e08d3af96ced7b6e0c970.jpg

TonkaToys
07-18-2017, 02:35 AM
So... spoiler alert

What is all the fuss about the latest incarnation of Doctor Who

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Jodie-Whittaker-doctor-who-reveal-landscape-570x370.jpg (http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/)

So much chatter about this, both for and against having a female Doctor - this is my favourite, from Blink-182 lead vocalist Mark Hoppus (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40626224):

Oh great a female Doctor Who. What next? Female real doctors? Female pilots? Female scientists? Female sisters and mothers? Female WOMEN?!

I personally cannot understand the controversy... what is this the 1950's?

Major Stains
07-18-2017, 05:06 AM
I personally cannot understand the controversy... what is this the 1950's?

I know right? Some people are so narrow minded!
I'm all for a female Dr, there is no difference whatsoever.
As long as there is a chap nearby to help park the Tardis!
:banplease:

Retro
07-18-2017, 07:30 PM
Don't really know anything about Dr. Who so I don't understand the problem. But if the rumors are true and the next Bond is going to be a woman? Fuck that!