PDA

View Full Version : Squad Rush

Spike Forehand
08-17-2010, 05:14 PM
What is everyone's beef with squad rush? The one time I played it seemed pretty cool/intense, but it doesn't seem like anyone ever wants to do it.

TrojanTeacher
08-17-2010, 05:46 PM
I think the issue is that a lot of people camp. It becomes a sniper fest many times and then it's not fun. I like it, but only on certain maps. I prefer the Rush maps because of the fast paced objective feel. The Conquest maps are okay, but you can pretty much bet on many snipers camping out flags. Squad Rush...now, that I like. 4 on 4 for one MCOM set. Definitely a good time.

Spike Forehand
08-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Actually - I totally meant to say Squad Rush - will post a new message. I have played SDM before several times.

Beano
08-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Been many moons since a full squad has been on for ps3. I find it less and less enjoyable to play just for the fact that we don't have the numbers anymore. I tried to replace bc with transformers but it's not looking good for optimus and his pals at this point:D I'd definately play some squad rush with four of us but I definately enjoy the intensity of many people together on one map in full rush. So regular rush still has my vote.

Spike Forehand
08-18-2010, 06:04 AM
Been many moons since a full squad has been on for ps3. I find it less and less enjoyable to play just for the fact that we don't have the numbers anymore. I tried to replace bc with transformers but it's not looking good for optimus and his pals at this point:D I'd definately play some squad rush with four of us but I definately enjoy the intensity of many people together on one map in full rush. So regular rush still has my vote.

Definitely agree about lack of MP's lately on PS3. Wonder if Borlaxx would let us advertise again on the EA boards. Seemed to work pretty well last time (that's how I got recruited).

Borlaxx
08-18-2010, 06:21 AM

Definitely agree about lack of MP's lately on PS3. Wonder if Borlaxx would let us advertise again on the EA boards. Seemed to work pretty well last time (that's how I got recruited).
I am hoping to get a revised recruitment thread done today for Black Ops and Medal of Honor. Do you think we should recruit on the MoH site and tell anyone who is currently playing BC2 to come on over (since it will likely be many of the same people that are playing BC2), or should we just bump the old recruitment thread on the BC2 site? I am thinking we should do both. However, I may need to go back through the PSN ID list to see if there are anymore deserters that can be taken off the list.

I will let you BC2 players decide what is best since I don't have the game anymore.

theczech99
08-18-2010, 07:29 AM

I am hoping to get a revised recruitment thread done today for Black Ops and Medal of Honor. Do you think we should recruit on the MoH site and tell anyone who is currently playing BC2 to come on over (since it will likely be many of the same people that are playing BC2), or should we just bump the old recruitment thread on the BC2 site? I am thinking we should do both. However, I may need to go back through the PSN ID list to see if there are anymore deserters that can be taken off the list.

I will let you BC2 players decide what is best since I don't have the game anymore.

I vote for both. I think the biggest problem with people not playing BC2 right now is more do to school being out and a lot of people on vacation. The PS3 traffic as a whole has been slower over the past few months. Last night was the first time I saw more than 10 people online at one time in a while. Before summer started I would see around 20+ online every night.

Borlaxx
08-18-2010, 07:33 AM
I vote for both. I think the biggest problem with people not playing BC2 right now is more do to school being out and a lot of people on vacation. The PS3 traffic as a whole has been slower over the past few months. Last night was the first time I saw more than 10 people online at one time in a while. Before summer started I would see around 20+ online every night.
It is normal that some people will slow down, and some people will leave altogether, as a game becomes old news. Expect an uptick in activity when Black Ops and MoH come out with familiar faces coming back and new faces joining. Each time a new game comes out we get some new people, and then over the following months some people fall off, leaving only those who find more value to the community other than just playing a game together.

SlapLaB
08-18-2010, 08:37 AM
I've been playing a lot of squad rush lately (last night with oscarthegrouch, for a short while)

It's great when you get 4 on 4, or 3 on 3... but sometimes it leads to completely surreal situation (like 4 on 1)

I like the fact that's it's got more stealth and tactic than the other modes.

Also, I'm chasing my shotgun and MCOM insignia, and that's a good mode to progress both!
Yesterday I was alone defending, so I blew up the MCOM... because I thought I would be alone attacking next and that's +2 MCOMs :devil:

theczech99
08-18-2010, 09:44 AM
I've been playing a lot of squad rush lately (last night with oscarthegrouch, for a short while)

It's great when you get 4 on 4, or 3 on 3... but sometimes it leads to completely surreal situation (like 4 on 1)

I like the fact that's it's got more stealth and tactic than the other modes.

Also, I'm chasing my shotgun and MCOM insignia, and that's a good mode to progress both!
Yesterday I was alone defending, so I blew up the MCOM... because I thought I would be alone attacking next and that's +2 MCOMs :devil:
I got on early for a bit yesterday and tried to join you but kept getting server full message for about 5 minutes then gave up. Well early for me but late for you.

SlapLaB
08-22-2010, 03:21 PM
I got on early for a bit yesterday and tried to join you but kept getting server full message for about 5 minutes then gave up. Well early for me but late for you.

Well in those cases just send me a message and I'll join you as soon as I can.

oscarthegrouch71
08-23-2010, 06:39 AM

I agree that there is a lack of activity on the PS3 front recently.... over the last week I have played with fellow MP's maybe once or twice.... it could be the holiday period I suppose but more likely the time I get on (10pm - 1am GMT) I have pushed it until 3/4 am sometimes as I have been off work but it made little difference. If anyone wants to squad up for squad rush tonight I will be on...... :pray:

theczech99
08-23-2010, 07:45 AM
I agree that there is a lack of activity on the PS3 front recently.... over the last week I have played with fellow MP's maybe once or twice.... it could be the holiday period I suppose but more likely the time I get on (10pm - 1am GMT) I have pushed it until 3/4 am sometimes as I have been off work but it made little difference. If anyone wants to squad up for squad rush tonight I will be on...... :pray:
My daughters have cheerleading practice tonight so I should be on around 6PM CST.

sholomo
09-08-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm always game. I'm on every night past 8:30 EST since that's when my wife goes to bed. Unless she's looking sexy and then I'll be on at 8:35. B-)

How many friends can you invite into a standard Rush game? I know they wouldn't be able to talk between squads, but we can always send an IM to someone on the other squad for what we wan't to communicate. Or we could just call each other...nights and weekends are free afterall.