PDA

View Full Version : Madden 11 (XBOX 360)

TrojanTeacher
08-19-2010, 11:48 PM
If you are interested in a Madden 11 online dynasty, post here. I just got the game today, haven't even opened it, but I am doing the NCAA dynasty with Toker and Retro and am loving it. Anyone interested in an online dynasty??? I'm on board, definitely!

I know I've see Superstar and Doomsday with the game.

I've also seen Lucky Haskins with the NCAA game, but that's another topic. Hey Lucky, if you'd like to try an online dynasty for NCAA, PM me.

EDIT: CURRENT ROSTER OF PEOPLE WHO ARE INTERESTED

1. Doomsday
2. Retro
3. Toker
4. Poordaddy77
5. Teach

Retro
08-20-2010, 09:59 AM
I sent Lucky 2 messages on XBL, never got a response.

Bongtoker A2
08-21-2010, 10:26 AM
I haven't picked it up yet but, I should be getting it next week sometime. I will play online if you guys haven't started up by the time I get it.

TrojanTeacher
08-21-2010, 06:39 PM
My game is still wrapped. Will probably open it soon to watch the intro. LOL!

TrojanTeacher
08-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Okay, just played my first game of Madden in over 2 years and I have to say the following:

1. The D-Pad for "Strategy" just don't hit me right. I prefer the NCAA controls for that
2. Gameplay seems smooth and looks way better than NCAA
3. Am I supposed to tweak the settings to Madden 11 like I did to NCAA 11 (slow mode, 35 rating, etc.)?
4. When it moves from one screen to another, it's sort of jittery, no?
5. Where are the cheerleaders?

I talked to Doomsday and he said he'd be cool to join. So that would make Toker, Doomsday, Retro and myself that would like to try this. Anyone else game for a dynasty? It would be cool to kick it off at the same time the NFL does...or earlier.

Also, do I need to download rosters for this, or does EA and the NFL do a good enough job to not worry about that.

Retro
08-22-2010, 09:47 PM
1. Being changed to the old control (same as NCAA) in the first patch.
2. Don't see much of a difference
3. Yes
4. Online sucks right now, think BC2 servers awhile ago. This needs to be fixed NOW!
5. Knocking on my door!

The rosters are alright, they get updated pretty regularly. They have the NFLPA license so it's not the same problem as NCAA.

TrojanTeacher
08-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Poordaddy77 has showed interest. So I'm going to edit the first post and put players that have okay'd this and we'll see when you guys would like to start. In the meanwhile, I'll start trying to learn how to do the commissioner thing on that system.

Also, Retro, what settings do you use? I have looked on that sports site that you sent me a while back and there are SOOO MANY! I think I read something about Mayhem being the most used, but others seem to have defense types, high scoring types, etc.

Retro
08-23-2010, 05:52 PM
I pretty much just use the All-Pro setting default for offline and All-Madden for online (online the all-pro plays like pro).

I adjust the speed threshold to 25 and the game speed to "slow".

I'll have to check my penalties, but I'm pretty sure I use something similar to the NCAA ones.

TrojanTeacher
08-25-2010, 02:40 AM
Okay, I set up the commissioner thing and sent out the invites along with messages to everyone. It seems Toker doesn't have the game yet. Not sure if he's still interested in playing. Also, I played a game of ALL-MADDEN last night and DAMN is it hard to even catch a pass. Are you sure ALL-MADDEN won't be too much? I think I had 7 yards rushing and -3 yard passing by the first half. Pathetic Also, I didn't see a place to tweak the gameplay settings. I will check them out when I have another chance.

Retro
08-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Okay, I set up the commissioner thing and sent out the invites along with messages to everyone. It seems Toker doesn't have the game yet. Not sure if he's still interested in playing. Also, I played a game of ALL-MADDEN last night and DAMN is it hard to even catch a pass. Are you sure ALL-MADDEN won't be too much? I think I had 7 yards rushing and -3 yard passing by the first half. Pathetic Also, I didn't see a place to tweak the gameplay settings. I will check them out when I have another chance.
All-Madden against the CPU = NO!

All-Madden against a human = Good!

But since we won't have 32 people and will be playing a number of cpu games, I'd say set it to All-Pro.

TrojanTeacher
08-25-2010, 09:59 AM
Yeah, I got my ass beat down bad. Grant it, I was the Raiders, but man...I couldn't do anything. I will change it today. Also, should I allow trades?

Retro
08-25-2010, 10:15 AM
I don't know about allowing CPU trades, the computer might make some dumb moves. But it might be worth a shot, I haven't seen any bad moves by the CPU in my offline franchise this year, so maybe EA fixed it from last year.

TrojanTeacher
08-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Yeah, right now I have them on, but NO CPU trades.

Retro
08-25-2010, 10:21 AM
I'd definitely have player to player trades on.

TrojanTeacher
08-25-2010, 10:42 AM
I don't know if the option in ON-BUT NO CPU TRADES means only player to player. Does it? Also, I took off Accelerated Clocks because I find myself with 5 seconds to get a play off. Not good if you're calling audibles.

Retro
08-25-2010, 10:57 AM
I don't know if the option in ON-BUT NO CPU TRADES means only player to player. Does it? Also, I took off Accelerated Clocks because I find myself with 5 seconds to get a play off. Not good if you're calling audibles.
On but no cpu trades mean human players can trade with each other.

I HATE accelerated clock. It's ok if you want to go with real time quarters.

Retro
08-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Go with All-Pro since we will be playing alot of CPU games. On All-Madden, the cpu KNOWS the exact play you call.

Bongtoker A2
08-27-2010, 12:49 PM
You guys will have to play without me, my wife has ordered the game for me for my birthday next week and I don't want to hold everybody else up. If I go out and buy it now she will kill me.

Retro
08-27-2010, 01:09 PM
I think we can wait. Even if we did start, you can always join in.

TrojanTeacher
08-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Let's wait the week. Also, poordaddy777 wants to know if he can invite 3 other players...non-MP though. What do you guys think?

Bongtoker A2
08-27-2010, 02:05 PM
That's cool I was not sure if I could join after it was started. I will be getting it on Sept. 1st.

Retro
08-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Let's wait the week. Also, poordaddy777 wants to know if he can invite 3 other players...non-MP though. What do you guys think?
I'll play anyone so long as they play straight up. No glitches, only going for it on 4th in realistic sitiuations.

TrojanTeacher
08-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Okay, will talk to yourdaddy777 and see if they're realistic players.

TrojanTeacher
08-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Here are the RULES taken from the NCAA 11 Online Dynasty.

Gameplay Rules:
• 100% sim football(If you don’t see if in real life, don’t do it)
• Onside kicks are only allowed if losing in the 4th. Down 14+ within the last 3 minutes and while losing by 7 with less than 2 minutes.
• Going for it on 4th is allowed if down by more than 3 with 2 or less minutes left, or 4th and less than 5 on your opponents side of the 50 but outside FG range.
• No player may play out of position unless injuries force it.
• Team specific playbooks must be used
• Do not run up the score. If you are killing a computer team, play your back ups.
• There should be absolutely 0 re-starts. If the computer beats you, it beats you.
• You can not move any player prior to the snap on punt returns.

Retro
09-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Not sure if I'll be in this. I might be trading this game in sometime in the next month unless the patch makes some big fixes.

TrojanTeacher
09-01-2010, 10:54 PM
When is the patch coming out?

Retro
09-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Sometime in early to mid September, but they haven't confirmed yet.

TrojanTeacher
09-02-2010, 01:41 PM
So should I not even bother starting the Dynasty?

Bongtoker A2
09-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Finally, got my copy of Madden and got some practice in last night. I'm not sure what is up with the league starting up but, I'm in if we are going to do it.

I can't believe that the game is so much like last years, it does play better, the new locomotion system works well.
So much has stayed the same, they did not even have the hosts of the extra point show change outfits? I'm not sure about the new play calling system because, I don't use it as I am sure most old school Madden players don't either. They could have almost just have put out a patch with roster updates into last years game and saved the trouble of building this game. But, I still must have my football and if you overlook the fact that a lot has stayed the same, it is still a very fun game to play.

TrojanTeacher
09-02-2010, 01:49 PM
If you want to join in, I sent an invite to you and Doomsday. The password to join is "teammp"

Bongtoker A2
09-02-2010, 01:52 PM
If you want to join in, I sent an invite to you and Doomsday. The password to join is "teammp"
Ok cool I will sign in tonight.

thanks, Teach

TrojanTeacher
09-02-2010, 01:53 PM
You owe me a Touchdown for that info.

Bongtoker A2
09-03-2010, 01:20 PM
I was not sure how we were choosing teams in our online league, I saw everyone was in the AFC and mostly the AFC West so, thats where I went.

Retro
09-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Normally I'd pick the Giants, but Touchdown Jesus is fun to use. Plus he gets pretty good by year 2 and is really good by year 3.

I want to get as many human opponent games as possible.

Bongtoker A2
09-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Wow, I was just reading the madden forum about online franchise, I can't believe that it is missing so much from the offline franchise. I have never played a online franchise but, thought it would have all the same things as offline. Seems to me that NCAA has a much deeper online franchise mode.

Retro
09-03-2010, 02:26 PM
It's thin! NCCA owns it in terms of depth. I play in a salary cap league where we had to create everything and use a website to make it work. Tiburon has said the upgrade to Madden will happen with the release of Madden 12, everything is being scrapped and rebooted.

TrojanTeacher
09-03-2010, 05:49 PM
I noticed that YourDaddy is in there, Retro and Toker now. Is Doomsday in? If not, I'll remind him if he wants to play. Also have to ask yourdaddy if his 3 friends are going to play.

TrojanTeacher
09-05-2010, 04:26 PM
TRUE RAIDER FASHION

Okay, so the Titans get the first TD and I come back and try to score. Couldn't. So They come and score again. 14-0 near the end of the 2nd. I manage to score 1 TD before the half and it's now 14-7. Well, I get the ball back and run it to the 27 yd line. Pass play next. INTERCEPTION for a TD by the Titans. X( Grrrr. Now down by 14. Couldn't score worth a lick in the 3rd, but in the 4th, I was able to get an Interception and score off a drive. Stopped them again and drove 78 yards toa dramatic catch in the endzone from the 2 yd line (it bounced around in the air 6 times before McFadden caught it). Well, I was feeling good as OT was about to start and I ask my little girl: Heads or Tails. She says, "HEADS!" Going against the "Tails Never Fails" philosophy, I do what she said and WIN THE TOSS! I was sooooo happy. Well, I get the ball and am downed at the 18 after the kickoff. I choose a PA Pass to start the drive...but for some FREAKING reason, Campbell (my QB) fakes the handoff and keeps running 18 yds. back. I couldn't control my QB!!!! X( X( X( So I get sacked in the endzone...safety...I lose. I mean, who the hell loses OT with a safety! Oh yeah, the Raiders... :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :((

Retro
09-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Two words about the Broncos opener,

TOUCHDOWN JESUS!

Tim Tebow: 24 of 35 for 337 yards and 2 TD's. 4 carries for 27 yards.

Bongtoker A2
09-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Teach that is too funny, I don't remember ever seeing that happen in a game. I am a Detroit Lions fan (I would have been them if I knew there were going to be people in the NFC) anyway remember a few years ago when the Lions back up QB ran out of the end zone dropping back for a pass. "duh" 8-} 8-}

Retro, TEBOW MUST GO DOWN!!

Retro
09-06-2010, 03:03 PM
http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/Tim-Tebow-Broncos-NFl.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b314/rieluv/chargers.gif

TrojanTeacher
09-06-2010, 08:54 PM
I was playing Doomsday in an exhibition game and MAN was there a lot of lag. It was tough to play, but we played on. Eventually, I got disconnected from the EA server, not just the game. I don't know what happened. Too bad, though, I was up 14-7 with the Raiders against the Niners.

He was saying that the game play seemed slow and I told him that It should be slow as I set it that way. he didn't like it, but then on second glance I noticed that I never set the speed of the game or threshold. You can't. So, most likely all the games are at Normal speed and 50 thresshold. Sucks.

Retro
09-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Online play can't be tuned like NCAA.

TrojanTeacher
09-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I wonder why they do it in one game and negate it in the other. So weird. BTW, when did I say I was going to advance the games, yesterday at 10 pm PST or tonight? Forgot.

Retro
09-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I wonder why they do it in one game and negate it in the other. So weird. BTW, when did I say I was going to advance the games, yesterday at 10 pm PST or tonight? Forgot.
Pretty sure you said Monday night.

TrojanTeacher
09-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Okay, as soon as I get home I'll advance. I noticed that SuperStar 630 started the game, got to the 2nd quarter and must have quit or something. Score was 0-0 when I saw last.

Bongtoker A2
09-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Are you guy's using the gameflow play calling or regular?

Retro
09-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Regular, I hate gameflow.

TrojanTeacher
09-08-2010, 04:24 PM
I use regular. The gameflow is so blah. I tend to use the PlayType option instead of formation.

Bongtoker A2
09-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Ok just making sure I was not crazy and the only one who did not use gameflow.

TrojanTeacher
09-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Now, if you create your own gameplan, then gameflow may be more useful.

Bongtoker A2
09-09-2010, 01:26 PM
I am worried that next year the people at EA are going to say that gameflow play calling was such a success that we are taking play calling out of the game because, nobody calls their own plays anymore and you can play a game in half the time.
I mean what, people want to play a whole football game in 15 min. what fun is that. The actual game play on the field is great but, everything else is the same or worse than it has been in years past. I'm sorry I keep harping on this but, I sit there playing the game and think how much better this game should be, after so many years of being on the 360 and ps3. They have moved away from the old way, remember when it was " if it's in the game, it's in the game" and thats not the case anymore.

TrojanTeacher
09-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Yeah, where are the CHEERLEADERS!?? :D

Retro
09-09-2010, 03:12 PM
If the goal is to make the game faster, at the very least cut down on the cut scenes after each play as most of them are just repeated over and over. And you can't even "skip" them.

I think the game play is light years ahead of where is was, but the presentation needs a ton of work as does the franchise and superstar modes. I know they have said that Madden 12 is recieving a complete overhaul with a new engine and presentation system. Madden 11 is in fact a patch of 10, they began work on 12 last year.

Retro
09-12-2010, 08:31 PM
I see Dooom quit the franchise and the other two guys we are waiting on have yet to play.

TrojanTeacher
09-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Dooom accidentally left the franchise. He messaged me yesterday, but I was at USC tail-gating. I'll message him tonight that he can rejoin. He should still be on week 2 and have tomorrow to play the game. As for his friends, I don't know why they haven't played at all. I should be getting new internet services this Friday and my 3 Mbps will be going up to 10 Mbps. My person-to-person games should be seemless, I hope.

BTW, did the update go through last week? Something got updated early last week.

Retro
09-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Only part 1 of the patch went through. The second part is supposed to come out this week or the week after. It's being held up by MS, PS3 got the complete patch already.

TrojanTeacher
09-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Where can I find out about the patch? that sports website you mentioned?

Nevermind, found it...

Bongtoker A2
09-17-2010, 10:39 AM
I don't feel right that I have Vincent Jackson on my team and he is not going to play for the Chargers, if anybody is up for a trade let me know.

TrojanTeacher
09-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Who's Vincent Jackson? I don't follow the Chargers or the NFL that closely...LOL!!!!! Is he a DT? If he's on your team, just keep him. That's the only bad thing about the Franchise mode is that it keeps the rosters you started with (i.e. Matt Leinart is starting QB for Cardinals).

Retro
09-17-2010, 01:50 PM
He's a WR. There was a roster update, but they don't update roster of franchises that have already started. That's a good thing as most franchises involve people building teams through FA's and trades and don't want that ruined by a roster update every month.

TrojanTeacher
09-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Oh, that makes sense.

Retro
09-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Titans vs. Broncos
Classic game

[yt:1krzvmgs]QtgKVhZR0J8[/yt:1krzvmgs]

[yt:1krzvmgs]8e9yzkCQ9ws[/yt:1krzvmgs]

[yt:1krzvmgs]6Z7Gl-wceAk[/yt:1krzvmgs]

TrojanTeacher
09-26-2010, 12:41 AM
How do you get your videos on youtube?

Retro
09-26-2010, 06:57 AM
How do you get your videos on youtube?

B-)

TrojanTeacher
09-26-2010, 11:36 AM
BTW, I still have to play Iceman. We've been trying to set things up, but just haven't been able to.

Retro
09-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Video's!

First go here http://www.easports.com/ it will ask you to log in. You should already have an account if you registered for BC2, if not then create one.

Click on "My Player Hub" at the top of the screen. You will then see a set of tabs, click on "media".

Before you can do anything you need to go into Madden, NCAA or NHL (get the game!) on your 360. Go into your highlights section (for NCAA is will be under "legacy" I believe and for Madden they are found in "My Madden") pick the highlight option (online dynasty or franchise) and a screen will come up with all the games you have played and the highlights you saved. Select the ones you want to upload, this will take a few minutes.

Once done go back to your computers and the My Player Hub media tab. Your videos should be displayed there. Click on a video and it will take you to a new screen to watch it. Under the video click on the "download" option. Once you've done that it will ask you to agree that blah blah blah EA owns the rights agree and the vid will be saved to your hard drive.

Go to YouTube and simply upload the video.

TrojanTeacher
09-26-2010, 03:01 PM
sounds easy enough! Thanks, Retro!

TrojanTeacher
09-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Hey Toker, when is the best time to play our game RAYDAHS vs the CHAHJAHS!

TrojanTeacher
09-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Whoa, just noticed that Madden 11 has an online dynasty website, too. Just rearranged my depth chart a bit right now. Pretty cool!

The Website is: http://www.easports.com/onlinefranchise/franchises

TrojanTeacher
10-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Hey guys, I'm gonna send a message to all of those people on the Dynasty about my "takeover" game against the 49ers. I started the game on defense, eventually the Niners score. After they score, my father-in-law walks in. I can't possibly tell the guy to wait while I finish the game, so I had to quit. I was down 7-0 with 4:00 to go in the first, I'm sure I could have at least scored to tie the game. Will try to play this again today.

TrojanTeacher
10-06-2010, 06:48 PM
UGH! I'm freakin' pissed at the EA servers!!! Not only do I get randomly disconnected during my BFBC2 games, but then when I'm finishing my game with the 49ers (winning by 3, but winning none the less), a message comes out: You have been disconnected from the EA servers. All game data and 'somethings' will not be reported. WTF!!!! I'm so done with Madden. I'm gonna finish this season off and sell the game back! I'll stick to good FB games like NCAA. GRRRRR!!! :cuss: :cuss: If you see a 2 restart or whatever, that's the reason. Sorry guys, friggin' EA is pissing me off!

Retro
10-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Only had a disconnect with Yourdaddy (kind of shady but...) and one other in my other league but that one was in the second half and gave me the win as I was up 42 - 3.

TrojanTeacher
10-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Haven't checked to see if it gave me the win. I was so pissed I shut the thing off. It's not fun playing a game for about an hour and then seeing it all go to crap. (deep breathes, deep breathes)

Retro
10-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Haven't checked to see if it gave me the win. I was so pissed I shut the thing off. It's not fun playing a game for about an hour and then seeing it all go to crap. (deep breathes, deep breathes)
If you shut it off then it won't save, you have to let it get back to the Franchise menu.

TrojanTeacher
10-07-2010, 12:20 AM
I did shut it off. ARGH! if I would have let it return to the main menu it would have saved? Okay, next time I'll let it run it's cycle.

Bongtoker A2
10-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Teach, Can you drop me from the madden league or do I have to retire? I want to trade it in on something else. I hate to bail on it but, I just have no interest anymore.

TrojanTeacher
10-11-2010, 01:55 PM
I think I may just quit the dynasty as well. It really seems to have slowed down with all the people in it. I can "kick" you from it, np. You still want to do the NCAA one, though, right?

Bongtoker A2
10-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Yes, I want to still play NCAA, as long as you and Retro do. I think it is fun and that is the reason I think I don't like madden this year, NCAA puts madden to shame and every time I play Madden I think wow I would have rather played another game of NCAA. I have never traded Madden in before but, with so many games coming out I will be happy to get some money off on Black ops or MOH.

TrojanTeacher
10-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Cool. Hey Retro, do you know if the game will allow us to re-align ourselves to different conferences next year?

Retro
10-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Cool. Hey Retro, do you know if the game will allow us to re-align ourselves to different conferences next year?
Don't think you can, I think once you start the dynasty you have to keep the alignment the same. Think I'm done with Madden too, I tried playing my game against the Jets and I was even up by 24. I just got bored by halftime and quit.

TrojanTeacher
10-12-2010, 12:34 PM
LOL. I'm gonna end the franchise. I'm gonna trade in the game and see what other game (other than MoH and BO) is going to come out. Not too sure if I'm wanting to buy those "multi-player" online games that leaves you alone without a squad. I like the squad play, it's more fun than just running along in a group of disorganized people. The fact that you can't spawn on your teammates is also a turn off...or can you?

DB4
10-12-2010, 12:42 PM
The fact that you can't spawn on your teammates is also a turn off...or can you?

:sick:

By spawn...I hope you mean: spawn. LOL!

TrojanTeacher
10-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Haha!

I'm going to end the franchise today and send messages to everyone through xbox.com.

TrojanTeacher
10-24-2010, 07:29 PM
Sold the game yesterday. I got 30 bucks for it. Not too bad.

Retro
10-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Funny part is they fixed the disconnect and lag issue!

TrojanTeacher
10-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Yeah, but the game play for me felt awkward. Not being able to scramble right away was a downer for me as well.

Retro
10-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Yeah, but the game play for me felt awkward. Not being able to scramble right away was a downer for me as well.
That's because you used the Raiders!