PDA

View Full Version : New Game needed.

MoreCowBell87
09-03-2010, 07:30 AM
I am looking to get a new game to play but I'm not sure what to get. I have MW2, GT 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Assassins Creed. I am leaning more toward a Bioware game as I have never played Bioshock or Dragon Age. I was really thinking Dragon Age because I like RPG's, but I thought I would ask the people who have played them.

SlapLaB
09-03-2010, 08:46 AM
I personally did not like Bioshock, the gameplay was just too "retro" for me.
But then some liked it...

DA I haven't played, but if my days had 30 hours I probably would have ;)

MoreCowBell87
09-03-2010, 09:07 AM
I personally did not like Bioshock, the gameplay was just too "retro" for me.
But then some liked it...

DA I haven't played, but if my days had 30 hours I probably would have ;)

That's what I was thinking slap but I heard from so many people how good it is and how great the story and design is.

Borlaxx
09-03-2010, 09:10 AM
I played the HELL of out Dragon Age, probably around 100 hours total. The story is fantastic and your choices and how you interact with the NPCs has an impact on how the story plays out. The leveling system for your characters is really deep, the voice acting is fantastic, and the battles are fun, especially as a mage. The only negatives I could say is that the graphics, while good, could have been better, the friendly AI for your team mates sometimes isn't very good and you have to redirect them, and there are some frame rate issues from time to time, especially during really heated battles. Despite these problems, it is still one of the best games I have ever played, and I am so looking forward to the second one coming next year.

One thing I would say it try to get the game new, because it had a code to download a side mission for free that gets you a really good character named Shale who is a bad ass stone golem. However, that code could be expired by now. Out of all the DLC side missions, that one and Warden's Keep are the only ones that are worth the money IMO. The other ones are too short and don't give you anything really good. Do not buy the expansion pack. From what I understand it takes place after the main game, and it isn't worth the money.

DB4
09-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Bio Shock 1 Demo is available in the PSN store. I recommend you download it, if you are thinking of getting it. Right now I am downloading a demo of the game RUSE to check that one out.

MoreCowBell87
09-03-2010, 10:09 AM
I played the HELL of out Dragon Age, probably around 100 hours total. The story is fantastic and your choices and how you interact with the NPCs has an impact on how the story plays out. The leveling system for your characters is really deep, the voice acting is fantastic, and the battles are fun, especially as a mage. The only negatives I could say is that the graphics, while good, could have been better, the friendly AI for your team mates sometimes isn't very good and you have to redirect them, and there are some frame rate issues from time to time, especially during really heated battles. Despite these problems, it is still one of the best games I have ever played, and I am so looking forward to the second one coming next year.

One thing I would say it try to get the game new, because it had a code to download a side mission for free that gets you a really good character named Shale who is a bad ass stone golem. However, that code could be expired by now. Out of all the DLC side missions, that one and Warden's Keep are the only ones that are worth the money IMO. The other ones are too short and don't give you anything really good. Do not buy the expansion pack. From what I understand it takes place after the main game, and it isn't worth the money.

Thanks for that break down sounds great I see you like RPG's as well huh.

Borlaxx
09-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Yes, every friday night I dress up as a french maid and my wife dresses up as my demanding boss.

Oh wait. You mean video game RPGs. My mistake..........

RATA MUERTA
09-03-2010, 10:46 AM
I am looking to get a new game to play but I'm not sure what to get. I have MW2, GT 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Assassins Creed. I am leaning more toward a Bioware game as I have never played Bioshock or Dragon Age. I was really thinking Dragon Age because I like RPG's, but I thought I would ask the people who have played them.

If you're looking for another FPS i would suggest Bioshock, the story is fantastic in this game and the feel of it will literally have you jumping out of your seat many times throughout... I know Rata will agree with me on that.. I haven't gotten Bioshock 2 yet but the 1st one is a must play IMO and at $20 bucks you can't go wrong either..
I will absolutely agree with you on that!!! I loved both Bioshock games, especially the second one!! Bioshock has enough RPG qualities too, I love the way things that you can pick up or use "shine" and it is fun looking for them.I also played Dragon Age and it is a great game too but between the two I would have to go for Bioshock and give Rapture a +10 points for the creepy factor.
Also you mention that you have Assassin's Creed, is that just the first one?? Because if it is you really need to pick up the second game, it is so much more diverse than the first one.

Jackie R
09-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Yes, every friday night I dress up as a french maid and my wife dresses up as my demanding boss.

http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/hysterical.gif

MoreCowBell87
09-03-2010, 12:23 PM

:)) Well when you are done with all that you should look into writing review or being a critic!

Any other suggestions for game it doesn't have to be these two those were just the two on my mind when I made the post. I am going today so we will see what I come up with.

Jackie R
09-03-2010, 01:50 PM
I just picked up The Saboteur for $18 new but have not played it yet. I've been told that it's basically GTA in Nazi occupied France.

MoreCowBell87
09-03-2010, 08:02 PM
I just picked up The Saboteur for $18 new but have not played it yet. I've been told that it's basically GTA in Nazi occupied France.

Lol I went with Dragon Age Origins I'm liking it so far.

Jackie R
09-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Lol I went with Dragon Age Origins I'm liking it so far.
Enjoy. It's on my short list of SP games as well. http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/good.gif