PDA

View Full Version : BFBC2 Myth Busters MP Style

ustolemygmrtag
09-07-2010, 09:24 PM
OK, There are still allot of Myths about BFBC2 that need to be disproved. Like for instance, the Flag vs TDM argument. I would like to do a 8 man private match to test this out. Anyone up for it? I would like to do it sometime on the weekend maybey late Sat. night. :-?

Also, if you have one that has not been tested, please post it here, and maybey we can get a list going of things to test out. =p~

I do not have a Video Capture Card, so if you do, and would like to contribute. I would greatly appreciate it. :pray:

Looking forard to doing something that is different than what we have been doing lately. :-ss

CELockwood
09-08-2010, 08:34 AM
OK, There are still allot of Myths about BFBC2 that need to be disproved. Like for instance, the Flag vs TDM argument. I would like to do a 8 man private match to test this out. Anyone up for it? I would like to do it sometime on the weekend maybey late Sat. night. :-?

Also, if you have one that has not been tested, please post it here, and maybey we can get a list going of things to test out. =p~

I do not have a Video Capture Card, so if you do, and would like to contribute. I would greatly appreciate it. :pray:

Looking forard to doing something that is different than what we have been doing lately. :-ss

I'm up for doing this, but gotta tell you - this is no myth, the flags matter. Perhaps we could measure the rate with different ratio's of flags (3/1, 2/1, etc.).

I think the bleed rate is actually adjustable on the PC, but can't confirm as I don't have a copy.

ustolemygmrtag
09-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Great! We can do that. Also, we can experiment with the different perks and the best combos for vehicles. Starting to get excited again about the game just thinking about this. See you all on the battlefield soon, I hope.

ProfUnderDog
09-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Count me in.

TheFreak75
09-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Just name the time and the place!!!!

Toxic Avenger72
09-08-2010, 10:13 AM
yep, count me in too.

Retro
09-08-2010, 11:06 AM
I'll be there

DayliteMag
09-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Can do! I'd like to get a better handle on the stacking of vehicle perks. Does it make a difference if both Driver and Gunner have extra armour equipped? I know that personally I have started running exclusively with extra armour and notice quite a difference in how many hits I can take before the tank goes "boom". Previously I used the Alt Weapons perk 'cause it was lots of fun to have a heavy MG in addition to the "big gun".

CELockwood
09-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Can do! I'd like to get a better handle on the stacking of vehicle perks. Does it make a difference if both Driver and Gunner have extra armour equipped? I know that personally I have started running exclusively with extra armour and notice quite a difference in how many hits I can take before the tank goes "boom". Previously I used the Alt Weapons perk 'cause it was lots of fun to have a heavy MG in addition to the "big gun".

I've been using armor more lately too. For some reason I didn't realize until recently that a heli with armor will survive a single carl hit.

ustolemygmrtag
09-08-2010, 05:18 PM

I've been using armor more lately too. For some reason I didn't realize until recently that a heli with armor will survive a single carl hit.
From what I understand, they do not stack. But we can see. Also, I have heard that the Armor + Heavy ammo is unbeatable in an all out tank fight.

I will shoot for Saturday night arouund 10pm CST. That seems like when we have the most Mp's on at one time. See you on the battlefield.

ProfUnderDog
09-08-2010, 06:53 PM

From what I understand, they do not stack. But we can see. Also, I have heard that the Armor + Heavy ammo is unbeatable in an all out tank fight.

I will shoot for Saturday night arouund 10pm CST. That seems like when we have the most Mp's on at one time. See you on the battlefield.

What's great is the different perks all depend upon what you want to achieve. Hardened warheads work best for tanks against other armor. Alt weapons against personnel and for fighting vehicles and the UAV. Smoke is just a great defensive tool for eliminating tracer dart which means its most useful for blackhawks.

As for a good old tank battle, just wanted to share a strategy when ryou are one shot behind the other tank in the exchange. When you are running engineer with rockets do your head to head exchange and immediately after firing your second shot exit and launch the rocket at the opposing tank. Even if the other tank takes out your tank, you will take them out and survive. I've found this to be very effective on Atamaca and Arica Harbor. If you are running as the gunner, I would do this after the opposing tanks first shot.

Retro
09-08-2010, 07:56 PM
I want to see 2 tanks head to head. One with armour and the other with the reload perk. What's better? Thicker armour or the ability to get 2 shots for the others 1.

Wildbill
09-09-2010, 08:54 AM
I use the reload faster perk...It's nice getting that second tank round off and the other guy is waiting to load.:)

DayliteMag
09-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Perhaps if we have this private "myth-buster" match we could also do a little experimenting with the Sniper rifles. BidDaddyJ has just informed me that the M95 is the only rifle that leaves a "vapor trail" (pls note my use of proper gun terminology) and I'd like to confirm this in "real" life. A big part of being a successful sniper is staying concealed and I'd like to try to figure out which rifle is best, in this regard.

TrojanTeacher
09-09-2010, 11:06 AM
About the Engineer/Tank Driver Technique: NICE! Never thought about that. I do that on Stationary AT's but never from a tank. Good one!

sholomo
09-09-2010, 12:54 PM
I didn't know you could kill a tank / person with the repair tool...that's too funny. Can you damage a tank with the paddles? Paddles seem to be a better choice for the knife replacement though as they are instant kill, while the repair tool has to drill for a second or two.

LOL and i also just say the myth about shooting through the Stationary MG site busted. I don't know how many rounds I've wasted trying to hit the gunner from a rooftop across the city through that stupid site.

DayliteMag
09-09-2010, 01:36 PM
LOL and i also just say the myth about shooting through the Stationary MG site busted. I don't know how many rounds I've wasted trying to hit the gunner from a rooftop across the city through that stupid site.

:)) =)) =)) =))

I've done the same thing a gazillion times. Pretty much every time I am running Recon and look through a 12X scope I think to myself..."self, you can totally shoot that dude right in his eye ball!" This is generally followed by me getting a combat knife shoved through my cranium by some Assault/Engineer/Medic!

On the rare occasions when I don't get knifed, I will usually figure it out by the second or third shot that I cannot, in fact, shoot through that "stupid site", and if I'm lucky the moron operating the heavy MG won't realize he is being sniped and will continue shooting. Sooner or later he/she is going to turn slightly to the left or the right and then I get the coveted one-shot-to-the-shin kill...FTW!!!!!!

TrojanTeacher
09-09-2010, 01:54 PM
I've killed a guy on the MG with recon. First, I shoot. Then shoot again. After the third shot, I send Mortar. Dead.

ustolemygmrtag
09-10-2010, 05:49 AM
That has been disproven. But, will see you all tomorrow night arouns 10PM CST. I will send out invites. I so need a good BFBC2 mess around night.

Toxic Avenger72
09-10-2010, 08:49 AM
I'll throw a couple of items out there.

Do the tickets go down if you are an attacker, go all "jihad" and blow yourself up in the process of damaging the MCOM with C4? I would think it does but never paid attantion?

Has the quad launching been fixed?

[yt:1m6dj13w]rIhUZHQ0N3U[/yt:1m6dj13w]

CELockwood
09-10-2010, 11:30 AM
I'll throw a couple of items out there.

Do the tickets go down if you are an attacker, go all "jihad" and blow yourself up in the process of damaging the MCOM with C4? I would think it does but never paid attantion?

Has the quad launching been fixed?

[yt:3f99enqg]rIhUZHQ0N3U[/yt:3f99enqg]

That would be good one to answer (suicide). I thought this was originally a problem especially in conquest because a suicide didn't decrease tickets, and people revived and thus both pumped up their points and increased their teams tickets beyond what was intended. I assume it's been fixed, and suicides reduce tickets but I don't know for sure.

What needs to be fixed about quad launching?

Toxic Avenger72
09-10-2010, 01:48 PM
What needs to be fixed about quad launching?

I probably should have phrased that a little differently. I think that would be an awesome way to get at least one person toward the back of the MCOMs (or at least close) to hold a spawn point. I could see this coming in handy especially on the second and third set of MCOMs at Port Valdez.
[yt:3hky4oe4]Ujuk2JkRCkQ[/yt:3hky4oe4]

ustolemygmrtag
09-10-2010, 02:02 PM
They did fix the Quad launching. We tried it about a month ago on Laguana Alta, and all that happened was it decinegrated the driver and the quad. 8-}

Toxic Avenger72
09-10-2010, 02:19 PM
They did fix the Quad launching. We tried it about a month ago on Laguana Alta, and all that happened was it decinegrated the driver and the quad. 8-}

I guess we can call that one BUSTED. Oh well, it was just a thought.

Retro
09-10-2010, 04:23 PM
The Quad launching is only on the PC version of the game. And if I remember correctly it was only part of the beta testing.

ustolemygmrtag
09-12-2010, 10:22 AM
I totally forgot about it last night guys. :-" :(( Had some inportant things come up! #-o We will shoot for this coming Friday night. Will be on I promise. :cheers:

Toxic Avenger72
09-16-2010, 08:33 AM
I know there has been some discussion about which recon weapons leave vapor trails. I know the M95 definitely does leave one.

I was in a game with gamertag last night and he was sniping with the T88. I was in his general area, he took a shot, and I could have sworn I saw a vapor trail.

Just a thought.

DayliteMag
09-16-2010, 08:40 AM
I know there has been some discussion about which recon weapons leave vapor trails. I know the M95 definitely does leave one.

I was in a game with gamertag last night and he was sniping with the T88. I was in his general area, he took a shot, and I could have sworn I saw a vapor trail.

Just a thought.

It would be totally cool if we could line up a group of MPs all armed with different sniper rifles and all fire at the same time! If you could record it I'll bet it would get a ton of hits on YT.

Toxic Avenger72
09-16-2010, 09:43 AM
It would be totally cool if we could line up a group of MPs all armed with different sniper rifles and all fire at the same time! If you could record it I'll bet it would get a ton of hits on YT.

This is what I was kind of thinking. or maybe fire one rifle at a time but I have no clue how to record footage and put on YT.

ProfUnderDog
09-16-2010, 02:15 PM

This is what I was kind of thinking. or maybe fire one rifle at a time but I have no clue how to record footage and put on YT.

My impression was that they varied in size and duration. The M95 being the most visible and prominent vapor trail. It's my understanding and experience that neither the SVU or VSS have vapor trails because they are both subsonic. Though a recon the other day learned that they are not completely silenced either as I found two recons when I heard their VSSs.

Toxic Avenger72
09-17-2010, 03:34 PM
About what time? a time of ~ 10 pm CST was in an earlier post.

ustolemygmrtag
09-17-2010, 03:56 PM
About what time? a time of ~ 10 pm CST was in an earlier post.
Yep, 10 pm CST. Will be there with grenades on!!!

theczech99
09-21-2010, 10:18 AM
One night I saw some guys creating a deep hole in the ground with C4. I havenít thought much about it since then until after playing last night. When playing last night I noticed the road looked like Swiss cheese in the spot I kept laying out my mines. I was wondering how deep of a hole/crevice you could make with C4 if itís placed in the same spot over and over again? Maybe a combination of C4 and mines. What I remember were the guys I saw making the hole with C4 had a hard time getting out of it once they fell into the hole. Would it be possible to make a hole deep enough to trap or slow down enemies at key points in a map? Or maybe a crevice deep enough in a road to damage ATVs or other fast moving vehicles. Has anyone tried anything like this?

DayliteMag
09-21-2010, 10:39 AM
One night I saw some guys creating a deep hole in the ground with C4. I havenít thought much about it since then until after playing last night. When playing last night I noticed the road looked like Swiss cheese in the spot I kept laying out my mines. I was wondering how deep of a hole/crevice you could make with C4 if itís placed in the same spot over and over again? Maybe a combination of C4 and mines. What I remember were the guys I saw making the hole with C4 had a hard time getting out of it once they fell into the hole. Would it be possible to make a hole deep enough to trap or slow down enemies at key points in a map? Or maybe a crevice deep enough in a road to damage ATVs or other fast moving vehicles. Has anyone tried anything like this?

Hmm, interesting idea. You can def see how the lines between reality and fantasy start to blur. You refer to the "ground" in your email as though it were "real" and not just a computer generated image...interesting. That said, it's worth trying. I know that when I am driving a Bradley (say, attacking Arica Harbour) it is slowed down considerably once enough "pot holes" appear. It therefore seems like a legit strategy to try and create those pot-holes in key locations (such as the road leading down from the first to second set of MCOMMs).

The other day a few of us were playing Atacama Desert (defending) and we had blown up so many Humvees (or whatever you call the little Humvees) and ATVs that the road in front of Alpha was completely destroyed and there were dead bodies and smouldering vehicles everywhere. Just another BC2 postcard moment!

theczech99
09-21-2010, 10:58 AM

Hmm, interesting idea. You can def see how the lines between reality and fantasy start to blur. You refer to the "ground" in your email as though it were "real" and not just a computer generated image...interesting. That said, it's worth trying. I know that when I am driving a Bradley (say, attacking Arica Harbour) it is slowed down considerably once enough "pot holes" appear. It therefore seems like a legit strategy to try and create those pot-holes in key locations (such as the road leading down from the first to second set of MCOMMs).

The other day a few of us were playing Atacama Desert (defending) and we had blown up so many Humvees (or whatever you call the little Humvees) and ATVs that the road in front of Alpha was completely destroyed and there were dead bodies and smouldering vehicles everywhere. Just another BC2 postcard moment!
I guess you could also try to make yourself a hole for hiding in.

Borlaxx
09-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Could you even make a hole on the road and then use smoke to hide it so tanks and people fall into it, making them easy pickens?

(Going back to my MNR hole now)

ustolemygmrtag
09-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Could you even make a hole on the road and then use smoke to hide it so tanks and people fall into it, making them easy pickens?

(Going back to my MNR hole now)

I have never seen one that deep, but logically you should be able to.

TrojanTeacher
09-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Next time, lets just line up and put C4 all over the road in a straight line across it. Mines too. Then KABOOOOOM! Maybe we can make a hole big enough where the player just falls through the map. That would rock. The kill would say "DEATH at INFINITY!"

Borlaxx
09-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Next time, lets just line up and put C4 all over the road in a straight line across it. Mines too. Then KABOOOOOM! Maybe we can make a hole big enough where the player just falls through the map. That would rock. The kill would say "DEATH at INFINITY!"
When I read the first part I thought you were going to use the C4 to make the outline of a Penis.

TrojanTeacher
09-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Don't get me started. I usually lay out mines in geometric shapes...yeah, I know, lame...but funny as hell. Sniperella has seen me do this. I start with lines, then circles, then squares and if possible, a star. I've only advance to a star twice. Matches always end by the rectangle part. I did make a hexagon once! :-B

SlapLaB
09-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Interesting...
Also... have you noticed shot "flashes" as well? or is it just the vapor trail?
I think I have seen flashes but I may be wrong.

TrojanTeacher
09-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Yeah, there is muzzle flash in the game, I've noticed it on more than one occasion. It's usually more visible on people hiding in dark places though.

SlapLaB
09-22-2010, 06:23 AM
Yeah, there is muzzle flash in the game, I've noticed it on more than one occasion. It's usually more visible on people hiding in dark places though.

Would be interesting to see if some sniper rifles flash more than others... in HC it's one of the main ways you get spotted I think.