PDA

View Full Version : Kill Streak Rewards

imported_[MP]
09-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Post any relevant news/information/commentary about Kill Streak Rewards in Black Ops here.

Here is a list of the announced Kill Streak Rewards for Black Ops:

?3 Kills Spy Plane
?3 Kills RC-XD Explosive RC Car

?4 Kills Counter Spy Plane
?4 Kills SAM Turret

?5 Kills Care Package
?5 Kills Napalm Strike

?6 Kills Sentry Gun
?6 Kills Mortar Team

?7 Kills Attack Helicopter
?7 Kills Valkyrie Rockets

?8 Kills Blackbird
?8 Kills Rolling Thunder

?9 Kills Chopper Gunner

?11 Kills Attack Dogs
?11 Kills Gunship

Psalm
09-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Napalm FTW!!!
*edit...I am really glad to see that the tac nuke is gone. I think that boosting will be decreased immensly. Man, those dogs as the last killstreak are going to make the dogs in W@W look like puppies I bet...lol

DB4
09-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Napalm FTW!!!
*edit...I am really glad to see that the tac nuke is gone. I think that boosting will be decreased immensly. Man, those dogs as the last killstreak are going to make the dogs in W@W look like puppies I bet...lol

At least it is going to be a pain in the ass to try and get an 11 Kill Streak now. However if you are one of those people that can pull it off regularly it is going to be crazy..especially if you hold on to all of their kill streaks until they reach 11....

imagine a pack of dogs hunting the enemy team, getting into buildings where the enemy is trying to escape your chopper gunner.. maybe throw in a team mortar strike just for shits and giggles. OUCH!

Phantom
09-14-2010, 12:55 AM
Don't know if you guys realised that you have to spend COD points to unlock certain killstreaks, and you can't buy any until after level 10. The same goes for perks.

Check out the info : http://www.cod7blackops.com/killstreaks/

Cheers
Fantom

RATA MUERTA
09-14-2010, 06:29 AM
Yeah they give you a default 3-5-7 killstreak until then at least. I think that having to actually kill people to get your killstreak will be fun, but lead to tons of camping.

Jackie R
09-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Yeah they give you a default 3-5-7 killstreak until then at least. I think that having to actually kill people to get your killstreak will be fun, but lead to tons of camping.
Camping? In a COD game? Never. http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/yellowsnooty.gif

http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/grin.gif

johnboy
09-14-2010, 07:19 AM
I get plenty of killstreaks without camping. I can't camp. I run and gun, but sometimes I need to run quicker. Well run away quicker.

Psalm
09-14-2010, 08:02 AM
I'm not sure...because you can't sit in a corner and wait for your harrier/pavelow/whatever to get you kills. It will make you go out and get them.
I think micro-camping will be imperative in this game.

RATA MUERTA
09-14-2010, 10:03 AM
I agree but I also think that it will change the game dynamic a little, hopefully for the better, bit I am doubtful.

Borlaxx
09-14-2010, 10:36 AM
It seems unlikely to me that a hardcore camper will be able to get an 11 kill streak in this game. In MW2 all you had to do was get to 5 to get the predator, then that could get you to 7 for the harrier, and that could get you to 11 for the chopper gunner, so basically all you had to do was get to 5 kills and then sit back and let the killstreaks do the work for you. It will be hard for a camper to get 11 kills by staying in the same spot. Either they will not get enough kills by staying in a single spot, or more likely, some one will kill them if they stay there too long. I think micro-camping will be the best way to do well. I reject the argument that the only legit way to play a FPS game is run and gun and run around in the open like a fool with a target on your head. If that was the only way to play a FPS game, there might as well be no buildings, walls, or any other type of cover and everyone can just run around in a big open room.

iheartpain
11-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Oh man - one of my random teammate released his dogs at the same time as my heli = massacre the last couple minutes...absolutely nowhere to run! :devil:

Phantom
11-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Got to be said that I am loving the RC-XD. I'm running with hardline perk on a couple classes!!

Law
11-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Right now I'm using: Care package, Mortar team, and the Helicopter...this seems to be working pretty well for me.

I was using the rc car..it's pretty neat..took a couple to figure it out/operate good..but I think I like the Mortar team better so far...more of a chance for kills.

The care package is pretty good...I've been chasing the Death Machine ever since my third match ever..I got that thing and was like "holy shit! this thing rocks!" ...I haven't seen it since, wtf?

I bought the dogs, but I'm not sure If i'll ever use them as I think to myself I'll never get to 11...maybe later...

What's working for you?

johnboy
11-13-2010, 09:14 AM
How the eff to you drive that stupid RC car, I can't get the controls right at all! I have problems shooting people. For some reason I can kill people far off that I can hardly see but trying to shhot people close up ends in an epic fail for me. Anyone want to zombie up some time or are you all too busy in multiplayer? It's just I'm sick of playing with randoms who only want to kill as many zombies in as short a space of time as possible where as I try to play tactically and build up as many points in the early rounds as possible.

Phantom
11-13-2010, 09:26 AM
How the eff to you drive that stupid RC car, I can't get the controls right at all! I have problems shooting people. For some reason I can kill people far off that I can hardly see but trying to shhot people close up ends in an epic fail for me. Anyone want to zombie up some time or are you all too busy in multiplayer? It's just I'm sick of playing with randoms who only want to kill as many zombies in as short a space of time as possible where as I try to play tactically and build up as many points in the early rounds as possible.

Took me a couple times to get used to the RC. Exploded next to me a few times. Bloody scary when u can see one on its way towards you!!

johnboy
11-13-2010, 09:34 AM
I have started to shoot them, it takes nothing to blow the bloody things up.

Law
11-13-2010, 09:46 AM
vvvv

Law
11-13-2010, 09:53 AM
I have started to shoot them, it takes nothing to blow the bloody things up.

Can you shoot a gun from the car? How?
all i know is: A = forward, Z = reverse, B = explode

Are there more options with the controls?

EDIT***SORRY JB, I now realize what your saying, yes, I too have taken a few out shooting them, the are destroyed fairly easy (I've had one shot at too, nothing like seeing an enemy, head right at him and he shoots your car!)

=T4NUKI=
11-13-2010, 04:48 PM
I kinda like the carpet bombing killstreak.....scary as hell !

Retro
11-13-2010, 05:08 PM
I HATE Naplam!!!!! I swear that I'm a magnet for that crap.

iheartpain
11-13-2010, 07:30 PM
I am running with UAV, care package, and heli. I think I will switch to uAV,heli, and dogs since I am hitting 11+ often enough. I really live care package-nit only is it good enemy bait, but I have rolled the Grim Reaper TWICE now, and MAN that thing is fun! Though I seem to get ammo 90% of the time :|

I SUCK with napalm and mortar team-I don't think I have ANY kills wiu either of them yet!

Law
11-14-2010, 08:26 AM
I was thinking about Killstreaks as a team.
We've always heard in the past that a well organized team would usually win, eg. A sniper, an LMG , a rusher...etc. all on the same team.

How deadly could a well organized team be if everybody was on the same page when it comes to Killstreak load-outs?
Hypothetically speaking, if a full team of MP's were to set up their individual KS's to benefit the team as a whole, I really believe this could be something unstoppable. (Voice chat and/or text chat in the lobby would be crucial to set this up)

We would need someone to have a spy plane and or counter-spyplane set up. Then someone with a SAM turret to counter any spyplane or Helicopter would be crucial. Everyone with something different would be effective, too. A Napalm, Mortar Team and Rolling Thunder all happening to the other team would be completely demoralizing!
We could always try this out and see how it works, if it's even worth considering and then possibly set a standard for it...

Right now I've been using Care Package, Mortar Team and Attack Heli; it's been working pretty well..
Thoughts?

=T4NUKI=
11-14-2010, 09:46 AM
This is gold, Law !
A team with killstreaks well balanced would be hard to beat !
I'll get myself a headset for my WII this week.....
I usualy go for Spy plane, Mortar squad and rolling tunder carpet bombing !!!
you should see me srtuggling when I have my OK for Mortar or carpet bombing and the HUD is blank and silent !!!! (Can someone call me a #$$%%??&%#@ spy plane ??!!)

Law
11-14-2010, 04:59 PM
This is gold, Law !
you should see me srtuggling when I have my OK for Mortar or carpet bombing and the HUD is blank and silent !!!! (Can someone call me a #$$%%??&%#@ spy plane ??!!)

I don't think it would take much to set up, either.

Out of 5 MP's, if at least two were set up for defensive type Kill streaks (spy plane, counter-spy plane, Blackbird, and SAM Turret) and the other three would set up offensive kill streaks (Mortar Team, Carpet Bomb, Napalm [meh}, Helicopter, Dogs) ...this could be very golden!!

btw, I think the SAM turret is the most important of the defensive, so if at least two people had this set up...

So, to clarify this more:
player 1 would be set up defense only (Spy plane, counter-spy plane, SAM)
player 2 would be set up mixed 1 (spy plane, SAM, Mortar)
player 3 would be set up mixed 2 (counter, Mortar, Heli)
player 4 would be set up offensive 1 (Mortar, Carpet, heli)
player 5 would be set up offensive 2 (carpet, heli, dogs)

I would like to get more feed-back from more MP's and see what everyone else thinks; we can explore this more soon.

iheartpain
11-15-2010, 01:46 AM
I completely agree with that - we also have to take into consideration the propensity of the players to be able to consistently hit their killstreak benchmarks; people that tend to get lower killstreaks would, by nature, need to have the defensive ones, as they are lower-level anyway.

BTW, the SAM turret is AWESOME - totally underrated.

Major Stains
11-15-2010, 08:36 AM
Good thinking that man. This kind of genius intel should be hidden from the masses ;)

Law
11-15-2010, 10:49 AM
I completely agree with that - we also have to take into consideration the propensity of the players to be able to consistently hit their killstreak benchmarks; people that tend to get lower killstreaks would, by nature, need to have the defensive ones, as they are lower-level anyway.

BTW, the SAM turret is AWESOME - totally underrated.

Those players could run with the Hardline perk to help with that...

Law
11-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Good thinking that man. This kind of genius intel should be hidden from the masses ;)

You're right...this is highly classified info!

dinsdale1978
11-15-2010, 11:09 AM
This is gold, Law !

I don't think it would take much to set up, either.

Out of 5 MP's, if at least two were set up for defensive type Kill streaks (spy plane, counter-spy plane, Blackbird, and SAM Turret) and the other three would set up offensive kill streaks (Mortar Team, Carpet Bomb, Napalm [meh}, Helicopter, Dogs) ...this could be very golden!!

btw, I think the SAM turret is the most important of the defensive, so if at least two people had this set up...

So, to clarify this more:
player 1 would be set up defense only (Spy plane, counter-spy plane, SAM)
player 2 would be set up mixed 1 (spy plane, SAM, Mortar)
player 3 would be set up mixed 2 (counter, Mortar, Heli)
player 4 would be set up offensive 1 (Mortar, Carpet, heli)
player 5 would be set up offensive 2 (carpet, heli, dogs)

I would like to get more feed-back from more MP's and see what everyone else thinks; we can explore this more soon.

I like the layering of killstreaks. One or two with Spy Plane and counter are essential. The SAM Turret is good but I have been experimenting with an alternate plan. After running a Strela and knocking down a ton of planes, just for Ghost Pro, I realize that once you get a care package and SAM Turret stored away, you can drop them with Hardline Pro and roll the dice for something good. That member can gauge what is up in the air and going on around them to try and get better killstreaks. You have to do this with an MP team as randoms tend to steal packages before you can change them.

Sentry guns can help protect turrets and some strategic placement of jammers and nova gas can really mess with greedy enemies.

The Blackbird is a very cool thing to have.

Psalm
11-16-2010, 02:09 PM
I was thinking about this....since the ONLY killstreaks that help you get other killstreaks are the SPY plane, Counter spy plane and blackbird..
It would make sense for everyone on an MP team to run at least the spy plane or counter. I don't know about you guys. But, I am not good enough to get 5 and higher killstreaks regularly in this game. I think we are playing at a disadvantage when teammates are running super high killstreaks and are not getting them. Hey, if you are good enough to get them most games...more power to you..but, in close games when I have done poorish and had high killstreaks. I have to reevaluate and I usually blame myself for our loss.

Borlaxx
11-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Carpet bomb = win! I used one a couple nights ago from a care package and got 5 kills from it. Well, six if you count the fact that I killed myself. On the other hand, mortar strike = fail. The other team has way too much time to find cover once you call it in.

RC-1136
11-16-2010, 02:42 PM
I was thinking about this....since the ONLY killstreaks that help you get other killstreaks are the SPY plane, Counter spy plane and blackbird..
It would make sense for everyone on an MP team to run at least the spy plane or counter. I don't know about you guys. But, I am not good enough to get 5 and higher killstreaks regularly in this game. I think we are playing at a disadvantage when teammates are running super high killstreaks and are not getting them. Hey, if you are good enough to get them most games...more power to you..but, in close games when I have done poorish and had high killstreaks. I have to reevaluate and I usually blame myself for our loss.

I agree that everyone should run Spy Plane or Counter Spy Plane. These are much moer effective than the RC Car IMO. If you are going to run high killstreaks at least use Hardline to make them easier to get.

daochero
11-16-2010, 02:55 PM
so i just hit level 34 i would say im an average player what killstreaks should i get? in mw2 i went harrier,pavelow,then swap between nuke and emp.

dinsdale1978
11-16-2010, 02:58 PM
so i just hit level 34 i would say im an average player what killstreaks should i get? in mw2 i went harrier,pavelow,then swap between nuke and emp.

If you can get 7+ kill streaks you should try Dogs for the high one, Blackbird, and maybe Care Package. Attack Helicopter can help direct people toward your location but there is a ton of variety for what you can run. Because I run and gun too much and get killed before a higher killstreak, I run Spy Plane/SAM Turret/ Care Package. With hardline pro I have two chances to get something better with those two crates.

Jackie R
11-16-2010, 03:07 PM

I agree that everyone should run Spy Plane or Counter Spy Plane. These are much moer effective than the RC Car IMO. If you are going to run high killstreaks at least use Hardline to make them easier to get.
That's a good point guys. I just unlocked the RC car and was jacked to use it but now that I think about it, the spy plane is probably the way to go. Besides, don't you get 100 points as soon as you send it up? As far as I know, you have to kill someone with the RC to get anything and listening to some of your stories, it's actually pretty tough.

dinsdale1978
11-16-2010, 03:13 PM

Well put. Maybe when we party up we should review killstreaks and load outs. If we keep this up we are going to be ready for Game Battle soon. =)) =)) :D

Psalm
11-16-2010, 03:16 PM
I found the RC-XD pretty easy to use.. I just realized
a) it is less valuable to the team (and I usually get at least 1 kill with the spy plane up)
b) I am vulnerable while I am steering it. (and if I want to get away from the crowd while using it, I waste time, and it takes longer to get the car near the enemy)

Psalm
11-16-2010, 03:18 PM

Well put. Maybe when we party up we should review killstreaks and load outs. If we keep this up we are going to be ready for Game Battle soon. =)) =)) :D
I am oldish and shall never be ready for GB's....lol =)) =))
I have the reaction time of an 85 year old backing out of the driveway

RC-1136
11-16-2010, 03:27 PM
My reaction time sucks aw well. I was watching a vid that gave a good tip of Aiming Down the Site when you round a corner. Let's you get the jump on people in front of you.

Borlaxx
11-16-2010, 04:00 PM
My reaction time sucks aw well. I was watching a vid that gave a good tip of Aiming Down the Site when you round a corner. Let's you get the jump on people in front of you.
I have done that ever since W@W. The only time I will fire from the hip is if someone surprises me.

johnboy
11-16-2010, 04:13 PM
I am old and have the reaction time of an 85 year old backing out of the driveway

;) :D :-"

daochero
11-16-2010, 07:54 PM
how well do the attack dogs work? i havent used them and never had them on me.

Jackie R
11-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Excellent tip! Thanks! http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/smilie_daumenpos.gif

murphygoodie
11-16-2010, 08:47 PM
the dogs are a one hit wonder

Law
11-17-2010, 12:31 PM

I've only seen the dogs a couple of times.
My guess is people just aren't setting them up in their kill streaks. I know I've only hit the 11 mark maybe once! I would much rather send up a Cobra...

The SAM turret is really working out for me...I can't even count how many times I've shot down a spy plane with it now, not to mention the couple of Chinooks I've also shot down!!!

iheartpain
11-17-2010, 04:55 PM
I have had dogs-it says I only got 2 kills with them, but since I called them in with my attack heli at the same time, they were helping each other out.

I agree with Psalm-it is nice to always have a UAV up, especially when I'm running a ghost class!

Sometimes I just like to run with both uav/counter so I know they can't see me at all

Does anyone use Sentry Gun?

Tembis
11-17-2010, 05:13 PM
I have never gotten them, but sure have been eaten by them plenty of times :cuss:

xMisFitToyx
11-17-2010, 05:17 PM

I had the attack dogs show up on Nuketown..........bad news if this happens........I got killed by them 3 times.........the map is so small there is nowhere to hide....I got killed ..... respawned ....... killed.........respawned......and killed again. :((

johnboy
11-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Dog is there anything you can get on top of on nuketown? If there is the dogs won't get you. Or you could always risk climbing out the window onto the ledge below.

Borlaxx
11-18-2010, 06:47 AM
I think I am going to unlock and equip the carpet bomb (rolling thunder). I have got it from care packages three times, and every time I have at least got a triple kill. Awesome killstreak.

theczech99
11-26-2010, 12:26 PM
I think I am going to unlock and equip the carpet bomb (rolling thunder). I have got it from care packages three times, and every time I have at least got a triple kill. Awesome killstreak.
Here are the points from the last rolling thunder I deployed. To bad I died right after I marked the map but I got my revenge with the air strike.
[attachment=0:3qag0nuq]Rolling Thunder.jpg[/attachment:3qag0nuq]

dinsdale1978
11-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Well Rolling Thunder on Nuketown is like throwing dynamite into a barrel of fish.

Jackie R
11-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Well Rolling Thunder on Nuketown is like throwing dynamite into a barrel of fish.
Yeah...I guess it would be. http://www.theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

iheartpain
11-27-2010, 05:10 PM
:)) I LOVE calling in rolling thunder on Nuketown :devil:

My standard killstreaks are:
UAV, Chopper, Rolling thunder

I have been hitting 11 quite a bit, so I may change to dogs-does anyone else hit dogs on a regular basis? I hit 8 almost every game, with 3+ kills from thunder, so I just don't know if the times I miss 11 would outweigh the potential increase in kills from the dogs.

xMisFitToyx
11-28-2010, 02:19 AM
:)) I LOVE calling in rolling thunder on Nuketown :devil:

My standard killstreaks are:
UAV, Chopper, Rolling thunder

I have been hitting 11 quite a bit, so I may change to dogs-does anyone else hit dogs on a regular basis? I hit 8 almost every game, with 3+ kills from thunder, so I just don't know if the times I miss 11 would outweigh the potential increase in kills from the dogs.

Dogs do some major destruction......If I thought I could get there (maybe someday)....I would go with the dogs......

Rolling Thunder is concentrated on 1 part of the map (unless your playing NukeTown)....Dogs cover everywhere...even inside buildings...

I have been killed multiple times by the same pack of dogs....

=T4NUKI=
11-28-2010, 10:07 AM
I have wiped out the whole enemy squad with the B52 Carpet bombing killstreak TWICE so far !!!!
I looooooooove it ! And what's much more fun, is to call the mortar fire right away after on them poor respawning souls !!

iheartpain
11-29-2010, 10:45 AM
wow, you actually get kills with mortar? I have never seen anyone die from it in game :D

Switched this AM, and called the dogs in on my first match - I think I got 7 or 8 kills with them; not too bad for a map the size of Jungle. Am REALLY wanting to call them in on Nuketown - I have been at 10 TWICE today on that map, and got killed :cuss: :))

johnboy
11-29-2010, 10:51 AM
I don't ever think I'll get the chance to use the dogs. Or half the other kill streaks. I'm quite happy with my napalm and chopper, however I may try rolling thunder if I ever kil enough people on one game to use it. Yes, at the minute I'm that bad!

Borlaxx
11-29-2010, 12:30 PM
I love rolling thunder, but has anyone else noticed that if we get a game winning kill with it the killcam looks hella lame? It doesn't show explosions at all, just everyone falling down.

johnboy
11-29-2010, 12:37 PM
I love rolling thunder, but has anyone else noticed that if we get a game winning kill with it the killcam looks hella lame? It doesn't show explosions at all, just everyone falling down.

Someone has to get a vid of that for me to see. I'd love to see people just randomly falling over! Especially if it was the whole team. lol

KornHoled
12-03-2010, 05:18 PM
stupid question, but you can only have a max of 3 killstreak rewards right???

Psalm
12-03-2010, 05:44 PM
stupid question, but you can only have a max of 3 killstreak rewards right???
yup

KornHoled
12-03-2010, 05:45 PM
k, thats what i thought - thats what ive been rolling with but figured id throw it out there just in case i could have more :P

Squignoley
12-14-2010, 06:22 PM
For tactical games I like to run usefull stuff. Normally spy plane, care package(for me), and the blackbird. Blackbird is the poop! For TDM I usually run Napalm, chopper, and chopper gunner.