PDA

View Full Version : Aaaargghhh!!!

sholomo
09-09-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm so frustrated because i love this game but I suck at anything without a scope and even then I have to wait till they stop moving to hit them. I can't figure out if i'm just losing to people because they have body armor and magnum ammo or because they are aiming faster and better than I am.

Usually whenever I'm surprised by an enemy I will do a strafing move while spraying bullets. But it seems like I have to empty an entire clip into an enemy for them to go down...and I only have the time to do that if they are surprising me.

So I think that if I can train my self to make more headshots then the kills will come faster. I've head of leaving your reticle at "head height" but I've tried that and it doesn't ever seem to match the situation i'm in.

Am I just a spaz or is there other techniques I can practice to get better at the run-n-gun?

TrojanTeacher
09-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Start with the Medic class. Spray and Pray works a lot better and the fact that you can drop a med kit next to you as you attack is always a plus.

theczech99
09-09-2010, 02:17 PM
If I were you I wouldn’t worry about it right now. Your KDR is good enough right now and will improve over time. The more you play the game the less you have to think about the maps and where everything is. All your surroundings will become very familiar and you will be able to react faster to enemies when you see them. BC2 was the first fps for me to play online and my KDR was really bad when I started but has improved over time. I love to use the 4x scope for long range and no scope up close. Although one of my favorites is the G3 and doesn’t have a scope.

I have not played the past two days and not sure if I will tonight. I might be watching the football game tonight see how my fantasy football players do. I look forward to joining you on the battlefield if not tonight for sure Friday night.

CELockwood
09-09-2010, 02:20 PM
I feel your pain. I've had similar issues, that I think I'm overcoming.

I really have to force myself to aim higher. I joke that I specialize in shooting feet, but it's actually true (if I'm lucky). For some reason my natural 'view' is to have my guy looking pretty low, so a lot of times in a quick encounter, even if I get off the first shot I will shoot the ground or feet and get taken out, especially by a shot to the head. HC is worse because of the lack of a reticle, so I've taken to playing more regular to get used to having my aim higher.

I think playing regular has actually improved my aim. It's harder to kill folks, so you have to be on target and stay on target, and you can run away if you get clipped a couple of times and still survive. Though some people, I won't mention names, coughteachcough, have been known to chase a running victim half way around the map and kill him just as he turns back around. :((

sholomo
09-09-2010, 02:31 PM
I just read an article that advised to play the solo campaign through on hard until you have mastered that. Another said to start with your sensitivity low and gradually increase it until it is at max. This will give you great reaction time once you can use it accurately.

Do we have scheduled training times to have headshot wars or anything?

I guess when you're Beano, this all seems like someone asking "how do you breathe?"

dinsdale1978
09-09-2010, 02:40 PM
I have to admit that the solo campaign helps get your started but the only way to find the sweet spots with each gun is to experiment. I love my assault class but have to adjust my aiming senses when playing recon or engi. Medics can often be similar to assault in how to aim, but they seem to maintain accuracy better if you spray rather than burst with say an M14A1.

We have done some private matches in the past but the lack of party chat on the PS3 is rather limiting in how fun it really is.

DayliteMag
09-09-2010, 03:16 PM
According to your sig you have only been playing for 2d. Give yourself a chance, dude! I agree with Teach (annoyingly and for like the bezillionth time) use the Medic class LMGs. More rounds down range always = better chances for a kill. Try shooting center-mass; the natural upward recoil of the weapon (LMG or otherwise) will bring the weapon up and 9 times out of 10 you will wind up with a headshot bonus. If you try shooting for the head, you may either miss or the recoil will mean that your second, third and subsequent shots may go over your intended victim's head. Finally, I would recommend trying to get used to using your iron-sites instead of a scope (unless you are playing Recon class). The iron-sites come up much faster than a scope, give you a broader line of sight around the sites and as an added bonus because you aren't equipping a scope you can snag a different perk (I like to take additional explosives).

sholomo
09-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Yah i played the medic class to get my defibs once I maxed out my sniper class. I seemed to get more kills from the LMG but i attributed that more to the damage of the gun than my skill. As for assault vs. assault or engineer I get owned. I can see the rounds blood spattering their chest and I still die before they do. They usually have only 30% or less health left, so it's not that i'm not hitting them, it's just that they are doing more dmg to me first.

oscarthegrouch71
09-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Try shooting center-mass; the natural upward recoil of the weapon (LMG or otherwise) will bring the weapon up and 9 times out of 10 you will wind up with a headshot bonus.

I would second this advice - I try to do this all the time and usually end up with a headshot bonus on most kills. Also slow down and walk not run when going around corners as it takes longer to bring your weapon up when running so hopefully you will win more of the 'surprise' encounters..... will be on later if you are around.

REMEC87
09-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Try shooting center-mass; the natural upward recoil of the weapon (LMG or otherwise) will bring the weapon up and 9 times out of 10 you will wind up with a headshot bonus.

I would second this advice - I try to do this all the time and usually end up with a headshot bonus on most kills. Also slow down and walk not run when going around corners as it takes longer to bring your weapon up when running so hopefully you will win more of the 'surprise' encounters..... will be on later if you are around.

I agree...

I also use burst fire even when i have a full auto weapon like an m60...makes the weapon much more accurate. This game has a big learning curve but once you get a feel for the maps and where to expect people you can usually turn the K/D ratio up. Look at my signature listing my historic K/D...it's still not very good but it shows that you can improve at this game. AND remeber that it is not a Run N' Gun kinda game either!

Spike Forehand
09-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Your kdr is fine - look at mine for a laugh - lol. Still, I'm pretty proud that I got it up from about .10 when I was about the level your are now to up over .5.

W/L is much more important to me.

As for the scopes, I usually run red dot on a lot of the weapons where I will be fighting med-long range - which is the vast majority of maps - and iron sight for anything that will be close in. I used to run the 4x all the time, and always felt like I was getting outgunned. Also, when I do start to fire I have gotten better at sliding sideways if I know the other guy sees me and will be firing back. Also, don't be afraid to hip fire in close quarters - it can save your ass.

Good playing with you the other night. Probably won't be on tonight unless the football game gets really boring. Dying for an NFL fix.

SlapLaB
09-10-2010, 08:04 AM
To me in BC2 the shooting technique does not matter so much (at "our" levels anyway - when you're level 50 I guess it's different).

i.e. trying to get behind the enemy, making sure your back is covered, following those who run ahead (it's likely they will get shot first :-" ) etc... is more important than improving your headshot rate or your hip reflexes

and that's just considering the stuff you can do solo - with a good squad your shooting technique is even less important IMHO