PDA

View Full Version : Using Your Headset as a Weapon.

theczech99
09-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Since I bought my gaming headset I’ve noticed a lot of sounds that I never heard before. Some I may have heard but not loud enough to pay much attention to. This is a few things I now pay more attention to or do because of having a gaming headset.

One of the first things I do when a game starts is find out what language my team is speaking. Then I listen for voices in the opposite language. Phrases like this. “We’ve got a man down!” “Grenade!” If you hear any thing like this coming from the other team, an enemy is close by. If you have a headset it’s easier to pin point their location.

The other thing I like to do is, run into a two story house laying out C4. One at the bottom, middle and top of the stairs. I then find the best spot to take cover. With my headset volume turned up I can hear all the foot steps outside and due to the awesome sound of BC2 I can also tell when they come inside the house with me. When I hear footsteps I first check the map. If I don’t see any green guys nearby then I know it’s a bad guy. If it’s a bad guy I will peek around the corner and watch the stairs. When I see a head start to come up the stairs I trigger the C4 taking them out. For some reason this one makes my teammates laugh.

These tactics can be done without a gaming headset but they are much easier to do with one.

dinsdale1978
09-20-2010, 11:44 AM
My new ears are ready for this, but I may have turned up my sub woofers too far. I had a mortar hit near me and I thought the headphones were flapping like bird wings off of my ears. :)

Definitely liking using my ears for more than a place to hang dog tags.

DayliteMag
09-20-2010, 12:53 PM
The absolute bestest, is when you hear the approaching rustle of an enemy who is "tag hunting" and turn around and blow them to kingdom come (or, better yet, take their tags :devil: ). I don't know how many times I have been saved by my Turtle Beach headset.

Toxic Avenger72
09-20-2010, 02:26 PM
I can't tell you the number of times I been saved by my headset. One of the best sounds in the game is when you throw a grenade into a room or building and hear "Granada!" or "Oh sh@#, grenade!" and then get some kills.

ProfUnderDog
09-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Can't say enough about my Turtle Beach headset (except when the batteries die in the middle of a match). Having the surround sound with the headset is a tremendous advantage for targeting the enemy. As Daylight writes, I've killed more tag takers than have had my tags taken because of them. I've also taken many sniper tags because I could pinpoint their location from the direction of their rifle fire.

I only recently noticed that the automatic voices, sniper, good guy down, etc. are also tied to the location of another player so when you hear that just shoot in that direction too. ;)