PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for the Wii?

Psalm
09-20-2010, 11:40 AM
here is a link that it has been annonced for the wii with Box art....strangely did i miss this or is this incorrect?
http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Modern_Warfare_2
its down towards the bottom of the page...it says this

The box art for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for the Wii
Added by Gen.CainThe port of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has been confirmed as of April 17th, 2010, from an email sent out by the game selling company Gamestop. Nintendo has yet to announce it, though many fans think its true. It is unknown when it is going to be released. In the email, the following picture was enclosed

RATA MUERTA
09-20-2010, 12:01 PM
I think it would be a mistake when they are also releasing Black Ops for the Wii, but then again these guys make stupid decisions all the time.

Psalm
09-20-2010, 12:05 PM
I think it would be a mistake when they are also releasing Black Ops for the Wii, but then again these guys make stupid decisions all the time.
I'm thinking if it gets released on the Wii it will be fall 2011...
Is there going to be a MW3?.....I am doubting it.

RATA MUERTA
09-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Well after spending the weekend playing W@W on the 360 I am constantly amazed how I can have such conflicted feelings about a game. There is so much that is ingrained from playing on the Wii for so long (I felt like I would scream if I played anymore of it on the Wii that is how tired of it I was). But now on the 360 there are all the differences, new maps (old maps have different features), tanks, details like trees and shrubs, and perks we didn't have. I feel like I am playing a totally different game then what we played on the Wii. I don't see how if they couldn't fit 1/2 of what W@W really had into the game for the Wii, then what else are they shafting their audience out of in a possible MW2 port???

johnboy
09-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Whatever game it is, it's being developed by sledgehammer games. http://www.sledgehammergames.com/games All I know is it's def CoD, wether it's MW2 or an expansion to the MW family I don't know.

Borlaxx
09-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Well, since the "article" is from Wikipedia, which is prone to being total BS, and it uses Gamestop's website as it source, which frequently has mistakes, I remain doubtfull. That Wii box could have easily been photoshoped. Then again, MWR came out the long after MW1 came out for the other systems, so it isn't impossible.

However, like Ra, I think it would be impossible for them to include all the content in MW2 on the wii without making some drastic cuts, like leaving out the special ops missions, the kill cam, and some of the visual flairs.

Trez
09-20-2010, 12:23 PM
However, like Ra, I think it would be impossible for them to include all the content in MW2 on the wii without making some drastic cuts, like leaving out the special ops missions, the kill cam, and some of the visual flairs.
If they cut out all the bullshit and broken stuff it just might fit! :-?? :))

EDIT: Would they fix the game just for Wii players? Highly doubtful. Either way I wouldn't pick it up. I'm really thinking Black Ops is going to be what MW2 should have been. Playing that game alongside MP compatriots across all platforms is going to awesome!

RATA MUERTA
09-20-2010, 12:25 PM
If you even knew about 1/2 the stuff they took out of W@W you would :(( for real!!!!! Total BS!! I feel cheated....

Borlaxx
09-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Well, at least you can rest assured they will leave all the glitches in the Wii version :smug: :p

johnboy
09-20-2010, 12:30 PM
We supposedly missed out on stuff on both W@W and MW1. But from what I have read on various sites some of the stuff supposedly left out has actually been found by hackers within the games coding (although I have yet to see proof). I'm just wondering if they (treyarch) have been TOLD to leave it out. Considering that Treyarch have said they will try and put all of what you PS360 players are getting, into the Wii version, it must then be possible.

Trez
09-20-2010, 12:31 PM
If you even knew about 1/2 the stuff they took out of W@W you would :(( for real!!!!! Total BS!! I feel cheated....
No worries. I already felt cheated with that game. ;)

Borlaxx
09-20-2010, 12:34 PM
We supposedly missed out on stuff on both W@W and MW1. But from what I have read on various sites some of the stuff supposedly left out has actually been found by hackers within the games coding (although I have yet to see proof). I'm just wondering if they (treyarch) have been TOLD to leave it out. Considering that Treyarch have said they will try and put all of what you PS360 players are getting, into the Wii version, it must then be possible.
I have heard that too. From what the rumors are they intended to put stuff in like Nazi Zombies into W@W on the Wii but ran out of time. Everything that was in MW1 is in MWR. The only difference is the graphics and control.

With Black Ops TA apparently has a bigger group dedicated to the Wii, so they are trying to include everything. However, stuff like the Killcam and the Theater mode may just not be possible on the Wii as both of these things require large amounts of memory and the Wii's HDD is just too small. Regardless, I am sure TA will do all they can to give the Wii players the best game they can, whereas IW just ignored the wii entirely.

RATA MUERTA
09-20-2010, 12:35 PM
I think when they say they are putting EVERYTHING into the game, maybe that is what the hackers are finding. They "put" it into the code but you NEVER see it in the game. Maybe that is what Treyarch means when they say they are putting it into the game, its there....but you can't use it.

johnboy
09-20-2010, 01:56 PM
But it doesnt make sense to tell the Wii community that they are putting it in the Wii version, if we aren't going to able to use it.

I'm guessing we won't find out what this new game officially until after the new year.

Psalm
05-31-2011, 10:12 AM
I am curious if Treyarch will be porting this to the Wii this fall...the same that they did for Cod4?

Borlaxx
05-31-2011, 11:38 AM
I am curious if Treyarch will be porting this to the Wii this fall...the same that they did for Cod4?
If they could fit all of BO with few exceptions, they could do MW2 on the Wii. Question is, will it run well like MWR, or poorly like apparently BO does on the Wii.

johnboy
05-31-2011, 12:01 PM
Actually the lag on Reflex is awful too, but you can lag shoot. Which sometimes means leading your shot about half way across the bloody screen just to hit them! SO far I have no idea if lag shooting works on BlOps because I've never been sober enough to try it and when I'm sober I try to enjoy playing with MPs as much as possible. I really hope that it's going to be ported to the Wii as I have no idea what us guys will be playing in November. Even if it is, I don't think it will be advertised until as late as possible.

unerds
05-31-2011, 12:51 PM
Actually the lag on Reflex is awful too, but you can lag shoot. Which sometimes means leading your shot about half way across the bloody screen just to hit them! SO far I have no idea if lag shooting works on BlOps because I've never been sober enough to try it and when I'm sober I try to enjoy playing with MPs as much as possible. I really hope that it's going to be ported to the Wii as I have no idea what us guys will be playing in November. Even if it is, I don't think it will be advertised until as late as possible.

i think in BlOps, they made it so that instead of lag shooting, your bullets will read hits after the lag in communication has subsided... hence the feeling of getting shot around corners... so you actually got hit before you went around the corner, but due to lag you might have made it to cover before the connection just dumps all the bullets into you... THEN you die.

bucksie
06-05-2011, 04:05 AM
hence the feeling of getting shot around corners... so you actually got hit before you went around the corner, but due to lag you might have made it to cover before the connection just dumps all the bullets into you... THEN you die.

So then to summerise: Obi's bullet arent Bucksie seeking then? It doesnt matter where i go, Obi gets me. Even in a different game mode and different map. Obi still shoots me. round corners, over buildings, through bunkers etc. I just cant seem to shake them......

Going back to OP. I would like to see as much of the features as would be realeased. But only if they dont impact on gameplay. BlOps failed to keep people happy because they released map packs for the PS360 users who already have ALL the features. "If you build it, they will come" might be true, but dont look after it, they WILL leave. Give us the DLC's, we dont mind losing some of the features, like killcam, but give us something to look forward to.
(Rant over) :D