PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Veteran Status Upgrade

TrojanTeacher
09-21-2010, 04:14 PM
If you are still a Veteran 0 on BFBC2, you can easily get Veteran Status 1 and receive the M1 Garand for free.

Just go here: http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/fro ... andingPage (http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/frontpage/landingPage)

Sign up and do what it says (create a character). Then go to the veteran page and I think you choose Battlefield heroes and log in and viola, Veteran Status 1. Enjoy the new rifle!

ustolemygmrtag
09-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Well, I did what You said, And I still havnt received my Vet status. Hopefully it will come by tomorrow.

TrojanTeacher
09-22-2010, 01:49 AM
It should work. Blitz and I both got it doing it that way.

DayliteMag
09-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Yeah, not sure why, but just like gmrtag it's not working for me. I went to the BF Heroes site, created an account and a character. Then I went to the EA BFBC2 official site and logged in. Went to the Veteran page and found where you are supposed to be able to upgrade to Vet status. The only game icon which is lit up is the BC2 Icon. I clicked "force refresh", as indicated on the site, but the BF Heroes icon stays dark....hmmm. Perplexing. Maybe I need to wait a day for the servers to update. I'll try logging in tomorrow and see if it works. Will report back with results.

TheFreak75
09-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Something similar happened to me with BFBC, apparently I had to play online for at least an hour to get the veteran status. You might want to check that out, I remember joining battlefieldheroes also but don't remember ever having to play it .

theczech99
09-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Yeah, not sure why, but just like gmrtag it's not working for me. I went to the BF Heroes site, created an account and a character. Then I went to the EA BFBC2 official site and logged in. Went to the Veteran page and found where you are supposed to be able to upgrade to Vet status. The only game icon which is lit up is the BC2 Icon. I clicked "force refresh", as indicated on the site, but the BF Heroes icon stays dark....hmmm. Perplexing. Maybe I need to wait a day for the servers to update. I'll try logging in tomorrow and see if it works. Will report back with results.
I had the same problem. I have the first BC and BF Heroes but never played them online. I had given up on unlocking the M1 until Teach created this post yesterday. I went to the EA site to manage my account. The profile I had selected to use on my account was my PS3 persona. I changed it to my BF Heroes persona and saved my info. I went back to check my veteran status but nothing had changed. Thatís when I gave up and fired up my PS3 for a little BC2 action. After the game loaded and I hit the start button a message popped up saying I had unlocked a new weapon due to my veteran status change. I think maybe when I changed my profile persona to use on my EA account it must have finally linked my games together. Try this out and see if it works for you. When I go online to check my veteran status on the BF site, BF Heroes still is not highlighted.

TrojanTeacher
09-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Possibly. I remember signing in, creating a character (never had to install the game at all) and then quitting. Went to the veteran page and logged in and done. It worked. Had to start up BFBC2 though in order for me to get the Garand.

Sckrapps
09-23-2010, 09:33 AM
Although I might add that you're not missing anything by not having the M1 Garand. You don't need it for the All Bronze award, and unless you're an iron-sights fetishist its not that great of a gun.

DayliteMag
09-23-2010, 09:45 AM
I guess maybe they changed it since you and Blitz got the Vet status. I tried logging back in today and still the BFH logo will not light up on the Veteran page. I don't really want to download and play BFH just to get the M1 Garand (I doubt I would even end up using it). If it was easy, I would go for it just so that I could have ALL the weapons.

CELockwood
09-23-2010, 10:02 AM
I guess maybe they changed it since you and Blitz got the Vet status. I tried logging back in today and still the BFH logo will not light up on the Veteran page. I don't really want to download and play BFH just to get the M1 Garand (I doubt I would even end up using it). If it was easy, I would go for it just so that I could have ALL the weapons.

IMHO, you're not missing much with the M1. I got the bronze, thinking I needed it for the insignias, but it was painful for me to get the kills.

Sckrapps
09-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Yeah, as soon as I learned you didn't need it for the bronze I never used it again. It is kind of weird to look down the list of guns on BFBCS and see that one stick out, but I dislike using it so much that I'll probably never use it again.

Besides, we'll *all* be veterans for BC3, right? :cheers: