PDA

View Full Version : Moving on

DarksideDave
09-25-2010, 06:23 AM
It is with a tinge of saddness that I have decided to leave the clan guys :(( . With most of you being stateside my opportunities for getting online with you guys is a little thin on the ground. I'll drop in from time to time and will always be willing to have a game if you're online. Thanks for letting me be a part of it. I had a blast. Happy gaming. :cheers:

Dave.

ustolemygmrtag
09-25-2010, 09:52 AM
Good luck man. Hate to anyone leave, but I understand. I is really difficult to ba a part of a clan that you cannot interact with because of a time differential. Maybey you should start a European version of MP. Just a thought. Call it Team MPe. Would be a good thing in my opinion.

LandShark
09-25-2010, 10:20 AM
I figured since our UK MPs had pretty goodluck gaming together on the Wii and occasionally with us westerners that you would have had better luck hooking up.

Jackie R
09-25-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm sorry to see you go and respect your decision but in my opinion, MP is a lot more than just gaming; it's a community, a family. There are many people on Team MP that I have gamed with only a few times. Hell, there are a ton of people here that I have never gamed with at all. Still, while the community has definitely made gaming more enjoyable, I feel that it has also enriched my life as a father. It's so nice to be able to come here, not only to find out about the latest gaming craze or strategy but to learn more about other parents and their experiences in raising children. That alone is worth the price of admission. Just my 2 cents worth. ;)

Major Stains
09-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Hey Dave. Sorry to see another Brit retiring from Team MP :((

Being a Wiiman, I never gamed with you. But always nice to know the PS3 side was supported by a few Limeys.
I do have some friends who are in a UK PS3 parent/gamers clan and tried to convert them, but they are far too "Grumpy" and "Old" to join us ;) ;)
I sure you will get more gaming at a more convenient hour with them. Good Luck :cheers:
Maybe you should hook them up with MP for some 'PS3 parent clan slam'.
(oh, and about 10/12 months ago some other Brits left to form a clan because of the time difference. Can't remember their name though.
Some of the old boys may remember or search the forum!) They could be worth a looksee.

I agree with the previous speaker in saying the members here have made this more than a gaming clan now.
I love the subtle differences in humour that occur over hundreds of miles of salt water.
We must be reaching Cult status soon :devil:

Team MP \m/

johnboy
09-25-2010, 02:18 PM
See ya dave. Sorry your leaving dude but being a fellow Brit I see where you're coming from. But as some of the guys have said we Wii guys have had some good luck with how many Brits are actually playing at the same time and also that because the Wii is still so much part of the clan that we still get time to game with the guys in the US. As Stains said some of the Brits left to start up a UK/European based clan. If I remember correctly it's WW or Wii Warriors. If I'm right they left while still playing the Wii but I think most of them have moved on to other consoles. Sorry to see you go though buddy even though I never got to game with you either.

Psalm
09-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Take care Dave...I played with ya a few times. Wish you all the luck in the future. Please stop by more often and tell us how you are doing!

DarksideDave
09-25-2010, 05:06 PM
Thanks for all your kind words guys :x . TeamMP was my first clan and Iíve really enjoyed my time with you. I hope Iíll always be considered a friend of the clan and will keep in touch and join you for a game if I see you online.

Jackie R. I hear where youíre coming from and completely agree. Groups like these often develop and almost always become greater than the sum of their parts. Communities and friendships grow and those involved reap the rewards. Unfortunately for me Iím an absent father with little contact with my two teenage kids, though I wish it was not the case. The problem is that when most are going off line when you are coming on and the bottom of this page so often reads ĎWho is online Ė DarksideDave & 0 guestsí itís difficult to feel a part of it.

Thatís not to say, of course, that youíre not a great bunch and have been very welcoming and friendly :hug: . So thanks again for the experience, particularly those I got to have a few games with. Youíve helped me take my first steps in online gaming and made it all the more enjoyable. Happy gaming! :cheers:

RATA MUERTA
09-25-2010, 05:13 PM
I understand where you are coming from. I have frequently gamed with friends in Spain and the lag can be horrible!! I hope you come by some time and say hi again!!

Raider
09-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Hate to see ya go, but have a great journey wherever it may take you.
[yt:cb6e6flm]a3HemKGDavw[/yt:cb6e6flm]

Lumchan
09-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Sorry to see you go Dave. I know we never gamed together, but I've become familiar with you through your posts, and you'll be missed around here. Maybe you should check back once the next big game comes out. Perhaps we'll get some more UK PS3 players around here, or you could join us on the Wii. ;) Regardless, be sure and check in some time. :cheers:

MoreCowBell87
09-26-2010, 07:11 AM
Sorry to see you go Dave I still have you on my list so feel free to send an invite my way if the timing ever works out.

TonkaToys
09-26-2010, 08:37 AM
I know where you are coming from Dave. I stayed up until 4:30 am this morning so that I could get some games in with MPs. And then the kids woke me at 8am... so you can guess how "grumpy" and "old" I feel now.
(-|
I'll leave you on the friends list if that's OK and hopefully catch up with you now and then.

PS:

Maybey you should start a European version of MP. Just a thought. Call it Team MPe.

Surely that should be EMP? ;)

MoreCowBell87
09-26-2010, 08:43 AM
I have to say I am against the idea of starting another MP or EMP. Not because there would be two MP's but because I would miss all the guys and gals from over the pond.

DarksideDave
09-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks again guys. I wont be removing anyone from my friends list and hope to still get the odd game with you. Speak to you all soon :D .

Retro
09-26-2010, 07:14 PM
I have to say I am against the idea of starting another MP or EMP. Not because there would be two MP's but because I would miss all the guys and gals from over the pond.
But then we can have international tournaments! North America vs. Europe! Canada vs. Scotland, USA vs. England, EVERYONE against France!

DB4
09-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Nice gaming with you when I had the opportunity Dave.

If you are looking to find a good European-based clan to hook up with, my I suggest you look for the TURDs. More than a few of them are former MPs and I have them on my friends list. PM me if you want me to hook ya up!! LOL!

Law
09-28-2010, 02:49 PM
no, it's not that easy...you are an MP, always will be...once an MP, always an MP!!!
You have MP blood running through your veins! Now go, spread the word...long live team MP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, take care man,,,,good games........ :cheers: