PDA

View Full Version : MW2 help

sholomo
09-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Hi all. I've been playing Bad Company 2 for a while but I recently rented Modern Warfare 2 to play around with.

The invite/join system is not as user friendly as BC2, so I'm a little confused on that. Can I join someone else's game or do I have to invite all the MP's that are on into my game?

I'm looking for someone to run through the maps with me to show me the key spots (ie. key sniping locations, major thorough-ways, and spawning points).

I've played for a few days now and find myself camping a duck hunt spot so I don't cost the team too many kills from walking into claymores :-s

I have the hardest time spotting enemies in this game for some reason (unlike the guys who kill me with iron sites from across the map...WTF)

RC-1136
09-27-2010, 12:30 PM
You can join someone elses game if the server isn't full. If you want to join a party send an invite to one person and we usually all back out of the lobby and pick you up.

I only started to play the game in June, but I went to nextgentactics.com to learn about the maps. They have some walkthroughs and strategies that really help.

Borlaxx
09-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Actually, on PS3 I find the invite/join system to be a lot better than BC2. If you bring up your friend list by pressing the home button and going to the XMB, you can scroll over each friends name and it will not only tell you that they are playing MW2, but it will also tell you what map and what mode they are playing (this way you can see if a bunch of people are teamed up because they are all on the same map.) Then you can just bring up the messaging options, and there will be specific options for MW2. You can invite someone to join your party if you are not in a lobby, or invite them to join your lobby if you are already in one, although doing the second option means they may get put on the other team. Also, if there is room for you to join the game they are already in, that option will also show up, but if their lobby is full, that option will not be available. Basically everything runs through the XMB.

REMEC87
09-27-2010, 12:39 PM
My advice is to return MW2 to the video store and start playing BC2 again (@Borlaxx - BC2, the superior game. :)) )

I figured i needed to balance the BC2 bashing from our leader with a little MW2 bashing.

:hug: Just kidding.

sholomo
09-27-2010, 12:55 PM
gotcha, thanks. I've only ever seen the "invite to party" option. So theoretically i could just highlight their name and wait for the next game to jump into that lobby?

And WOW...thanks for that website. I know what I'm spending the next 5 days at work doing :D

Borlaxx
09-27-2010, 01:48 PM
My advice is to return MW2 to the video store and start playing BC2 again (@Borlaxx - BC2, the superior game. :)) )

I figured i needed to balance the BC2 bashing from our leader with a little MW2 bashing.

:hug: Just kidding.
Have I mentioned that as an admin I have the ability to change your avatar pic to a penis and your name to "Sergeant Sausage?" :p

Jackie R
09-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Have I mentioned that as an admin I have the ability to change your avatar pic to a penis and your name to "Sergeant Sausage?" :p
http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/hysterical.gif

TonkaToys
09-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Then you can just bring up the messaging options, and there will be specific options for MW2.

Just discovered this weekend that you don't have to go into your friend's profile to get to the message options and then invite them.
Instead highlight their name and press Triangle - then you can invite them or join them without having to wait for trophy updates etc.

johnboy
09-27-2010, 05:39 PM
@ sholomo. Next gen tactics also do BFBC2, W@W and Halo reach stuff but MW2 is probably the most in depth. I can't wait until Black Ops comes out to see the difference between the Wii version and PS360 versions. You might like to check out their YouTube as well.