PDA

View Full Version : Some questions answered

dinsdale1978
09-27-2010, 12:38 PM
From http://www.iplaycod.com/forums/42-call-of-duty-black-ops-forum/4131-vahn-gives-some-clarification-black-ops.cod

@ios37 : Rumor to unlock and buy the Classified guns you have to buy all the guns in the same class. True or False
@DavidVonderhaar : Not a rumor. Fact.

@davedemp8 : Can you give us a hint to how many maps there will be in multiplayer?? thanks!
@DavidVonderhaar : 14. That was declassified on Sept 1st, but not widely published.

@sythangelwing : Can someone "join session" via splitscreen?
@DavidVonderhaar : Not exactly.You have to sign in before the game lobby. We treat the splitscreen player like being a member of your COD Party.

@scientificking : keeping track of k/d ratio causes people to back out of strong lobbies, and seek weak lobbies even w/o dashboarding
@DavidVonderhaar : We have a record of everyone who doesn't finish games they start. A clear abuser (not souls with bad luck) will get smacked.

@SOG_Krunch : can guests join wager matches? If so, i predict people plugging in extra controllers and boosting for cP
@DavidVonderhaar : Only in the Low Limit games and even then I can disable Splitscreen from any playlist if it gets out of hand.

@ColdSteel17 : In MP Splitscreen mode, will my friend need his own Xbox LIVE Gold account, or can he use a LIVE guest account???
@DavidVonderhaar | 2 : We support both guests and having two Live profiles.Guests obviously have more limits since they do not "accounts." They are considered in your COD party and subject to the same rules as any COD party.

@davedemp8 : Can you comment on the SoH pro, quickscopeing problem? IMO it took the skill out of quickscoping.
@DavidVonderhaar : Let me try that again. Sleight of Hand Pro does not work with any sniper class weapon.

@BC_1000 : can the chopper gunner be head shot and killed... That would suck though!
@DavidVonderhaar : No.

Borlaxx
09-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the info, but not sure about this part:

@scientificking : keeping track of k/d ratio causes people to back out of strong lobbies, and seek weak lobbies even w/o dashboarding
@DavidVonderhaar : We have a record of everyone who doesn't finish games they start. A clear abuser (not souls with bad luck) will get smacked

I wonder what they mean by "smacked." I think he is probably just joking and saying they will be a stat showing how many times people have quit during a match and that is all. Someone brought up the idea of loosing XP when you rage quit before on this site, and like I said then, that isn't fair, as some times you get a really crappy host and you shouldn't have to deal with that and should be able to leave without loosing XP, and as parents we sometimes have to leave during a match because real life Call of Duty dictates as such.

DB4
09-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the info, but not sure about this part:

@DavidVonderhaar : We have a record of everyone who doesn't finish games they start. A clear abuser (not souls with bad luck) will get smacked

I wonder what they mean by "smacked." I think he is probably just joking and saying they will be a stat showing how many times people have quit during a match and that is all. Someone brought up the idea of loosing XP when you rage quit before on this site, and like I said then, that isn't fair, as some times you get a really crappy host and you shouldn't have to deal with that and should be able to leave without loosing XP, and as parents we sometimes have to leave during a match because real life Call of Duty dictates as such.

Rage Quit stats would be awesome...

..but it will not be so awesome for Trez. :))

RC-1136
09-27-2010, 02:41 PM
I heard in Halo Reach you can get banned or "punished" for rage quitting. One of the YouTube commentators was talking about it.

Borlaxx
09-27-2010, 03:02 PM
I heard in Halo Reach you can get banned or "punished" for rage quitting. One of the YouTube commentators was talking about it.
IMO that is just stupid. I can understand the rational behind it, but there are many times I have to quit during a match because my son wakes up or the wife needs something, and these instances are going to be more frequent when Ryker is born in January. If I start getting "punished" for quitting during a match I'm going to be really fucking pissed! :cuss: If they ban me for it, I guess I will never be buying another CoD game ever again X(

dinsdale1978
09-27-2010, 03:21 PM
IMO that is just stupid. I can understand the rational behind it, but there are many times I have to quit during a match because my son wakes up or the wife needs something, and these instances are going to be more frequent when Ryker is born in January. If I start getting "punished" for quitting during a match I'm going to be really **** pissed! :cuss: If they ban me for it, I guess I will never be buying another CoD game ever again X(

I feel your pain. I wonder if you would just turn the system off and it would register as a disconnect rather than quit to main menu, hence rage quit?

Time will tell. I imagine that if they get enough complaints things may change.

xMisFitToyx
09-27-2010, 04:03 PM
I would imagine that they wouldn't be that strict.
IMO, I think they would keep up w/ the players that bail in the last few seconds to avoid a loss.......

Jackie R
09-27-2010, 05:40 PM
IMO that is just stupid. I can understand the rational behind it, but there are many times I have to quit during a match because my son wakes up or the wife needs something, and these instances are going to be more frequent when Ryker is born in January. If I start getting "punished" for quitting during a match I'm going to be really fucking pissed! :cuss: If they ban me for it, I guess I will never be buying another CoD game ever again X(
And that is why you need to give Medal of Honor a try. http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Seriously though, I agree with you. If you need to leave, well then, you need to leave. Besides, what about those poor souls who suffer a couple of connection breakdowns? Do they get the smack down laid on them too? http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/sticksmack.gif

johnboy
09-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Can't believe how many times I've been kicked from a match to find everyone else is still in there kicking arse. Just because the host (not me) had a lousy connection. Why do I get kicked? It should just end the game. I also get a lot of when I'm hosting a party, go into a lobby and I get put into a match and everyone else is still waiting in the lobby but without me. Why should I get penalised for leaving a match for either of those reasons. Not that I think they will be looking at what's happening on the Wii too much since PS360 are much higher profile systems.

Retro
09-27-2010, 05:59 PM
As was already said, I believe they will be tracking those who quit right at the end of a round so they can avoid the loss. I'm all for it, I hate pussies who pull that crap! Take your loss like a man! I'm sure they would not punish disconnects. But if they see that you always seem to "disconnect" at the end of a match, you will probably get some kind of punishment, more public shame than a ban I would imagine.

johnboy
09-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Thing is, unless you are host on Reflex if you quit it counts as a loss. I don't understand how, if you are host and you quit if you are winning how does it count as a win since it should actually count as a loss. Unless it doesn't and only counts as a win for the rest of your team? Hopefully you understand what I mean.