PDA

View Full Version : Zombies are confirmed.

dinsdale1978
09-28-2010, 11:43 AM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/500x_black_ops_zombies.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5649139/call-of-duty-black-ops-welcomes-back-nazi-zombie-hordes

Call of Duty(R): Black Ops Co-Op to Include Zombies
The Call of Duty Community's Favorite Un-Dead Make Their Return in The Year's Most-Anticipated Entertainment Launch

Taking the wraps off one of the most anticipated features and worst kept secrets, Treyarch revealed today that the community-favorite "Zombies" is coming to Call of Duty(R): Black Ops which hits stores worldwide on November 9th, by Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI). Zombies were originally introduced in Call of Duty(R): World at War and became an instant hit. Call of Duty: Black Ops fans can combat the zombie apocalypse in up to four-player co-op gameplay.

"Zombies have been such a hit with our community that we were committed to bringing brand new zombie experiences to Call of Duty: Black Ops," says Treyarch Studio Head, Mark Lamia. "We've taken extra special care to retain the essential ingredients of our Zombie game, and have also crafted a nice surprise for the fans."

Today's news follows the announcement that four updated co-op maps from Call of Duty: World at War will be made available as part of the Call of Duty(R): Black Ops Prestige and Hardened Editions, along with the premium edition Steelbook(TM) Case, custom Black Ops limited edition medal and an exclusive Black Ops Avatar outfit.

Gamers can also experience an all new co-op game in Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer with Combat Training. Up to six players can rank up in this dedicated and exclusive multiplayer mode battling against enemy AI.

Call of Duty: Black Ops will release worldwide on November 9th. Pre-orders for the title are available now. Call of Duty: Black Ops for the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation(R) 3 computer entertainment system, Nintendo Wii(TM) and Windows(R) PC is rated "M" (Mature -- Blood, Drug Reference, Intense Violence and Language). Also scheduled for release is Call of Duty: Black Ops for the Nintendo DS(TM) family of hand-held systems, which is rated "T" (Teen) by the ESRB and in development by n-Space.

Additionally, fans who can't wait for the November 9th release of Call of Duty: Black Ops can hone their zombie combat skills on iPhone and iPod Touch starting tomorrow with the newest map release for Call of Duty: ZOMBIES, Der Riese ("Zombie Factory"), which is an adaptation of the popular downloadable content originally released for Call of Duty: World at War. Call of Duty: ZOMBIES is developed by Ideaworks Game Studio for the iPhone and iPod touch, based on Treyarch's console version, and now all four maps from the original game are available for $4.99 from the App Store at iTunes Store.
Treyarch's beloved addition of undead to the Call of Duty series looks to continue in the next entry, Call of Duty: Black Ops. Not exactly a surprise, but an returning feature apparently confirmed today by the game's strategy guide.

CVG spotted the inclusion of "Nazi zombie coverage" in the Brady Games official guide to Black Ops, which promises "a complete walkthrough to the gritty Cold War-era Campaign mode, tips and tricks to rank up in Multiplayer, how to excel in Co-Op, or fight back the relentless Nazi Zombie horde."

The Call of Duty: Black Ops web site GKNOVA6 is now teeming with Nazi zombie imagery, heralding an official confirmation of the popular gameplay mode. Who wants to place bets on mad Russian scientists mistakenly letting thousands of on-ice undead Nazis loose upon Black Ops players?

Also according to CVG, the new issue of Edge magazine features an interview with Treyarch's Mark Lamia, who claims that the Call of Duty developer has "continued to evolve [Nazi Zombies] after World At War."

"...There was a dialogue going on with some of our hardcore community, and we were able to interact with the community and evolve - we did that with our zombie lore," Lamia tells Edge.

Let's hope this doesn't rule out zombie Vietcong! Or is that a bad idea?

RATA MUERTA
09-28-2010, 12:54 PM
And here I was thinking that they would do Commie Zombies, not as good as Nazi Zombies but it has a ring to it.

johnboy
09-28-2010, 01:25 PM
I think I read/heard somewhere the extra maps for prestige/hardened editions are zombie maps from w@w. Don't know if they will be updated though. Think that more or less confirms that they will be included. As for wii edition, I'm hoping for at least one zombie map. Hopefully co-op as well.

dinsdale1978
09-28-2010, 01:49 PM
http://www.gknova6.com/index.php

I think it might be Commie Zombies. This odd site seems to show Russian "scientific" experiments and zombies in the same screens. Could be what we hoped for...

Retro
09-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Guess I'm alone on this, I don't want zombies in a game like this. There are better things to be added that would fit with the setting better.

Zombies in Deadrising & Left 4 Dead = Good
Zombies in Call of Duty = =;

Retro
09-29-2010, 08:54 AM
Ugh...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1124219p1.html

Zombies confirmed #-o

dinsdale1978
09-29-2010, 09:03 AM
Guess I'm alone on this, I don't want zombies in a game like this. There are better things to be added that would fit with the setting better.

Zombies in Deadrising & Left 4 Dead = Good
Zombies in Call of Duty = =;

I think it will be fun. Yeah it doesn't make much sense, but you don't have to play it. If it was a segment of the SP or on a mode rotation for MP I could see how this makes the game unappealing, but it's just an extra feature. There is going to be too much to do in Black Ops.

Retro
09-29-2010, 09:24 AM
I think it will be fun. Yeah it doesn't make much sense, but you don't have to play it. If it was a segment of the SP or on a mode rotation for MP I could see how this makes the game unappealing, but it's just an extra feature. There is going to be too much to do in Black Ops.
I know I can just skip it (and will) but my point is, I'd prefer they worked on modes and add-ons that fit with the game. I mean what's next? Are they going to do a Jedi mode where you get a lightsaber and run around force choking other players?
Battlefield and Call of Duty are suppose to be somewhat grounded in reality, I'd just prefer to see any extra's focused on that reality. I just think this kind of add-on takes away from them doing else that would fit with the game.

Trez
09-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Maybe I was just jaded because the Wii version of WaW didn't have Zombies, but I also thought they were a bit inappropriate in a war game that depicted real world events. It's almost as if they were making light of the situation while simultaneously trying to cash in on a fad.

It seems to me that Black Ops is taking a more fictitious approach to the storytelling of this game. It looks like a science experiment gone wrong. Maybe commies trying to make a super soldier but instead created walking undead.

I don't really mind it in this instance, but still kind of feel they were inappropriate for Treyarch's last offering.

Borlaxx
09-29-2010, 09:33 AM
I know I can just skip it (and will) but my point is, I'd prefer they worked on modes and add-ons that fit with the game. I mean what's next? Are they going to do a Jedi mode where you get a lightsaber and run around force choking other players?
Battlefield and Call of Duty are suppose to be somewhat grounded in reality, I'd just prefer to see any extra's focused on that reality. I just think this kind of add-on takes away from them doing else that would fit with the game.
They could add Zombies to a Leap Frog game and I would play it......

DB4
09-29-2010, 09:44 AM
As far as the Zombies being appropriate for this kind of game, they are appropriate because they do not interfere with the story of the game what-so-ever. You are not going to randomly have zombies come after you during the campaign. I didn't feel that Nazi Zombies was out of place in W@W for this reason. I also feel that it wasn't a game mode that Treyarch decided to throw in to capitalize on a fad. Treyarch created the Zombie fad in games. They aren't the first people to put the undead in a game but they took it to a level that games like Resident Evil never reached. They also did a great job in presentation and execution; it didn't seem hokie at all.

Also, Zombies in Black-Ops are what the community wants. So you can't be mad at Treyarch for listening to the community and making it happen.

Zombies FTW!

RC-1136
09-29-2010, 09:51 AM

I would definately get Zombies for my son's Leapster 2. That would be epic. Much better than Numbers on the Run. unless the numbers are running from Zombies.

Retro
09-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Guess that when I see stuff like this it makes me worry the game is not up to snuff and they are relying on a weak gimmick to pull people in.
Oh well, to each their own. As long as the single player campaign can go longer than 10 hours I'll be happy, if it's another 5 hour joke like MW2 then CoD is dead to me.

RATA MUERTA
09-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Can I "Like" this comment??? =)) =))

Zombies in W@W were so well done, it is almost as fun as playing any L4D series game. And I say almost because there are only a few levels and two kinds of zombies (counting dogs) otherwise it could stand on its own IMO.

dinsdale1978
09-29-2010, 11:06 AM

I hear ya there. I guess Battlefield has been pushing authenticity more than COD. I remember thinking about the load outs in MW2 and laughing at the "realism" in my character carrying an RPG, multiple grenades, and an LMG; without making a sound and being able to leap off tall building to knife someone with a super leap. With that in mind, zombies are actually more plausible. :)) :devil: :-B

RATA MUERTA
09-29-2010, 11:25 AM
I know this doesn't apply to everyone but many people play video games to escape reality. If I wanted realism I could join the army, or go to the gun range, but I don't because I do play video games to do things that I couldn't/wouldn't do in reality. If video games were totally realistic no one would want to play them, they would be boring!! So for me I welcome Zombie Nazis or Zombies Commies whatever they may be!! :))

Retro
09-29-2010, 01:57 PM
I know this doesn't apply to everyone but many people play video games to escape reality. If I wanted realism I could join the army, or go to the gun range, but I don't because I do play video games to do things that I couldn't/wouldn't do in reality. If video games were totally realistic no one would want to play them, they would be boring!! So for me I welcome Zombie Nazis or Zombies Commies whatever they may be!! :))
I like escapizm, (hello Mass Effect!) but like certain people here have said in other threads about not liking Halo or the thought of CoD being set in "space" because they want their shooter to be grounded in a more realistic setting. Well for me having zombies in the game is no different than having the Covenant from Halo show up.

Certain games pass themselves off as having a particular level of realisim and I prefer it when they stick to it. When I play Mass Effect I can accept that I'm in a universe where my player can have "force" like powers and fly around in a starship all over the galaxy. When I play CoD or BF there is a reality created for that game.

Borlaxx
09-29-2010, 02:30 PM
I like escapizm, (hello Mass Effect!) but like certain people here have said in other threads about not liking Halo or the thought of CoD being set in "space" because they want their shooter to be grounded in a more realistic setting. Well for me having zombies in the game is no different than having the Covenant from Halo show up.

Certain games pass themselves off as having a particular level of realisim and I prefer it when they stick to it. When I play Mass Effect I can accept that I'm in a universe where my player can have "force" like powers and fly around in a starship all over the galaxy. When I play CoD or BF there is a reality created for that game.
The Zombie War is a looming reality. Be prepared (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zombie_Survival_Guide)! :devil:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c2/Zombiesurvivalguide.jpg/180px-Zombiesurvivalguide.jpg

johnboy
09-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Can I "Like" this comment??? =)) =))

If it were to be on fb, you could.

Retro
09-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Read a comment on an IGN thread about this. "The only zombies here are the mindless people who keep buying CoD games each year". Now that's funny, even if it is taking a shot at me.

johnboy
09-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Just read a tweet from @JD_2020 who said cod black ops to have MORE zombies. @ B. That one's for you buddy.
Oh and one of the w@w zombie maps will be released on iPhone and ipod touch tomorrow. Can't remember which map or should I say, can't spell it.

dinsdale1978
09-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Just read a tweet from @JD_2020 who said cod black ops to have MORE zombies. @ B. That one's for you buddy.
Oh and one of the w@w zombie maps will be released on iPhone and ipod touch tomorrow. Can't remember which map or should I say, can't spell it.

There's actually four maps on the app. I am getting it soon, just haven't had time to download and synch.

johnboy
09-30-2010, 07:53 PM
The time I first saw what @JD2020 first tweeted he only mentioned one, I actually read later that @Treyarch had retweeted saying there were going to be the 4. Just couldnt be bothered to come and change it. My bad.

If Zombies have anything to do with our top-secret Co-Op mode, then it's a safe bet there will be a trailer for it eventually...

http://www.gametrailers.com/show/gametrailers-tv Is this the release date of the black ops zombies trailer?

xMisFitToyx
10-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Watched a VLOG from G4H @ Nextgentactics earlier and he has confirmed that the Zombie Maps on Black Ops are ALL NEW ... Not from WAW

He also gave a Web address that gives a continuos loop video trailer.

Looks pretty cool....Check it out...... :-bd

Major Stains
10-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Watched a VLOG from G4H @ Nextgentactics earlier and he has confirmed that the Zombie Maps on Black Ops are ALL NEW ... Not from WAW

He also gave a Web address that gives a continuos loop video trailer.

Looks pretty cool....Check it out...... :-bd

Thanks for sharing Dog, looks awesome. If the Wii gets a stripped down zombie level, I will still be a happy bunny!
If not, then I may have to visit the Dark Side :-ss

xMisFitToyx
10-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Thanks for sharing Dog, looks awesome. If the Wii gets a stripped down zombie level, I will still be a happy bunny!
If not, then I may have to visit the Dark Side :-ss

My son & me were looking at all of this stuff over the weekend & he ;) thinks it might be a good idea to invest in a PS3....if the Wii does not have a of the BO features we saw... :-?

johnboy
10-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Treyarch have said that they are going to try and give the Wii version as much as possible that the other version have. I'm not really bothered If we don't get theatre mode or a kill cam. But I really want to be able to kill some zombies. If the Iphone can get a version of w@w zombies, I'm sure the wii can cope with a version.

johnboy
10-21-2010, 07:18 PM
ALL NEW ZOMBIE/CREATURE REVEALED FOR BLACK OPS!!!!!!! (http://www.gknova6.com/)

xMisFitToyx
10-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Ran across these today

Location = Pentagon
Characters = JFK, Nixon, Castro, Robert McNamara

xMisFitToyx
10-31-2010, 10:37 AM
More Zombie Pics

xMisFitToyx
10-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Watch this quick ..as most links have already been taken down............

[yt:2c1q066d]vXpDv3doo0Q[/yt:2c1q066d]

[yt:2c1q066d]oKeoOwEoCFM[/yt:2c1q066d]

murphygoodie
10-31-2010, 11:02 AM
wow.....looks like its going to be crazy good.did u see the crawler at the end of the vid....creepy. ME LIKEY >:D
good job on the find... :applause:

xMisFitToyx
10-31-2010, 11:19 AM
I reposted this link above

xMisFitToyx
10-31-2010, 06:00 PM
Found links again

[yt:63qaxpdd]vXpDv3doo0Q[/yt:63qaxpdd]

[yt:63qaxpdd]oKeoOwEoCFM[/yt:63qaxpdd]

dinsdale1978
10-31-2010, 09:41 PM
Playing as JFK in zombie mode is right up there with playing as a zombie cowboy on a unicorn hunting a Chupacabra. True story.

Psalm
10-31-2010, 09:50 PM
[quote="Dog"]Found links again

[yt:ngqwjp9y]vXpDv3doo0Q[/yt:ngqwjp9y]

Dude....I think that is the end of the single player campaign.....you should use a spoiler.

Jackie R
11-01-2010, 07:10 AM
Wow! Nice find Dog! http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/good.gif

johnboy
11-01-2010, 08:06 AM
I am most definately not watching anything that may be to do with the sp. I Have seen some blops zombies but It looked either fake or very badly recorded. I.did hear of one map name but I cant remember It right now.
[spoiler:i52e92nu]If I am right, Nazi zombies are back! Kino der Toten is the map they are on.[/spoiler:i52e92nu]

Will post more later.