PDA

View Full Version : MOH PC Beta

ustolemygmrtag
10-01-2010, 09:28 PM
I have now installed the PC Open Beta on my computer. I also installed Frapps. Which lets me record all information including video that is onscreen. I will probably be getting less than 20 FPS while recording cause I have a slow PC. I have a good vid card, and processor, but memory and Mobo are crap. So, I will be recording these just for our viewing pleasure.

Jackie R
10-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Looking forward to seeing them. http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/smilie_daumenpos.gif

ustolemygmrtag
10-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Well, I am getting 30 to 40 with fraps recording on the menus, but that is not Ingame. I am currently uploading a Video to Youtube of just the startup and menus. Here it is.

[yt:150wdpm9]zlCwh77PCSc[/yt:150wdpm9]

TonkaToys
10-05-2010, 07:42 AM
Just got the Beta invite, so I'll be trying to open it on my poor laptop at home which is the only machine that is likely to be able to handle this - notwithstanding graphics cards problems.

How do you set up multiplayer accounts, join friends, etc - so we can party up.

ustolemygmrtag
10-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Just got the Beta invite, so I'll be trying to open it on my poor laptop at home which is the only machine that is likely to be able to handle this - notwithstanding graphics cards problems.

Do not know yet, will figure it out tonight. We will need ventrillo, Skype or Teamspeak. Just let me know which one you have, and I will set it up. :cheers:

CELockwood
10-05-2010, 08:59 PM

Do not know yet, will figure it out tonight. We will need ventrillo, Skype or Teamspeak. Just let me know which one you have, and I will set it up. :cheers:

Downloaded this tonight to try out myself. I was not impressed overall, but it was a limited look and I only played about 30 minutes on one map.

The beta installed and seem to run fine except I don't think my level up scores are working. Graphics were good. Like gamertag said earlier, I need to re-tune my PC skills after so much 360 time.

The map I played (can't remember the name) was very one dimensional with a couple of narrow choke points at each objective. It played a lot like what I imagine bc2 squad rush would be in a narrow version of nelson bay. I'll give it some more time and try the other maps. Let me know if you guys get the friend system going and I'll squad up with you.

sniperella
10-05-2010, 09:07 PM

Downloaded this tonight to try out myself. I was not impressed overall, but it was a limited look and I only played about 30 minutes on one map.

The beta installed and seem to run fine except I don't think my level up scores are working. Graphics were good. Like gamertag said earlier, I need to re-tune my PC skills after so much 360 time.

The map I played (can't remember the name) was very one dimensional with a couple of narrow choke points at each objective. It played a lot like what I imagine bc2 squad rush would be in a narrow version of nelson bay. I'll give it some more time and try the other maps. Let me know if you guys get the friend system going and I'll squad up with you.

K, sounds good. Will let you know. BTW, my gamertag is the same ustolemygmrtag. Just send me a friend invite.

Edit: Meg forgot to sign out. #-o This is Gmrtag.

ustolemygmrtag
10-05-2010, 09:41 PM
OK, after watchig these, I see Playing on the PC is not for me. :(( :(( I will try again tonight, and only record if I start to pick it up. :-$

[yt:1442xsgv]py3fSlbYfWU[/yt:1442xsgv]
[yt:1442xsgv]157KqsOrsm0[/yt:1442xsgv]
[yt:1442xsgv]AvklEKqk30g[/yt:1442xsgv]
[yt:1442xsgv]zhAWCow2zbc[/yt:1442xsgv]

CELockwood
10-06-2010, 05:56 AM
Cool. I only played on that first one, Shahikot Mountains.

Jackie R
10-06-2010, 07:23 AM
Thanks for posting TAG. It must be difficult to go from console to PC . :(

That being said, I loved the second video at about 3:00 when it looked like you said to yourself "Screw this! I'm noob tubing!" :))

TonkaToys
10-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Looked bloody frustrating - it seemed like you were on target with so many shots but they wouldn't fall, then a few shots on you and you died.

My laptop doesn't have the right graphics card.

ustolemygmrtag
10-06-2010, 01:48 PM
"Screw this! I'm noob tubing!" :))
:-$ don't tell anybody. :-$

CELockwood
10-07-2010, 07:34 AM
@gmrtag,

Sent you a friend invite last night, but I couldn't get on the servers. The game showed 4000+ people playing both maps, but it wouldn't let me join either mode. :cuss:

ustolemygmrtag
10-07-2010, 08:25 AM
k, I will be on tonight. This is the last night for the beta. Just 5 more days until release!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)) ))

Jackie R
10-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Tag...I want to see 5 straight minutes with the rocket launcher again! =))

dinsdale1978
10-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Paradox of the day:

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/10/500x_mohfail.jpg

Borlaxx
10-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Paradox of the day:

LOL! FAIL!!!!

CELockwood
10-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Paradox of the day:

Hilarious. I've been having weird issues with the beta too. I guess that's what's it's for.

I don't care for the two maps in the Beta. The capture the flag map is TINY. You can see all three flags from one location.

ustolemygmrtag
10-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Paradox of the day:

LOL! FAIL!!!!
@Lookwood. I will try to get on tonight. No promises. I still have allot of homework to do.

@Borlax lol, just remember "Its a fucking beta, not a demo." Qoute from a well known MOH thread rant. :p

CELockwood
10-07-2010, 01:51 PM
@Lookwood. I will try to get on tonight. No promises. I still have allot of homework to do.

Don't sweat it, I think I'll squeeze in a few more minutes on it today if I can, then I'm playing BC2 tonight. Not to be negative, but I'm just not that pleased with this game. I've never played a COD game, but if everyone deserts BC2, I may give BO a go. It looks like it may be the better game to me.

Edit - I'm done with the Beta. Played my dude up to level 4 then the client crashed and when I restarted, I had lost everything back to zero. Meh, expected from a beta, but just wanted to let you know that I definitely won't be on tonight.

Quixote37
10-08-2010, 09:18 AM
I played this all 3 or 4 days. An hour or 2 each day. I think it's going to be fun on the console, but I found the pc frustrating. The 2 main reasons were a not-so-good graphics card and, since I am a WoW player, I found myself constantly playing the keyboard like WoW. I was getting worked pretty good because I seemed to be one step behind every enemy movement and had a tough time seeing them. That's just a reflection of my machine. And maybe my gaming skill. For the game itself, I only had one real complaint. There was a TON of spawn camping going on. In the mountains, it seemed you almost had to spawn in the base. I would spawn and couln't take one step without getting popped. Very frustrating when the main goal (for me) as to see the maps and get a feel for how it will be played. The sight lines seemed to be a real pain for that. Maybe it will be better with better resolution on my HDTV. =) I hope so.

Q

Jackie R
10-08-2010, 09:36 AM
I played this all 3 or 4 days. An hour or 2 each day. I think it's going to be fun on the console, but I found the pc frustrating. The 2 main reasons were a not-so-good graphics card and, since I am a WoW player, I found myself constantly playing the keyboard like WoW. I was getting worked pretty good because I seemed to be one step behind every enemy movement and had a tough time seeing them. That's just a reflection of my machine. And maybe my gaming skill. For the game itself, I only had one real complaint. There was a TON of spawn camping going on. In the mountains, it seemed you almost had to spawn in the base. I would spawn and couln't take one step without getting popped. Very frustrating when the main goal (for me) as to see the maps and get a feel for how it will be played. The sight lines seemed to be a real pain for that. Maybe it will be better with better resolution on my HDTV. =) I hope so.

Q
Thanks for the feedback. You know, Tag had an excellent solution to get around the control problems. Just whip out the old noob tube! :))

CELockwood
10-08-2010, 09:59 AM

Q

I found some of the same things. I did find it hard to see the enemy, too, though I was playing while sitting about 2 feet from a 27" HDTV with a decent video card, so not sure why that was. The controls/movement seemed to be a lot like bc2 (excepting my rusty pc skills), and it looks like it could be fun. On the positive side, the graphics looked phenomenal to me and the games I played were very fast paced. I don't think a single match ever lasted longer than about 12-13 minutes. I didn't notice a lot of destruction like bc2, but i'd guess the city maps will be more like that.

The biggest things that I didn't like were the map layouts and the lack of squads. The capture the flag map seemed really tiny and the mission map had such narrow choke points that it was just a huge firefight in 1 or 2 spots to determine whether the attacking team would break though. I think this contributes to the spawn camping because once the attacking team breaks through, they sort of sit on the defenders side of the objective and spawn kill until the objective is taken and everyone drops back.

The squad thing makes re-spawning kind if iffy on attack and you have to spawn in the base if your defending, though fortunately you don't have far to run to get the front lines. I couldn't quite figure out how it decided where to spawn me during the conquest type mode other than near a flag that we held.

I don't know, I wasn't planning on getting it, but the player list on the xbox is growing pretty long and the same maps on bc2 are getting real old.

Borlaxx
10-08-2010, 10:21 AM
I didn't notice a lot of destruction like bc2, but i'd guess the city maps will be more like that.
I believe I read that there is next to no destruction in this game and that part of the BC2 multi-player had been left out. The reason for this? I have no idea.

DayliteMag
10-08-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm getting this game and will give it a good chance, but having become such a huge fan of the BC2 team-play model I don't know if I can go back to the run-n-gun, lone-wolf type gaming. I'm really hoping that the final product has enough of those elements which made BC2 unique (destructible environs and squad-based team strats) that it will hold my interest. If not, I'll just end up going back to BC2 and hoping that the Vietnam expansion provides enough new content to keep the game alive. Finally, and as I have said numerous times previously, I will end up wherever the majority of MPs land. I am convinced that playing with Team MP makes all the difference in the world and is just as important to me, if not more so, than the individual game itself. For example, while I am clearly a huge, fat flaming BC2 Fanboy, I highly doubt that I would still be playing the game if it weren't for the fact that I play with such an awesome group of teammates.

ustolemygmrtag
10-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Well, I did enjoy what I could play. The servers were laggy, and there were still allot of glitches and LOD issues. There also was the "Kick to Desktop" that I received several times. I have documented and reported over 30 bugs and glitches for them to fix. Hopefully, the Console side doesn't have as much to have to batch after release. That being said, this is Dice we are dealing with, and I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be several bugs. But, just like BFBC2, that will not keep me from enjoying a good game. L-)

Also, the graphics were absolutely great. The camo they use is 10 times better than BFBC2 and COM MW2. It is harder to see the enemy. Because you blend with the environment so much easier in this game that any other I have seen. Last night, I spawned into the Snow map, and found a little crease in a rock. I proceeded to crouch down. As I did a whole squad of the Attackers went running by me. One looked directly at me and kept going. Needless to say, If you could get tags in this game, I would have had 4 to add to the collection. :D

Game play, well it is fun, fast and deadly. The damage in this game compared to the other top shooter is twice as high. It only takes one bullet in the right place to kill with one shot. So, you will have to be faster, and more strategic in how you play. The gun balance is good for the same level toons. But, if you run into a person that has 4 or more levels on you, you are at a real wide disadvantage. Also, the Perk system they have is better than any I have seen. You do not equip them before a match. You have to earn them , and everyone has the same perks as you go along. No more "Marathon". :cheers:

Jackie R
10-08-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm getting this game and will give it a good chance, but having become such a huge fan of the BC2 team-play model I don't know if I can go back to the run-n-gun, lone-wolf type gaming. I'm really hoping that the final product has enough of those elements which made BC2 unique (destructible environs and squad-based team strats) that it will hold my interest.
I'm not sure about the destructible environments. I believe that there will be some but as Borlax pointed out, on a MUCH smaller scale than BC2. Not sure about the squad based gameplay but from a lot of the hands-on videos I've seen, the message that you must play as a team is very prevalent.

Excellent right up as well their Tag!

I believe I read that there is next to no destruction in this game and that part of the BC2 multi-player had been left out. The reason for this? I have no idea.
Maybe because this offended military personnel and their families as well? :-?

ustolemygmrtag
10-08-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm getting this game and will give it a good chance, but having become such a huge fan of the BC2 team-play model I don't know if I can go back to the run-n-gun, lone-wolf type gaming. I'm really hoping that the final product has enough of those elements which made BC2 unique (destructible environs and squad-based team stats) that it will hold my interest.
I'm not sure about the destructible environments. I believe that there will be some but as Borlax pointed out, on a MUCH smaller scale than BC2. Not sure about the squad based game play but from a lot of the hands-on videos I've seen, the message that you must play as a team is very prevalent.

:-?

There is no destruction in this game that I have run into yet. :(( Also the Team element is totally there. The Lonewolf will not survive long in this game. I think The MP team mentality in this game will carry us far. ;) We will have to use a Party. And be more out spoken about targets and spawn points. Rambo is not a character in this game. :applause: And as far as i can see, the Teir 1 squad is a team. And they had allot to do with the development of the game.

Toxic Avenger72
10-08-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm getting this game and will give it a good chance, but having become such a huge fan of the BC2 team-play model I don't know if I can go back to the run-n-gun, lone-wolf type gaming. I'm really hoping that the final product has enough of those elements which made BC2 unique (destructible environs and squad-based team strats) that it will hold my interest. If not, I'll just end up going back to BC2 and hoping that the Vietnam expansion provides enough new content to keep the game alive. Finally, and as I have said numerous times previously, I will end up wherever the majority of MPs land. I am convinced that playing with Team MP makes all the difference in the world and is just as important to me, if not more so, than the individual game itself. For example, while I am clearly a huge, fat flaming BC2 Fanboy, I highly doubt that I would still be playing the game if it weren't for the fact that I play with such an awesome group of teammates.

Yep, if MOH doesn't have some team-based MP objectives, I'll go back to BC2. I'm not into the run-n-gun.

I second Daylite. If it weren't for Team MP and excellent teammates :applause: , I would have probably given up on BC2 a long time ago.

ustolemygmrtag
10-08-2010, 11:28 AM

Yep, if MOH doesn't have some team-based MP objectives, I'll go back to BC2. I'm not into the run-n-gun.

I second Daylite. If it weren't for Team MP and excellent teammates :applause: , I would have probably given up on BC2 a long time ago.
Well one thing that will be better and worse. The chat is open, so all 12 on your team can hear you. This means better team cohesion and everyone hears orders. But, it also means that the singing kids and music players will be a major problem.

But, I do have to say, Team MP and BFBC2 go hand in hand. If you take away my MP buds, BFBC2 would have been traded right after release.

Jackie R
10-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Well one thing that will be better and worse. The chat is open, so all 12 on your team can hear you. This means better team cohesion and everyone hears orders. But, it also means that the singing kids and music players will be a major problem.
I was just listening to an interview on the PSNation podcast and it seems that you will be able to set the chat to 'friends only' so that should help avoid the singing kids. ;)