PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY!! Someone that isn't a moron!

Pwizzle99
10-04-2010, 04:08 AM
For any of you that have friends that have said they are NOT getting MoH based off the beta, maybe you can send them to this link so they can understand the difference in a BETA and a DEMO for a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMYahFk8d8A

Jackie R
10-04-2010, 11:23 AM
The dude is a little insulting but he does make a pretty good point.

It seems that the beta actually hurt this game even though it shouldn't have.

ustolemygmrtag
10-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Here is the Video you were talking about.

:D [yt:xvada96p]xMYahFk8d8A[/yt:xvada96p]

johnboy
10-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Gunns is absolutely right though. I also think that most of the guys out there that say they want a beta don't actually want to look for problems they want a demo to play so they can boast about it. Ha ha ha, I've played MoH before you and such like. That's why Treyarch didn't release a public beta for BOps.

ustolemygmrtag
10-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Gunns is absolutely right though. I also think that most of the guys out there that say they want a beta don't actually want to look for problems they want a demo to play so they can boast about it. Ha ha ha, I've played MoH before you and such like. That's why Treyarch didn't release a public beta for BOps.
Yep, I have run into this when people ask me how I gotten into so many closed beta's. They do not want to help find problems, they just want the bragging rights that come with getting into them. I find this most unappealing.

dinsdale1978
10-04-2010, 12:26 PM
I have been trying to calm down the flamers for months about the beta. I agree with Guns on this completely.

Frankly it's too bad this is coming out so close to Black Ops. I think timing is going to play a large hand in the lack of sales for this game. I can't wait to be surprised once I am Tier 1. :D

theczech99
10-04-2010, 01:17 PM
I can't wait to be surprised once I am Tier 1. :D
You should have preordered from Gamestop so you could be Tier 1 day 1 like me!

I was actually going to cancel my preorder from Gamestop and buy it from Wal-Mart but when the Tier 1 day one news came out I decided to stick with Gamestop. Itís funny how developers are trying to stop or slow the sale of used games but always give the best preorder offers to Gamestop.

dinsdale1978
10-04-2010, 01:46 PM
I can't wait to be surprised once I am Tier 1. :D
You should have preordered from Gamestop so you could be Tier 1 day 1 like me!

I was actually going to cancel my preorder from Gamestop and buy it from Wal-Mart but when the Tier 1 day one news came out I decided to stick with Gamestop. Itís funny how developers are trying to stop or slow the sale of used games but always give the best preorder offers to Gamestop.

I'm going Gamestop. I upgraded my Black Ops on Amazon from the standard at Gamestop, so I shifted my pre-order monies to MOH. But I have been Tier 1 since Back Company 2. Just don't tell anyone, it's a secret.

ustolemygmrtag
10-04-2010, 02:11 PM
I took a beating from gamestop to order 2 Limited Edition Copies. :spank: I am going to finish paying them off this week, so when the release comes I do not have to worry. Tier 1 Baby, all the way!!!!!!

Pwizzle99
10-04-2010, 02:15 PM
I took a beating from gamestop to order 2 Limited Edition Copies. :spank: I am going to finish paying them off this week, so when the release comes I do not have to worry. Tier 1 Baby, all the way!!!!!!

Do what I did.... trade in all the old games you have collecting dust in a closet to pay them off. I did last week and got $120. Paid off both MoH and BO

DayliteMag
10-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Do what I did.... trade in all the old games you have collecting dust in a closet to pay them off. I did last week and got $120. Paid off both MoH and BO

I did the same, got $80. MoH won't cost me a cent and if I don't like it I can trade it in when Black-Ops comes out and that will almost be free. I'm pretty sure that I will like MoH (have in the past), so will prolly end up forking out the $60 for BO.

This video game addiction is getting expensive...not Meth expensive...but expensive nonetheless!

Retro
10-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Sat down and figured out my game expenses for the last 12 months to see what I would have paid had I not done trades.

Just a little over $1600 :-o

This would also include some Wii and DS games for my kids. I need a cheaper hobby like Golf. A screw it, I'll just go pick up Tiger Woods for the 360. :D

Borlaxx
10-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Sat down and figured out my game expenses for the last 12 months to see what I would have paid had I not done trades.

This would also include some Wii and DS games for my kids. I need a cheaper hobby like Golf. A screw it, I'll just go pick up Tiger Woods for the 360. :D
If I spent this much on gaming I would be spending even more on my divorce $-)

Retro
10-04-2010, 05:09 PM

I think divorce might be cheaper.

Luckily with some amazing trade in work I spent less than half that amount, around $600. Still pretty stupid, but what else am I suppose to do?

Borlaxx
10-04-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm not judging, just jealous, LOL!

Retro
10-04-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm not judging, just jealous, LOL!
My wife saw what I was doing, see did judge! Then of course I reminded her of her monthly cross boarder shopping trips, those baby's could get me every damn game released for all consoles!

Thankfully she's still getting me CoD BO for my birthday.

johnboy
10-04-2010, 10:51 PM

I think divorce might be cheaper.

Luckily with some amazing trade in work I spent less than half that amount, around $600. Still pretty stupid, but what else am I suppose to do?

Sell it all and join us on the Wii. Then you need only buy 1 game per year.

TheFreak75
10-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Question..... If I preordered the game long before they announced the Teir 1 thing came out. When I get the game I should be Teir 1, RIGHT????

DayliteMag
10-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Question..... If I preordered the game long before they announced the Teir 1 thing came out. When I get the game I should be Teir 1, RIGHT????

I was wondering the same thing. On the weekend I went into my local Gamestop (EB Games) and asked what version I would be getting. The girl at the cash said that I would get the Limited Edition. Not sure if this is the Tier 1 or not. Why do they have to make this stuff so complicated 8-}

sniperella
10-05-2010, 09:18 AM

Our biggest issue is that we have to buy 2 copies of MOH! Can you imagine the expenses doubled, Retro? However, there are no big shopping sprees from me, I hate shopping! I'd rather be gaming... Think of all the lost gaming time in one shopping trip, especially when you can so easily shop online, and still get in lots of gaming time!

DB4
10-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Sell it all and join us on the Wii. Then you need only buy 1 game per year.

=))

DayliteMag
10-05-2010, 09:38 AM
However, there are no big shopping sprees from me, I hate shopping! I'd rather be gaming... Think of all the lost gaming time in one shopping trip, especially when you can so easily shop online, and still get in lots of gaming time!

If you weren't already married, I'd get down on one knee right now! :x

Retro
10-05-2010, 09:47 AM
However, there are no big shopping sprees from me, I hate shopping! I'd rather be gaming... Think of all the lost gaming time in one shopping trip, especially when you can so easily shop online, and still get in lots of gaming time!

If you weren't already married, I get down on one knee right now! :x
Uh Ohhhhhh, someone's going to get a shotty to the head.

Jackie R
10-05-2010, 09:53 AM

I was wondering the same thing. On the weekend I went into my local Gamestop (EB Games) and asked what version I would be getting. The girl at the cash said that I would get the Limited Edition. Not sure if this is the Tier 1 or not. Why do they have to make this stuff so complicated 8-}

Should be:

Medal of Honor pre-order (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76619)

Retro
10-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Our biggest issue is that we have to buy 2 copies of MOH! Can you imagine the expenses doubled, Retro? However, there are no big shopping sprees from me, I hate shopping! I'd rather be gaming... Think of all the lost gaming time in one shopping trip, especially when you can so easily shop online, and still get in lots of gaming time!

My wife only plays on the DS now. Last time she played on a console she was playing Mario Kart ...the original one.

Wait not true, I distinctly remember playing strip Mario Kart 64 against her B-)

ustolemygmrtag
10-05-2010, 10:03 AM

If you weren't already married, I get down on one knee right now! :x
Uh Ohhhhhh, someone's going to get a shotty to the head.
:-? [-x :spank: :spank: :spank:

Borlaxx
10-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Wait not true, I distinctly remember playing strip Mario Kart 64 against her B-)
"HEY, no fair, Retro! I see now that you only won because you got to bring a hidden banana and mushroom!"

sniperella
10-05-2010, 10:17 AM
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

That's all i have to say about that...

Retro
10-05-2010, 10:21 AM
"HEY, no fair, Retro! I see now that you only won because you got to bring a hidden banana and mushroom!"
I had no control over what "popped" up!!

ustolemygmrtag
10-05-2010, 10:49 AM
I had no control over what "popped" up!!
=)) =)) :)) Mushroom for the WIN!

Spike Forehand
10-07-2010, 06:41 PM

So, how much do you think GS would give me for these:

Modern Warfare 2
Red Dead Redemption
Uncharted 2

I know that for most of these I can get 20-25 each on e-bay, but that's such a pain in the ass that I am not sure I want to deal with it.

Any thoughts?

dinsdale1978
10-07-2010, 07:14 PM
GS might give you a fair amount, as they usually run trade in deals around the big releases.

You might check out the Amazon.com trade in values after calling your GS. I find their prices to sometimes be better than GS values.

Pwizzle99
10-07-2010, 07:49 PM
I'm not completely sure spike about the $$$ amount. But they had a 30% trade in value increase if you trade in towards BO or MoH.
The problem I have with going thru amazon or online, is that I am impatient and I want my $ NOW. lol