PDA

View Full Version : Ebay frustration

dinsdale1978
10-06-2010, 05:04 PM
So after selling my MW2 on Ebay and accepting payment, the buyer filed a ticket with Ebay that I gave them a PC game and not a PS3. Since I never had a PC version I am trying to let them put their foot in their mouth, but I have feeling I am going to screwed in this deal.
X(

Jackie R
10-06-2010, 05:42 PM
So after selling my MW2 on Ebay and accepting payment, the buyer filed a ticket with Ebay that I gave them a PC game and not a PS3. Since I never had a PC version I am trying to let them put their foot in their mouth, but I have feeling I am going to screwed in this deal.
X(
Yep...there are so many idiots on there now, it's not even funny. Do you remember what his rating was?

dinsdale1978
10-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Only like a 24 but he seemed to have some questionable mass buying in his history. Like 19 items all in one minute. Plus the shipping address was Florida but the PayPal was from Ecuador.

Gonna be a rumble in the jungle.

CELockwood
10-06-2010, 07:06 PM
X(

That sucks. I've had generally good luck with ebay, though I buy less on there now that's it's become more of a storefront. Seems harder and harder to find used items versus resellers.

Jackie R
10-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Only like a 24 but he seemed to have some questionable mass buying in his history. Like 19 items all in one minute. Plus the shipping address was Florida but the PayPal was from Ecuador.

Gonna be a rumble in the jungle.
Sounds really fishy. In all likelihood, EBay will realize it too. Let us know how it turns out.

MoreCowBell87
10-07-2010, 05:33 AM
I thought ebay we pretty good about making sure people get their product or money back.

johnboy
10-07-2010, 05:56 AM
Can you not get in touch with ebay and get them to sort it out?

dinsdale1978
10-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Can you not get in touch with ebay and get them to sort it out?

Well they first suggest working it out between buyer and seller. As of today, that buyer hasn't responded to my message. If he doesn't by Sunday, I am going to escalate the ticket and let Ebay sort it out. The fact that they won't respond to me and that they had the game for over a week before doing this makes me suspicious. I kept seeing the buyer protection messages, but I guess sellers aren't as protected. lolz

Jackie R
10-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Well they first suggest working it out between buyer and seller. As of today, that buyer hasn't responded to my message. If he doesn't by Sunday, I am going to escalate the ticket and let Ebay sort it out. The fact that they won't respond to me and that they had the game for over a week before doing this makes me suspicious. I kept seeing the buyer protection messages, but I guess sellers aren't as protected. lolz
Ever since EBay took away the seller's ability to leave negative feedback, a lot of it has gone to hell. That was a stupid decision in my opinion. After all, it's the sellers that keep the service going.

Phantom
10-07-2010, 03:15 PM
The star system is freaking stupid too! How can you be marked down for P&P when the buyer is choosing to pay that fee???

dinsdale1978
10-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Well Ebay decided that the buyer could return the item and I would refund them. Can't wait to see what they put in the case to take the game's place.

If all goes well I will at least have my copy of MW2 back--not that I am going to play it much. lolz.

CELockwood
10-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Well Ebay decided that the buyer could return the item and I would refund them. Can't wait to see what they put in the case to take the game's place.

If all goes well I will at least have my copy of MW2 back--not that I am going to play it much. lolz.

Keep us posted. Though I hope it doesn't happen to ya, I'm interested to see what ebay says when you get an empty box.

Any chance this buyer is just stupid?

Jackie R
10-09-2010, 08:51 PM

Yeah...hopefully you get the actual PS3 game back but I must say that Ebay's decision here is complete horse shit! :cuss:

dinsdale1978
10-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Well they said I don't have to refund them until I get the item back to be sure, but they don't seem to have any seller protection messages up there.

My big gripe here is that the first thing they say to do if you get the wrong item is to contact the seller. The idiot lied and said he did, but I had no message. I told Ebay that, but they must not care.

Secondly, they have given no options for what I am to do if they return something other than my game. I wonder what legal options you have as a seller. Time to read the fine print I guess?

Jackie R
10-10-2010, 08:37 AM
Secondly, they have given no options for what I am to do if they return something other than my game. I wonder what legal options you have as a seller. Time to read the fine print I guess?
This is what I was thinking as well. I mean, what if you get back a PC game as the buyer claimed he got?

johnboy
10-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Could B not give you some advice on the matter? If not, could he find out what you could do legally?

dinsdale1978
10-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Well an update. I emailed the buyer again after he sent me photos of a PC version of MW2 and said that is what he got. I told him that I can produce receipts for the game I purchased and was filing with ebay about his misuse of the protection program due to his fraudulent claims.

All of a sudden his story changed and he asked me to send a pic of the game because he bought 2 games at the same time and it may have been his mistake.

Sounds like someone got caught and is looking for an excuse.

Jackie R
10-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Looks like he realized that he was in for a fight and backed down. Well played man! :-bd

DB4
10-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Here I am...prepared to offer up some GT5 collectible stuff on Ebay and Dinsdale is scaring the shit out of me.

Honestly, I am glad that Din is sharing his horrible experience so that I know what I could be getting into.

I will not only have a receipt, but a picture of the GameStop guy handing me the game, and a picture of me handing the items to the dude at the UPS store.

CELockwood
10-13-2010, 08:19 AM
Well an update. I emailed the buyer again after he sent me photos of a PC version of MW2 and said that is what he got. I told him that I can produce receipts for the game I purchased and was filing with ebay about his misuse of the protection program due to his fraudulent claims.

All of a sudden his story changed and he asked me to send a pic of the game because he bought 2 games at the same time and it may have been his mistake.

Sounds like someone got caught and is looking for an excuse.

Nice. Hope this works out for you. Drives home the point of taking pictures and keeping receipts for everything, though which I haven't always done before selling on ebay. Make the extra effort and use your own photos rather than the stock probably would help.

Law
10-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Here I am...prepared to offer up some GT5 collectible stuff on Ebay and Dinsdale is scaring the shit out of me.

Honestly, I am glad that Din is sharing his horrible experience so that I know what I could be getting into.

I will not only have a receipt, but a picture of the GameStop guy handing me the game, and a picture of me handing the items to the dude at the UPS store.

All in all, Ebay is pretty good for what it's worth...buyer and seller should always beware anyways. Just take the time and look at the buyers/sellers ratings, read through them an make a good decision.
I sold a pair of shoes to some a-hole once. I had the choice for him to select what type of shipping, and he chose the cheap one. A week later he is threatening me with a claim and I replied back to him..."it's only been a week, it hasn't been long enough, you chose the cheap shipping..." Anyways, he got his shoes like two days later and gave me a good review!!!

dinsdale1978
10-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Final update. The douche says he can't ship things because he is not in the US, though I guess international mail only works in some places. lol

I finally got a live person from Ebay and they made sure the refund was on hold. If they return the item, with a tracking number, within 21 days, I will have to issue the refund. If they do not the refund is not transferred and they can keep the wrong game and I keep the money. I was very bitchy in my conversation with the customer service rep, and found them to be very interested in why this buyer was being so evasive.

Dinsdale just went clutch in this round. :cheers:

Borlaxx
10-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Final update. The douche says he can't ship things because he is not in the US, though I guess international mail only works in some places. lol

I finally got a live person from Ebay and they made sure the refund was on hold. If they return the item, with a tracking number, within 21 days, I will have to issue the refund. If they do not the refund is not transferred and they can keep the wrong game and I keep the money. I was very bitchy in my conversation with the customer service rep, and found them to be very interested in why this buyer was being so evasive.

PWNED! Hope everything works out for you.

DB4
10-13-2010, 03:08 PM

#1) this dude does seem like an idiot
#2) is there a region lock/setting of some sort on PS3 consoles?? maybe this guy thinks he got the PC version because the US version of the game is not compatible.

dinsdale1978
10-13-2010, 03:21 PM

#1) this dude does seem like an idiot
#2) is there a region lock/setting of some sort on PS3 consoles?? maybe this guy thinks he got the PC version because the US version of the game is not compatible.

Nope PS3 is region free, at least for games.

johnboy
10-13-2010, 03:23 PM
I think this dude is trying to run some kind of scam but I also think he is an idiot and hasn't quite got it right. I'm sure Dinsdale said this guy had bought lots of stuff within a short space of time. Then what happens if he then tries to claim that all of those people have sent him the wrong items and that he wants a refund. Then by saying he can't send them back he then has the items to sell on. I just think he has sold the game already and was hoping to get a refund by claiming Dinsdale sent him the wrong item to start with.

dinsdale1978
10-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks for working to resolve this issue. The buyer has closed this case. You don't need to do anything else. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed.

Game. Set. Match. I just 360 no-scoped this guy with a ladder stall. 8-} =))

Psalm
10-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Thanks for working to resolve this issue. The buyer has closed this case. You don't need to do anything else. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed.

Game. Set. Match. I just 360 no-scoped this guy with a ladder stall. 8-} =))
nice.....way to follow thru.. (thats what she said)

Jackie R
10-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Way to persevere Dinsdale! :applause: