PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor Pre Order Launch Night.

ustolemygmrtag
10-08-2010, 01:53 PM
I will be getting my copy at midnight on the release. Is anyone else. Hell, I might even go into work a couple of hours late.

What say you?

dinsdale1978
10-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Getting my copy from Amazon, so probably won't see it until after work on release day. The guy at Gamestop was upset that I cancelled my preorder. He said, "Are you afraid the game is going to be too good." I lied and told him that the beta gameplay didn't seem like the style I am looking for in a shooter. 8-}

Pwizzle99
10-08-2010, 03:28 PM
I work night shift tues, so ill play all day prolly then take xbox to work and play the single player all night. LOL

roadrnr
10-08-2010, 04:01 PM
I'll run over to gamestop monday night and pick it up and probably play a few games. Almost wish the gamestop dude wouldnt have told me about the midnight release...I'd get more sleep on monday night lol

ustolemygmrtag
10-08-2010, 04:36 PM
I'll run over to gamestop monday night and pick it up and probably play a few games. Almost wish the gamestop dude wouldnt have told me about the midnight release...I'd get more sleep on monday night lol
Dude, I am with Ya all the way. =))

TrojanTeacher
10-08-2010, 04:51 PM
You wild and crazy kids, you! :D

Jackie R
10-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I'll be picking it up day 1 but won't be on until about 8 pm (EDT) or so.

Pwizzle99
10-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Looks like it's gonna be just you and me, ustolemygmrtag. lol

murphygoodie
10-08-2010, 10:39 PM
going to pick it up at midnight. play the hell out of it goto work and repeat oh yea! :-bd

ustolemygmrtag
10-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Looks like it's gonna be just you and me, ustolemygmrtag. lol
I will be on, Hell my wife might ever play a few games.

RATA MUERTA
10-09-2010, 09:58 AM
My name is gort..... ACB, Fable3, and BOps are enough games for me, for now.

ustolemygmrtag
10-09-2010, 11:04 AM
My name is gort..... ACB, Fable3, and BOps are enough games for me, for now.
I dont know about Black Ops. I will wait and see. If it has the same BS perks as MW2, I will not purchase it.

Retro
10-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Not getting it.

With Madden, NHL, NCAA, Fallout and Black Ops, not enough time. And honestly MOH and B.O. look pretty similar in the gameplay department and since B.O. is $59 compared with MOH at $69, easy choice.

ustolemygmrtag
10-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Not getting it.

With Madden, NHL, NCAA, Fallout and Black Ops, not enough time. And honestly MOH and B.O. look pretty similar in the gameplay department and since B.O. is $59 compared with MOH at $69, easy choice.
I got MOh for $59 at gamestop. :-? :-w

Retro
10-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Not getting it.

I got MOh for $59 at gamestop. :-? :-w
Yup, but in Canada it's $69.99 which to me is just way over priced for an FPS.

I can (and I am) get the new Fallout which has well 120 hours of gameplay not including the amazing DLC they put out for only $59 (I get it for less than $10 for trading in Halo Reach). To me an FPS over $50 is just crazy, the multiplayer is fun and everything, just not worth that much.

sniperella
10-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Didn't see a spot that said, my husband will pick up my copy, but I will be all warm snuggled in my lambie blankie, sound asleep! ;)

Retro
10-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Didn't see a spot that said, my husband will pick up my copy, but I will be all warm snuggled in my lambie blankie, sound asleep! ;)
Equal rights, get out there and get yer own copy! ;)

sniperella
10-09-2010, 03:35 PM

Yeah, okay. I will, if all of you ask your wives to go out and pick up your copies while you do the laundry, dishes, cooking, diaper changing, mopping, etc for about a month! Oh, and you have to give up gaming/tv rights for at least a week to your wife and children! Equal rights, Retro! :)) :))

ustolemygmrtag
10-09-2010, 03:41 PM

Yeah, okay. I will, if all of you ask your wives to go out and pick up your copies while you do the laundry, dishes, cooking, diaper changing, mopping, etc for about a month! Oh, and you have to give up gaming/tv rights for at least a week to your wife and children! Equal rights, Retro! :)) :))
Hey, I do all those things. Does that mean I can sit back and wait on you get the games at midnight?

Retro
10-09-2010, 05:07 PM

Uh hmmm stay at home dad here!!! So I'd like to see any wife do all that plus, the landscaping, cleaning the gutters, regular home maintanance, car repairs all while being told your doing it and having to it a second time!!! :p

ustolemygmrtag
10-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Uh hmmm stay at home dad here!!! So I'd like to see any wife do all that plus, the landscaping, cleaning the gutters, regular home maintanance, car repairs all while being told your doing it and having to it a second time!!! :p
:-bd :-bd ^:)^ (*)

sniperella
10-09-2010, 08:34 PM

Yes, well, we women do tend to expect to be treated like Princesses! Like I'm getting greasy working on a car?! HA! And I actually enjoy yard work, I just hate our current lawn mower! Cleaning the gutters I have done! My version of home maintenance is to throw it out the window if it is moveable, or beat it with wrench or hammer, so I guess you got me on 2 of those! But buddy I can tell you how to do it right all day long!! :devil: =))

unich
10-10-2010, 12:41 PM
I had a e-mail stating my game was sent out on Friday. Is it possible to show up on Monday instead of Tuesday?!! ;;)

Toxic Avenger72
10-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Wal-mart actually processed my order (charged my credit card) early last week. I can hope it will get here on Monday but I doubt it. Probably Tuesday.

Retro
10-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Wal-mart actually processed my order (charged my credit card) early last week. I can hope it will get here on Monday but I doubt it. Probably Tuesday.
Buddy of mine had pre order for Madden and they charged his card a week before release, the game showed up 3 days BEFORE the offcial release date.

Walmart has a habit of releasing games before street dates. I had the walmart I worked beside (when I was a Best Buy manager) fined for releasing a Halo 2 a day early. The store was fined $250,000 and Walmart Canada was fined over $1.5 million. :devil: Pretty bad considering they sold less than 10 copies before they got caught.

Toxic Avenger72
10-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Ouch! I'll bet they won't do that again.

A little off topic, but has anyone seen any MOH stats sites like there is for BFBC2 (i.e., bfbcs.com)? I'm sure they'll pop us soon after the game is released.

sniperella
10-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Buddy of mine had pre order for Madden and they charged his card a week before release, the game showed up 3 days BEFORE the offcial release date.

Walmart has a habit of releasing games before street dates. I had the walmart I worked beside (when I was a Best Buy manager) fined for releasing a Halo 2 a day early. The store was fined $250,000 and Walmart Canada was fined over $1.5 million. :devil: Pretty bad considering they sold less than 10 copies before they got caught.

Wow! That is insane. I didn't realize that there were such fines associated with video game releases! You would think they would add a date sensitive code on the disc somewhere so you couldn't play it even if you managed to get a copy before the release date.

@Toxic, I hope so, it sure has been fun watching the leaderboard and being able to see everyones' stats on there. ;)

Retro
10-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Wow! That is insane. I didn't realize that there were such fines associated with video game releases! You would think they would add a date sensitive code on the disc somewhere so you couldn't play it even if you managed to get a copy before the release date.

@Toxic, I hope so, it sure has been fun watching the leaderboard and being able to see everyones' stats on there. ;)
Movies, music and games all get shipped with boxes covered in stickers showing their release dates. On top of that, I know Best Buy has a trigger in the system that prevents a product from being sold if someone try's to put through a sale before the street date. A lot of small independant game stores have gone out of business for selling before the street date, because they can not cover the fines.

I actaully got hired by Walmart last year as a consultant for security and fraud. That was one of my mine sticking points for them, they chose to ignore a fix that would have taken less than 10 minutes for their stores across Canada. Idiots.

shadyshall
10-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Actually, I pre-ordered from Amazon and I am hoping it comes tonight (Monday night)... we'll see. Courier service (NYC) says it left location that is in my neighborhood... but who knows... they may wait until Wednesday to bring it over. Lame. Either way - I have been waiting for this for months (Frontline is still to me one of the best FPS games ever - I hope this brings the series back big time!) so I play to be up all night... going to be a long day the following day!

oscarthegrouch71
10-12-2010, 05:08 AM
I will have to wait until Friday...... :( :( ~x(

Jackie R
10-12-2010, 07:21 AM
I will have to wait until Friday...... :( :( ~x(
Bummer...what happened?

REMEC87
10-12-2010, 07:39 AM
It's only being released in Europe on the 15th.

Jackie R
10-12-2010, 11:24 AM
It's only being released in Europe on the 15th.
Ah OK...thanks!