PDA

View Full Version : Classes

10-21-2010, 07:34 AM
Have you guys (and gals) been thinking about some possible classes now that the perks and weapons are common knowledge? I have come up with a few that I think would be really good.
1.) Shotgun class (for OnePaleRider and I to mess around with)
Perk 1: Ghost (so you can get close)
Perk 2: Slight of Hand (aim down sights and reload faster)
Perk 3: Ninja (Ninja is awesome)
Equipment: Tomahawk (Awesome)
Secondary: Maybe the ballistic knife.
2.)Assault class
Perk 1: Scavenger
Perk 2: Warlord
Weapon: Famas (automatic now FTW) with silencer and red dot
Equipment: Claymores and Tomahawk
Secondary: ???

Borlaxx
10-21-2010, 07:36 AM
I am going to experiment and try everything at first to see what I like. I got into such a comfort zone with the RPD with stopping power in MW2 that it will be nice to try new weapons and perks.

RC-1136
10-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Have you guys (and gals) been thinking about some possible classes now that the perks and weapons are common knowledge? I have come up with a few that I think would be really good.
1.) Shotgun class (for OnePaleRider and I to mess around with)
Perk 1: Ghost (so you can get close)
Perk 2: Slight of Hand (aim down sights and reload faster)
Equipment: Tomahawk (Awesome)
Secondary: Maybe the ballistic knife.
2.)Assault class
Perk 1: Scavenger
Perk 2: Warlord
Weapon: Famas (automatic now FTW) with silencer and red dot
Equipment: Claymores and Tomahawk
Secondary: ???

James you forgot that you're like school in the summer. You Have No Class!!!. Just kidding. I couldn't resist.

10-21-2010, 09:34 AM
=))

MoreCowBell87
10-22-2010, 08:21 AM
I can't wait!! Whats does Warlord do James? The shotgun setup looks good as long as its not like MW2 and you can hit someone at like 50 yards away with a shot gun(in HC) haha.

10-22-2010, 09:26 PM
Warlord is the same thing as bling from MW2. Only now you can run scavenger with it. I have heard that you can't restock your tubes though. Sorry Rampage.

Tembis
10-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Warlord is the same thing as bling from MW2. Only now you can run scavenger with it. I have heard that you can't restock your tubes though. Sorry Rampage.

I don't think it restocks anything except amo and maybe nad's...no claymore's either X(

STLRampage
10-23-2010, 12:28 AM
My class:

TUBES... :))

Tembis
10-23-2010, 08:03 AM
I'm really looking forward to experimenting with the different Perks. If Scavanger (Pro) is just going to replace ammo, I don't think I will be using it. I die enough to not run out of ammo. It will be fun using\testing new combonations. I can't wait for this game to come out. With me being very new to the on-line portion of FPS games, it's going to be fun to start playing at the same time as everyone else. I've only been playing WM2 for about 3 months.

MoreCowBell87
10-23-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm really looking forward to experimenting with the different Perks. If Scavanger (Pro) is just going to replace ammo, I don't think I will be using it. I die enough to not run out of ammo. It will be fun using\testing new combonations. I can't wait for this game to come out. With me being very new to the on-line portion of FPS games, it's going to be fun to start playing at the same time as everyone else. I've only been playing WM2 for about 3 months.

I second everything you said Tembis. I started MW2 well after everyone else had it figured out so the online play was really really rough at first. I have never started an online game when it first comes out before so it will be cool to be at the same pace as those around us. I have been playing multiplayer online FPS since Delta Force Land Warrior back in about 02' 03' maybe? and I have never been there at the start lol. Hell this is the first game I have ever preordered, and if it wasn't for my MP buddies I prolly wouldn't have preordered this either.

=1LT=Mike
10-23-2010, 10:43 AM
My class:

TUBES... :))
ME TOO!!!! I don't blame noobs for using them. I got on MW2 last night for the first time on xbox live and got pwned. I couldn't walk out of the spawn and was dead. Need tubes. :D :D :D :D

Phantom
10-24-2010, 05:34 AM
Class 1 :
Primary : Commando
Secondary : Crossbow
Perk 1 : Lightweight
Perk 2 : Warlord
Perk 3 : Second Chance

Class 2 :
Primary : Commando
Secondary : M72 Law/China Lake
Perk 1 : Scavenger
Perk 2 : Steady aim
Perk 3 : Marathon

Class 3 :
Primary : Mac 11
Secondary : Python
Perk 1 : Hardline
Perk 2 : Sleight of hand
Perk 3 : Tactical Mask

Class 4 :
Primary : L96A1
Secondary : Ballistic Knife
Perk 1 : Ghost
Perk 2 : Hardened
Perk 3 : Ninja

Phantom
10-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Bump

Phantom
10-31-2010, 09:21 AM
Full perk list released http://www.cod7blackops.com/perks/

STLRampage
10-31-2010, 10:38 AM
Full perk list released http://www.cod7blackops.com/perks/

Not long to go! Can't wait for the 9th! B-)

11-05-2010, 07:25 AM
I hope the Commando your speaking of is the gun (lol). I really hope stabbing isn't as dominant as it is in MW2.

STLRampage
11-05-2010, 11:50 AM
I hope the Commando your speaking of is the gun (lol). I really hope stabbing isn't as dominant as it is in MW2.

From all the multiplayer vids I've seen I've seen very few knifings. That's a promising sign.

Borlaxx
11-05-2010, 12:00 PM
If it is like TA's last game, W@W, there will be very little knifing as in that game you had to be very close to someone to stab them and pretty much could only do it if you snuck up behind someone.

johnboy
11-05-2010, 12:02 PM
But there is the ballistic knife.

Borlaxx
11-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Yes, but it is one shot, has to be aimed, and has to be reloaded. You just can't run around the whole match knifing at he air every time you see someone and get a kill.

cubizzle
11-10-2010, 02:47 PM
FAMAS w/acog and ext mags = Death to all!!!

DayliteMag
11-10-2010, 03:21 PM

From the few hours I've so far played (mostly TDM) I would def say that knifing is very relevant in BO. On several occasions, I would be blasting away at someone only to have them run right through me with a knife X( . It wasn't just me that noticed this either - I think it was BidDaddyJ that also commented on being knifed while shooting someone. That's just not right - when I bring a gun to a knife fight, I'm pretty much counting on winning!

Retro
11-10-2010, 03:24 PM
The knifing is just as BS as MW2. I'd be mad but I expected as much.

cubizzle
11-10-2010, 03:27 PM
it isn't as easy as it was in MW2, but it's still a huge factor because you can get so close to other people so easily.....I stand on the opposite end of this one though because I LOVE to shank a fool....

Retro
11-10-2010, 03:28 PM
it isn't as easy as it was in MW2, but it's still a huge factor because you can get so close to other people so easily.....I stand on the opposite end of this one though because I LOVE to shank a fool....
I love shanking people too, but in CoD games it's just way too easy. No skill involved at all.

DayliteMag
11-10-2010, 03:41 PM
"Shanking?" seriously? What are you guys in prison or something? :)) ;)

Borlaxx
11-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Well, yes, you can knife people easier than you can in BC2 for sure, but it is nowhere near as bad as in MW2 with the commando perk where if you watched the killcam you would see someone teleport through the bullets and knife you. At least in this game the bullets actually hit them, but if they can reach you before you get enough bullets into them to kill them, they will knife you. Also, since there is no commando perk, people don't seem to spend the entire match just running around only knifing people which means their knifing reaction time is a bit slower. In MW2 you would have people using commando with marathon and lightweight just running around at top speed with unlimited sprint and teleporting through bullets while never even having their finger on the trigger button. Add to that the tac knife in MW2 that made the melee attack faster and it was kiddie commando central. At least now they do have to be closer, marathon doesn't give unlimited sprint (just more sprint), there is no tac knife (I think), and lightweight doesn't let you move anywhere near as fast as it did in MW2.

DayliteMag
11-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Well, yes, you can knife people easier than you can in BC2 for sure, but it is nowhere near as bad as in MW2 with the commando perk where if you watched the killcam you would see someone teleport through the bullets and knife you. At least in this game the bullets actually hit them, but if they can reach you before you get enough bullets into them to kill them, they will knife you. Also, since there is no commando perk, people don't seem to spend the entire match just running around only knifing people which means their knifing reaction time is a bit slower. In MW2 you would have people using commando with marathon and lightweight just running around at top speed with unlimited sprint and teleporting through bullets while never even having their finger on the trigger button. Add to that the tac knife in MW2 that made the melee attack faster and it was kiddie commando central. At least now they do have to be closer, marathon doesn't give unlimited sprint (just more sprint), there is no tac knife (I think), and lightweight doesn't let you move anywhere near as fast as it did in MW2.

Well said!

cubizzle
11-10-2010, 04:15 PM
In MW2 you would have people using commando with marathon and lightweight just running around at top speed with unlimited sprint and teleporting through bullets while never even having their finger on the trigger button.

Guilty!!

Borlaxx
11-10-2010, 04:20 PM
LOL! So you are one of THEM! :P

cubizzle
11-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Yessir! Only in certain maps though, and most Free For All games, and I would still pack a SMG and a pistol, ya know just in case :devil:

Retro
11-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Perk or no perk, people just run through bullets and knife you. When a guy comes running at you in BF with the intention of knifing you 99% of the time he will be gunned down, quickly. In this game just like MW2 you can enter half a clip into someone and they will still knife you.

That's what I'm doing now, I'm just knifing people if they get the drop on me.

RATA MUERTA
11-10-2010, 05:24 PM
and lightweight doesn't let you move anywhere near as fast as it did in MW2.
Is it just me or does everyone seem to move faster/feel lighter even without Lightweight on? I didn't have it on and felt like I was running faster than in MW2 sans lightweight or marathon.

Retro
11-10-2010, 05:31 PM
and lightweight doesn't let you move anywhere near as fast as it did in MW2.
Is it just me or does everyone seem to move faster/feel lighter even without Lightweight on? I didn't have it on and felt like I was running faster than in MW2 sans lightweight or marathon.
Think it depends on your loadout of choice. If your using the SMG's you run faster than if using an assault or LMG.

Borlaxx
11-10-2010, 07:06 PM
I haven't noticed that Ra, but like retro said, I have been using a LMG so that could be why I don't notice.

=1LT=Mike
11-10-2010, 10:51 PM
My favorite class so far is:
AK74U with Halograpic sight and suppressor
The bottom pistol with improved iron sights (can't remember the name of it)
Frag
Concussion
Jammer
Lightweight pro
Warlord pro
Second chance pro
with tiger camo and MP clan tag

=1LT=Mike
11-10-2010, 10:52 PM
I also have the exact same class except with the M16 with acog and suppressor. It is pretty beastly.

Law
11-14-2010, 08:15 AM
* moved to Killstreak Rewards