PDA

View Full Version : MoH Tactics

theczech99
10-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Please post anything that may help out other MPs here.

One thing that Iíve noticed is that you can shoot through the cracks in walls. One of the best places to do this is playing combat mission in the airfield. Iíve marked the location on this map. When defending the enemies always pile up on the other side of this wall. You can rack up a few kills by shooting through the small separations in this wall.

[attachment=0:3fdaga8o]hanger.jpg[/attachment:3fdaga8o]

Jackie R
10-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Good tip. Thanks!

DayliteMag
10-21-2010, 02:25 PM
I stopped playing, but IMO the best tactic in this game definitely involves using the smoke 'nades to maximum benefit. IF they correct the glitch which prevents you from teaming up with your friends and you can get a full squad of riflemen all with smoke 'nades you could really do some damage in the Combat Missions. The maps are small but the choke points are brutal, so if you coordinate your smoke deployment you should be able to get at least one squad-mate through to the objective.

REMEC87
10-21-2010, 03:33 PM
I have a few good spots when on defense.

Right behind the 2nd objective there are two crates stacked on top of each other(2 ft max). if you scope between the horizontal space betweeen the two crates you can just make out movement in front of the objective. shooting from here will get you a few kills. Also on this objective there is a spot just in front and to the right of the objective where you can shoot both people rushing the objective on the left side and get snipers trying to flank to the far right behind the containers and tanks. I must have gotten 6-7 kills before they realized where i was.

On the third objective on defense if you can make it and get far far left where the tail of a helocopter is its a great way to get kills and assists as people runout of the warehouse and to the objective.

Spike Forehand
10-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Please post anything that may help out other MPs here.

One thing that Iíve noticed is that you can shoot through the cracks in walls. One of the best places to do this is playing combat mission in the airfield. Iíve marked the location on this map. When defending the enemies always pile up on the other side of this wall. You can rack up a few kills by shooting through the small separations in this wall.

[attachment=0:30bjdr7m]hanger.jpg[/attachment:30bjdr7m]

A place I have gotten my biggest score chain ever was defending on this map - Mazir-al-Sharif. At the third defend point - the one just outside the hanger - I squat down below and just to the right of the open window in the right side. From here, you can blow away anyone who comes out the door, as well as anyone who climbs up on the container and tries to shoot out the window. Smart teams eventually figure it out and throw a nade out the window to get you to move out of there, but until they do figure it out you can do some damage.

Sup3rman
10-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Noob question..how do I get smoke grenade? I play rifleman class but I only have regular grenade..is there an option like in BC2? I can't find it anywhere.

theczech99
10-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Noob question..how do I get smoke grenade? I play rifleman class but I only have regular grenade..is there an option like in BC2? I can't find it anywhere.
Rifleman is the only class that has smoke grenades, the other two don't. Yesterday when you blasted me with a shotgun you were not playing rifleman!

Beano
10-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Here is my pro beard tip of the day. In this game and this game only, you must never ever dilly dally at the screen deciding what class or weapon to take. If you do then that sniper has already made up his little nest and killed you over and over as you spawn.

roadrnr
10-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Speaking of Tactics. The other night I was playing some objective raid on the camp map (can't remember what the name of that map is) and found that if you take the objective on the left side first, the defenders will focus more on the right objective.

While that is happening, I found a great way to flank them and kill the snipers that hideout in the building behind (and to the left) of the right objective.

Basically, head up towards the left objective and go behind the buildings, for a second, you go into the "DMZ" but once you get inside the building (thus being behind the snipers) you will be ok.
I got quite a few kills doing that, mostly with the knife (wish MOH had dogtags!!!) Once you take out whoever is in there, you also have access to looking to shooting the defenders camping out the objective.

[attachment=0:21q2wdv0]Objective1.jpg[/attachment:21q2wdv0]

If a couple of people worked together, you could own that room as well as help your teammates take out the other objective. :cheers:

johnboy
10-28-2010, 12:54 PM
I've watched a lot of MoH vids so I'll help you guys with some tactics. Avoid enemy snipers. That is all! :D

Spike Forehand
10-29-2010, 10:56 AM
When defending in Shahikot Mountains in Combat Mission, at the second defend point in the cave there are ammo crates along the wall. Climb up and crouch down behind the crates and you will be tough to spot and further will not be impacted by any nades thrown into the cave. I have also discovered that you can actually shoot enemies through the crates - meaning you don't even have to stick your head up. If someone runs into the cave, for mutliple kills wait a few seconds to see if any additional attacking players spawn on him before blasting away. I got three quick kills last night when a defender ran in and two guys spawned on him and I blasted all three with my AK.

Also in all maps when defending, I like to get outfitted with a silencer on my primary weapon. Then, if the attackers do take down an objective, immediately go into hiding behind their new spawn point for a good few minutes. You can then shoot them in the back of the head as they advance and get a ton of kills without them being sure where you are. Eventually, with intel, they may be able to spot you. However, so many of the greedy little pigs choose mortar strike over intel during kill streaks that I have lasted for quite a while back there racking up kills on occasion before they flushed me out.

Good times!!! :))

roadrnr
10-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Also, above that position there is an opening in the rocks. You can stand up there and get quick kills as they come in to load the mcomm. You just have to watch your back because the attackers can come from behind to get you. Although, there is some good cover in there.

Pwizzle99
10-29-2010, 01:28 PM
The best tactic that I have found has definately been the "Never put the disk into my xbox" tactic. Otherwise not only does my character on the screen die unless I choose to be a bitch ass sniper like 98% of all other MoH players... then also my controller may be damaged as well as my xbox and tv in case the afore mentioned controller gets thrown at the screen. :)