PDA

View Full Version : College Football...

SimonSez
10-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Man, it is like an insane asylum today at work...College Game Day is here on campus this weekend and the stage is right infront of the building I work in...masses of people, no parking (cars being towed left and right due to parking in permit spaces, took me 20 mins to find a spot in my parking garage).

TrojanTeacher
10-22-2010, 02:00 PM
College Football is where it's at! NFL is fun and all, but you can't beat the environment of a college football game. Sure is fun! Say hi to Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit for me!

Tembis
10-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Man, that would be awesome!!!! I have never been to a college game, but would love to some day. ND vs Michagan would be cool.

TrojanTeacher
11-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Just finished watching the LSU vs. Ole Miss game. I HATE that they have to throw a flag on a player that jumps into the endzone as excessive celebration. I think it's home cooking, if you ask me.

El Conquesodor
09-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Just finished watching the LSU vs. Ole Miss game. I HATE that they have to throw a flag on a player that jumps into the endzone as excessive celebration. I think it's home cooking, if you ask me.
They call excessive celebration excessively.

Also, this thread needs more trash talking in it (in the nicest way possible). I hope there aren't any florida state fans in MP, otherwise they are going to be sad after this weekend!

El Conquesodor
09-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Michigan vs Notre Dame... what a f'ing game!!! Hoke'ster is off to a good start.. i'm still saying they win 7 games this season but there's somethin about him that just screams Michigan football and i'm glad Michigan has that once again after the RRod disastrous era...
I caught the end of that game, it was a great one. There were lots of good games saturday, Iowa vs Iowa State in 3 overtimes, colorado and cal in an overtime or two, Auburn barely edging out Mississippi State (unfortunately) Georgia and S. Car played each other tough (which sucks because it means Boise is even better than we thought, I'm so ready to be done hearing about Boise State). Good football being played so far this year.

shady504
09-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Michigan vs Notre Dame... what a f'ing game!!! Hoke'ster is off to a good start.. i'm still saying they win 7 games this season but there's somethin about him that just screams Michigan football and i'm glad Michigan has that once again after the RRod disastrous era...
I caught the end of that game, it was a great one. There were lots of good games saturday, Iowa vs Iowa State in 3 overtimes, colorado and cal in an overtime or two, Auburn barely edging out Mississippi State (unfortunately) Georgia and S. Car played each other tough (which sucks because it means Boise is even better than we thought, I'm so ready to be done hearing about Boise State). Good football being played so far this year.

Bah.... I welcome Boise to come play in the SEC and see what they are made of. I only wish they played Bama or LSU. AFter all, it will likely be one of those teams up against Boise for Champ game spot. I really hope we have a playoff system one day to settle all of this once and for all.

LandShark
09-12-2011, 03:01 PM
BOISE SHOULD BE ON THEIR WAY TO A 3RD staright championship!!!

haha

Retro
09-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Boise ...blah blah blah. How's Utah doing now that they play in a big boy conference? ooooooooohhhhh.

mechatool
09-12-2011, 04:06 PM
I am looking forward to watch my Tigers stomp some as# Thursday!!!! I am so glad they are playing this Thursday because I will be at the UFC Battle on the Bayou on Saturday. I can't wait to see my first UFC event live in person! :D

shady504
09-13-2011, 12:49 PM
I guess we'll see. It looks like we are eventually going to have super conferences. Texas A&M appears ready to join us in the SEC and I'm sure we'll add a few more. I would expect the PAC 12 and Big Ten to follow suit. It will really be interesting to see how they handle the BCS then. It almost screams out for playoff system. They will have to address it where a team like Boise doesn't play one hard game and then a bunch of JV squads to run the table and expect to get in Champ Game. I'm hoping this will finally make the proud Notre Dame Fightin Irish (puke) get in a conference.

mechatool
09-13-2011, 01:00 PM
I guess we'll see. It looks like we are eventually going to have super conferences. Texas A&M appears ready to join us in the SEC and I'm sure we'll add a few more. I would expect the PAC 12 and Big Ten to follow suit. It will really be interesting to see how they handle the BCS then. It almost screams out for playoff system. They will have to address it where a team like Boise doesn't play one hard game and then a bunch of JV squads to run the table and expect to get in Champ Game. I'm hoping this will finally make the proud Notre Dame Fightin Irish (puke) get in a conference.
Shady504 it is nice to see someone else from the Big Easy on the forums! :D I think after A&M joins the SEC they will look to add one more team to even out the East and West. It would be nice to have a playoff system in place, but I will not hold my breath waiting. Besides if they every go to a playoff system the SEC will continue the Championship Streak for a loooooooong time. I think there is too much money at stake in all the Bowl games that the networks and University's don't want to give up for the playoff system.

mechatool
09-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Shady504 it is nice to see someone else from the Big Easy on the forums! :D I think after A&M joins the SEC they will look to add one more team to even out the East and West. It would be nice to have a playoff system in place, but I will not hold my breath waiting. Besides if they every go to a playoff system the SEC will continue the Championship Streak for a loooooooong time. I think there is too much money at stake in all the Bowl games that the networks and University's don't want to give up for the playoff system.

The money involved is just incredible.... and that's the reason their will not be a playoff anytime soon
Agreed. +1

LandShark
09-13-2011, 03:51 PM
as long as oklahoma and Texas stay out of the big 10, the playoff is a real possibility.

I read an article, i will try and find it, but some "experts" figured out the amount of money a playoff system would make for the NCAA with the added games for the biggest 10 or so named schools and all bowl cities getting playoff games, some more than 2, and it was astronomically higher than what they are bringing in now. once the power is shifted, look out! exciting times for NCAA football

mechatool
09-13-2011, 03:59 PM
as long as oklahoma and Texas stay out of the big 10, the playoff is a real possibility.

I read an article, i will try and find it, but some "experts" figured out the amount of money a playoff system would make for the NCAA with the added games for the biggest 10 or so named schools and all bowl cities getting playoff games, some more than 2, and it was astronomically higher than what they are bringing in now. once the power is shifted, look out! exciting times for NCAA football
I think it would be a great idea to keep the bowl games for the teams that don't make the playoffs and they could rotate the final championship game each year like the do now. The biggest problem with the playoff system is the added games each school would have to play, but that does mean more money for the schools and the networks who are involved. :-?

shady504
09-14-2011, 01:04 PM

I think A&M joining us in the SEC is just the first domino to fall. They will find another to balance it out sooner rather than later and I wouldn't be surprised to see SEC grow by another 4 teams (including A&M) over the next few years. It just seems that's the way college football is heading. I guess we'll have to see how the BS, I mean BCS, adapts to super conferences. As far as SEC and the champ streak... I'd put our conference champ up against anybody out there and like my chances. But I'm sure others feel the same way about their conference.

mechatool
09-16-2011, 12:27 AM
A nice hard nose game and victory for the fighting tigers last night!!! Typical SEC battle tonight. MS has a pretty good football team. I bet they are going to surprise some teams this season.

LandShark
09-16-2011, 07:23 AM
mistakes aplenty last night for MS.

El Conquesodor
09-16-2011, 10:08 AM
A nice hard nose game and victory for the fighting tigers last night!!! Typical SEC battle tonight. MS has a pretty good football team. I bet they are going to surprise some teams this season.
Yeah or get surprised (auburn)

shady504
09-16-2011, 05:12 PM

Yeah. Good game. If LSU stays on a roll, it's going to be a pretty interesting game in November with Bama. Probably the two best defenses in the country going at it. Have the ice packs ready. First to 14 may win it.

@ Conq: I see the OU avatar you have. I'm pulling for you guys this Saturday. Mainly because I hate Fla St but still pulling for you all. I think if OU gets through this game, they have a legit shot at making an unbeaten run. I just hope they aren't playing boise in the big game.....

mechatool
09-16-2011, 06:21 PM

Yeah. Good game. If LSU stays on a roll, it's going to be a pretty interesting game in November with Bama. Probably the two best defenses in the country going at it. Have the ice packs ready. First to 14 may win it.

@ Conq: I see the OU avatar you have. I'm pulling for you guys this Saturday. Mainly because I hate Fla St but still pulling for you all. I think if OU gets through this game, they have a legit shot at making an unbeaten run. I just hope they aren't playing boise in the big game.....
The Bama game is always a good one!!! Can't wait to see that game, but we have plenty :-ss games before that one.

MoreCowBell87
09-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Arkansas at Alabama next week end! Whooo Pig Suueeeyyyy Cmon Razorbacks!

SimonSez
09-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Waiting for our chancellor her at University of Missouri to make the announcement we are leaving NCAA and moving to NAIA...we will still get our behinds kicked! =)) =))

(by the way, this was sarcasm for how I feel about the big 12 and all the whining and moving about)

mechatool
09-20-2011, 12:03 PM
My favorite college team besides LSU is who ever is playing Alabama (except for when they are playing someone out of The SEC)! =)) =)) =)) Come on Razorbacks!

MoreCowBell87
09-20-2011, 01:34 PM
My favorite college team besides LSU is who ever is playing Alabama (except for when they are playing someone out of The SEC)! =)) =)) =)) Come on Razorbacks!
My family are all hog fans by birth. As far back as I can remember, even my great grandmother.

shady504
09-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Heard on ESPN radio today at lunch that West Virginia may be the next team to come to SEC. They also mentioned Texas and Oklahoma likely going to PAC 12. I like it. Hated watching USC whip up on the PAC 10 in the past and claim to be the best. Oregon and Stanford have stepped up lately but Texas and OU will at least add some challenge to the PAC. Looks like the Big East is falling apart. I wonder if TCU can get out of their deal to go to Big East now that everyone is bailing on them?

mechatool
09-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Heard on ESPN radio today at lunch that West Virginia may be the next team to come to SEC. They also mentioned Texas and Oklahoma likely going to PAC 12. I like it. Hated watching USC whip up on the PAC 10 in the past and claim to be the best. Oregon and Stanford have stepped up lately but Texas and OU will at least add some challenge to the PAC. Looks like the Big East is falling apart. I wonder if TCU can get out of their deal to go to Big East now that everyone is bailing on them?
I was reading an article yesterday talking about west Virginia as a possible 14th member to the SEC. I think they are a quality football program.

LandShark
09-24-2011, 10:16 AM
A&M vs osu, a&m by 16!

Ill be watching the game at the fredricksburg brewery.

Bongtoker A2
09-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Sorry,Landshark looks like your going to need more of these than you were thinking today. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Harshfence
09-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Go 'Bama!

I live in Michigan and everyone here is Michigan or Michigan State. I am an Alabama guy. Been that way for about 15 years now. Their running backs and defense are awesome! But, Nick Saban is probably the best coach in college football now considering the way he can go into a school and turn them into champions in such a short time.

mechatool
09-24-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm about to watch my tiger take on WV. Geaux Tigers!! :applause:

LandShark
09-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Sorry,Landshark looks like your going to need more of these than you were thinking today. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Dumb stupid idiots. Don't they know you gotta play two halves!!!!

I think im going to change my team to Sam houston state!

MoreCowBell87
09-25-2011, 06:04 AM

Don't feel bad LandShark, after Arkansas's game yesterday I am switching to highschool foot ball, they play harder. :))

:cheers:

Harshfence
09-25-2011, 07:06 AM

Don't feel bad LandShark, after Arkansas's game yesterday I am switching to highschool foot ball, they play harder. :))

Arkansas started off decent. I thought they were looking good for most of the first half. I was actually kinda worried for most of the first half.

MoreCowBell87
09-25-2011, 07:13 AM

Arkansas started off decent. I thought they were looking good for most of the first half. I was actually kinda worried for most of the first half.

All I have to say is Richardson should be illegal and I think Wilson may now be handicapped. Dude got killed every play! All in all it was a typical Arkansas game, come out strong and then in the second half get amnesia and think they are playing hopscotch, happens every time.

Harshfence
09-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Sound like my Detroit Lions the last few years. :)
I agree that Richardson is a beast! But, Lacy and Fowler are no joke either. Even if they were to take Richardson out opponents still have to deal with those two. Just like the last couple years when Ingram was there.

MoreCowBell87
10-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Hogs smashed Auburn 38 - 14. Bringing it back.

Madlob75
10-11-2011, 01:37 PM
I was reading an article yesterday talking about west Virginia as a possible 14th member to the SEC. I think they are a quality football program.

I think the latest rumor is Missouri going to the SEC for the 2013 season. If they go, who will get pushed from the West to the East? Assuming you are keeping the West/East geographically accurate.

mechatool
10-11-2011, 02:06 PM

I think the latest rumor is Missouri going to the SEC for the 2013 season. If they go, who will get pushed from the West to the East? Assuming you are keeping the West/East geographically accurate.
Good question. I think they would put Missouri in the east if they joined. Only because A&M will be in the SEC West. If they were to join the west then 2 teams would have to be pushed from the West to the East and I don't see that happening.

LSU is on a roll. They have several tough games on the back half of the season starting this saturday in Tenn.

Madlob75
10-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Tenn "should" be manageable with Bray out, and I can't wait until the LSU/Alabama game.

Harshfence
10-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Tenn "should" be manageable with Bray out, and I can't wait until the LSU/Alabama game.

Me either. I am a big Bama fan! It will be a great game whatever the outcome!

mechatool
10-11-2011, 03:32 PM
You are right about that, but I don't like to put a jinks on LSU by saying that. The Bama game is going to be EPIC. IMOP the Bama game is the national championship game.

TrojanTeacher
10-18-2011, 04:13 PM
If OU plays Bama, OU wins. If OU plays LSU, LSU wins. If OSU plays either of the SEC teams, it will be a tough game, but I think the SEC will come out on top. If Wisconsin plays any of the above mentioned teams, Wisconsin will be the next national champ. By the way, I'm a USC Trojan fan...so no bias from me. Haha.

LandShark
10-18-2011, 04:20 PM
If OU plays Bama, OU wins. If OU plays LSU, LSU wins. If OSU plays either of the SEC teams, it will be a tough game, but I think the SEC will come out on top. If Wisconsin plays any of the above mentioned teams, Wisconsin will be the next national champ. By the way, I'm a USC Trojan fan...so no bias from me. Haha.
not sure wisky can match up with LSU speed wise, and speed wins in NCAA.

TrojanTeacher
10-18-2011, 04:22 PM
You can't run if your legs are broken...

LandShark
10-18-2011, 04:24 PM
You can't run if your legs are broken...
:D

Madlob75
10-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Hey Trojan, how's Lane working out for you? I think everyone over here was glad to see him leave.

TrojanTeacher
10-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Kiffin has been a nice surprise. He's using the offense in a way that I don't agree he should, but it seems to be winning games. We have THREE top notch recievers, but he doesn't use them all the time. Our QB is a lacking on the deep ball, which is why I think Kiffin is using more Quick Slant and Ins that I'd like to see. He demeanor is great. He never seems to be HIP HIP HOORAY about anything (like Pete Carrol), which to me is a nice change. These kids have to realize that hard work wins, not a cheerleading coach. He was our offensive coordinator during one of our BCS championships in the 2000's and I know that he can call good plays to score. The only concern we have over here is Monte Kiffin...we don't know if his defense has hit its last leg.

mechatool
10-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Looks like LSU will be without a couple of their playmakers this weekend http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2 ... u-football (http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2011/10/19/2501199/tyrann-mathieu-spencer-ware-suspended-lsu-football) X(

Hopefully this should only be a little speed bump for them. :-?

TrojanTeacher
10-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Those are two KEY players...hm...my buddy from Georgia is going to love this. He's a Tigers fan and hates people that spell the word "GEUX" like that. LOL!!!

mechatool
10-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Those are two KEY players...hm...my buddy from Georgia is going to love this. He's a Tigers fan and hates people that spell the word "GEUX" like that. LOL!!!
Those are two very key players, but the Tiger are deep at all positions. 3 to 4 deep at cornerbacks and running backs. I am glad Les Miles has the balls to suspend key players and to set an example to all the players. It doesn't matter who you are, If you F up you will pay the price on the LSU football team.

mechatool
11-05-2011, 11:39 PM
LSU wins the game of the century tonight!!! :-ss :-bd Good game and I wouldn't be surprised to see a rematch for the national championship if Stanford and OSU loose before the season ends.

LandShark
11-06-2011, 08:17 AM
LSU wins the game of the century tonight!!! :-ss :-bd Good game and I wouldn't be surprised to see a rematch for the national championship if Stanford and OSU loose before the season ends.
definitelt two of the best played last night. sounded like a very good game.

as far as playing each other for national championship, i think its a bad idea. If bama wins, then LSU can argue they won against them once and you would have to have a game 3 to determine NC.

sniperella
11-06-2011, 09:07 AM

as far as playing each other for national championship, i think its a bad idea. If bama wins, then LSU can argue they won against them once and you would have to have a game 3 to determine NC.
I don't care, I WANT A REMATCH!!!

MoreCowBell87
11-06-2011, 09:21 AM

I don't care, I WANT A REMATCH!!!

It was a lame kicker shoot out. But Bama lost fair and square even if their field goal kicker is garbage :P

sniperella
11-06-2011, 09:29 AM
It was a lame kicker shoot out. But Bama lost fair and square even if their field goal kicker is garbage :P

That Was Tragic...

That guy sucked donkey balls, Bama better be on the prowl for a kicker that can actually get close to the goal post!!! They would have won if they hadn't missed the three field goals in game, let alone the one in overtime. There were several ref calls that were bad last night, and Saban made some piss poor coaching calls too. Who sends an injured player out for a punt return?????

Overall, it was a well played game, and I wasn't too surprised at the end given the way Bama has played against some lesser teams this season (Tennessee). They don't play a very consistent game. I would love to see a Nat'l Championship rematch between these two teams. The defensive game on both sides was phenomenal, maybe they should just take special teams and defense, and leave the offense at home! ;)

Harshfence
11-06-2011, 12:09 PM
That was the way an evenly matched defensive game should go. If Alabama's kicking game was worth anything, they would have won.
I think they should have punted when they were trying the long field goals considering they knew their kicker sucked b*lls. Richardson actually did pretty good considering the level of defense he was playing. He still got close to 100 yards rushing.

I know Bama lost, but I still don't think LSU is a better team. The game could have went either way. ;)
And, I agree that they should not have put Maze in when he was hurt to field that kick. Stupid call and it really could have been the difference in the game since they would have gotten the ball at about the 50 yd line instead of the 20.

sniperella
11-06-2011, 05:34 PM
That was the way an evenly matched defensive game should go. If Alabama's kicking game was worth anything, they would have won.
I think they should have punted when they were trying the long field goals considering they knew their kicker sucked b*lls. Richardson actually did pretty good considering the level of defense he was playing. He still got close to 100 yards rushing.

I know Bama lost, but I still don't think LSU is a better team. The game could have went either way. ;)
And, I agree that they should not have put Maze in when he was hurt to field that kick. Stupid call and it really could have been the difference in the game since they would have gotten the ball at about the 50 yd line instead of the 20.

Well said, friend! I too think Bama would have won had they not had a field goal kicker that sucked! I still say, bring on the rematch, as I don't think there are any other college teams out there right now with the caliber players that these two teams have. I wondered, after the first epic fail of a field goal attempt, why they even tried the others. Oh well, at the end of the day, somebody had to lose, which I think is also tragic. Neither team deserved to lose as well as they have both played all season. We'll see what the future holds for both of these teams... ;)

Eag1e2187
11-07-2011, 07:27 AM
I know those where the top two defenses in the country but I felt like I was watching highschool offenses play, the QB play was bad I thought.

Harshfence
11-07-2011, 09:40 AM

Well said, friend! I too think Bama would have won had they not had a field goal kicker that sucked! I still say, bring on the rematch, as I don't think there are any other college teams out there right now with the caliber players that these two teams have. I wondered, after the first epic fail of a field goal attempt, why they even tried the others. Oh well, at the end of the day, somebody had to lose, which I think is also tragic. Neither team deserved to lose as well as they have both played all season. We'll see what the future holds for both of these teams... ;)

+1
Yep, a rematch is a good possibility actually. So, we will see. :)

mechatool
11-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I know those where the top two defenses in the country but I felt like I was watching highschool offenses play, the QB play was bad I thought.
Defense wins Championships. This is what the two best defense in all of college football will make you offense look like. Alabama and LSU beat everybody they played by double digits because they didn't have this type of defense. They have shut down plenty of offense that put up 40+ points a game this year. Those high scoring offenses (Spread Offense) are able to put many point on the board because the defenses they play against are not good. ;) :cheers:

sniperella
11-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Defense wins Championships. This is what the two best defense in all of college football will make you offense look like. Alabama and LSU beat everybody they played by double digits because they didn't have this type of defense. They have shut down plenty of offense that put up 40+ points a game this year. Those high scoring offenses (Spread Offense) are able to put many point on the board because the defenses they play against are not good. ;) :cheers:

Well said, mecha! I agree, both teams need a better offense, but even then, they would really have to be superb to get past either defense. I knew this wouldn't be a high scoring game. I also think both teams need to find a better QB, you can't always depend on a strong defense and special teams to win a game for you (as Bama has learned). ;)

TonkaToys
11-10-2011, 12:14 PM
So what's happening with Penn State and Paterno then?

mechatool
11-10-2011, 12:41 PM
So what's happening with Penn State and Paterno then?
Paterno is out. The board of Trustees fired him yesterday evening. Who is his replacement? I heard they would like to go after Saban, but who wouldn't want Saban. I don't see Saban leaving Bama....NOT SO FAST. He knows how to build a winning program and he would have an easy road to the BSC every year not being in the SEC.

sniperella
11-27-2011, 10:12 AM
ROLL TIDE! Are we gonna see a rematch? Tide vs. LSU??? I sure hope so! I just hope the Tide can find a decent kicker. That hurt them again this weekend, even though they clobbered Auburn. And how about Richardson? That man is just BEAST! ;)

mechatool
11-27-2011, 11:06 AM
ROLL TIDE! Are we gonna see a rematch? Tide vs. LSU??? I sure hope so! I just hope the Tide can find a decent kicker. That hurt them again this weekend, even though they clobbered Auburn. And how about Richardson? That man is just BEAST! ;)
TIGER BAIT!!! Looks like we will have a rematch! I think Bama deserves the rematch because they are the 2nd best team in the country. I would rather LSU play some other team for the BCS Championship because it would be easy for them to win, but this is the correct matchup IMOP. This is the only team LSU could play that makes me :-ss the whole game.

sniperella
11-27-2011, 11:18 AM
TIGER BAIT!!! Looks like we will have a rematch! I think Bama deserves the rematch because they are the 2nd best team in the country. I would rather LSU play some other team for the BCS Championship because it would be easy for them to win, but this is the correct matchup IMOP. This is the only team LSU could play that makes me :-ss the whole game.

Agreed. I really hate the way they decide these games. I think it is stupid to have LSU play Georgia for the SEC title. You could do both in one game, LSU vs. Bama. I get the whole east and west thing and all that jazz, I just think it is crappy when Georgia is obviously no match for LSU. I wish they would go to play offs if they aren't going to make fair game decisions with polls!

LandShark
11-27-2011, 11:55 AM
i still dont think Bama should get to play for championship game even though they are the best team in the nation. I don tthink they should because LSU has already won that game, if bama was to beat them then LSU can say they are still number one or CO number ones because they each have a win over each other. OSU if they win out should get the championship game if they win out.

donhardeone
11-27-2011, 02:16 PM
As a Georgia fan, I have to say I am not that optimistic on our chances Saturday. LSU and Bama are on a completely different level of play than other teams in the country right now. While I agree they are the two best teams in the country (and I obviously would love to see an all-SEC championship), I don't like the idea of a rematch for those two particular teams mainly for the fact that would mean a team that did not only fail to win their conference, but didn't even go to the game would be playing in the championship. I remember back in 08 I believe when EVERYONE said Georgia was the best team in the nation (with two stupid losses) but nobody would vote them since they had not won their conference/division. It seems a little :-? that everyone is willing to overlook that unspoken rule now (yes, yes I am still bitter).

That being said, I honestly don't think anyone outside of Bama has a chance at beating LSU right now.

Bongtoker A2
11-27-2011, 05:40 PM
I agree with You guy's Bama had their shot at LSU and lost. I would much rather see somebody else get a shot at LSU. The fact is there needs to be a playoff system put in place to end all this silliness in College football.

sniperella
11-27-2011, 05:42 PM
The fact is there needs to be a playoff system put in place to end all this silliness in College football.

YES!! I really don't understand why they do things the way they do. I'm sure it is like everything else in life that doesn't make sense, politics and money!

mechatool
11-27-2011, 05:44 PM
As a Georgia fan, I have to say I am not that optimistic on our chances Saturday. LSU and Bama are on a completely different level of play than other teams in the country right now. While I agree they are the two best teams in the country (and I obviously would love to see an all-SEC championship), I don't like the idea of a rematch for those two particular teams mainly for the fact that would mean a team that did not only fail to win their conference, but didn't even go to the game would be playing in the championship. I remember back in 08 I believe when EVERYONE said Georgia was the best team in the nation (with two stupid losses) but nobody would vote them since they had not won their conference/division. It seems a little :-? that everyone is willing to overlook that unspoken rule now (yes, yes I am still bitter).

That being said, I honestly don't think anyone outside of Bama has a chance at beating LSU right now.
I agree. Bama is the only team that has me worried as a tiger fan. Until they change the BCS (which I hate), the number 1 & 2 teams in the nation should face each other (this is what the BCS was designed to do). Those two teams are LSU and Bama IMOP. I don't like the fact that LSU would have to play them again because everything you said in your post, but if the 2 best teams are to play then this is the matchup.

sniperella
11-27-2011, 05:56 PM

I agree. Bama is the only team that has me worried as a tiger fan. Until they change the BCS (which I hate), the number 1 & 2 teams in the nation should face each other (this is what the BCS was designed to do). Those two teams are LSU and Bama IMOP. I don't like the fact that LSU would have to play them again because everything you said in your post, but if the 2 best teams are to play then this is the matchup.

Exactly! What is the point of a championship game if you have anything less than the top 2 teams going up against each other? Unless they change to a play off system, which I think they should, then this is how it was meant to be. I think it is crap that LSU is playing Georgia for the SEC championship. If Georgia was at least in the top 3 it would be different. Hell, we all already know the outcome of that game! Poor Georgia for having to go through it, I hope they at least keep it pretty even as they do have a pretty decent offense this year, but against that LSU defense, not sure they really stand much of a chance. I have nothing against Georgia, and some years they have been awesome. I guess that is part of why I like college football so much is it changes so frequently, the top teams could be anyone, you just never really know till the games start every season! I am always for any SEC team against anyone else except Tennessee (funny seeing as how I am a Tennessean...). I love it when the SEC is on top! ;)

mechatool
11-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Eveyone always wanted to see an SEC tem loose in the BSC championship game....well it looks like their wish will be granted.....only problem is the winner will be an SEC team also!! =)) =)) =)) =))

Retro
11-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Mike Leach returns!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/11/30/washington-state-mike-leach.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a7&eref=sihp

LandShark
12-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Mike Leach returns!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/11/30/washington-state-mike-leach.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a7&eref=sihp

Heard that last night. I hope he turns WSu around quick and makes the idiots at Tech look look like the clowns they are.

Retro
12-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Knew this was coming.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/12/01/texas.am.fires.sherman.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a9&eref=sihp

LandShark
12-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Knew this was coming.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/12/01/texas.am.fires.sherman.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a9&eref=sihp
wish they would have done that and hired Leach. HOw funny would that have been?!?

mechatool
01-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Geaux Tigers!!!!!! It should be an epic game tonight. I think my boss is going to let me go home early today! The french quarters has been rocking all weekend long with the Saints, LSU, and Bama fans. :cheers:

sniperella
01-09-2012, 02:05 PM
ROLL TIDE!

sniperella
01-09-2012, 02:28 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHHmCGyHDg8b1ESsMtwH4MciNHuEu0e kcRlWkKJbrTMeXy4aehtzdKVNcT

mechatool
01-09-2012, 02:51 PM
ROLL TIDE!
I knew you couldn't resist making a comment!!!! =)) =)) =)) It is going to be a great game.

What's the one thing the Tigers and the moon have in common?
[spoiler:wrsckcqn]They both control the Tide! Geaux Tigers....Tiger Bait, Tiger Bait, Tiger Bait!![/spoiler:wrsckcqn]

sniperella
01-09-2012, 03:04 PM
[spoiler:ll5wwqtf]http://thekoolkidstable.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/473.jpg[/spoiler:ll5wwqtf]

mechatool
01-09-2012, 03:05 PM
[spoiler:atw9ss8f]http://thekoolkidstable.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/473.jpg[/spoiler:atw9ss8f]
=)) =)) =)) =)) good one.

Retro
01-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Second half better be an improvement. And it's not a "great" defensive struggle either. It's good defense beating up on useless offense. (-|

sniperella
01-09-2012, 11:48 PM
http://www.skylinepictures.com/Alabama_Crimson_Tide_al50_large.jpg

sniperella
01-10-2012, 12:42 PM
[spoiler:1zw83qdw]http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/386165_346556218705009_140740819286551_1308969_730 799981_n.jpg[/spoiler:1zw83qdw]

mechatool
01-10-2012, 02:48 PM
LSU got their balls handed to them from the Tide last night. :(( Bama dominated every aspect of the game ^:)^ . I will have to wait until they play again to get this sour taste out of my mouth. Nice job Bama!

sniperella
01-15-2012, 08:35 PM
[yt:1dqnzhk2]pSNl-y6WHJs[/yt:1dqnzhk2]

LandShark
05-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Louisville to the Big 12, could also have added Fla St but the idiots in Austin are against.

TrojanTeacher
05-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Just a look at the OOC schedule for the POWERFUL SEC LSU team:

(21) Washington
Idaho
FCS: Towson
North Texas

They deserve the #1 ranking. ;p Bama should be #1. Just sayin'.

TrojanTeacher
06-04-2012, 10:56 AM
90 days 'til COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!

mechatool
06-04-2012, 11:53 AM
I can't wait....GEAUX TIGERS!!! :D

Madlob75
06-04-2012, 12:25 PM

Hooah!! Go Carolina!!! (The real USC!)

cubizzle
06-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Golden Domers!!!!!!

HardlyCapable13
06-04-2012, 02:17 PM
My 2 teams:

http://www.degreedriven.com/images/logo/3NV38BT1M9.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BwMQiTTD5Ak/TOXwUmDxmXI/AAAAAAAAB8Y/MSjr70TfRL0/s400/UofHawaii.jpg

TrojanTeacher
06-05-2012, 01:30 AM

That comment is wrong on so many levels.

donhardeone
06-05-2012, 07:33 AM

That comment is wrong on so many levels.

=)) =)) =)) But funny!

Gooo Dawgs! Not sure I like that UGA/USC game being moved out of its traditional spot, really makes the game even more impactful on the season I think though.

TrojanTeacher
06-05-2012, 12:47 PM
I can never root for USC East, how can you support a team that chants

http://www.americasbestonline.com/sccocls1.jpg

Well, at least she looks happy. :)) =))

LandShark
06-05-2012, 04:09 PM
And she has all her teeth.

Gig em!

Retro
06-05-2012, 04:29 PM

I don't know something about a bunch of cheerleaders chanting "we love cocks"..... :-? @-) :| /:) :) B-) :D

TrojanTeacher
06-06-2012, 11:42 AM
I'd worry about the two guys in the back, especially the one on the left. He looks extremely happy.

Retro
06-06-2012, 11:48 AM
I'd worry about the two guys in the back, especially the one on the left. He looks extremely happy.
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/9418665.jpg

mechatool
06-06-2012, 12:00 PM

I don't know something about a bunch of cheerleaders chanting "we love ****"..... :-? @-) :| /:) :) B-) :D
I think the guy is raising his hand trying to take her up on her offer! =)) =)) =))

Retro
06-06-2012, 12:17 PM

I don't know something about a bunch of cheerleaders chanting "we love ****"..... :-? @-) :| /:) :) B-) :D
I think the guy is raising his hand trying to take her up on her offer! =)) =)) =))
I GOT ONE!!!!!

mechatool
06-06-2012, 12:44 PM

I GOT ONE!!!!!
(Guy in the back) HEY, RIGHT HERE.....I'M FIRST!!!

Madlob75
06-06-2012, 01:02 PM

Touche!

jacknighttamer
06-07-2012, 09:42 AM
My 2 teams:

http://www.degreedriven.com/images/logo/3NV38BT1M9.jpg

:cheers: \m/ Go Hawks

The Gator
09-30-2012, 02:51 PM
There was some good SEC football on this weekend. UGA and UTenn was a good one.
@Mechatool- Looking forward to next weekend at the Swamp!

mechatool
09-30-2012, 06:27 PM
There was some good SEC football on this weekend. UGA and UTenn was a good one.
@Mechatool- Looking forward to next weekend at the Swamp!

I'm not...the way LSU is playing right now. If LSU plays like the last couple of games, the gators are going to eat them up. It should be a good game, if our quarterback takes care of the ball.

The Gator
10-01-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm not...the way LSU is playing right now. If LSU plays like the last couple of games, the gators are going to eat them up. It should be a good game, if our quarterback takes care of the ball.
They didn't look good again Towson that's for sure. I would have a hard time getting motivated for Towson though. I'm sure The Mad Hatter will have them ready for the SWAMP.

mechatool
10-01-2012, 04:09 PM
They didn't look good again Towson that's for sure. I would have a hard time getting motivated for Towson though. I'm sure The Mad Hatter will have them ready for the SWAMP.

I was at the game. "They didn't look good" is putting it nice. This will be their first true test. I think LSU is favored by 4 points. I was surprised, by the way LSU has been playing, I would have the gators favored by 4. It's going to be a good game!

The Gator
10-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Who is showing the game, CBS or ESPN? I haven't looked yet.

mechatool
10-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Who is showing the game, CBS or ESPN? I haven't looked yet.

I want to say CBS and I think it's a 2:30 game, but I haven't look either.

tweety
10-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Where I am from, is the worst, pathetic team in the SEC. Go Gators!

CELockwood
10-01-2012, 08:37 PM

You have friends to commiserate with. Wait for basketball season.

The Gator
10-01-2012, 09:22 PM
I want to say CBS and I think it's a 2:30 game, but I haven't look either.
Crap! Yep, 2:30 your time on CBS. I can not stand Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson! Been spoiled by ESPN the last four games.

The Gator
10-01-2012, 09:28 PM
CELockwood is right Tweety. Hang in there for the B-Ball.

mechatool
10-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Crap! Yep, 2:30 your time on CBS. I can not stand Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson! Been spoiled by ESPN the last four games.

LOL, I feel the same about Verne and Gary.

donhardeone
10-02-2012, 09:08 AM
LOL, I feel the same about Verne and Gary.

I think we ALL feel that way about Verne and Gary. I just muted the game Saturday for a bit because I got tired of hearing them.

The Gator
10-02-2012, 07:48 PM
I think we ALL feel that way about Verne and Gary. I just muted the game Saturday for a bit because I got tired of hearing them.
It's a shame there will be so many tv's being muted in the SEC this season.

TrojanTeacher
10-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Bama will win the SEC championship this year, no doubt. I can't wait to see the BAMA vs LSU game end at a 2-0 score, all defense.

lurchmonster
10-05-2012, 12:36 PM
I think your right Teach...man I yearn for the glory days when U of M ruled the world!! Go BLUE!

The Gator
10-06-2012, 10:22 AM
@Mechatool, today is the day!:croc:Go GATORS!

The Gator
10-06-2012, 09:07 PM
That game was not what I expected!

mechatool
10-06-2012, 11:06 PM

This is what I was afraid of, LSU offense needs so much improvement. Nice win for the gators! It looks like it is going to be a long month for the tigers.

TrojanTeacher
10-06-2012, 11:14 PM

If it was passing you were looking for, that doesn't happen in the SEC. :peace:

The Gator
10-08-2012, 09:28 PM
They usually pass a lot more than what they did. LSU still has a bad ass pass rush. I'm just surprised they had the success that they did. That wasn't typical Gator football but, I like it.

What happened to the Dawgs? I'm not surprised by the outcome, just the way it went down. Thoughts?

TrojanTeacher
10-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Personally, I think the SEC is just Alabama this year. It kinds of reminds me of the PAC-10 years when it was just USC and the rest. But the sanctions have allowed better athletes to go elsewhere because of the sanctions and now things are starting to even out. Parity in the PAC-12 is incredible. They definitely aren't THE power conference, but they're getting there. The Bulldogs got wasted by a superior SC team, one that knew how to play the pass and run game. I can't understand how LSU is still ranked in the top 10 after losing to Florida, almost giving away too much to Towson High School and almost losing to 1-4 Auburn. Bias, that's all I can say.

CB-40
10-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Parity in the PAC-12 is incredible. They definitely aren't THE power conference, but they're getting there.
The PAC-12 is definitely sitting pretty right now. @Teach, I'm just going to enjoy this one week where OSU is ranked ahead of USC since it won't last....lol.

Madlob75
10-13-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm worried Mech....LSU O line is looking good.

CB-40
10-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Nice win for OSU over BYU today. Made some good gains on the ground against the Cougs top ranked run D and some stops when they needed them. Should move up at least another notch this next week. Go Beavs!

The Gator
10-14-2012, 02:01 PM
I was off the grid Saturday for a cub scout campout. It looks like I missed some good college football!

mechatool
10-15-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm worried Mech....LSU O line is looking good.

LSU O line finally put a game together! It is tough when you are missing 3 of the 5 starters on the line, but we still need wayyyyy better play from the quarterback. I thought the gamecocks was going to win this game. If we don't get better play from our quarterback, Bama going to put a whopping on us.

Beano
10-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Hey guys early selections for this years East vs. West game. I gotta say I'll be watching Hingle McKringleberry from Penn St. Ozamataz Buckshank looks strong to. But keep watching till the very end for this years surprise pick. Good stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss&feature=related

The Gator
10-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Now the invasion starts for the Worlds Largest Cocktail Party. I always enjoy being overran with over sized Bulldog flags flying in the back of big jacked up pickup trucks.:madgrin:

donhardeone
10-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Now the invasion starts for the Worlds Largest Cocktail Party. I always enjoy being overran with over sized Bulldog flags flying in the back of big jacked up pickup trucks.:madgrin:

If the rest of the US wants to knwo where all of their gas goes...Athens, Ga! All of these :cuss: jacked up trucks with huges :cuss: tires on it prob only get 5 miles/gallon at best! On the topic of football, *maybe* this Saturday will be the game the Bulldogs FINALLY put it all together and play to their potential! Even as a hardcore Dawg fan, I got to admit that this year my hope of winning against you darned Gators is slim; but there is still hope. We are loaded with talent all over the field if we can just get it together.

If both teams play to potential though, it should be one heck of a cocktail party and game! I hate I'm not making the trip this year...it's be nice to meet you sir.

The Gator
10-21-2012, 08:18 PM
If the rest of the US wants to knwo where all of their gas goes...Athens, Ga! All of these :cuss: jacked up trucks with huges :cuss: tires on it prob only get 5 miles/gallon at best! On the topic of football, *maybe* this Saturday will be the game the Bulldogs FINALLY put it all together and play to their potential! Even as a hardcore Dawg fan, I got to admit that this year my hope of winning against you darned Gators is slim; but there is still hope. We are loaded with talent all over the field if we can just get it together.

If both teams play to potential though, it should be one heck of a cocktail party and game! I hate I'm not making the trip this year...it's be nice to meet you sir.
It will be a rough game. My blood pressure will highly elevated for those three and a half hours. Have you ever been to Jacksonville before. I live off of the first and second exit in Florida. Just look for the Waycross Riviera signs......I mean Fernandina Beach:biggrin1:. Come on down next time. I've had a beer with a Bulldog fan before:wink:.

donhardeone
10-21-2012, 09:52 PM
It will be a rough game. My blood pressure will highly elevated for those three and a half hours. Have you ever been to Jacksonville before. I live off of the first and second exit in Florida. Just look for the Waycross Riviera signs......I mean Fernandina Beach:biggrin1:. Come on down next time. I've had a beer with a Bulldog fan before:wink:.

Oh yeah, I have made the journey quite a few times...last time I went the Dawgs got a little excessive celebration penalty and came out with a win! Hopefully I can get tickets and make the trip next year. No football experience can come close to that of the cocktail party each year, especially if we start winning there a bit more often and keep the rivalry competitive.

The Gator
10-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Well donhardeone, today will be a day of high blood pressure:biggrin:

donhardeone
10-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Well donhardeone, today will be a day of high blood pressure:biggrin:

Heh, already is for me...big game today and I am stuck on UGA campus working still. Hoping to finish up in time for the game though, if not I may just have to "borrow" one of those huge projectors to watch. :evil:

The Gator
10-28-2012, 11:28 AM
My new avatar says it all.:Cry:

donhardeone
10-28-2012, 02:00 PM
LOL...turnovers aside, I think it was a good, hard-fought game from both sides. Both teams flexed their defensive muscles, and both coaches showed that they are passionate (I do believe Muschamp was just a *little* upset on that one play). Offensively wasn't anything special, but those defenses looked so good there was little hope on either offense looking spectacular.

Now all that is left is to cross my fingers that the Dawgs don't pull their usual thing of losing to someone like Auburn who hasn't done anything this year.

The Gator
10-28-2012, 03:46 PM
LOL...turnovers aside, I think it was a good, hard-fought game from both sides. Both teams flexed their defensive muscles, and both coaches showed that they are passionate (I do believe Muschamp was just a *little* upset on that one play). Offensively wasn't anything special, but those defenses looked so good there was little hope on either offense looking spectacular.

Now all that is left is to cross my fingers that the Dawgs don't pull their usual thing of losing to someone like Auburn who hasn't done anything this year.
Penalty...fumble....penalty....fumble....penalty.. ..fumble.....sad. That had to be the worst game the Gators played in years. Muschamp was the only passionate one on the whole team. But, enough of my sniveling...If the Dawgs Defense plays Bama the same way they did the Gators, that will make for a great SEC championship! I would like to see an East Team win the SEC.

The Gator
11-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Now that I'm fully recovered and the Dawg barking has subsided at work....
There is some good SEC games on today! I'm also looking forward to watching Oregon and USC.

SheepDog320
11-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Yeah im hoping that the tide doesnt roll over my tigers. Im a die hard tiger fan but im worried bama may be to much

The Gator
11-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Well Don, is the Dawgs going to take care of Auburn?

The Gator
11-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Well it looks like the SEC is back into the mix. I have two very difficult words to say......Go DAWGS!

Gink
11-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Well it looks like the SEC is back into the mix. I have two very difficult words to say......Go DAWGS!

Yeah, congrats. Not sure what the problem with our Ducks was yesterday, major disappointment.

donhardeone
11-18-2012, 02:18 PM
@Gator, LOL. I have had to say "Go Gators" more than I would like over the last few years...no matter how much SEC pride you have, it is difficult to root for the other in this rivalry (though admitedly easier with Muschamp at the helm than past coaches).

I was more hopeful of our chances to beat Alabama before they lost to A&M...Saban teams don't often loose multiple games near the end of the season. Regardless, ecstatic that the Dawgs still have a shot at both the SEC and National Championship. They have more talent across the board than most any other team...just a matter of getting all sides of the ball playing the game they are capable of. Regardless though, now that the door is open I just don't see the SEC NOT bringing home another championship this year.

Go SEC, and more importantly, GO DAWGS!!!

donhardeone
11-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Yeah, congrats. Not sure what the problem with our Ducks was yesterday, major disappointment.

Everyone has a down game eventually, unfortunately for Oregan it came against a Stanford team that was more talented than most gave them credit. I'm interested to see the "yards after contact" for Stanfords runningback...it seemed he almost never went down on first contact last night! Regardless, I see Oregan thumping whoever they play in a bowl game now.

Gink
11-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Everyone has a down game eventually, unfortunately for Oregan it came against a Stanford team that was more talented than most gave them credit. I'm interested to see the "yards after contact" for Stanfords runningback...it seemed he almost never went down on first contact last night! Regardless, I see Oregan thumping whoever they play in a bowl game now.

Yeah, Stanford definitely has some talent, on both offense and defense. Watching the game I thought maybe we could eek out the win, but would have a serious contender to face next year. Stanford had the turnovers, but we couldn't capitalize on them. They stopped our running game cold, yet we kept trying to run right through their line. Our freshmen QB kept running out of bounds or throwing the ball away, where their freshmen QB always seemed to turn even the worst situations into at least a little yardage. And they outkicked us through the whole game. Punts, field goals, everywhere.

After winning the Rose Bowl last year, BCS hopes were pretty high around here. Oh well, next week is the "Civil War" against Oregon State, maybe beating on the local rivals will cheer everyone up.

The Gator
11-18-2012, 07:24 PM
@Gator, LOL. I have had to say "Go Gators" more than I would like over the last few years...no matter how much SEC pride you have, it is difficult to root for the other in this rivalry (though admitedly easier with Muschamp at the helm than past coaches).

I was more hopeful of our chances to beat Alabama before they lost to A&M...Saban teams don't often loose multiple games near the end of the season. Regardless, ecstatic that the Dawgs still have a shot at both the SEC and National Championship. They have more talent across the board than most any other team...just a matter of getting all sides of the ball playing the game they are capable of. Regardless though, now that the door is open I just don't see the SEC NOT bringing home another championship this year.

Go SEC, and more importantly, GO DAWGS!!!
Rooting for a rival doesn't roll off the tongue very well does it ;) If the SEC is going to make it to the big game, I would like to see an East team go this year. To be honest, I was kind of looking forward to a Oregon/Kansas State match up. But, I would like to have seen that smug grin wiped off ESPN's Robert Smith face when he realized a SEC team will be going to the championship game.

GO DAWGS!

wow it doesn't get any easier to say that:biggrin1:

mechatool
11-19-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm with you Gator. GO DAWGS! My favorite teams are LSU and whoever is playing Bama. I would like to see Georgia play in the championship game, but if Bama makes it to the dance, I'll be rooting for them.

TrojanTeacher
11-20-2012, 04:48 PM
#FearTheFieldGoal
Ducks need to recruit kickers, not runners.

CB-40
11-20-2012, 07:05 PM
#FearTheFieldGoal

I don't know. Chip doesn't usually have to rely on a lowly kicker so its probably an afterthought for him. Either way I'm a Oregon State fan so I thoroughly enjoyed that game! :D

CB-40
11-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Oh well, next week is the "Civil War" against Oregon State, maybe beating on the local rivals will cheer everyone up.
Hey now! While my expectations are extremely tempered, stranger things have happened. OSU has a history of rising up for big games and being a spoiler (USC a couple of times when they were tops). And since they've overachieved this year anyway .....lol

donhardeone
11-20-2012, 07:29 PM
#FearTheFieldGoal

While a diehard Dawg fan, the second team I root for is Florida State (sorry Gator)...I can tell you all about needing the kicker to be cluitch! Why does it always have to go wide?!?!?!?! lol

The Gator
11-20-2012, 09:29 PM
While a diehard Dawg fan, the second team I root for is Florida State (sorry Gator)...I can tell you all about needing the kicker to be cluitch! Why does it always have to go wide?!?!?!?! lolNOOOOOOOOOOO DON NOOOOOOOOO..........say it ain't so Don...............

donhardeone
11-20-2012, 09:38 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO DON NOOOOOOOOO..........say it ain't so Don...............

Heh...at least we can both agree on how much we dislike Tenn and Miami, right?

The Gator
11-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Heh...at least we can both agree on how much we dislike Tenn and Miami, right?Who.........? I believe we play that university from south Florida next season.

Gink
11-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Hey now! While my expectations are extremely tempered, stranger things have happened. OSU has a history of rising up for big games and being a spoiler (USC a couple of times when they were tops). And since they've overachieved this year anyway .....lol

Sorry CB, didn't expect to find any Beavs fans around here. There's definitely been some tense civil war games, not for a couple years, but anything could happen!

CB-40
11-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Sorry CB, didn't expect to find any Beavs fans around here. There's definitely been some tense civil war games, not for a couple years, but anything could happen!

It's all good, I'm just giving you a hard time. :thumbup::beer:

TrojanTeacher
11-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Field Goal kickers are key to a team. Hell, we see in the SEC that even winning by 3 points is a lot, so being able to get that 3-2 win is key. Two straight years where the Ducks FG kicker has let them down will most likely cause the Ducks to find a FG kicker for next year. Well, from what I'm hearing, Chip Kelly is leaving next year, so I guess it doesn't matter for him anyway.

Gink
11-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Field Goal kickers are key to a team. Hell, we see in the SEC that even winning by 3 points is a lot, so being able to get that 3-2 win is key. Two straight years where the Ducks FG kicker has let them down will most likely cause the Ducks to find a FG kicker for next year. Well, from what I'm hearing, Chip Kelly is leaving next year, so I guess it doesn't matter for him anyway.

Eh. Rumors of him leaving are a pretty regular thing. There was a lot of talk last January that he might be leaving for Tampa, and a fair amount of chatter this season that if Oregon won the national championship he'd be leaving for the NFL.

It's entirely possible he will leave at some point. I know there have been "politics" at the University he hasn't been happy with. But I think he's just as likely to stick around and try to get the team to a championship.

Either way, we need a decent kicker.

The Gator
12-01-2012, 10:37 AM
go DAWGS!!

donhardeone
12-01-2012, 01:12 PM
go DAWGS!!

What he said!

sniperella
12-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Roll Tide!! SEC Champions 2012!!!

donhardeone
12-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah...just make sure your team keeps the SEC National Champion streak alive for us!

mechatool
12-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Roll Tide!! SEC Champions 2012!!!
I hate to say it........But ROLL TIDE!! I'll be rooting for the tide for the title.

The Gator
12-07-2012, 06:57 PM
...just make sure your team keeps the SEC National Champion streak alive for us! What he said! :)

dadafett
12-07-2012, 07:02 PM
go army!!!!

beat navy!!!!

donhardeone
12-07-2012, 07:22 PM
go army!!!!

beat navy!!!!

Crap...I almost liked that post!!!! GO NAVY!!!!!!!

The Gator
12-07-2012, 09:25 PM
go army!!!!

beat navy!!!!
"Stand Navy down the field, sails set to the sky.
We'll never change our course, so Army you steer shy-y-y-y
Roll up the score, Navy, Anchors Aweigh.
Sail Navy down the field and sink the
Army, sink the Army Grey............"

Alfred Hart Miles

​GO NAVY!!!!

donhardeone
02-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Good grief, Florida raked in some recruits this time! The worst part of it is that I think Muschamp will really be able to do a lot with the talent he is bringing in...not liking my teams odds in the Cocktail Parties after this year. :-/

The Gator
02-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Good grief, Florida raked in some recruits this time! The worst part of it is that I think Muschamp will really be able to do a lot with the talent he is bringing in...not liking my teams odds in the Cocktail Parties after this year. :-/Only time will tell. I hope they work out for us because we need the help on offence. I wouldn't worry too much about the Dawgs. They seem to rise to the occasion with their bad ass defense.

donhardeone
09-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Why the heck are we through 4 weeks of college football without anything in this thread?!?! Where's the trash talk guys and gals?!?! Oh the joy of college football Saturdays!

Retro
09-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Alright, Miami vs. Florida = HAHAHAHAHA Suck it Gator fans!

mechatool
09-24-2013, 09:11 AM
LSU and Georgia this weekend. It should be a great matchup. Geaux Tigers!

donhardeone
09-24-2013, 10:34 AM
LSU and Georgia this weekend. It should be a great matchup. Geaux Tigers!
There should be a dislike button on here...Go Dawgs!!! (though I will say, I am a not as optimistic given that you guys are looking great so far this year)

LandShark
09-24-2013, 02:12 PM
If Manziel wasn't such a douche, id post more.

mechatool
09-24-2013, 02:18 PM
There should be a dislike button on here...Go Dawgs!!! (though I will say, I am a not as optimistic given that you guys are looking great so far this year)

LOL! LSU has found the missing link in Cam Cameron, but you know this is the SEC and anything can happen. I think it's going to be a close game.

mechatool
09-24-2013, 02:18 PM

Sorry Double Post.

tweety
09-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Just about root on any SEC team. Except KY, wtf!? I have always had a crush on Florida State.

FeelinKorny
09-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Its Ohio State and Louisville! Only 2 teams to root for.

Badgerute
09-24-2013, 04:50 PM
LOL! LSU has found the missing link in Cam Cameron, but you know this is the SEC and anything can happen. I think it's going to be a close game.

I'm a Pac12 guy living in SEC country and married to a UGA grad. I wish there was a way for both teams to lose.

donhardeone
09-25-2013, 11:09 AM
If Manziel wasn't such a douche, id post more.

Yeah I like everything about A&M right now, other than Manziel. Found myself rooting for Bama for the first time a few weeks back when they played...don't tell Sniperella!

donhardeone
09-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Goooooooooo Dawgs!!!!

mechatool
09-30-2013, 08:43 AM
Goooooooooo Dawgs!!!!

Congratulations to the Dawgs! It came down the the wire. Well one thing is for sure, LSU and Georgia will have no problem putting points on the board and if their defense's improve....the sky the limit.

donhardeone
09-30-2013, 08:55 AM
Mettenberger looked solid all night. Bright future ahead of him I think.

donhardeone
10-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Is anyone else as fed up with the BS targeting rules this year?!?! Good grief! Not trying to take anything away from Vandy in their win today, as they showed up more ready to play than the Dawgs did, but refs are changing games left and right this year in big ways by calling crap targeting fouls. Only thing more infuriating at this point is the mix of bad luck and bad play of my team this year.

mechatool
10-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Is anyone else as fed up with the BS targeting rules this year?!?! Good grief! Not trying to take anything away from Vandy in their win today, as they showed up more ready to play than the Dawgs did, but refs are changing games left and right this year in big ways by calling crap targeting fouls. Only thing more infuriating at this point is the mix of bad luck and bad play of my team this year.

Yeah I don't like the new rule either. To bad Georgia lost so many players this year, I think they had a great shot to win it all.

Gink
11-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Ugh. Just watched our UO Ducks championship hopes smashed by some god awful officiating. We intercept, called off. Stanford strips the ball after the receiver is down, knees, elbows, ball on the ground is called a fumble, they get possession. There were 0 calls against Stanford until the end of the 3rd (23-0) and those were 5 yard calls when they were either 2 yards from TD or kicking a field goal from the 25. We managed to score 20 in the fourth to lose 26-20, but would have won if it'd been called competently. Shame to see a college game turned into a farce like that.

donhardeone
01-01-2014, 04:08 PM
And my team ends the season on a play reminiscent of exactly how our overall season went: shoulda, coulda, but didn't. Dumb defensive play coupled with absolutely horrific special teams play equals a sub-par season that despite the various injuries experienced, we could have been better. Oh well, here's hoping next year is better for my dawgs!

Madlob75
08-28-2014, 04:36 PM
And so the Playoff era begins.

Ullrsdog
08-28-2014, 05:26 PM
And so the Playoff era begins.

I've been wanting this to happen for a while, now let's see how it goes. Hopefully it will let some of the little guys have a chance at the big dance for once.

Retro
08-28-2014, 05:54 PM
I've been wanting this to happen for a while, now let's see how it goes. Hopefully it will let some of the little guys have a chance at the big dance for once.

It's going to be even harder. Strength of schedule now matters. Even if undefeated, teams like Boise St. would have a difficult time getting in as their schedules are generally weak. Add in that the big boys are now actually trying to get tougher teams on their schedule will make ever harder. Those out of conference games will now get filled with team from other major conferences, shutting the door on smaller conference teams.

donhardeone
10-19-2014, 06:06 AM
How have we made it this far into the season with zero trash talk?!?!?!

mechatool
10-22-2014, 10:05 AM
How have we made it this far into the season with zero trash talk?!?!?!

My Tigers (LSU) are not in a position to trash talk!!! They'll be in contention the next couple of seasons. Rooting for Miss State and Old Miss.

Retro
10-23-2014, 05:55 PM
Uh oh, those Notre Dame folk might choke on this.

Last night, the Golden Domer was spotted at Madison Square Garden, taking in a Knicks preseason game with some pretty interesting company: 42-year-old porn star Lisa Ann, who posted a couple pictures of the two together on her Instagram.

http://ca.complex.com/sports/2014/10/a-notre-dame-wide-receiver-is-dating-a-42-year-old-adult-film?utm_campaign=complexmag%2Bsocialflow%2B10%2B2 014&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

FeelinKorny
10-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Uh oh, those Notre Dame folk might choke on this.

http://ca.complex.com/sports/2014/10/a-notre-dame-wide-receiver-is-dating-a-42-year-old-adult-film?utm_campaign=complexmag%2Bsocialflow%2B10%2B2 014&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

That woman looks familiar......

donhardeone
10-24-2014, 07:00 AM
Finally a weekend where I am not worried my Dawgs are going to do something stupid to lose a game they should easily win... thanks goodness for bye weeks!

TrojanTeacher
10-24-2014, 09:56 AM
My Trojans have a hard game against the UTES on Saturday. Their D-Line is a veteran one compared to our O-Line which starts 3 freshman. Granted, those three have done an awesome job, but it's still something to worry about.