PDA

View Full Version : Stupid pre-order question....

STLRampage
10-23-2010, 12:32 AM
So I've never pre-ordered a game before and I went to Gamestop.com to pre-order Black Ops.

I put in my debit card for payment and it gave me a confirmation # and said that I will pay for the game when I pick it up.

Am I guaranteed a copy? Can I go into the store and pay in advance?

Just want to make sure I'm not sitting at home playing MW2 on Nov 9th. #-o

Tembis
10-23-2010, 07:54 AM
Well, not sure about were you live, or if doing it online makes a difference, but when I went an Pre Order mine at the local Game Stop, I spicificly asked that exact question. He said, "YES". So i have been thinking, since I'll be at work on Nov 9th and won't be able to pick it up until 5:30pm, I wanted to make sure I'll get one. What's the point of Pre Ordering the game and not getting a copy. I would be so PISSED if that happens. So, go answer your question, from what I was told it does guarantee you a copy. And I would think that you can pay for it anytime you want.

DayliteMag
10-23-2010, 08:05 AM
Agree with Tembis. Same deal here at Gamestop/EBgames. I go in and put a $5 deposit down on the pre-order and am guaranteed a copy will be held for me. I'm under no obligation to actually buy the game, if I should change my mind and could transfer the $5 to a diff game.

=1LT=Mike
10-23-2010, 10:26 AM
I also pre ordered mine from game stop. I put 5 bucks down and they guaranteed to hold a copy for me for 48 hrs. So Tembis you should be fine at 5:30 on the 9th. I was in gamestop yesterday and I asked if there was anyway they were going to put out a Black Ops console like the MW2 console and he said they should find out in a week or so and that if they did I could transfer my pre order money to that if I wanted. I think they are pretty flexible.

STLRampage
10-23-2010, 10:31 AM
The difference is you guys went in and put money down. I wanted to pay it in full when I pre-ordered online but it told me that I had to pay at time of pickup and if I didn't pick up a $5 fee would be charged. So with no money down I am concerned.

Guess I'll give Gamestop a call.

=1LT=Mike
10-23-2010, 10:37 AM
The difference is you guys went in and put money down. I wanted to pay it in full when I pre-ordered online but it told me that I had to pay at time of pickup and if I didn't pick up a $5 fee would be charged. So with no money down I am concerned.

Guess I'll give Gamestop a call.
I see. That might concern me too. I would def give them a call. I would think if they can charge you 5 dollars for not picking it up that they would have your info though. I wouldn't want to be Black Opless on the 9th. I'm already salivating too much for this game.

murphygoodie
10-23-2010, 05:33 PM
be safe then sorry go by gamestop with ur confirmation code and put 5 dollars down.

STLRampage
10-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Black ops is paid in full! Also found out that my Gamestop is doing a midnight release even though they are in the mall so I'm going to get it then. B-)

murphygoodie
10-24-2010, 06:02 PM
rock on brother :cheers: