PDA

View Full Version : Second Chance Pro

Borlaxx
11-10-2010, 02:48 PM
In a couple of matches I noticed that some teams really seemed to stick together (although I have no idea how they did this, because you never know where you are going to spawn) and they were unstoppable. I'm thinking of a particular match (playing with RA) where I saw three or four guys/gals who really stayed close together. I might kill one, maybe two (I'm being generous with myself here), but then the third or fourth would cut me to ribbons.
I posted the below in the 360 War Stories thread, but thought I would repost here for more discussion for all systems.

I am thinking of suggesting this to the PS3 MPs. Especially if we all run with last stand pro. The regular version has you drop down to the prone position and pull out your pistol instead of dying right away so you have a change to kill your attacker, but then a few seconds later you die anyway. The pro version allows you to be revived by other people running the pro version. If we ran in groups all with Last Stand Pro we would likely be able to survive the attack more often (the other people could take out the attacker as we fall into last stand) and then we could just revive the person who fell, thus denying the other team many kills a match. It was a tactic we used back on W@W for the Wii (had the same perk) with a good amount of success just lone wolfing it. It would work really well if we stick together as a group. If someone dies, we could all hold up and camp until the person makes there way back to the group from the spawn.
What do you all think? I believe it would work really well on killing based modes like TDM. I am already working on unlocking the pro version, but it takes some time (have to get so many kills in last stand, have to kill your attacker so many times, have to get headshots while in last stand).

dinsdale1978
11-10-2010, 03:03 PM
What perk number is it? I wonder what other perk I would have to leave out?

I shall check tonight.

Jackie R
11-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Sounds like a great strategy. I'll make it a point to select this as a perk when I am able. It may take me a while to get pro though as you mentioned. http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/grin.gif

RATA MUERTA
11-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Isn't the Pro version that you can use equipment?? I am running the Second Chance perk a lot and I see revive signs all the time. Unfortunately I haven't gotten to someone in time to save them but I would imagine that if they are showing the revive sign it mean that I can. In short you shouldn't need to get the pro version to revive people, just unlock and use it.

Borlaxx
11-11-2010, 07:29 AM
Isn't the Pro version that you can use equipment?? I am running the Second Chance perk a lot and I see revive signs all the time. Unfortunately I haven't gotten to someone in time to save them but I would imagine that if they are showing the revive sign it mean that I can. In short you shouldn't need to get the pro version to revive people, just unlock and use it.
The pro version allows you to be healed. I unlocked it last night. If you only have the regular version you can heal someone who has the pro version, but you cannot be healed yourself until you unlock the pro version. The pro version does not allow you to use equipment. That was only in MW2. I would rather be able to be healed anyway.

DayliteMag
11-11-2010, 07:48 AM
I think this sounds like a very interesting strategy. The only problem I can see with it is being disciplined enough to stick together. Because I am still unfamiliar with the Maps most of the time I find myself pretty disoriented and mainly looking to the mini-map to try to locate enemy positions. On the 360 side we have tried staying together (a bit) and I would way we haven't been overly successful at it. Part of the problem is that you never know where you are going to spawn and then it is a challenge just to find your MP peeps. Nonetheless, sounds like a great strat; I can hear the 12 year old curses, already.

Psalm
11-11-2010, 08:40 AM
I was running it last night...and got revived numerous times....do you get XP for reviving someone?

Borlaxx
11-11-2010, 08:44 AM
I think so. I know I completed some medic challenge the first time I revived you.

RATA MUERTA
11-11-2010, 09:40 AM
I think so. I know I completed some medic challenge the first time I revived you.
Yeah that must be it, I unlocked the pro last night and shortly after revived someone!! Awesome!!

Retro
11-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Man you don't even need the paddles, you just use your magical powers to fix the bullet holes???? :-"

Psalm
11-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Man you don't even need the paddles, you just use your magical powers to fix the bullet holes???? :-"
I wondered if it was like W@W were you pull out the magic morphine syringe and jam it into the revivee?

dinsdale1978
11-11-2010, 11:46 AM
I wondered if it was like W@W were you pull out the magic morphine syringe and jam it into the revivee?

From what I have seen that is the same formula.

Borlaxx
11-11-2010, 12:31 PM
No, not paddles. I needle full of morphine!

Sometimes I get bored and just camp in a corner and shoot up. @-)

Hugh_Heff
11-14-2010, 02:31 AM
This sounds like a great strategy, I'm game, I miss the working together, like in BFBC2

RATA MUERTA
11-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Did anyone notice that they did away with that bar filling up while you are reviving? You basically just walk up hit X and you're done!!! Less getting killed while reviving= Super WIN!!

Hugh_Heff
11-16-2010, 09:10 AM
Last night I revived a fellow MP and the bar popped up and I had to hold square for few seconds (it was fast but none less still had to wait), plus I unlocked last stand pro last night hells yeah!!!!

=1LT=Mike
11-16-2010, 09:53 AM
I've been running second chance pro for a while. It has helped my KDR some because I have been healed numerous times. The animation is pretty cool. Who ever heals you pulls out a syringe and gives you an injection. Also you hear the person saying something like "I've got you" or "lets go" as they are reviving you. If you are playing as the non English speaking characters you hear them talking in their language which is pretty cool.

=1LT=Mike
11-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Did anyone notice that they did away with that bar filling up while you are reviving? You basically just walk up hit X and you're done!!! Less getting killed while reviving= Super WIN!! I really try to defend who ever is reviving me with my pistol. There have been a couple times when I have gotten a kill while being revived. Pretty sweet.

Psalm
11-16-2010, 10:24 AM
I like it but found that in very heated battles its a waste. We were playing with Hershel last night and he had it on...but, man everytime he was down it was only for a few seconds and he was shot again... I have found that unlike mW2. You flop for a second or so before you are able to shoot...allowing crucial time to be shot again.

RATA MUERTA
11-16-2010, 10:51 AM
I like it but found that in very heated battles its a waste. We were playing with Hershel last night and he had it on...but, man everytime he was down it was only for a few seconds and he was shot again... I have found that unlike mW2. You flop for a second or so before you are able to shoot...allowing crucial time to be shot again.
Yes definitely map specific! I have been revived numerous times, even once on a 6 killstreak #:-s . But on maps like Nuketown it is probably not going to help as much as say, Hacker.

Borlaxx
11-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Yes definitely map specific! I have been revived numerous times, even once on a 6 killstreak #:-s . But on maps like Nuketown it is probably not going to help as much as say, Hacker.
Yup, I bought hacker for times when no one else is using this perk. The rest of the tier 3 perks = *meh*

Psalm
11-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I just unlocked hacker pro last night...but haven't purchased it yet....woot!

Psalm
11-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Exactly it seems like hacker and last stand are the only two I use.

dinsdale1978
11-16-2010, 01:15 PM

Best set up for perks on Nuketown is Flak Jacket/Hardented Pro/Hacker Pro

Taking shots from random nades and little platic cars makes it tough, flinching when shot makes SMG gunning hard, and not seeing nancy Claymores gets annoying. Run those with either a Famas suppressed or 74U/MPL with grip and you will mow everyone down.

If you are lucky enough to get Tactical Mask Pro and Warlord Pro, you can rock some Nova gas and just mow them all down.

sholomo
11-16-2010, 01:55 PM
It would be fun to run as a group with this. I saw a group using it to great effect on hardcore S&D since you only get one life, they were wrecking. And the xp from hardcore is waaaay better.

dinsdale1978
11-16-2010, 03:24 PM
It would be fun to run as a group with this. I saw a group using it to great effect on hardcore S&D since you only get one life, they were wrecking. And the xp from hardcore is waaaay better.

Hmm I could see one person sniffing out bombs and equipment with Hacker and a medic class waiting to come and heal using Flak and SC pro.

Borlaxx
11-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Change the title of this thread to be the correct name for the perk :blush:

RATA MUERTA
11-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Lol thanks it was bothering me. ;)

Oh yeah another thing I saw today. I was running second chance during a match and switched to a class with Hacker pro but I would still see revive signs from other players. Couldn't get there in time to see if it would let me revive them. Is there something I missed about reviving or was this some sort of glitch?

Borlaxx
11-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Probably a glitch, but likely either a random one that can't be reproduced or one that you just found, as if it was known and able to be reproduced that easily I am sure it would be all over the net by now.

Retro
11-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Lol thanks it was bothering me. ;)

Oh yeah another thing I saw today. I was running second chance during a match and switched to a class with Hacker pro but I would still see revive signs from other players. Couldn't get there in time to see if it would let me revive them. Is there something I missed about reviving or was this some sort of glitch?
You mean you are not suppose to see the "revive" sign unless you run second chance??? If that's true then there is a problem because I see revive all the time and I never run second chance.

Borlaxx
11-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Gawd, my memory must be shot from years of "hobbies" because I completely forgot that Psalm posted a list of the perks earlier and apparently as long as you have second chance pro on anyone can revive you regardless of if they are running second chance or not.

RATA MUERTA
11-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Gawd, my memory must be shot from years of "hobbies" because I completely forgot that Psalm posted a list of the perks earlier and apparently as long as you have second chance pro on anyone can revive you regardless of if they are running second chance or not.
That was what I was thinking happened and I just didn't know about it. I run second chance most of the time so I always see revive and only this time I knew I didn't have it on and was surprised! Cool improvement to last stand!!

iheartpain
11-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Actually, if ANYONE is running with Second Chance Pro, you will be able to see and be able to revive them. Not like in WAW where you had to have it as well. :)