PDA

View Full Version : Zombie survival guide...

STLRampage
11-11-2010, 09:02 PM
http://www.strengthgamer.com/Black_Ops_Zombie_Guide.html

Tembis
11-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the link Rampage!!! Will definetly check it out. I havn't even tried the Zombie mode yet...yikes

Borlaxx
11-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Zombies = so much fun!!!!!!!

Law
11-13-2010, 02:32 PM
I can't get passed lvl 5

johnboy
11-13-2010, 04:00 PM
I can't get passed lvl 5

On your own or with a team?

=T4NUKI=
11-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Is it me or that particular level is the exact replica of "Timesplitter"'s mansion level ??!!!
Am I the only one to have noticed ?!

Tembis
11-13-2010, 04:22 PM
I tried the zombie mode last night and would much rather have Spec-Op misions!!!! Didn't find it all that fun personaly. I do like the arcade zombie game though, that is really fun. Little disappointed with Zombie mode after all the hype. Just my opinion.

Hugh_Heff
11-14-2010, 02:19 AM
I tried the zombie mode last night and would much rather have Spec-Op misions!!!! Didn't find it all that fun personaly. I do like the arcade zombie game though, that is really fun. Little disappointed with Zombie mode after all the hype. Just my opinion.

I would agree that the Spec ops were fun, but this zombie modes is very much improved from WAW

Law
11-14-2010, 09:10 AM
I can't get passed lvl 5

On your own or with a team?

On my own

johnboy
11-14-2010, 09:20 AM
That's ok I suppose, the dogs come in round 6. I haven't made it past 5 on my own either. Then again, I stopped playing zombies on my own on Wed.

Borlaxx
11-15-2010, 09:35 AM

I would agree that the Spec ops were fun, but this zombie modes is very much improved from WAW
Special Ops were cool to play once, but I never played them a second time. I will play zombies many more times. I know it is the same thing each round, but I find it to be hilarious and chaotic. Also, the combat training offline mode is basically a co-op mode, too. My best friend Paul and I played it split screen for hours Saturday night. I wish my KDR in online play was as good. :))

xMisFitToyx
11-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Bump

johnboy
11-19-2010, 03:05 PM
One of the first things to buy if you are playing solo is 'quick revive'. This is only 500 points (only while solo) and lets you revive yourself. While you are reviving yourself you will get 'mustang and sally' which is the PaP'd (pack a punched) version of the M1911. This fires explosive rounds to help you out while downed and the zombies will also move away from you while down. I would always but quick revive before either of the guns. (As far as I know, quick revive was not available until this week on solo on the Wii).

dustin
12-10-2010, 08:53 AM
just wait until you get to level 7 or 8 theres a big suprise and its not dogs

Borlaxx
12-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Really? Are you taking about the Pentagon map? I know what the surprise is on that map. I don't remember anything special on the movie theater map.

dustin
12-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Really? Are you taking about the Pentagon map? I know what the surprise is on that map. I don't remember anything special on the movie theater map.
its the one where your in the house [spoiler:34pwo56m]theres a bunch of huge monsters that shoot electric bolts and stuff at you its almost impossible[/spoiler:34pwo56m]

Borlaxx
12-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Huh? Are you talking about the first W@W map? If so, I have got past that stage many times and have never seen that. In fact, I have never seen that on any map. Maybe you have to turn on the power first?

dustin
12-10-2010, 02:05 PM
man to tell you the truth i was playing in a party and im not real sure what level it was but it definately was before we turned the power on it was shortly after the dogs came out

sam007
12-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Always leave yourself outs! Avoid running into corners with no way out.

Juke the zombies and RUN!!!

Pick your spots to gun down the zombies, when they are lined up, you'll get multiply points cause the bullets go though many.

hahaha

dustin
12-15-2010, 11:11 AM
yeah one time i got like five zombie headshots with one shot....GOTTA LOVE IT!

Spike Forehand
01-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Thanks again to BeansTwoNiner for giving me a personal Zombie training class.

Yesterday I made it to level 17 on solo - very cool. The strategy he taught me that I also use on solo is pretty much the same one that spiderbite of nextgentactics has in this video - the looping strategy using the rooms on the right side of the theater.

[yt:3tu0mbf9]XXvEVVWIiXg[/yt:3tu0mbf9]

Couple things I have found out about solo on Kino der Toten:

- Quick Revive is a must have at all times for when you screw up. However, you are limited to getting it three times. If you do use it, make sure to remember to get it again as soon as possible.

- Always remember when buying a new weapon to switch to your weaker weapon when you do it. I have forgotten this a million times and end up carrying my pistol way to long.

- I start almost every level after 6-7 by turning on the teleporter, killing the last zombie, and then waiting to teleport into the projection room until the new zombies are almost on me. Then I throw grenades down on them while they gather in the theater below - don't forget to buy more grenades after throwing 4. This not only thins the hoard considerably, but it creates a few crawlers that are essential to getting everything set before you go to the next round. One thing I have found here that's important is to not board up the windows in the theater, as you want the zombies to get in the theater quickly so that when you toss grenades on them there are plenty there. If the windows are boarded up, you will not kill or injure as many of them during your 30 secs in the projection room.

- If the level is dogs, I will usually squat in the front left part of the theater (as you face the stage) - squatted down with my back in a the corner. Once you get all the dogs, then you are in the right spot to do the teleporting thing again.

- Of course, buy juggernog and speed cola as soon as you can - they are essential.

- One thing Beans taught me by yelling at me over and over is to always walk. You want to keep the zombies behind you as you do your big loops. If you start running, you will eventually get trapped.

Good luck and happy zombie hunting.