PDA

View Full Version : Prestige?

Psalm
11-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Anyone going to sit at 50 for awhile. I know Murphy is up in the high 30's already and I am almost at 31. I say I am going to sit at 50 for a bit everytime. But, pull the trigger immediately. I guess I hate wasting XP....lol
With 15 Prestiges this time...it will take forever.

Borlaxx
11-12-2010, 12:21 PM
I will probably do it at least once, but there is no way I will have the time to get to the top level of the top prestige unless I play this game until my 5 year old son is in college.

johnboy
11-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Er, I'm not even past 20 yet. I seem to be spending most of my time on zombies.

RATA MUERTA
11-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Prestige for me please!! I may sit at a prestige for a little but never the first one!!

Bowser
11-12-2010, 02:39 PM
when i get there i will most definetly prestige

Jackie R
11-12-2010, 02:44 PM
I have never known prestige. Would like to try it at least once. http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Law
11-13-2010, 06:54 AM
I think I'll need to prestige...I didn't with MW R, but now we can open more slots...There are too many weapons/load-outs to choose from..I'm pretty sure at least three more slots should be enough, though.

LandShark
11-13-2010, 09:38 AM
i want all those slots open.

=T4NUKI=
11-13-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm going for the sky ! No way I'll sit and play as a level 50...

Law
11-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Well I just hit lvl 49, but now I won't be able play for about 8 days, so prestige will have to wait a little longer :(

Borlaxx
11-18-2010, 09:13 AM
I am going to prestige as many times as I can. I want the extra custom class slots!

RATA MUERTA
11-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Damn ACB for being such an awesome game.......must look away.....at level 47...... must reach 50 and prestige!

johnboy
11-18-2010, 09:30 AM
I don't think I'll get to prestige for at least another week or two if I keep playing as little as I have.

=1LT=Mike
11-18-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm going to prestige. I am at 41 now so getting close. You guys did notice the gun camo that doesn't unlock until level 14 prestige right? Golden guns baby. Running around pimp style.

Borlaxx
11-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Does anyone know if your COD cash resets when you prestige?

johnboy
11-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Yes it does.

=1LT=Mike
11-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Everything except your emblem resets. You get to keep that.

Jackie R
11-18-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm not sure that I'll ever prestige. I'm only at level 13 now and have been going with the same custom setup since day 1 (just changing up the rifles a little bit). Once I get to level 50, I think I'll just start trying new load outs and strategies. That should keep me entertained until November 8th, 2011 (or whenever the next COD is slated to release). http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

RC-1136
11-18-2010, 02:13 PM
I don't want to prestige because I'm not a huge fan of the COD point system, but I hate wasting XP and not leveling up so I most likely will prestige. On the other hand maybe I'll only buy what worked for me the 2nd time around. Let's put it this way. I am going to prestige I'm just not looking forward to buying everything back.

dinsdale1978
11-18-2010, 02:24 PM
I think I will only prestige until I unlock a few more slots for custom classes. I hate trying to rearm between games. Plus I want to find a rank emblem that seems nice.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101117092302/callofduty/images/3/3d/Black_ops_prestige_emblems.jpg

I think number 4 is too epic to go any further.

Borlaxx
11-18-2010, 02:28 PM
The new prestige medals look sweet!

insin
11-18-2010, 04:07 PM
I really don't fancy having to earn my Pro Perks all over again, so no prestiging for me. Bye-bye CTF! *waves Marathon Pro about*

RC-1136
11-18-2010, 04:09 PM
They do look nice. #12 reminds me I have to go and use the bathroom now.

iheartpain
12-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Wow. Didn't realize I was playing with some 11th prestige guys the other day. That is a lot of freaking game time already!!

johnboy
12-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Wow. Didn't realize I was playing with some 11th prestige guys the other day. That is a lot of freaking game time already!!

Nah, ours are in a different order. That is 4th prestige for us. Check out this link (http://teammp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1940&start=80) for our prestige icon order.

Squignoley
12-14-2010, 06:35 PM
On MW2 I got all the way up, 10-70. This time I'm doing it ONCE and that's enough. Don't see the point spending my whole time working for stuff I've already had. I'll just stick on one and see if I can get all the challenges.

xMisFitToyx
12-14-2010, 08:22 PM
On MW2 I got all the way up, 10-70. This time I'm doing it ONCE and that's enough. Don't see the point spending my whole time working for stuff I've already had. I'll just stick on one and see if I can get all the challenges.

If you don't prestige, you won't be able to unlock the prestige lobbies for prestige game modes.

Squignoley
12-16-2010, 11:51 PM
Are the prestige game modes anything different? Or are they the same modes with just prestige people playing them?

RATA MUERTA
12-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Same modes, better players.

TonkaToys
12-17-2010, 12:40 PM

... better players... ? I have enough trouble hitting the rubbish players! :((

RATA MUERTA
12-17-2010, 01:42 PM

... better players... ? I have enough trouble hitting the rubbish players! :((
Well I only say "better" because all the players must have prestiged to play, personally I will take the noobs when I can!

Psalm
12-17-2010, 03:51 PM
I don't see the point of playing the prestige modes....seems silly

xMisFitToyx
12-17-2010, 05:04 PM
I don't see the point of playing the prestige modes....seems silly

OK.....It's official.........no one prestige anymore......thats just silly........ =))

BTW....Doesn't the word "Silly" sound silly......... :))

=T4NUKI=
12-20-2010, 12:01 PM
As silly as it sounds, sounds silly, silly !

johnboy
12-29-2010, 06:53 AM
I was reading somewhere that a good way to prestige is to go into a wager match, make sure you have enough cash for a high roller match then enter the lobby, before the game starts you prestige, if you lose the match and come out with nothing then you have lost nothing as you wouldn't have it once you had prestiged but if you come top you will have earned some much needed cash. I don't know if it's possible but it may be worth trying at least once. Maybe if someone on each console trys it and lets us know if it's possible?

Psalm
12-29-2010, 08:52 AM
I was reading somewhere that a good way to prestige is to go into a wager match, make sure you have enough cash for a high roller match then enter the lobby, before the game starts you prestige, if you lose the match and come out with nothing then you have lost nothing as you wouldn't have it once you had prestiged but if you come top you will have earned some much needed cash. I don't know if it's possible but it may be worth trying at least once. Maybe if someone on each console trys it and lets us know if it's possible?
That is really interesting...imagine starting a prestige with 30k in your pocket.

RATA MUERTA
12-30-2010, 12:17 AM
Ok so I tried this tonight, and it doesn't work. Before the game loads it will kick you out saying you don't have enough money to play. I let my brother play because he plays wager matches all the time and does pretty well. We played one match of sticks and stones and he got 1st place! 30,000 !! We stayed in the lobby and prestiged (flushing all our winnings on front of the losers lol :devil: ) and then got kicked out for insufficient funds FAIL! I bet this worked before and they may have patched it in an update.

Psalm
12-30-2010, 08:53 AM
There is a youtube video of someone doing it....you have to wait till the map is locked in to prestige.

Borlaxx
12-30-2010, 08:56 AM
I prestiged for the first time last night. Not sure if I will again or not. Game seemed to be running better, then it froze on me again at the map loading screen. Decided to call it a night.

RATA MUERTA
12-30-2010, 10:21 AM
There is a youtube video of someone doing it....you have to wait till the map is locked in to prestige.
Ah ok I had a feeling waiting until right before the game started would make a difference, oh well next time. The best part of this game is that it seems to not take so long to get to 50. Can't wait till I have cod$ to blow again. :devil:

johnboy
12-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Ah ok I had a feeling waiting until right before the game started would make a difference, oh well next time. The best part of this game is that it seems to not take so long to get to 50.
That may be so for some, but with all the shitty connections and bad games I've had, it took 7 weeks for me to prestige for the first time, I'm now already nearly @ lvl 30 and on my way to 2nd. I played a few hours the other day and another couple last night!!!!!

Jackie R
12-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Ah ok I had a feeling waiting until right before the game started would make a difference, oh well next time. The best part of this game is that it seems to not take so long to get to 50.
That may be so for some, but with all the shitty connections and bad games I've had, it took 7 weeks for me to prestige for the first time, I'm now already nearly @ lvl 30 and on my way to 2nd. I played a few hours the other day and another couple last night!!!!!
Sounds pretty good to me. I still have not prestiged yet. So, is it because I don't play enough or because I just plain suck? :-??

TonkaToys
12-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Sounds pretty good to me. I still have not prestiged yet. So, is it because I don't play enough or because I just plain suck? :-??

Ditto for me - but then I do suck so there! L-)

Jaybird
01-04-2011, 10:57 AM

Thanks for the tip Johnboy. Did this last night and finished 3rd in a sharpshooter match. Started new prestige level 1 w/10k.

RC-1136
01-04-2011, 01:23 PM
This sounds like a good idea. I am about the prestige for a 2nd time. My 1st prestige took forever. This time around it has been much quicker.

LandShark
01-05-2011, 02:24 PM
where do i find the badge that is on the combat record page when you are second prestige. its why im not prestiging, yet

Jackie R
01-05-2011, 03:13 PM
where do i find the badge that is on the combat record page when you are second prestige. its why im not prestiging, yet

Here you go:
http://happyboredom.com/files/Black_ops_prestige_emblems.jpg

I think that's what you're looking for. ;)

xMisFitToyx
01-05-2011, 04:59 PM

Here you go:

These are not for the Wii.....The Wii has different ones......

I think Landshark is looking for the Shark Icon

johnboy
01-05-2011, 05:02 PM

Here you go:

I think the Wii icons are being patched, or will be in the next update. We have the same icons just in a different order.

LandShark
01-05-2011, 05:30 PM
the shark one isnt there, its not the prestige badge, but on my rank. the shark one

xMisFitToyx
01-05-2011, 05:31 PM
I think the Wii icons are being patched, or will be in the next update. We have the same icons just in a different order.

In game @ prestige level 2.....A Shark Icon is what shows on the screen......really cool looking......I'll find a link and post it.

[yt:2659apln]Owky_5i5gM8[/yt:2659apln]

LandShark
01-05-2011, 05:36 PM
thats it!

Jackie R
01-05-2011, 06:04 PM

Oops...my bad Landshark.

Sorry about that. #-o

Squignoley
01-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Well, I retract my previous statement about not prestiging any more. I got bored, or the "itch", or whatever it was and I had to keep going. On my 4th now, I guess I'll keep going until I'm done, or the next game comes out. I'm doomed to never enjoy my pro perks it seems. :((

RATA MUERTA
01-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Went into the High Roller wager match with my brother at the controls in Sticks and Stones. We had prestiged and he got 1st place!!!!!!!! Since there were only 5 left we came out with 25,000 not a bad way to start the 5th prestige! It was so nice to buy all the perks and equipment right away!

johnboy
01-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Went into the High Roller wager match with my brother at the controls in Sticks and Stones. We had prestiged and he got 1st place!!!!!!!! Since there were only 5 left we came out with 25,000 not a bad way to start the 5th prestige! It was so nice to buy all the perks and equipment right away!

So it works then! If I ever get back on MP on this stupid game and get the chance to prestige I'll give it a go. I wish you could level up/prestige on zombies.

Chalupito
05-25-2011, 10:30 AM
I just did it for the first time....bad plan. I'm not that good, and it has taken me three weeks with a double XP weekend to get back up to lvl 30. I think I wan to try and actually enjoy the pro perks once I finally get them back. Prestige = not for me.

Law
06-22-2011, 03:18 PM
I just did it for the first time....bad plan. I'm not that good, and it has taken me three weeks with a double XP weekend to get back up to lvl 30. I think I wan to try and actually enjoy the pro perks once I finally get them back. Prestige = not for me.

Here's how i see it: If you haven't Prestiged from the beginning, there really isn't a reason to do it.. However, you will want to open up all Custom Slots. I believe you need to prestige once or twice to get all 10 opened up.

I did it for the personal challenge and burden of 15 times, which I have just recently completed.. now I can focus on Pro Perks and obscure gun challenges to keep me interested... good luck to you.

johnboy
06-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Nearly 8 months in and I'm still only on 3rd prestige. I think I'll give up on prestiging any more. Although playing only on a Friday night l drinking means that I probably will do again. I also think I'm only just over half way through it. I really need to play with MPs and others on my friend list instead of just ramdoms, but its hard when there's hardly ever anyone on when I do play.

xMisFitToyx
06-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Nearly 8 months in and I'm still only on 3rd prestige. I think I'll give up on prestiging any more. Although playing only on a Friday night l drinking means that I probably will do again. I also think I'm only just over half way through it. I really need to play with MPs and others on my friend list instead of just ramdoms, but its hard when there's hardly ever anyone on when I do play.

There are always plenty of MP's on the PS3......Come to the Dark Side (Start tucking a little away every week and before you know it you will have enough for a PS3) I will even play ZOMBIES with you..... :hug: :D

johnboy
06-22-2011, 03:42 PM
The amount of spare cash I have to put away each week, if I start saving now I may have enough to buy the next ps console in about 3 or 4 years. My main priority at the moment is still buying a car.

xMisFitToyx
06-22-2011, 03:49 PM
The amount of spare cash I have to put away each week, if I start saving now I may have enough to buy the next ps console in about 3 or 4 years. My main priority at the moment is still buying a car.

I understand.....I would really just like to have you on the PS3......I always enjoyed gaming and skyping with you on the Wii...it's just unfortunate that we always (as of late) seemed to have connection issues (VERY FRUSTRATING)....one of the reasons I went to the PS3.