PDA

View Full Version : Invite System Strats

DayliteMag
11-15-2010, 02:44 PM
Hey All, it seems like we have all been experiencing various levels of frustration with the invite system in BlOps. Seems to me like this is an important topic for a Clan that wants to game together as much as possible. I would be interested in hearing tips/tricks on how to successfully use the invite system. Here are some things that I have noticed:

1. Once you get together in the same team it seems like you stay together pretty well.
2. I have had very little luck joining on friends who are already in a match. The system tells me that they are "joinable", but when I click on join it tells me the server is full.
3. I get messages that I don't really understand, like "the game lobby is no longer active".
4. Sometimes you have to send the same person and "invite" multiple times before they actually get the invitation.

Anybody out there have any helpful suggestions?

Hugh_Heff
11-16-2010, 09:15 AM
I would suggest who ever is the lobby host, once everyone is in the lobby you invited, make a mental note of who is there and keep an eye on it. Because 75% of the time when you either finish or start a match you will lose someone via disconnect and when this happens usually the only way that person will be able to join is through invite. Because you will get the annoying server is full and/or the lobby no longer is available. So lobby host just keep an eye on it and if someone drops shoot them an invite. Thanks

snowman
11-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Ra, myself and my friends have found that if you invite everyone into party chat it makes it easier to send invites to everyone and you can communicate when you get booted. It has worked out well plus you don't have to mute all of your annoying random teammates. However you can't talk to your random teammates so it's not advised if you like to strategize with those randoms. I don't like to talk to them. Usually the randoms are annoying or don't say anything useful for the entire match.

Borlaxx
11-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Ra, myself and my friends have found that if you invite everyone into party chat it makes it easier to send invites to everyone and you can communicate when you get booted. It has worked out well plus you don't have to mute all of your annoying random teammates. However you can't talk to your random teammates so it's not advised if you like to strategize with those randoms. I don't like to talk to them. Usually the randoms are annoying or don't say anything useful for the entire match.
Never once in my many hours of playing COD games on the PS3 have I ever heard a random say anything other than talking shit, singing really badly, or speaking in a language I cannot understand.

RATA MUERTA
11-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Yes I have had the worst time staying in a party together. I am sure there will be some improvement to this in the future, in the meantime I just try to join up with anyone whose match has a spot open. It is easier this way and less time spent out of the game for me, plus it is fun to be on the opposing team sometimes and give them some hell sometimes!!!

I have also had something weird happen to me, it has only happened once so far but it had me totally baffled! I was playing split-screen with my brother and we were with some MPs. We had just gone into a jungle match and when I spawned my controls were inverted!!?? Also my MP tag was gone for the whole match and only reappeared after that match was over and I went back to the main lobby. went to type it in again and voila it was already there!!?? I am thinking it had something to do with the two of us playing at the same time, but I can't be sure. Has anyone else experienced something remotely similar?

As for randoms, 90% of the time they are annoying. The only place I have encountered some really cool randoms is playing W@W Zombies, they communicate and help each other out (most of the time, no it's not perfect though). I even played a game with a couple of 12 year olds who didn't sing and weren't annoying the whole time, refreshing!!

Borlaxx
11-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Yes, except for those times you get the assholes taking all the kills and then yelling at you when you kill one that they said was their kill.

RATA MUERTA
11-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Yes, except for those times you get the assholes taking all the kills and then yelling at you when you kill one that they said was their kill.
Maybe on the PS3.......LMAO :hug: No No we get those too. But really, I have had the best luck (perhaps it is only luck) finding competent people, who are random, to play zombies with. Of course no team would be complete with out that one idiot who keeps running far away from the team and getting downed, now THAT is annoying! :))

snowman
11-16-2010, 11:42 AM
I think it was a post on the forum about a problem they were going to fix with an update. All they said was something like "under a specific set of circumstances your stats, rank, and all that could be completely erased." Really! So what should we do to avoid such a thing?

I agree Ra, I have come across the really random 12 yr old who is not completely annoying but then one of my friends will say something just to stoke the fire and here we go again. It's funny sometimes but when the other guys are being cool there's no need to attack them and get them riled up.

johnboy
11-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Maybe on the PS3.......LMAO :hug: No No we get those too. But really, I have had the best luck (perhaps it is only luck) finding competent people, who are random, to play zombies with. Of course no team would be complete with out that one idiot who keeps running far away from the team and getting downed, now THAT is annoying! :))

That's going to be a problem on all three consoles now. I had a good game last night apart from one of the randoms who was downed 7 times and only had 40 something kills. BY ROUND 10! Thats nearly a down every round and a half :( I got downed when one of the idiots turned on the electric fence when I was coming through it. Now if I had a headset I would have told him not to until I was through. Or he could have said he was switching it on.

RATA MUERTA
11-16-2010, 11:49 AM
I agree Ra, I have come across the really random 12 yr old who is not completely annoying but then one of my friends will say something just to stoke the fire and here we go again. It's funny sometimes but when the other guys are being cool there's no need to attack them and get them riled up.

LOL Do you mean John or Tekoa, they definitely stir the pot but it's usually FUNNY!!! =)) BTW Do they qualify to be MPs, only if they are interested.

@JB Just leave the idiots who do that to wait to respawn every round, that is what I do. I am not risking my weapons and perks on their stupid arses!!

snowman
11-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Do you mean John or Tekoa, they definitely stir the pot but it's usually FUNNY!!! =)) BTW Do they qualify to be MPs, only if they are interested.

Actually John and SoulBurn (Chris) qualify but neither of them wanted to join a clan since they play with hometown friends. They didn't play with any "random" people until I came along and started inviting you.

Since every one and their brother is playing BO I have plenty of MP's I could play with but once again since every one is on BO every night I don't get the chance to play with any. Although now that I want to play S&D again I'm gonna get to play with some MP's. Lunchbox is down and Chubby will play, so the rest of the team will get to be MP's (if the S&D players are all on at the same time).

iheartpain
12-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Never once in my many hours of playing COD games on the PS3 have I ever heard a random say anything other than talking ****, singing really badly, or speaking in a language I cannot understand.

...so....normal conversation for you then ;) :-" ;;) :hug:

dinsdale1978
12-01-2010, 08:04 PM

Wait, do I do that? lol

I hear far less immature talk and insults this time around. I think it is because most little kids can't afford the headsets for PS3.

theczech99
12-02-2010, 08:53 AM

Wait, do I do that? lol

I hear far less immature talk and insults this time around. I think it is because most little kids can't afford the headsets for PS3.
No, it's because Santa has not delivered their copies of BO to them yet.

wilmh
12-02-2010, 11:58 AM
I have to rant....

Last night...my last game of the night. I'm playing TDM on Radiation. I toss down my Care Package marker behind the green building in C2 and about two seconds later another guy does the same RIGHT ON TOP OF MINE. Now I know that my package will drop first, then his (which will probably fall on me and kill me as I'm getting my care package) so I wait until they both fell before going for mine......only his package landed on top of mine, bounced against the fence, and then killed me....but not immediately because I was able to use Hardline Pro to change it from an ammo drop to a Napalm run first before dying. :cuss: :cuss: I respawn near by, run over and just as I get there the guy steals my Napalm run so I go for his Sentry gun and just before I've taken it, he then takes it too...then proceeds to laugh on the mic and brag to his buddy (they were on split screen) that he just stole my care package just before he wasted the Napalm run. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

I was pissed as the match was near the end and it was a close game. About 30 seconds later we ended up loosing 7500 to 7400 and this douchebag finished 3-18. I didn't do that great but still finished as the second highest on my team with a 14-7.

KornHoled
12-02-2010, 12:02 PM
I have to rant....

Last night...my last game of the night. I'm playing TDM on Radiation. I toss down my Care Package marker and about two seconds later another guy does the same RIGHT ON TOP OF MINE. Now I know that my package will drop first, then his (which will probably fall on me and kill me as I'm getting my care package) so I wait until they both fell before going for mine......only his package landed on top of mine, bounced against the fence, and then killed me....but not immediately because I was able to use Hardline Pro to change it from an ammo drop to a Napalm run first before dying. :cuss: :cuss: I respawn near by, run over and just as I get there the guy steals my Napalm run so I go for his Sentry gun and just before I've taken it, he then takes it too...then proceeds to laugh on the mic and brag to his buddy (they were on split screen) that he just stole my care package just before he wasted the Napalm run. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

I was pissed as the match was near the end and it was a close game. About 30 seconds later we ended up loosing 7500 to 7400 and this douchebag finished 3-18. I didn't do that great but still finished as the second highest on my team with a 14-7.

Thats really bogus! I would have been pretty ticked off, did you say anything to him - I would of been struggling to bite my tongue, that was a douschebaggery of a thing for him to do!

wilmh
12-02-2010, 12:06 PM
As he was bragging, I grabbed my mic (it was off), turned it on and quietly (so I didn't wake my son) called the guy a "care package stealing bitch" and that it was "f-ed up that not only do you kill a teammate but then steal his care package when we're loosing and he's 3-15".

At that moment I wished friendly fire was on and i would have followed him around killing him until he left the lobby.

theczech99
12-02-2010, 12:11 PM
I have to rant....

Last night...my last game of the night. I'm playing TDM on Radiation. I toss down my Care Package marker behind the green building in C2 and about two seconds later another guy does the same RIGHT ON TOP OF MINE. Now I know that my package will drop first, then his (which will probably fall on me and kill me as I'm getting my care package) so I wait until they both fell before going for mine......only his package landed on top of mine, bounced against the fence, and then killed me....but not immediately because I was able to use Hardline Pro to change it from an ammo drop to a Napalm run first before dying. :cuss: :cuss: I respawn near by, run over and just as I get there the guy steals my Napalm run so I go for his Sentry gun and just before I've taken it, he then takes it too...then proceeds to laugh on the mic and brag to his buddy (they were on split screen) that he just stole my care package just before he wasted the Napalm run. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

I have no problem telling people to get the F away from my package!!! Unless they’re female, then it’s ok. ;)

Borlaxx
12-02-2010, 12:36 PM
How did he even get a care package with only three kills?

KornHoled
12-02-2010, 12:39 PM
heh - didn't even think about that - he must've been more like 4-18... with a hardline perk or something

Jackie R
12-02-2010, 01:06 PM
I have no problem telling people to get the F away from my package!!! Unless they’re female, then it’s ok. ;)
http://www.theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/laughing.gif

Sorry to hear what happened Wil but a care package bouncing off another and killing someone must have been something to see! http://www.theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/grin.gif

TonkaToys
12-03-2010, 10:03 AM
At that moment I wished friendly fire was on and i would have followed him around killing him until he left the lobby.

'Nade him next time.