PDA

View Full Version : Domination only?

Pwizzle99
11-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Is that the only game type most of you guys play? That's what I see most MP's playing whenever I get online. :-\

DayliteMag
11-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Personally, my preference is for HC TDM, but to be perfectly honest I will probably be reverting to BC2. I'm really not enjoying the frenetic pace and repetitive nature of BlOps. That said, if no one is playing BC2 anymore then I guess I will have to make more of an effort to get used to BO.

Retro
11-20-2010, 03:44 PM
My problem with Black Ops and CoD games in general, they take zero skill and use for tactics, it's all run, jump, dive and spray. It's well done, but gets boring really fast. I'm thinking it might trade time.

ProfUnderDog
11-20-2010, 03:50 PM
TDM and Domination are the most popular. I prefer Domination to TDM because I prefer games with at least some objective, but lately I have been playing the others including demolition, headquarters, and search and destroy.

DayliteMag
11-20-2010, 04:25 PM
My problem with Black Ops and CoD games in general, they take zero skill and use for tactics, it's all run, jump, dive and spray. It's well done, but gets boring really fast. I'm thinking it might trade time.

I may not be far behind you, Retro. I think BlOps is going to retain its trade-in value for quite sometime, so I will probably hold onto it for awhile longer. I haven't finished the SP yet and am enjoying it.

Retro
11-20-2010, 05:02 PM

I may not be far behind you, Retro. I think BlOps is going to retain its trade-in value for quite sometime, so I will probably hold onto it for awhile longer. I haven't finished the SP yet and am enjoying it.
The SP is great. I like the MP, but after 30 minutes I just get bored whether I'm winning or losing.

I really wish they would you to play all games modes in hard core.

Toxic Avenger72
11-20-2010, 08:44 PM
TDM and Domination are the most popular. I prefer Domination to TDM because I prefer games with at least some objective, but lately I have been playing the others including demolition, headquarters, and search and destroy.

I started playing headquarters today and I think that is one mode where Team MP would shine.

ProfUnderDog
11-21-2010, 12:53 PM

I started playing headquarters today and I think that is one mode where Team MP would shine.

I agree. I think we would do well with any of the objective based games. We may also want to try the Team Tactical games as well. While I do prefer the hardcore mode, I am finding normal much easier to live with than BC2 where the weapons are all nerfed.

tricky m72
11-22-2010, 04:08 PM
i prefer to play headquarters.i find it alot more fun than any other on black ops.

roadrnr
11-22-2010, 05:32 PM
I just got BO today, but I don't know if I'll play MP...maybe a little bit. But I don't like the CAD MP games that much. I got it mainly for the sp. I'll run through sp and maybe play a little mp, but probably just resell it after that.

Bigphil225
11-25-2010, 02:57 AM
I LOOOOOOOOOve the objective based modes, especially SnD, and think as some have posted, we could shine on some modes.

Currently playing TDM as i want to get my K/D ratio back above 1.0, andi find tdm is the quickest way for that, once ive done that ill be spending more time playing tactically, rather than run,spot and kill.

Beano
11-25-2010, 01:12 PM

This.

But upon thinking I also think there is a lack of communication and teamwork that BC offers. In BC the squad system although small lets you work together on completing objectives thus making it a more in depth experience. I haven't heard any of that in Blops and for that matter I don't even know how you could effectively do it on say team deathmatch. It's just run and gun and every man for himself. Also getting into games without getting dropped from parties is a huge huge headache. BC2 never had any of that crap.

Also listening to the chat while in the pregame lobby leaves me no hope for the future of mankind. :-ss Makes me wonder where their parents are.

In addition to the run, jump, dive and spray I'd also throw in there that he who has best connection wins in many of the face to face run around the corner engagements. Unfortunately I seem to lose most of these. But I may be getting old also hehe.

DayliteMag
11-25-2010, 02:40 PM
But upon thinking I also think there is a lack of communication and teamwork that BC offers. In BC the squad system although small lets you work together on completing objectives thus making it a more in depth experience. I haven't heard any of that in Blops and for that matter I don't even know how you could effectively do it on say team deathmatch. It's just run and gun and every man for himself. Also getting into games without getting dropped from parties is a huge huge headache. BC2 never had any of that crap. .

This had definitely been my experience, too. On the XBOX side communication with your Clan-mates is easy enough using XBL chat parties, and while it's nice to be able to joke around and have a laugh, I've yet to see any truly effective communication. The pace is just waaay way too fast. How can you mount an effective offensive or defend a target when you get killed within seconds of spawning? Not too mention the fact that the spawn points seem totally random. Oh, well, I'm not going to turn into a BlOps hater, I can see the appeal of the game, but it's just not my cuppa'.

Reidmiester
11-25-2010, 06:56 PM
G'Day Guys,
New to forum, and have Blop only for a week, joined this site as i am sick of getting owned by 12year olds as you say run, jump, dive and spray. Anyway i had BC2 in my hands yesterday at the store didnt know whether to get it or not after only getting Blops this week, but if it is more strategic in team work then i am sold.

Reids

DayliteMag
11-25-2010, 06:58 PM
G'Day Guys,
New to forum, and have Blop only for a week, joined this site as i am sick of getting owned by 12year olds as you say run, jump, dive and spray. Anyway i had BC2 in my hands yesterday at the store didnt know whether to get it or not after only getting Blops this week, but if it is more strategic in team work then i am sold.

Reids

Reids, that is exactly the difference between BO and BC2. There is a large and active group of MPs who regularly play BC2. If you get the game we would be glad to have you join our posse.

Reidmiester
11-25-2010, 07:02 PM
ok guess i am back down the store today and i will grab a copy
Cheers

Reidmiester
11-26-2010, 07:45 PM
HiDaylitemag
I got BC2 and it is a totally different online gaming, only played one mission and didnt know what i was really doing, more practise needed there i think!
Reids

DayliteMag
11-26-2010, 08:04 PM
HiDaylitemag
I got BC2 and it is a totally different online gaming, only played one mission and didnt know what i was really doing, more practise needed there i think!
Reids

Hey Reids, if you see me (or any of the others) online then feel free to join and we will "show you the ropes". If you got the Limited Edition then it should have come with the Onslaught version and this can be helpful as you can setup a private match and play by yourself with AIs. This helps to learn the maps and weapons without any negative effect on your stats (if that's important to you). Look forward to seeing you on the battlefield.

Reidmiester
11-26-2010, 08:07 PM
ok no worries, just sent you PM
and yes got the limited edition

=1LT=Mike
11-26-2010, 11:25 PM
I found my new favorite game type yesterday morning. In the bones menu it is team death match pure. No killstreaks, no attachments, and not perks. Just you and your favorite gun verses the other team and their gun. You can move tactically without worrying about dogs and helicopters and mortar strikes. I really enjoyed it.

shadyshall
11-27-2010, 05:17 PM
I prefer domination because it gives you lots of points (if you are not deadweight and actually capture the flags) and there is an objective and you know where the enemy is going. It's fun when you don't give a rat's ass about your K/D.

My BIGGEST problem is that although I see you guys playing a lot - NO ONE is ever playing in groups!! Why not? I joined y'alls group to play with you and I a) can't get into any games you're in and b) don't see many date-nights being organized... Any way we can fix this?

(Or is there a thread somewhere or a known nightly match that I am not privy too...)

Reidmiester
11-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Agree Shadyshall
I also tried to connect into other MP games and couldn't, is it possible to start a group with date and time i am willing to stay up late in OZ to make it happen

Reidmiester
11-28-2010, 04:17 AM
Finally got to hook up with three MP members today was good, but would like to try an arrange a big group of us maybe, let me know if you are interested and a good time for you guys as I will adjust to your time zone.
Reids

DayliteMag
11-28-2010, 10:12 AM
I noticed the same thing. Could be 10 MPs on and all are playing separate matches. Not sure why this is. Could be that we have a LOT of new MPs who are new to both BlOPs (we all are) and to the clan. They may feel nervous to either send invites or to join on clan-mates who they don't yet know. I think that existing clan members should really go out of their way to try to include the FNGs. We all joined Team MP for similar reasons, so presumably we should all be welcome to an invite or to someone joining our party. For the new guys, I would say that you should just go ahead and join on anyone you see with the MP clan tag.

Admittedly, I've pretty much stopped playing BlOps but I do recall that the invite system was sometimes a bit sketchy. One possible suggestion: when you load up BO and want to get in some gaming with MPs, start up a XBOX Live party and send invites to everyone who is currently online playing BO.

ProfUnderDog
11-29-2010, 09:55 AM
My BIGGEST problem is that although I see you guys playing a lot - NO ONE is ever playing in groups!! Why not? I joined y'alls group to play with you and I a) can't get into any games you're in and b) don't see many date-nights being organized... Any way we can fix this?

It was good playing with you yesterday. It seems like there are always a couple of MPs playing BO these days though the system for joining is really annoying. Half the time, I cannot join in on existing matches, and am reluctant to send invites to people to have them back out of matches. Given the sentiment on the board, I'll start doing that more often.

DayliteMag
11-29-2010, 10:22 AM

It was good playing with you yesterday. It seems like there are always a couple of MPs playing BO these days though the system for joining is really annoying. Half the time, I cannot join in on existing matches, and am reluctant to send invites to people to have them back out of matches. Given the sentiment on the board, I'll start doing that more often.

Again, I think the answer is to start an XBL Party. We all know and use that system (at least we should) and you'll want to be in a live party anyway, so as to avoid listening to the 12 year olds. Once in a Party then MPs can discuss who will start a new match/lobby and who is interested in receiving an invite. For the couple of weeks that I was playing BlOps this seemed like the only reasonable solution to the crappy invite system. It almost never works to join on someone who is already in a match...even if the system is saying that they are "joinable".

dbcr72
11-29-2010, 02:18 PM
When I'm on I like playing ground war since it switches between TDM and DOM. I prefer DOM since it seems a bit easier to up your K/D ratio and getting huge points for cappinng flags and defending. It gets annoying when you're stuck o a team that won't capture or defend nodes. If you see me on I'm always game for joining a group. Sorry for the missed invites this past weekend I was playing with some relatives that I didn't know played BO.

Reidmiester
11-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Sorry guys i will be away from blops for a while have a new addiction to bfbc2, but i will be on blops on weekends only as i want to concentrate on bc2 during the week.